Thread: Dark Souls
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 08:54 PM   #290
Ultra Mantis
Grim Fandango

Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ultra Mantis makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Finally found the time to finish the Soul of Cinder off, maybe I'm rusty but he gave me a much harder time than Gwyn did. Dark Souls II final boss I remember being absolute piss, but this one is brutal.

Was kind of disappointed with Aldrich's design after the semi-formless tentacled goop he looked to be in the opening cut scene. I think the whole "of the deep" stuff made me think of sea creatures and semi aquatic areas (like that one in DSII with the lost sinner boss). Obviously it's just referring to the abyss but still, I think I over anticipated finally getting to him and speculating what he could be.

Failed almost every NPC quest, I only managed to complete Anri's & Leonhard's, also never even saw Seigward again after the young fire demon fight. Patches also showed up very late in my game when I decided to explore the firelink tower after visiting The Untended Graves so I'm not sure what purpose he serves either. Never even found the magic tutor.

Decided to run through it again and see if I fare any better, managed to get up to and beat Vordt without dying so far but I'm sure that wont last long.
Ultra Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote