TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

View Poll Results: Who will walk out of the Royal Rumble as WWE Champion?
CM Punk 19 41.30%
The Rock 24 52.17%
Dolph Ziggler 3 6.52%
Other (please specify in thread) 0 0%
Voters: 46. You must log in or register to vote on this poll.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
Shadrick
The black Corey Graves
 
Shadrick's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,602
Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Shadrick has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Seriously who else is built up enough to dethrone Punk? If not Rock, then who?

Rock getting the title put on him for the Road makes perfect sense from a transitional standpoint. He'll drop the belt at Mania to.....Cena. Or he'll drop it the following night after something epic.

From a business standpoint it makes sense. From a "mark" standpoint, theres this interesting stigma surrounding Rocks part time schedule. I think the "A guy who has wrestled 2 times in 10 years shouldn't be champion" really comes from a perspective of pure fandom and theres nothing wrong with that per se. In the moment, sure you might not be a fan, but in the long term, WWE has not built anyone up enough to make Punk losing the title to them a big situation; no star is to be made because of it now. And thats not on Rock, thats on creative.

I don't know, I guess I just think its interesting that whenever a match is over, a title change occurs, whatever, all of a sudden people rule it is a terrible move when, from a long term perspective, we truthfully have no idea where its going or what it will lead to, especially with this being the BEGINNING of the Road. Punk has done all he can do this run. Face/Heel. He's beaten everybody but Dwayne and I suspect he will do it again at the Rumble, then drop it at Elimination Chamber.

I don't think Rock winning at the Rumble is the "entertaining" move because its predictable, which is why I think he wins it at EC. But then again, maybe I'm putting too much stock in WWE actually doing some epic shit with their storylines this year. They built up Cena/Rock so much, and played so much into Cena HAVING to win that after he lost....NOTHING HAPPENED. No change in character. No downward spiral. No tweener status. It was like it didn't even happen.

So I guess we'll see. /Noid.
Shadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®