View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 07:39 PM   #1214
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Sheets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
A "Killer" has joined the ranks of Josh Barnett's Bloodsport III.

GCW and Barnett announced Friday that Killer Kelly has been added to the Thursday, April 2nd event in Ybor City, Florida.

The German-based talent from Portugal is currently a member of the NXT UK roster, but isn't exclusive to them as she is a frequent presence in wXw and as of two weeks ago, wants to fill up her schedule.
Quote:
ROH has made a pair of match announcements for their Past vs. Present event.

Members of Generation Next and Villain Enterprises are set to face off at Past vs. Present, with Alex Shelley & Matt Sydal teaming against Marty Scurll & Flip Gordon.

Shelley and Sydal weren't in Generation Next at the same time. Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, and Jack Evans were the other members of the group.

Homicide will also take on Brody King of Villain Enterprises in a singles match at Past vs. Present.
Quote:
After the challenge was issued on Monday, ROH has confirmed that Marty Scurll vs. Jay White is official for Supercard of Honor XIV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
While there has been some conspiracy theories about the exit of Barrios and Wilson (which we will touch upon below), we are told that the primary reason they are gone is that McMahon and his Co-Presidents had completely different visions as to how the company could generate revenue, new and existing, going forward and as one staffer joked, “It’s never going to be Vince who loses that argument" ...

PWInsider.com is told that an internal announcement released by the company to its employees was even more direct, alluding to irreconcilable differences in the company’s strategic priorities. Barrios and Wilson had one vision and Vince McMahon had another. Vince’s vision will always win. He’s Vince McMahon. The end.

Within WWE, the reaction among employees we have spoken to was pretty much complete shock. If there was something brewing that was leading to yesterday’s ouster, it was kept extremely quiet and was not something being spoken about openly within WWE’s Stamford offices. Given that the news wasn’t held for the weekend (when most companies would dump negative news, hoping it’s forgotten by the time the work week begins) and was announced out of nowhere, that would be an indication that something happened that led to an immediate blowup and departure.

One WWE employee, speaking under condition of anonymity, stated that when the news was announced internally, all work that they were aware of pretty much “ground to a halt” as everyone was stunned by the news. Another staffer claimed it was the most shocking day they could remember since “that horrible day in 2007”, a day where WWE fired 10% of its workforce.

There was a lot of feelings of “what happens now” with projects and strategies that were already underway, including the planned tiered launch of the WWE Network that had been earmarked for the first quarter of 2020. Others, however, tempered that worry, noting that if the company “lived on” after Linda McMahon left and Shane McMahon’s 2009 resignation from the company, that the “machine” that is WWE won’t stop for anyone’s departure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
Evercore ISI media analyst John Belton was cited in Multichannel News with the following reaction to Thursday’s news:

"These developments will clearly cause weakness in WWE shares for a variety of reasons. 2020 adjusted OIBDA expectations must be further cut, particularly given updated 2019 guidance now targeting the low end of the prior range. Second, to the extent that the disagreements between McMahon and Barrios / Wilson centered on reinvestment and / or capital allocation policies, hopes for more shareholder-friendly initiatives moving forward could be diminished. Third, the abrupt nature of the release suggests a tumultuous situation at the company which makes it difficult to gain confidence in forecasting the near- and long- term financial outlook."

Eric Handler of MKM Partners as noted in Market Watch:

"This change, in our view, was unexpected. Investors are now even more concerned about 2020 adjusted OIBDA guidance. However, given the known step-up in the domestic TV rights deal, we do not believe the company is in a ‘precarious’ financial position."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The WWE stock closed at $48.88 on Friday and represents a drop of 21.5% from Thursday’s close.
At the moment, its currently at $48.74 for after-hour trading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Q - Is Robert Stone designed to be a Tony Khan parody?

A - No. I get this question a lot, specifically whether WWE costumed Stone to look like Khan. That isn't the case. Stone has been dressed in that fashion on the independents and for House of Hardcore for several years, long before Tony Khan was involved in professional wrestling. I don't think the idea is to parody Khan.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
FOX sent out the following

Earlier today Roku notified their users they intend to remove FOX apps, including FOX Sports, FOX NOW, FOX News, and FOX Nation. We’re as surprised – and disappointed – as you! Only Roku can remove our apps from your device, and we’ve not asked them to do that. Be assured, if there’s a disruption, it will be Roku’s decision alone. While we work to continue our relationship with Roku, we are happy to keep our apps available to you, and we regret Roku has chosen to threaten your access solely to improve its own business interests ...

For those of you who watch Smackdown via FOX Apps, Roku has responded to the FOX situatiion with the following statement:

Roku’s distribution agreement with FOX Corp to distribute FOX channels is set to expire on Jan. 31. We don’t want to see that happen but we have tried for months to get FOX to sign an agreement and we offered FOX an extension but they declined.

If an agreement is not reached, we will be forced to remove FOX channels from the Roku platform because we can’t distribute content without an agreement. Every content provider has a distribution agreement on every platform. It gives the legal right to distribute.

Meanwhile customers can view FOX programming including the big game in many other ways on the Roku platform including through fuboTV, Sling TV, Hulu + LiveTV, and YouTube TV. Many offer free trials for new customers. In addition Roku TV customers can use an antenna to watch FOX channels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful
The Revival once again asked for their release from WWE at some point last week. As of now, Scott Dawson & Dash Wilder remain under contract with the company.

Bryan Alvarez on Wrestling Observer Live first reported the news. Fightful was able to confirm the report.
Quote:
In an interview with Sports Illustrated, Cena discussed his Royal Rumble viewing experience and the one performer who really stood out to him.

"I thought the [Royal Rumble] was extra special," Cena told Sports Illustrated. "It was great to be able to watch it as a fan and not endure any fear of missing out and just enjoy the event. And I can say with the utmost sincerity that I believe Brock Lesnar is best in-ring performer that I've seen and I know it's an opinion, and if you want a cool quote, here it is: I think he's the best in-ring performer of all time. I thought his performance at the Rumble was a clinic on how to establish yourself, how to establish those around you, establish the championship, establish the importance of one event. He did so in less than 30 minutes, and I certainly don't have the skill set to do that, and it was awesome to be able to see a masterclass man put on a clinic on what to do and how to do it and I was really impressed with the Rumble."

When asked if Brock is the best ever, Cena didn't back down from his statement.

"I really do think so," he stated. "I genuinely think he has a good understanding of who he is. I think he's the best at when he needs to be dominant, he's the best in situations of jeopardy. He makes people better. He still has a mystique about him that will draw eyeballs to watch him and when he does he never disappoints. I watched from home did not know the result of the Rumble and I thought Brock was gonna run the table and win. I knew the first 27 entrants would be boring, but I knew by 28 and 29 I'd be on the edge of my seat and asking the question, "What happens to the WrestleMania main event now that the No. 1 entrant ran the table and is the champion for the first time ever?"

He continued, "And I love it when a plan comes together, to quote a member of the A Team. You could see how uneasy the crowd was with Brock's dominance and then over the course of time, how it became exciting and how it became riveting and then how it became like must-see and that's who Brock Lesnar is. He believes so much in his presence, and he has such a definable presence you can't ignore him and he never wastes anyone's time and everything he does is special and everything he does meaningful and it's not all selfish. He's one of the most giving performers in the WWE and that is the mark of a true craftsman and a true professional. It was awesome to watch. My jaw dropped when I watched the Rumble."
Quote:
Taya Valkyrie will be with IMPACT Wrestling into 2021 according to a recent tweet from her.

There seemed to be some confusion around the expiration of Taya's contract as PWInsider reported her deal had rolled over and would run through December 2020. Taya denied that her contract rolled over, saying she signed a two-year deal in 2019. She didn't give a date on when in 2019 she signed a new contract. The earliest her current deal would expire is January 2021.

TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote