View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #54
Kalyx triaD
Raw Video Footage

Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kalyx triaD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destor View Post
I think the auto combos should have a damage reduction otherwise there isnt much reason to not use them
Actually there's a couple reasons to do manual combos, including higher damage, more severe knockdown, better stun effects (wallbounce, launches), and generally having more varied combo paths for your advantage.

Manuals are good to a point, but are the most basic amount of damage. Even the Medium Attack path that leads to super is actually the lowest damaging path to super. You can certainly just block correctly and auto your way past the vast majority of players (especially with the influx of casuals and Xenoverse/Tenkaichi players who the autos are designed for).

But at some point you gotta start experimenting with mixing up the auto combo paths. And from thete throw in more manual inputs. I can tell you in the beta I was already shutting people down who only had auto combos to offer, by only marginally varying my paths. Now imagine legions getting time in training mode. There's already clips of training mode stuff that make this look like a different game.

There are reasons not to do rest on autos forever.
Kalyx triaD is offline   Reply With Quote