View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #5228
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
I dont know where theyre marketing the marvel app. Word of mouth?
The last time I knew of any actual advertisement for the Marvel app that didn't pop up online while I was actively researching something about a Marvel character out of conversational need or random curiosity was, and I shit you not, an OTA radio spot. Something about that felt off for what they're trying to do. Like the next step is to hire a street team in random cities to staple flyers to phone poles like 90s rap concerts to completely miss your audience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
It is for digital comic books and prob like more than 80% of the people interested in the MCU movies/shows have no actual interest in reading the comics
So, exactly the same issue I'm having with Disney+... I want to watch the new episodes of the new Ducktales (so good), but I can't, because D+ only has through season 2... season 3 is on that Disney XD, which is free but you have to be watching in conjunction with a cable subscription to unlock the service. Not fooling with any of that is exactly the reason why I have Disney+, and it makes no sense to me why you'd have two different streaming services (as a company, I mean, not as a subscriber) with different content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Yeah... I do really want a cut of the original Star Wars trilogy that is the one I grew up with.

Which was apparently already not the original cut, so I guess I don't want that either (but I'd take it over what they got now).
I have a particular DVD set of the original trilogy with the original films on them like a "bonus feature" (and I think they all have the same demo of the first LEGO Star Wars... have to go back and look). The sound is intentionally mono crippled, and its in black bar 4:3 instead of theatrical widescreen, but unless you go completely old school and hunt down the final release of the widescreen VHS set, Indy, that's about as good as it is going to get.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote