![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Pelvic Sorcerer
Posts: 64,762
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
They weren't stars in WCW, they were midcard guys.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Cranky Kong
Posts: 78,671
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Chris Benoit won the WCW Championship in WCW. Not quite a midcarder. Please don't say anything about David Arquette.
Jericho was on the verge of superstardom, and I will say that my favorite work from Jericho was in WCW, but he wasn't really catapulted into stardom until he jumped to the WWF. I would love to give WCW credit for seeing the potential in Jericho, but from the way he put things in his book, it just seemed like he was there and they could really care less. I would definitely say DDP and Sting were stars made by WCW. Lex Luger maybe? Oh, and we can't forget Jerry Flynn. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Posts: 61,634
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Well, Chris Benoit technically won the WCW Championship there. I could make the arguement that the work they did in WCW allowed them to successfully cross over to the WWE, but I think their entire careers sort of led to their WWE careers.
Chris Jericho is probably the one I'd make the biggest case in relation to WCW "making" him, if only because he was such a damn shining star in WCW. |
|
|
|