TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > sports forum

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2004, 04:42 PM   #13
Loose Cannon
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondermouse
As much as I love Bill James, I think he overrates Craig Biggio. I think Biggio was a wonderful player and deserver to be in the Hall, though.

I don't know about Joe Jackson in the hall. Maybe. Eddie Cicote deserves it more.

BTW, LC, www.baseballthinkfactory.org
No way, I have Jackson on my top 30 for sure. He was incredible. He could hit, throw and had speed. He hit .408 in his first full season and never hit below .300 in one full season. How many guys can test to that? His SLG AND OBP are even more of a sight to behold. His last full season he hit .382, so you know he was going to have more great seasons had he not been thrown out of the game.

Cicote is a tough call as he was good, but not great He had two 20 win seasons in a row before he was canned, so maybe he would of had some more great seasons. But there is no chance of him going in cause he actually threw some games.


Cool site and it's good to know there is someone else here that knows his sh** about the history of baseball.
 
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®