TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
Mr. Nerfect
 
Posts: 61,634
Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
Honestly I'm interested to see how NXT comes along. Decent roster at least.

Danielson better win it.
I hope that it isn't a "competition." Maybe they can have a Champion or something crowned at the end of it, but I hope the theme of the show is that it's just those guys honing their craft, developing rivalries, telling their stories, etc. The goal for them could be that they just want to each be signed to either RAW or SmackDown!, and it can be their (kayfabe) journeys towards getting there.

That way, there's less chance of Justin Angel, Heath Slater, Darren Young or Michael Tarver to get lost in the "names," and be seen as "losers" when it does come their time to ultimately end up. In fact, I wouldn't mind it if there was a guarantee that they were going to be WWE Superstars, it's just how they get there.

I like the roster here. I predicted something very much like this, except for a few different guesses. I called eight instead of nine, and I had Curt Hawkins and Dawson Alexander in there instead of Tarver, Skip Sheffield (Ryan Reeves from Tought Enough 4, by the way) and Darren Young. I figured that Tarver and Young could be in the next season, and that Sheffield could get called up on his own, as he is pretty much a "gimmick" wrestler at this point (he plays a face happy-go-lucky Texan, I believe).

I'm actually looking forward to this show. I wish they had just kept Bryan Danielson's name as is, though. It won't ruin him or anything (I mean, if his real name was "Daniel Bryan" no one would be complaining), it's just going to take some getting used to. People are already sort of used to "Desmond Wolfe."
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
Supreme Olajuwon
You know that’s right
 
Supreme Olajuwon's Avatar
 
Posts: 52,766
Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Supreme Olajuwon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I hope that it isn't a "competition." Maybe they can have a Champion or something crowned at the end of it, but I hope the theme of the show is that it's just those guys honing their craft, developing rivalries, telling their stories, etc. The goal for them could be that they just want to each be signed to either RAW or SmackDown!, and it can be their (kayfabe) journeys towards getting there.
From Wikipedia:

Unlike the competitive format seen in Tough Enough where contestants compete for a contract with WWE, NXT will instead see each of the contestants graduating to one of WWE's brands at the end of the season.
Supreme Olajuwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®