TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Mr. Nerfect
 
Posts: 61,634
Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Randy Orton has always been great. Even his "blue chipper" stuff on SmackDown! when he debuted showed he had talent. His RNN and then Evolution run was fantastic, and really showed he could be a major star. His face turn was kind of shitty (okay -- really shitty), and the WWE had no clue what they were doing, and Orton was out of his depth. I do believe that was one of the biggest droppings of a ball I have personally witnessed as a fan.

That being said, Orton really found how to play a heel character out of that. A heel character that could translate to a babyface so naturally. Orton is still the same guy, but people cheer him so naturally now. He's really had it mastered.

That being said, I agree with all the criticisms, too. I found his promos quite boring, and I found his ring work often quite tedious. Not technically bad, but I'll be honest -- I have skipped over more than a few of his matches, because I just didn't care. However, when Orton is working with a villain you care about, he is great. CM Punk and Christian have both proven that.

Since his SmackDown! move, I have really loved his promos, too. They sound...threatening. More so than they were before. When Orton was losing his shit with Christian on SmackDown!, and pretty much threatened Christian's life, I almost got chills. It helps that Christian finds just the right notes to strike. Technically, Christian has a point with everything he says -- but he's become so wormy that you can understand booing him.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®