TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

View Poll Results: Who would you build your company around?
a "Kevin Nash" 23 44.23%
a "Daniel Bryan" 21 40.38%
meh/ don't care either way 8 15.38%
Voters: 52. You must log in or register to vote on this poll.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Gertner
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathtotheSwiss View Post
I agree. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy him wrestling main-eventers on RAW and Smackdown in the occasional "main-event". I do think, at this time and maybe for all time, it's premature to think he could carry entire pay-per-views.

I wonder if I my views on Bryan have changed at all. I remember enjoying him during his angry "gimmick" that got him suspended from the WWE for a while and I thought his comeback was good if a little stale after five minutes. I definitely think his current gimmick has legs though.
A comparison to Daniel Bryan would be DDP : a good transitional champion, somebody you could plug in as a safe bet but should never be the focus of the brand, or a long term champion. Unfortunately, outside of John Cena, Randy Orton and maybe Sheamus, there really isn't a "Franchise Player". I
didn't overlook CM Punk is that equation. He's not a Franchise Player, and I don't believe he will be.
I do enjoy CM Punk, I just take him for what he is : a guy thrust into long-term main event status because there really isn't anybody else, and it benefits the company more having Cena chase the title instead of holding it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #2
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate
 
Swiss Ultimate's Avatar
 
Posts: 42,694
Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertner View Post
A comparison to Daniel Bryan would be DDP : a good transitional champion, somebody you could plug in as a safe bet but should never be the focus of the brand, or a long term champion. Unfortunately, outside of John Cena, Randy Orton and maybe Sheamus, there really isn't a "Franchise Player". I
didn't overlook CM Punk is that equation. He's not a Franchise Player, and I don't believe he will be.
I do enjoy CM Punk, I just take him for what he is : a guy thrust into long-term main event status because there really isn't anybody else, and it benefits the company more having Cena chase the title instead of holding it.
This actually hurts my heart to read this. I feel this is incredibly unfair to DDP who was so crazy over during his "People's Champ" run in WCW that I think he should have had a long championship run to cash in on his popularity. Not to mention he was great on the mic. Bryan has never been as fun on the mic' or as good with ring psychology as DDP in my opinion either...it really saddens me that we're not on the same page as far as DDP goes.
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®