View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #212
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA

Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopydate View Post
If either of those had previously failed in a comparable movie, this would be a valid argument. But, unless I'm remembering incorrectly and "Mr. Mom" was actually about a man who was bitten by a radioactive mother and became the masked vigilante Mr. Mom, it's not.
Uh-oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalyx triaD View Post
You're gonna sit here and say A Knight's Tale was quality? And Keaton's backlog was before my interest in him but I'm certain everything he did was not a hit.
Do note "comparable," though.

Additionally, A Knight's Tale was hardly brilliant, but Ledger didn't exactly do horrible in it, especially given the constraints of what it was.

Daredevil was mocked even by the standards of what it was (no superhero movie is really going to be put up next to The Godfather, but come on) and even given its contemporaries.

As a Power Rangers fan, I'm surprised you're using what is essentially a niche film as an example of a Ledger flick. It's ridonkulous, it's bombastic, it's over-the-top. Kind of like five guys in spandex running around to shitty power metal licks.

DD didn't even have that, except maybe for a few moments of Colin Farrell being ridiculous. It was, by all evidence, intended to be a dramatic film with the gravity of something much closer to Batman Begins. And it was terrible at it.

It probably would have been better if it had gone full on ridiculous, a la Batman Forever or whatever. I think people would get behind stupid and corny over stupid, corny, and Twilight.

Unless that's your expectation of this movie.

In which case....Well played, I guess.....
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote