TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2006, 06:52 PM   #1
Arnold HamNegger
Terminator Daddy!
 
Arnold HamNegger's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,428
Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)
Has this ever happened to you?

So I'm in Best Buy recently and bought a wrestling DVD. The guy at the checkout line looks at the DVD and gives me the mother of all smirks like "you fucking loser, I can't believe you still watch this crap!" and slightly chuckles as he hands me the DVD in a bag.

Fuck that guy! Seriously, since I know a security camera somewhere would capture this, I feel like drinking a 5th of Old Crow and going in there again wearing a "It's Still Real To Me Damnit!!!!" T-shirt. I'll buy another wrestling DVD and go to his register. When he smirks at me again, I'll thumb him in the eye, pull him over the counter, give him a crotch shot followed by the figure four. "Whoooo, WWHHOOOOOOOO!!! Check that out fat boy! WWWHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Then I'll blade and Flair Flop onto a shopping cart.

This guy's attitude is why I don't have any actual 3 dimentional friends to talk wrestling with and never EVER mention that I watch wrestling to anyone. Christ, I feel like a freak. Are we freaks? Should we be out growing this? Do you get strange looks buying stuff or wearing wrestling merch or shirts?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tyson
I'm gonna fuck you until you love me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBPunk
While i was banned i took a huge disliking to this dickhole bitch. I debuted on tpww in late september last year and won troll of the year by november (tho i only learned the meaning of troll 1 week later. . .derp) Anyway i am reformed and you, sir, are a loser. You actually are a troll which means you're a virgin, probly aged 28-45, your fingers are fatter than your cock and your balding quicker than HBK.
Arnold HamNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:56 PM   #2
Stickman
Stickman
 
Stickman's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,119
Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I definatly get strange looks. I always have when it comes to getting wrestling stuff. I actually do feel like a loser for watching and even coming to this website, but I still do.
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
Blitz
Angel Headed Hipster
 
Blitz's Avatar
 
Posts: 37,942
Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blitz makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Put your self in his shoes. Imagine someone who's never watched a match flipping through the channels and coming across The Boogeyman or something.
Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #4
Arnold HamNegger
Terminator Daddy!
 
Arnold HamNegger's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,428
Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz
Put your self in his shoes. Imagine someone who's never watched a match flipping through the channels and coming across The Boogeyman or something.
Yeah, this is true. Hell, sometimes I'm embarrassed at myself when I sit through stupid shit WWE dishes out and keep coming back. My roommate and I have lived in the same place for over two years and he comes home every Monday night after work and I'm on the couch usually watching Raw. Two years and not ONE word has ever been said. Usually uncomfortable silence mixed with avoiding as much eye contact as possible. I think the only time he ever attempted to look at the screen a while back was when Doink the Clown reappeared on Raw. That was the last time he's come near the TV on Monday nights.....ever.
Arnold HamNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #5
Xero
He's Here
 
Xero's Avatar
 
Posts: 60,735
Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold HamNegger
Yeah, this is true. Hell, sometimes I'm embarrassed at myself when I sit through stupid shit WWE dishes out and keep coming back.
I hope I don't offend anyone with this (like that's out of the norm on this forum), but we may be the nerds sitting at home watching big sweaty men hurt each other, while they're sitting at home watching Friends re-runs and reciting every episode from memory. Or watching the latest episode of The Simple Life and laughing at the hilarious highjinks of Nicole and Paris.

The moral of the story is that while we may watch shit, there is much, MUCH worse shit on Television right now that "normal" people watch.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:06 PM   #6
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA
 
Kane Knight's Avatar
 
Posts: 152,467
Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't buy wrestling stuff much anymore, so I'm pretty safe.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:07 PM   #7
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04
 
James Steele's Avatar
 
Posts: 29,886
James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
You should have told him to go fuck himself and you want to speak to his manager.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:10 PM   #8
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSteele
You should have told him to go fuck himself and you want to speak to his manager.
Speak to his manager?

Fag.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:18 PM   #9
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04
 
James Steele's Avatar
 
Posts: 29,886
James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
Speak to his manager?

Fag.
I used to work in a grocery story and some old lady told me to go fuck myself and then she wanted to talk to my manager. I guess I shouldn't have told her we don't sell that certain brand of olives. She was obsessed with this one brand of fucking olives.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #10
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA
 
Kane Knight's Avatar
 
Posts: 152,467
Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSteele
I used to work in a grocery story and some old lady told me to go fuck myself and then she wanted to talk to my manager. I guess I shouldn't have told her we don't sell that certain brand of olives. She was obsessed with this one brand of fucking olives.
The customer is always right. If she wanted them, you should have lied.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #11
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04
 
James Steele's Avatar
 
Posts: 29,886
James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight
The customer is always right. If she wanted them, you should have lied.
It isn't a large grocery store and I spent 20 minutes looking for that fucking brand of olives, and we didn't have them. I asked her if she had any other brand of olives she would like instead and she was hell-bent on those olives. I told her I would take her to the manager and talk about placing a special order for them and she thought I was being sarcastic.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #12
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04
 
James Steele's Avatar
 
Posts: 29,886
James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I don't buy anything either, but if I did...
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:09 PM   #13
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'm notorious for getting people to START watching, actually.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:25 PM   #14
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Get a better job.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:33 PM   #15
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04
 
James Steele's Avatar
 
Posts: 29,886
James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
Get a better job.
That's why I quit 6 months ago.
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #16
Xero
He's Here
 
Xero's Avatar
 
Posts: 60,735
Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
No, mainly because I rarely buy wrestling DVDs at a store, I usually get them online. And when I DO buy them at a store, It'll usually be with at least one more thing. Once I slipped Forever Hardcore into a Walmart order.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #17
Arnold HamNegger
Terminator Daddy!
 
Arnold HamNegger's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,428
Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Limit 126
No, mainly because I rarely buy wrestling DVDs at a store, I usually get them online. And when I DO buy them at a store, It'll usually be with at least one more thing. Once I slipped Forever Hardcore into a Walmart order.
Wal-Mart's cool because you can check stuff out yourself, at least you can out here. Not sure if it's like that everywhere though.
Arnold HamNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:31 PM   #18
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA
 
Kane Knight's Avatar
 
Posts: 152,467
Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold HamNegger
Wal-Mart's cool because you can check stuff out yourself, at least you can out here. Not sure if it's like that everywhere though.
Wal-Mart's cool because no matter how much worse wrestling gets, they can'ty look down at you for buying it. They work at Wal-Mart!
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:31 PM   #19
Xero
He's Here
 
Xero's Avatar
 
Posts: 60,735
Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold HamNegger
Wal-Mart's cool because you can check stuff out yourself, at least you can out here. Not sure if it's like that everywhere though.
I've only ever seen self-checkouts at grocery stores. Never in a place like Wal-Mart or Best Buy.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:28 PM   #20
ron the dial
the heartbreak king
 
ron the dial's Avatar
 
Posts: 48,457
ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ron the dial makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Most times I buy anything wrestling related I get a look of indifference, as if the cashier couldn't give a fuck less. I got chatted up about ECW once when purchasing a DVD, but that's the occassion that was out of the norm.

As far as outgrowing wrestling goes, fuck that. I still like it to this day, regardless of how others view it. When I don't like it anymore is when I'll stop watching, and not a day sooner.
ron the dial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:30 PM   #21
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It really shouldn't matter what other people are thinking about you if you actually enjoy what you're watching. If you're so ashamed of it, maybe you should reconsider watching yourself.

I admit wrestling is kinda geeky, but I'm never afraid to tell somebody that I love it.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #22
Arnold HamNegger
Terminator Daddy!
 
Arnold HamNegger's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,428
Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
It really shouldn't matter what other people are thinking about you if you actually enjoy what you're watching. If you're so ashamed of it, maybe you should reconsider watching yourself.

I admit wrestling is kinda geeky, but I'm never afraid to tell somebody that I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Limit 126
I hope I don't offend anyone with this (like that's out of the norm on this forum), but we may be the nerds sitting at home watching big sweaty men hurt each other, while they're sitting at home watching Friends re-runs and reciting every episode from memory. Or watching the latest episode of The Simple Life and laughing at the hilarious highjinks of Nicole and Paris.

The moral of the story is that while we may watch shit, there is much, MUCH worse shit on Television right now that "normal" people watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane Knight
Wal-Mart's cool because no matter how much worse wrestling gets, they can'ty look down at you for buying it. They work at Wal-Mart!

Good points

Xero, maybe it's just the Wal-Mart's in Southern CA then. That's where I usually go to buy toilet paper because I can check it out myself. Maybe it's just me (and probably is), but there's something uncomfortable about having a woman cashier hand me my asswipe.
Arnold HamNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:19 AM   #23
Pinnacle Charisma
 
Pinnacle Charisma's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,981
Pinnacle Charisma is "reptacular" (2,500+)Pinnacle Charisma is "reptacular" (2,500+)Pinnacle Charisma is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
It really shouldn't matter what other people are thinking about you if you actually enjoy what you're watching. If you're so ashamed of it, maybe you should reconsider watching yourself.

I admit wrestling is kinda geeky, but I'm never afraid to tell somebody that I love it.
Pinnacle Charisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #24
Xero
He's Here
 
Xero's Avatar
 
Posts: 60,735
Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
This thread reminds me of a few months ago. I had to go with my grandparents to St. Lawrence University because it was my Grandfather's 50th Reunion, and I went to a few of the meals.

At one of them, we started to get to talking about what I like, what I'm doing, etc, and my grandfather blurted out that I like wrestling. Now, to give your a perspective on what I was dealing with here, no one at the table was under 70 and they assumed it was sumo and/or amature. I then had to drop a few names (Hogan and Austin), and my grandfather, who has taken me to every event I've been to (including the Supershow this Monday, as I need a ride and he can sort of get into it) dropped The Undertaker (I swear to you I would think TakerLover is his other bastard grandson) but that was pretty uncomfortable. Not because I was a wrestling fan, but because I was a wrestling fan among a bunch of old people who think what the media thinks of it.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #25
Rob
Part time poster
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,963
Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
You are all forgetting the most important question...

What DVD was it?
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #26
Arnold HamNegger
Terminator Daddy!
 
Arnold HamNegger's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,428
Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)
The most recent ONS.
Arnold HamNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:52 PM   #27
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Skinner's Greatest Hits
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 07:53 PM   #28
Arnold HamNegger
Terminator Daddy!
 
Arnold HamNegger's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,428
Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
Skinner's Greatest Hits

Dink & Doink: A Retrospective
Arnold HamNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:05 PM   #29
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The Official Lita DVV
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:08 PM   #30
Arnold HamNegger
Terminator Daddy!
 
Arnold HamNegger's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,428
Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)Arnold HamNegger is good (20,000+)
George the Animal Steele: Behind the Back Hair.
Arnold HamNegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #31
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold HamNegger
George the Animal Steele: Behind the Back Hair.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:11 PM   #32
Xero
He's Here
 
Xero's Avatar
 
Posts: 60,735
Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Xero makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Divas: South of the Caribbean

What's worse than buying porn somewhere? Buying wrestling-related pseudo-porn.
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #33
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA
 
Kane Knight's Avatar
 
Posts: 152,467
Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Limit 126
Divas: South of the Caribbean

What's worse than buying porn somewhere? Buying wrestling-related pseudo-porn.
You'd probably be considered less sad if you walked up to the register with a copy of "Bend over boyfriend," a Jumbo tube of "booty lube," and a 14" dildo in harness.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:21 PM   #34
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I could imagine an interview with A-Train on that DVD.

"He really was an inspiration to all of the follicle heavy workers..a real trailblazer"
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:04 PM   #35
Rob
Part time poster
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,963
Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
I'd laugh at people buying WWE DVD's too. But not in the embarrassing way but more in the "you still wanna give this fucker McMahon money?" kinda way.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:36 PM   #36
James Steele
TPWW's HHH Mark Since '04
 
James Steele's Avatar
 
Posts: 29,886
James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)James Steele makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
I'd laugh at people buying WWE DVD's too. But not in the embarrassing way but more in the "you still wanna give this fucker McMahon money?" kinda way.
If you hate pro wrestling so damn much, then why do you watch it and post on a forum about it?
James Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #37
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA
 
Kane Knight's Avatar
 
Posts: 152,467
Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSteele
If you hate pro wrestling so damn much, then why do you watch it and post on a forum about it?
He only really attacked Vince, there. You know that, right?
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #38
Rob
Part time poster
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,963
Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSteele
If you hate pro wrestling so damn much, then why do you watch it and post on a forum about it?
Okay I know you can't properly understand the English language so this will be lost on you but I'll say it for anyone else that cares.

WWE isn't pro wrestling. Aside from the God awful PPV's, there is no wrestling on the shows. This is a company that has banned the word "wrestling" from it's own TV shows. It's bad entertainment.

Wrestling marks are the fucking most stupid people I have ever seen. If you don't agree with them, you are a tool. There is this famous saying about "drinking the kool aid" and the wrestling marks (and I'm stressing the mongs that follow WWE and ROH like it's a family member) think if you don't believe what they do then you are "drinking the kool aid". If they had half a brain, they'd look at the numbers and see that they don't lie and the majority of people aren't the ones drinking anything.

I don't hate pro wrestling (although JamesSteele might be able to see into the future or something). When it's good, I enjoy it and when it's bad, I don't. Simple as that really. I am not "loyal" or a "supporter" of any promotion. I shouldn't be either. It's their job to entertain me to the point I want to pay money to see their shows and buy their products. They are doing a shitty job of it.

All the guys I like are either gone, injured or being so misused that I don't want to see them now. All the matches are the exact same thing over and over. How many times have Shelton Benjamin and Carlito wrestled each other on TV in the last 2 months? I'm bored. Right now I watch maybe 45 minutes of WWE TV a week and I caught about half of Impact last week.

I don't post bitchy comments to be bitchy. I do it because the product is so shit right now. And also to amuse myself when certain friggin marks have no concept of the real world that I feel like I'm cheating myself if I don't make light of it. Half of you can't even read. Okay you can read the actual words but half of you can't take it in. I'm sure someone like Kane Knight could explain that better than I could though.

This brings me to UFC. How come you don't see guys like CyNick here anymore? Because he is just like me. His love for wrestling has been fucking beaten down beyond belief and we found a new love - MMA. This is a sport that practically books perfect pro wrestling with next to no regular TV and yet they are pissing over WWE. How can a shoot company book better angles and characters than the biggest worked company of all time? WWE pay people to write TV and they fucking suck. UFC for example build a story about one man wanting to beat up another man and it draws What a concept~!

I look at pro wrestling right now and I swear on my daughter that I could book both WWE and TNA so much better in a heartbeat and that's without bringing in one single piece of new talent or totally changing anybody's gimmick/character.

You don't like what I'm saying? That's fine. Don't read it or don't respond to it. You want to actually read the words I say, take it all it (and not think you are smart and try that "reading between the lines" bullshit) and challenge anything I've said? Cool. I'll debate anything I've said. I'll still post what I like and when I like.

Hooooooo fucking rah!
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:51 AM   #39
Chavo Classic
The Great Pink Hope
 
Chavo Classic's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,817
Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Chavo Classic puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob
UFC for example build a story about one man wanting to beat up another man and it draws What a concept!
The thing that draws me to UFC wouldn't be the stories or the angles they've built up, but the contests themselves. I haven't watched UFC for long but I hope they don't go down the road of 'booking' matches.

As far as I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they tried to book Shamrock/Ortiz following the finale of the Ultimate Fighter and that's just wrong. If I wanted to see gimmicks and stories, I'd watch wrestling.
Chavo Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #40
Rob
Part time poster
 
Rob's Avatar
 
Posts: 22,963
Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Rob has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavo Classic
The thing that draws me to UFC wouldn't be the stories or the angles they've built up, but the contests themselves. I haven't watched UFC for long but I hope they don't go down the road of 'booking' matches.

As far as I understand, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they tried to book Shamrock/Ortiz following the finale of the Ultimate Fighter and that's just wrong. If I wanted to see gimmicks and stories, I'd watch wrestling.
That was exactly what they did. They knew they wanted to fight so they told them to coach the teams in series 3 and then they'd fight after it. And it turned into the biggest MMA PPV of all time. Not bad eh. But if you'd rather watch wrestling then crack on.

And if you think boxing doesn't do the same then open your eyes mate.
Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®