View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #30
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
When you watch old shows, you know the characters. Assuming you mean major old shows, even if you didn't live through the build you know Savage or Hogan or Flair or Steamboat, etc. And there are stories that you know even if you know them based solely on what has been told during the show/match. It's not John Doe vs John Doe fighting for nothing other than trying to put on a 5 star match. That's what I was asking about. If that would be appealing to you.
Gertner answered for me for the most part, but there are times where I don't know who is fighting and I enjoy it just fine.

Way back in 04' when I bought the DVD for the first ROH show, I didn't know anyone on the show. I had heard about a few of them, but hadn't ever seen them before. Didn't matter. I loved it because the matches were great.

I have always valued the actual work in the ring over character and story stuff. Not saying that to be a snob. If you're the opposite that's totally cool.That's what's great about wrestling. It's a multifaceted business which people can enjoy for different reasons.

All that said, we're not talking about two nobodies fighting, we would be talking about an icon taking on one of the best wrestlers in the world. I'm sure you'd still have a story there. The difference is it would lead to a far better match.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote