TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
CWK
 
Posts: 811
CWK has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)CWK has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMN iNATOR View Post
You're right about the first half of your post, CWK. However, Bruno Sammartino back in the day was the best thing since sliced bread back in the WWWF days. I'm sure he was recognized everywhere, I mean hello, WAKE UP CALL...he was champ for almost 8 (to borrow a word from Kurt Angle) "frickin'" years...

And don't give me the old "it was more based on territories bit, either...any guy who held the belt that long surely toured every inch of the country.
You could be right about the champion touring the whole country, I think though in those days, the WWWF was based almost 100% in the northeast U.S. and mostly in the New York market. I do know that the wrestler who had the NWA title toured all over the country hitting all of the territories.
CWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #2
Seth82
OLD SCHOOL FAN
 
Seth82's Avatar
 
Posts: 13,946
Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWK View Post
You could be right about the champion touring the whole country, I think though in those days, the WWWF was based almost 100% in the northeast U.S. and mostly in the New York market. I do know that the wrestler who had the NWA title toured all over the country hitting all of the territories.
IIRC the WWWF champion occasionally made stops in other territories

I know Bob Backlund appeared as champion in Florida
Seth82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®