TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 02:19 AM   #1
KIRA
Celestia's Left Hand
 
KIRA's Avatar
 
Posts: 17,359
KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)KIRA makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
I don't understand why they went with the racial tones. Again I'll bring up my disdain for the Reid Flair stuff on Monday. I think it comes off as low v brow. Gotta remember though, this was what 2003, they were coming off the horrific writing of The Attitude Era, so they probably thought it was edgy.

Still, I don't think that justifies putting Booker over Hunter. I just think the writers and Vince had a lapse in judgement as to how to get over the feud. Likely had something to do with Book being inferior to Hunter and WWE feeling they needed to do something extreme to get people behind Booker.
People were behind Booker long before they decided to go the to the racial thing all that did was make the conclusion to their feud that much more illogical.

You asked how highly we rate Booker t I seriously don't think Batista is or was as great as you think. On the mic he's still pretty average(his last go round was actually kinda terrible) you said him blowing up in Hollywood is all him no it isn't Leviathan from OVW wouldn't have gotten the call to be Drax the destroyer Batista from the WWE however... He isn't The Rock(who oozes charisma like crazy) I used DB as an example earlier because while he isn't strong on the mic he actually does have A weird charisma that connects with people. I don't recall Batista's following being especially strong. Was he over sure, but I wouldn't rate him too far up. Nothing sticks out about him in the ring either now that I think about it. all that said Kanyetista was amazing. This last time his clothes were the most interesting and over thing about him (I'm not even joking)
KIRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again
 
The CyNick's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,922
The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRA View Post
People were behind Booker long before they decided to go the to the racial thing all that did was make the conclusion to their feud that much more illogical.

You asked how highly we rate Booker t I seriously don't think Batista is or was as great as you think. On the mic he's still pretty average(his last go round was actually kinda terrible) you said him blowing up in Hollywood is all him no it isn't Leviathan from OVW wouldn't have gotten the call to be Drax the destroyer Batista from the WWE however... He isn't The Rock(who oozes charisma like crazy) I used DB as an example earlier because while he isn't strong on the mic he actually does have A weird charisma that connects with people. I don't recall Batista's following being especially strong. Was he over sure, but I wouldn't rate him too far up. Nothing sticks out about him in the ring either now that I think about it. all that said Kanyetista was amazing. This last time his clothes were the most interesting and over thing about him (I'm not even joking)
Watch the set up for Mania and let me know if you think he was over.

I can't really argue the Booker v Batista point, it's a matter of opinion. To me, if I saw Booker T and Batista walk into a room and was told I could only pick one to headline fir the next several years, I would pick Bats every day of the week. He looks like a larger than life badass. Booker looks like a pro wrestler. Even though I think Booker is entertaining and is really good at what he does. I just don't think he screams headliner.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:17 AM   #3
Big Vic
( ._.)
 
Big Vic's Avatar
 
Posts: 14,444
Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
I can't really argue the Booker v Batista point, it's a matter of opinion. To me, if I saw Booker T and Batista walk into a room and was told I could only pick one to headline fir the next several years, I would pick Bats every day of the week.
Racist
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®