TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
.44 Magdalene
Smitten for Kittens
 
.44 Magdalene's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,814
.44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+).44 Magdalene puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Also, someone with the PC version and the debug code found a specific "event" coded in--listed as "After Aeris's Death", it takes you specifically to the flower-tending Aeris ghost. ...So it's not just a glitch, it was deliberately coded in, for no apparent reason.

Also, this conversation from the bridge of the Highwind, in-game:

Tifa: I wonder what Aeris felt... when she was on that Altar...
Cloud: I'm sure she wanted to give her life for the planet...
Tifa: Really? I wonder? I don't think that's it at all.
I think she didn't think she would die at all, but that she planned on
coming back all along. She always used to talk about the "Next Time".
She talked about the future more than any of us.


Seems sorta odd of Square to throw that in there if they were just being dicks. Again, probably alluding to shit that didn't make it to the final copy.
.44 Magdalene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Kane Knight
Ron Paul 4 EVA
 
Kane Knight's Avatar
 
Posts: 152,467
Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Kane Knight makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .44 Magdalene View Post
Also, someone with the PC version and the debug code found a specific "event" coded in--listed as "After Aeris's Death", it takes you specifically to the flower-tending Aeris ghost. ...So it's not just a glitch, it was deliberately coded in, for no apparent reason.

Also, this conversation from the bridge of the Highwind, in-game:

Tifa: I wonder what Aeris felt... when she was on that Altar...
Cloud: I'm sure she wanted to give her life for the planet...
Tifa: Really? I wonder? I don't think that's it at all.
I think she didn't think she would die at all, but that she planned on
coming back all along. She always used to talk about the "Next Time".
She talked about the future more than any of us.


Seems sorta odd of Square to throw that in there if they were just being dicks. Again, probably alluding to shit that didn't make it to the final copy.
Looking at some of the FAQs, it would appear there's quite a bit that indicated she wasn't supposed to stay dead, or there was to at least be an option.

Wonder what the deal is.
Kane Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®