![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
King of Suplexes/Oxy
Posts: 18,466
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I get why they're doing this. I've grimaced more than a few times in the past couple of weeks to something TNA expects to work get completely shit on by their fans, but those are mostly stupid decisions. I mean, Hogan trashing the 6-sided ring and basically saying it caused them to fail? Yeah, I don't think that's going to go over very well with the long-term fans.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Posts: 1,209
![]()
|
FRONT FUCKING PAGE
Before tonight’s TNA iMPACT tapings began in Orlando, members of the TNA staff addressed the crowd at the iMPACT Zone about their behavior. Fans were told not to curse, make obscene gestures or gang signs. The fans were referred to as “cast members” and were basically told they needed to be quiet, according to a fan in attendance. This is likely another decision made by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, who haven’t been pleased with some of the reactions from the TNA crowd lately. Last edited by taker707; 01-18-2010 at 07:27 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
He's Here
Posts: 60,735
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Second of all. Wow. I do believe this, and it's a HUGE mistake. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Spammy Certified
Posts: 46,132
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
As over as Crystal Pepsi
Posts: 21,639
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Are you telling me that if you give people a crappy product they're going to be Vocal about it? The guy who thinks he invented getting the crowd involved doesn't get it? ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Daddy's Home
Posts: 2,967
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
"What ya gonna do, when the crowd starts chanting 'change the channel' on you?!" |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
He's Here
Posts: 60,735
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Vince used to do this at MSG. It was his home base and he would gauge the crowd reactions for what worked and who was over. Of course he ignores the fans too now, but still. I'm not saying fans should always be listened to, but when you're getting "bullshit" chants and heavy negative reactions towards angles, you need to look at what worked and what didn't and adjust it, at least to the point where you're not getting shit on by your corner stone fans. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
King of Suplexes/Oxy
Posts: 18,466
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
I totally agree. I mean, love or hate the six-sided ring, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine that the hardcore fan backlash for that is going to cause some issues. If I was someone totally new to TNA, and I watched it and saw the fans chanting "bullshit" and crapping all over things? I don't know that I'd be excited to keep watching or come back. I don't think everything has to go over crazy well, and you certainly can't FORCE someone love an idea, but when your main angle (Hogan being a face and bringing the company to the next level) and other key ideas are being unequivocally trashed by your fanbase, it may be time to alter course. This isn't like people being resistant to change, like with the ring; a lot of this is really key stuff the company is banking on. And this isn't like with WWE or a touring company where if something gets pissed on in one place, maybe it'll work out better on the next stop. TNA has to deal with pretty much the same fan-pool, and if they alienate them, they don't have many other places to turn. |
|
|
|
|