TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Hitman84
 
Hitman84's Avatar
 
Posts: 405
Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
A Swiss language doesn't really exist as such.

Romansh is one of the languages of Switzerland and is actually native to it. So I guess when people mention Swiss, they're kind of meaning Romansh.
When Cesaro has spoken 'Swiss' on TV, he's actually been speaking Swiitzertüütsch, the Swiss variation of German, which I don't speak, hence not using it in my original post. Even that is different in each part of Switzerland. The dialect in Luzern, where Cesaro is from, is different from that in Basel or Zürich...

Back to the wrestling, though, I just love that he is a purist. His part in this weeks Gauntlet Match with Daniel Bryan was epic... I really thought they played well off each other.

I don't see the point in having him in the angle he is in right now. Rather than being in a US supremist stable, even that is better for him than yodelling, I would rather see him play up his European roots... like, when he was United States Champion it would have been much better, I feel, to have him 'replace' it with the European title à la Lance Storm renaming the WCW US title the Canadian title.

I agree they need to have him in better mid- to upper mid-card angles to get him over more as he is amazing in the ring and the heat he gets when he uses a language other than English is brilliant... they could do so much more with him than they are to get him over. When it was just Swagger and Coulter, the US supremist angle was quite believable but in my view, having a European immigrant be part of the 'Real Americans' stable makes the angle, and Cesaro along with it, laughable.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #2
Cool King
King K Cool
 
Cool King's Avatar
 
Posts: 28,472
Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman84 View Post
I just love that he is a purist. His part in this weeks Gauntlet Match with Daniel Bryan was epic... I really thought they played well off each other.

I don't see the point in having him in the angle he is in right now. Rather than being in a US supremist stable, even that is better for him than yodelling, I would rather see him play up his European roots... like, when he was United States Champion it would have been much better, I feel, to have him 'replace' it with the European title à la Lance Storm renaming the WCW US title the Canadian title.

I agree they need to have him in better mid- to upper mid-card angles to get him over more as he is amazing in the ring and the heat he gets when he uses a language other than English is brilliant... they could do so much more with him than they are to get him over. When it was just Swagger and Coulter, the US supremist angle was quite believable but in my view, having a European immigrant be part of the 'Real Americans' stable makes the angle, and Cesaro along with it, laughable.
Anything is better than yodelling. I hated that they had him doing that, but I get the feeling it was test to see if he would do what he's asked or some crap like that.

But thankfully, the yodelling has stopped. I did think and kind of hoped to see him bring back the European Championship. If he did that, I would have loved it. I too don't quite get the whole "Real Americans" thing either but I do like the pairing of Swagger and Cesaro, but that's maybe because I like both guys quite a lot.

Think of it this way though, at least he isn't yodelling.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #3
Hitman84
 
Hitman84's Avatar
 
Posts: 405
Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Hitman84 has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Team Swagger and Cesaro up, great, just not in this angle. I'll get over it soon! Hehe.

How do we think Cesaro would do as a face? How could they turn him and get him over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool King View Post
Think of it this way though, at least he isn't yodelling.
Yes, no more yodelling, praise the lord.
Hitman84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®