View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 01:43 PM   #33
Curtis
Curtis

Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Curtis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Foley.

Guy was a franchise in and of himself. Amazing work in all his gimmicks, he put on immensely entertaining matches that hid his in-ring limitations and exaggerated his positives. A lot of my favorite attitude era matches and moments are tied to Foley in all his various personalities. Commisioner Foley is still my favorite WWE authority figure, the guy is just a natural entertainer and can make anything work.

Kane was an average big man in his early run who benefitted immensely from a very well done monster gimmick and association with the established legend in The Undertaker, but I never felt he was that entertaining in the ring and could never be a real main eventer. Starting from his run as the dastardly evil dentist, Kane had always been a great guy to throw in the midcard and his matches while solid, have never really been memorable. I think Kane showed a lot of improvement later on in his career but at some point stopped giving it 100% and just coasted on his reputation and status in the company.

WWE had a real good chance to cement Kane as a bigger name in their history when he lost the mask, but naturally, I felt that the angle had an outstanding start that WWE totally lost focus on and it ended up fizzling out. You could always count on Kane to have a solid match and make his opponent look good, but I don't think anyone's really ever said, "Man, I really wanna go and watch some Kane matches after work tonight".

Also Kane let his unborn child get murdered by Gene Snitsky, you wouldn't see Foley letting that happen.
Actually kind of want to see a Foley vs Snitsky match.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote