TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #1
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic
 
Funky Fly's Avatar
 
Posts: 52,521
Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Observations:

- The little changes have been a big help to me over all. I'm better with all my mains in general.

- My brother is both awesome and terrible with Cody at the same time. Like, he's generally winning the series against me whenever he's using Cody, but there are huge holes in his game compared to how I've seen him used elsewhere. Could be trouble for me.

- Deejay's sobat got nerfed a litle, but his everything else got better. Still not as good as I should be tho. Fucking hate that Guile/Vega input too. Losing out in certain spots for no good reason.

- I am gay for T. Hawk. The end.

- Dan is kinda pretty good now.

- Why are the costume packs taking so god damn long to come out?

- Still think Cammy's spiral arrow has too little recovery time.

- They weren't kidding about Seth being cheaper. If I'm not using a main, I'm dying out there maaaaan.

- Can't use Abel well against anyone who isn't my brother or the CPU.

- Bison's new Ultra is kinda random. It'd be nice if there was a way to control what side you're landing on. Booster is still good tho.

- Juri is off-putting. Do not like anything about her at all.

- Still learning Dudley. Like that he has so many target combos.

- alvarado52 has godly combos.

- more to come...
Funky Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Fignuts
Hey Mister!
 
Fignuts's Avatar
 
Posts: 54,952
Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Fly View Post
Observations:



- Can't use Abel well against anyone who isn't my brother or the CPU.
Trick is to try to stay in close to try and hit Change of direction or tornado throw. Those two moves are your bread and butter. That spinning heel kick is brilliant for the wake up game, as people never see it coming. I usually catch people with it several times a match.

Use Marsailles roll to get by fireballs without jumping, but don't spam going behind people, because you can be thrown out of it.

His anti-air throw can be hard to pull off in a flash, so I usually stick to his crouching fierce.

Love abel's new ultra btw. Can hit it off a focus attack, which is way easier than comboing into his other ultra.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
Funky Fly
The Satanic Mechanic
 
Funky Fly's Avatar
 
Posts: 52,521
Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Funky Fly makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fignuts View Post
Trick is to try to stay in close to try and hit Change of direction or tornado throw. Those two moves are your bread and butter. That spinning heel kick is brilliant for the wake up game, as people never see it coming. I usually catch people with it several times a match.

Use Marsailles roll to get by fireballs without jumping, but don't spam going behind people, because you can be thrown out of it.

His anti-air throw can be hard to pull off in a flash, so I usually stick to his crouching fierce.

Love abel's new ultra btw. Can hit it off a focus attack, which is way easier than comboing into his other ultra.
Thanks for the advice. Still wish you'd got this for 360. You were my closest rival.
Funky Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
Super V
Member
 
Super V's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,055
Super V has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Super V has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Fly View Post
Observations:

- Why are the costume packs taking so god damn long to come out?
Somethin like July for the Complete Pack. Aside from that I think they're releasin em little by little for all characters throughout June.
Super V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #5
Drakul
"Steven, your fossa!"
 
Drakul's Avatar
 
Posts: 9,603
Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Drakul has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
If anyone is interested in playing against that Diago guy, the gamertag he uses on the 360 is "gameinn" so, if you see that gamertag online, it might be worth seeing if you can take him down. He says it's actually his friends but he uses it sometimes. I think he just said that to reduce the number of friend requests he'll get.

Gonna "vent" in a long winded way. It's not angry or anything. Just venting.
SPOILER: show
Over the last 2 days, I've been playing online a lot. When I'm playing against you guys I pick a bunch of different characters and just relax. Winning/losing not being that big a deal.
When I play ranked match, I pick Zangief and try my best but it's getting really frustrating now.

When someone sees I've selected Zangief, they seem to never actually engage in a fight. Instead they do a cycle of 2 or 3 moves over and over again.
Even when I beat their chosen move, they insist on doing it again and again. Hadouken, lariet, hadouken, lariet, hadouken, lariet. If I lariet through one hadouken, what makes them think I'll not lariet through the other 99?
Akumas are always jumping backwards and throwing hadoukens down on me. Most of the time, I STILL beat them but I don't enjoy it. It's no fun playing against these people.

I don't care if they double perfect me in a ranked match if it was an actual fight but when someone gets a win by doing one thing over and over, it bugs me. I feel cheated when that happens. I could easily pull off an endless loop of german suplexes for an easy win but I don't because it's not fun for anyone. Although, I did once when some guy spammed some move or other an entire round for a win.

I know you have to keep out of Zangiefs reach but there are better ways of dealing with him. I've been on the receiving end of enough of them to know they exsist.
If people just use a cheap tactic to get through a Zangief player instead of taking them head on and learning how to deal with them in a better, more skillful way they'll never improve against him.
Cammy is my kryptonite (I can see Kalyx taking a mental note for the tournament, now.) but not as much as she was. When I first started playing SFIV online I'd lose every match against a Cammy player. Now I know how to respond to a lot of her moves and I'm able to put up more of a fight. There is still a high chance I'll lose against a Cammy but I still fight and don't spam a move to get by her. If I'd just german suplexed her constantly everytime I came across her, I'd never have gotten better against her.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play the game anymore. Why go online when there is an overwhemling chance I'll end up facing some guy that just does one or 2 moves over and over regardless of the situation? To be honest, the AI is doing it to. I was doing arcade on hardest as, I think, Balrog. In a fight with Ken, the whole match was shoryukens. He got me in the corner and would "fierce" shoryuken me over and over as soon as I got up again until I was KO'd. AI is supposed to make the game fun and challenging. It's not supposed to spam moves. It's not just Ken. Adon won't stop doing Jaguar Tooth.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 04:13 AM   #6
#BROKEN Hasney
BAY BAY
 
#BROKEN Hasney's Avatar
 
Posts: 36,524
#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#BROKEN Hasney makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
If anyone is interested in playing against that Diago guy, the gamertag he uses on the 360 is "gameinn" so, if you see that gamertag online, it might be worth seeing if you can take him down. He says it's actually his friends but he uses it sometimes. I think he just said that to reduce the number of friend requests he'll get.

Gonna "vent" in a long winded way. It's not angry or anything. Just venting.
SPOILER: show
Over the last 2 days, I've been playing online a lot. When I'm playing against you guys I pick a bunch of different characters and just relax. Winning/losing not being that big a deal.
When I play ranked match, I pick Zangief and try my best but it's getting really frustrating now.

When someone sees I've selected Zangief, they seem to never actually engage in a fight. Instead they do a cycle of 2 or 3 moves over and over again.
Even when I beat their chosen move, they insist on doing it again and again. Hadouken, lariet, hadouken, lariet, hadouken, lariet. If I lariet through one hadouken, what makes them think I'll not lariet through the other 99?
Akumas are always jumping backwards and throwing hadoukens down on me. Most of the time, I STILL beat them but I don't enjoy it. It's no fun playing against these people.

I don't care if they double perfect me in a ranked match if it was an actual fight but when someone gets a win by doing one thing over and over, it bugs me. I feel cheated when that happens. I could easily pull off an endless loop of german suplexes for an easy win but I don't because it's not fun for anyone. Although, I did once when some guy spammed some move or other an entire round for a win.

I know you have to keep out of Zangiefs reach but there are better ways of dealing with him. I've been on the receiving end of enough of them to know they exsist.
If people just use a cheap tactic to get through a Zangief player instead of taking them head on and learning how to deal with them in a better, more skillful way they'll never improve against him.
Cammy is my kryptonite (I can see Kalyx taking a mental note for the tournament, now.) but not as much as she was. When I first started playing SFIV online I'd lose every match against a Cammy player. Now I know how to respond to a lot of her moves and I'm able to put up more of a fight. There is still a high chance I'll lose against a Cammy but I still fight and don't spam a move to get by her. If I'd just german suplexed her constantly everytime I came across her, I'd never have gotten better against her.

It's getting to the point where I don't even want to play the game anymore. Why go online when there is an overwhemling chance I'll end up facing some guy that just does one or 2 moves over and over regardless of the situation? To be honest, the AI is doing it to. I was doing arcade on hardest as, I think, Balrog. In a fight with Ken, the whole match was shoryukens. He got me in the corner and would "fierce" shoryuken me over and over as soon as I got up again until I was KO'd. AI is supposed to make the game fun and challenging. It's not supposed to spam moves. It's not just Ken. Adon won't stop doing Jaguar Tooth.
I love taking those cunts down more than anything. Especially the ones who send you a message afterwards calling you a noob. So much fun angering someone over a fucking videogame
#BROKEN Hasney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®