View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 11:58 PM   #14
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Also, I know there is newz about Dunn hating her voice, but let her cut some good promos please. She has the ability, give her the time.
That's something that has bothered me forever - you get somebody talented, and then *somebody* nitpicks, but the nitpicker is an "important" person, so a whole career can be derailed because of one asshat. Meanwhile, someone else can be given the world because that same person (or someone else in the upper echelon) thinks that person has something that they clearly don't.

It's one thing to give a general "this is a good lookin' kid" or "you carry yourself like a natural heel", but it's something else to say "I don't like her voice in particular" or "his face bothers me".

I could be a super-talented motherfucker, general perception of a "good look" in the face, and ultra charismatic promo, and well liked by folks backstage... but if ONE person doesn't like that I have a highly discernable scar across my nose, and that person is super important, that can torpedo any chance I have of getting anywhere.

Imagine that shit elsewhere? Like, David Bowie getting buried because one record executive didn't like that "eye thing". "Michael Jordan? Nah, the bald head looks freaky. Bench him." "Did you hear that Tyson kid open his mouth? He sounds like a pussy with a lisp. No more fights for him, it bothers me!"
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote