TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 PM   #1
311
Five-Oh-Seven
 
311's Avatar
 
Posts: 763
311 is "reptacular" (2,500+)311 is "reptacular" (2,500+)311 is "reptacular" (2,500+)
Coming from someone who lives in the UK:

There is a reason for this. TNA is on free television, while WWE is on Sky Sports, which is premium. You have to pay about 50 pounds (Around 80 dollars probably) a month to just get the channel/correct sports package that RAW is on. It's not like in the US where if you get basic cable you get ESPN...you have to pay extra on TOP of what you pay for "normal cable" to get a sports package.

Edit: Also, TNA plays twice a day, sometimes more in a row on the channel it's on...I can't remember which, but I think it's UK's version of Bravo. I think you can get Smackdown on free television, but I have no idea when it's on...I've never caught it, I always watch online.

Last edited by 311; 09-01-2009 at 09:54 PM.
311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:11 AM   #2
Dave Youell
1/2 Optimist 1/2 Amazing
 
Dave Youell's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,427
Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Dave Youell puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 311 View Post
Coming from someone who lives in the UK:

There is a reason for this. TNA is on free television, while WWE is on Sky Sports, which is premium. You have to pay about 50 pounds (Around 80 dollars probably) a month to just get the channel/correct sports package that RAW is on. It's not like in the US where if you get basic cable you get ESPN...you have to pay extra on TOP of what you pay for "normal cable" to get a sports package.

Edit: Also, TNA plays twice a day, sometimes more in a row on the channel it's on...I can't remember which, but I think it's UK's version of Bravo. I think you can get Smackdown on free television, but I have no idea when it's on...I've never caught it, I always watch online.
That's not strictly true is it?

Bravo isn't a free channel. It's a channel which you have to pay to recieve as a bundle and not just on the basic one either.

E.g I have to pay an extra £5.50 per month to recieve Bravo (and other channels like Sky one for instance) now if I wanted to have Sports, I could get it for £19 extra per month, so not £50 a month, £50 a month is everything with movies etc and probably Sky + as well. So yes it is cheaper to watch TNA than WWE, but it's certainly not free.

Also, it's not shown twice in a row. Impact is debuted each week on Saturday nights, there's then a repeat later in the week, they show older episodes on Bravo 2 throughout the week, but that's not taken into consideration for theser ratings.

WWE programming gets loads more replays. Raw gets:

Monday: 2am
Thursday: 9pm
Friday: 5pm
Monday: 5pm (repeat)

--

The only WWE tv on the lower banded package is on Sky One for the WWE Experience, never catch it though.

--

So yes, it costs more to watch WWE than TNA, but if TNA were totally free, it would get even better viewing figures.

Which may happen as Sky are trying to buy the Virgin TV channels which include Bravo, and there's no way TNA and WWE will be on the same network
Dave Youell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®