View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 05:10 PM   #1582
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I found it interesting how Rocky kept harping on point totals on the last days of the blocks, pretty much saying anybody who entered the final block days with 6 points was in real jeopardy of being passed over for next year's G1 if they didn't win their last match. But Suzuki had 10 points last year, a better finish than Fale, SANADA, Juice, Goto, and Yano yet he was left out.

It's obvious now why Suzuki was kept out - he invariably would've had to lose more often than he should. Plus I believe Meltzer or someone else had reported that Suzuki had simply asked to not be in as he's 51 and keeping a lighter schedule for himself. But purely in terms of storyline you had Suzuki mad at being out and vowing to injure people in the preview tags to ruin the tournament and unless I missed something there was never a storyline reason given why the decision makers kept him out in the first place, they just did it.

So for that reason I'm sure by June of next year the 2019 point totals will be bunk. And hopefully so because Archer was the only one to finish with 6 points and he was one of the most entertaining parts of this tournament.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote