View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 12:49 AM   #18
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
SPOILER: show
At the same time part of me wonders if it was unintentional. With their lives being so long, it is like the blink of an eye to wait for him. So the standard operation could very well be to infiltrate at first to understand the culture and planet.... but it could have been unplanned that he took a wife and had a son. But he told himself that he was still serving the empire by creating another Viltrumite, and then he would wait to see if his son got powers and when he did the game would be on.

But then in the end he couldn't go through with killing his son because he had changed from his time on the planet and the unplanned family. So he's now got an inner battle between loyalty to his planet and to his son, so he just Fs off into space to think.

This is also why it is so shocking that he has abandoned his post, and why nothing like this has happened before... because he did go "off script" with having a family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post

I don't think he's the 1st Viltrumite to have a family. i think he's the first one to love. and perhaps he's its that he let his wife raise his son thats the issue. perhaps Invincible is the variance. the 1st Viltrumite that didnt side with the fatherland.

its fun to speculate regardless and the narrative theyve delivered is sooooooo strong.
Not quite sure how
Omni Man thought that argument was going to sway his son to a hitherto unknown cause, though. "I love you mom like a pet, join me in conquering the planet" isn't exactly father-of-the-year material...

...but then, knocking his son's teeth out and flashing back to him being similarly toothless and hitting a little league home run showed that he isn't completely heartless.

However, I personally think he didn't so much "abandon" his post as he went to get backup. If he can't bring himself to kill his own son, he can find someone else to do it without question for the good of the mission.

A small part hopes he just pulled back to watch what his son will do. He invented a reason for his kid to step up and be the hero the world needs, even at the cost of his own reputation... which won't matter to anyone but those two in a couple hundred years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
the tear really got me
Me too, but it was also kinda darkly funny... considering everything else.

Overall, the only real complaint I have about the show is the pacing. It feels like it was rushed. Not rushed like Gen:LOCK where it feels like they forgot to explain stuff just to make sure they finished a full season, or rushed in a shitty way like the last season of GoT, but still tried to slide in a lot to try to help sway a green light for more seasons.

9/10 started watching again
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote