TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
CSL
Over Like Rover
 
CSL's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,444
CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
please tell me why you 'detest' the word kayfabe
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
captaincharismark
reeking of awesomeness
 
Posts: 447
captaincharismark does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL View Post
please tell me why you 'detest' the word kayfabe
B/c it's a word that gets thrown around alot by wrestling fans. Fans often talk like they have some insider knowledge on wrestling, when really all we do is speculate with the info we have.
captaincharismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 AM   #3
CSL
Over Like Rover
 
CSL's Avatar
 
Posts: 38,444
CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)CSL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincharismark View Post
B/c it's a word that gets thrown around alot by wrestling fans. Fans often talk like they have some insider knowledge on wrestling, when really all we do is speculate with the info we have.
But you yourself have spoken about 'psychology' and guys that can 'improv' and 'being innovative' in previous posts in this very thread.
CSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
captaincharismark
reeking of awesomeness
 
Posts: 447
captaincharismark does not have that much rep yet (10+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSL View Post
But you yourself have spoken about 'psychology' and guys that can 'improv' and 'being innovative' in previous posts in this very thread.
Yeah, I have, but I don't try to state my knowledge on wrestling as a fact. Basically, the info I've heard from the wrestlers themselves is what I use when discussing topics. Often here, ppl think they know more than actual wrestling insiders, which is laughable to me. Especially when saying something seems "legitimate" or in kayfabe. Personally, it's serves as an irritation to me....
captaincharismark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
Jordan
It's a blood match!
 
Jordan's Avatar
 
Posts: 27,385
Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincharismark View Post
Yeah, I have, but I don't try to state my knowledge on wrestling as a fact. Basically, the info I've heard from the wrestlers themselves is what I use when discussing topics. Often here, ppl think they know more than actual wrestling insiders, which is laughable to me. Especially when saying something seems "legitimate" or in kayfabe. Personally, it's serves as an irritation to me....
There are facts dude, FACT Hogan and Flair ruled in the 80's and were awesome.

Tell me that's not a fact and I swear we got a fisticuffs match on our hands
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:13 AM   #6
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong
 
Anybody Thrilla's Avatar
 
Posts: 78,671
Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincharismark View Post
Yeah, I have, but I don't try to state my knowledge on wrestling as a fact. Basically, the info I've heard from the wrestlers themselves is what I use when discussing topics. Often here, ppl think they know more than actual wrestling insiders, which is laughable to me. Especially when saying something seems "legitimate" or in kayfabe. Personally, it's serves as an irritation to me....
See, I view 'kayfabe' as the plane in which everything in wrestling is to be accepted as 'real'. If someone has a kayfabe strategy, it may be something along the lines of 'my opponent injured his knee in a match last week, so I will gear my offense towards that injured knee'. That same person's REAL motivation would be more along the lines of 'I would like to have an entertaining match with my opponent tonight, and I hope we hit all of our spots'.

All of my references in this thread to Ziggler's 'strategy' in matches were based on the kayfabe version that I have just explained here. I wouldn't ever claim to know how much of any of it was ACTUALLY planned step-by-step or whatever, though.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®