View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 11:59 PM   #160
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm being the worst fan this year, but with a team that has constantly showed exactly how much talent they lost to the NFL and graduation after last season, I'm not entirely sure the Buckeyes have it in them to make it through Clemson, let alone go and hang another 40-something points on The Tide*.

I have a feeling there is going to be some sort of re-examination of the whole conference champion thing after this season because of the circumstances of the Big 10. I mean, I thought this was one of the reasons why everyone was falling all over themselves to make these 14+ team super conferences with two divisions and a championship game at the end (the other being ranked teams sliding from being "idle"). If Ohio State loses either one of the next two games, we will have to hear how Penn State "could have done better" and "deserved to be there" ad infinitum in spite of being a two loss team. They really have to step up major.

Of course, an 8 team playoff would have negated this and most of the rest of the Big 10 clusterfuck. One extra game. And don't keep pushing into January: play that shit like NOW instead of some of the nonsensical lesser bowl games. I still say making it 16 would be better, as it would also push the "Top 25" concept back into a way more relevant standing. Who gives a shit about who is ranked #19? Makes more sense if they actually had something to keep working for. A team that starts the year ranked #22 could have a chance to up their prominence instead of simply hoping for a chance to be playing in the Car Quest Whogivesashit Bowl.

*assuming Alabama beats Washington. Shouldn't assume this, considering what I said about playoffs year one. Washington is kinda iffy, though. They could pull off a win IF they don't shoot themselves in the foot. They can potentially let mistakes pile up and take themselves out of the game; something that Alabama will surely capitalize on.