View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 09:57 AM   #62
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
Not gonna give him credit for saying it slightly more eloquently.
It's all about the delivery and the spin and is largely why Jon Oliver is funny. You can call the material uninspired (I even called it low hanging fruit in one of my posts) but I laughed because it's pretty hilarious how gay wrestling is. Largely due to the "tough guy/ hetero" narrative it tries to portray contrasted with how absolutely over the top and "camp" it is. I mean there's only ever been Darren Young who was gay and a babyface and there was never a storyline about his bravery for coming out. Whereas every other gay character has been a predatory heel who fans booed due to their perceived "gayness".

Then on top of that, wrestling fans (not saying you) lose their shit when you call it gay.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. I wonder if LPGA fans get annoyed when people discuss its association with lesbians.

My point, is similar to literally everyone I played rugby with, we embrace the latent homoeroticism. It's one of the many things that make wrestling particularly quirky. Never mind the amount jobber squash fetish channels on Youtube.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote