TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > sports forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #11
Altar of Helmsley
This Isn't the YMCA..
 
Posts: 206
Altar of Helmsley does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Ban Fan
It was gutting cos we didn't deserve to lose. We had controlled the game and we were cruising, then they scored twice. I think we were just knackered after the last week full of games.

The Charlton fans were silent. They call Highbury the library but honestly, The Valley is no better. I am honestly not exaggerating in the slitest when I say they sang 4 times through out the whole game.

There was a blast of "red army" when they scored the equalizer before they went back to being quiet again. Then when they went ahead there was another song, along with a chorus of "going down" and bizzarely "Deano: whats the score?" Then silence again. The only other noise was when they booed the team off at half time.

I just hope the result doesn't cause us to lose momentum. Sunderland will be a lot tougher than a lot of people think and I hope the players and fans don't get cocky because we are at our worst when we get cocky. Like when we were top of the league, needing one win to seal promotion and we were at home to Sheffield Wednesday who were deep in relegation trouble. Ended up losing 2-1.

So lets just hope we can try and rest and recharge the batteries for the next week, get Mendes, Stefanovic, O'Brien and Lua lua back from injury and then give it one final push for the last 3 games.
Thought I'd defend Charlton as im probably the only Addick on here.

Charlton fans are generally very good fans, its just that we atract the "prawn sandwich" bunch at The Valley these days.

I was at the home game against Bolton and the fans were poor i tryed to get some chants started but I was just given funny looks.

If anyone saw the game we had at Boro u wud know who our real fans are, we sang for 90 minutes, all u could hear when a Boro player touched the ball was boos.

Part of the problem might be that we always finish mid-table so theres really nothing to sing about.

Anyway. rant over.
Altar of Helmsley is offline  
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®