![]() |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Posts: 6,269
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
But who is worthy enough to beat the Undertaker? Unless it's going to be the next Rock then I think the streak should remain as is. I honestly don't see John Cena, C.M. Punk or Randy Orton as being as big as they are in ten years. They are in *right now* but what about in the future? I think if they were going to be icons, they'd be there by now. Guys like Hogan, Rock, and Austin are household names. i.e. Plenty of non-wrestling fans know who they are, and only that kind of a wrestler should beat the Undertaker. WWE just needs to find a young wrestler who will one day be in the same league as Hulk Hogan.
I'd say Brock Lesnar is the *only* guy even a little bit close enough to be that guy because of his MMA background and he'd be the only man I'd be alright with ending the streak. I also still think it's time for Undertaker to retire. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
Resident drug enabler
Posts: 45,473
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Cena is the "icon" of this era. There's no reason why he shouldn't get a win over Taker at WrestleMania at some point and accomplish the impossible. The streak will always be a big deal and a huge part of the history of WWE and Taker's "seemingly unmatchable feet" regardless of whether it ends or doesn't. There's no reason not to use it to give the guy who carried your company on his back for 10 years that monumental win that forces him into the upper echelon. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
RIP SABU
Posts: 35,585
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Resident drug enabler
Posts: 45,473
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
Resident drug enabler
Posts: 45,473
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
is for sale
Posts: 829
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Agree wholeheartedly. It would be nice to see Cena get his signature moment for all the hard work he's put in.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
RIP SABU
Posts: 35,585
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Posts: 6,269
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
(Which means he does his job well.)The only two young guys I'd be comfortable seeing Undertaker job to would be (again) Lesnar because I've always been a mark for big guys, or Randy Orton just because I truly believe he can go very far in the business and he is the legend-killer and there is no bigger legend in the business today then the Underaker. If Orton could "kill" the Undertaker (i.e. retire him) Orton's status as a legend-killer and a heel would be huge. |
|
|
|
|