Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL
Like I said, you are missing the point. As well as repeating yourself over and over again. And I've read everything you've said in this thread. Nobody is clinging onto anything yet you keep repeating that point despite people pointing out over and over what it is they see in the guy. If you can't see the difference between him and the rest of guys in a similar spot, if you can't see the little things that he does well that separate him from most of the other new guys, which you've made abundantly clear that you don't, then just say so. You could have just said 'I don't see it'. As opposed to attempting to back it up/downplay everything people are saying despite it clearly flying in the face of logic. I couldn't care less about Alex Riley, about him succeeding, about WWE gaining something from his potential success so I don't 'WANT something to happen' as you put it. I (and quite a few others on here as you can see) am capable of seeing there is something to Riley that makes him stand out from the crowd, that he appears to have the tools to be a success. Even if you personally don't see anything in Riley, I'm really not seeing how you don't get at least this point yet.
|
The problem is there are always a ton of guys that "stand out" above everyone else. Speaking of flying in the face of logic. lol. If Riley happened to be the one guy that people say it about it's fine. But my "people need someone..." theory comes from the fact that most of the undercard roster is looked at as "above the rest". It's not logical.
And as far as the "I don't see it" thing. I've admitted that. I don't see it. However I've tried to gauge exactly what it is people see and no one seems to want to go further in that discussion than "Cause he's a good wrestler, good on the mic, etc..." without giving examples or anything.
No one is saying he is the next mega-star but really, that's the only way you can stick out in 3 minute NXT matches and being squashed by Cena. You can't possibly show wrestling skill with that as your job. And I really want someone to post some of these promos where he's shown to be "above the rest of the pack." As soon as someone points out to me a match where he showed that he has skills to be a superstar or a promo where he's shown that he's better than average and I either say "I don't see why that was good" or "I was wrong". It's that simple.