View Single Post
Old 01-02-2016, 12:22 AM   #652
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I missed this reply, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastway View Post
Yes REALLY.
I like 1-3,although I loath to admit it, but we knew that several things had to happen to get us to A New Hope and to some extent that took away from the impact of the films.
What would you have Lucas do?

Not have the prequels end setting up the Deathstar trilogy? What are you asking for? This is why I wondered if you guys actually had an issue with prequel stories as a concept.

Ridley Scott went out of his way to keep Prometheus from ending on a note that leads to Alien. It was one of the biggest criticisms on the movie. Ridley and Fox's response? The Prometheus sequel is now called Alien, with a greater effort to bridge the two eras.

Prequels are expected to set up what they proceed, with the point being that we explore the hows and whys. If your issue with a prequel is its unavoidable goal, I dunno what to tell you.

They're talking about doing a TV series based on Krypton. But why? We know it blows up.

Quote:
Adapting the EU works to film works the same way.
Let me clarify what I mean by adapting story and character elements of the EU for film (I was gonna save this for the thread but I suppose I can say so here).

I do not mean adapting the stories line for line in a Watchmen kind of way. No direct adaptations. I'm one of the few guys on here documented to not take much issue with loose adaptations. I really don't mind so long as the spirit and theme of the source material is respected. That is what I mean by that. I should have been more clear before.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote