![]() |
|
|||||||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 | |
|
President of Freedonia
Posts: 58,383
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
That's not the fault of the part timers. I'd take the spot too if offered to me. But that doesn't excuse WWE for being shit at making their full time talent credible enough to headline the biggest show of the year. I absolutely love that rotation idea by the way, if such a thing were feasible I'd be all for it. The guys and gals on the road all year get beat to shit, giving them any sort of a built in break would be good by me. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
boop/bop/beep
Posts: 38,453
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I mean that's nice and all but I'm talking about entertainment value and not thinking about it like I'm in the "know". I don't take into account guys "being beaten to shit" I care about having to see the same guys do the same thing wrestling the same guys week after week.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
President of Freedonia
Posts: 58,383
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
You do Mania, then the Raw and SmackDown ever as a teaser for the next "season". Announce a few call ups as they normally do around that time, lay the groundwork for possible programs, etc. Then take two months off or so. Maybe run some original Network content in the interim, do a draft special since drafts should happen in the offseason, etc. Maybe give NXT a bigger focus during the offseason or run one of those tourneys they've been doing. Then come back and everyone's gotten a breather, both the talent and the fans. I know that would never happen in a billion years because it'd lead to a loss in terms of ticket sales and losing 2 months of TV revenue, but fuck - that'd be such a nice breath of fresh air instead of just going right to the next PPV with the same programs that were featured at Mania. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
Make the IWC Great Again
Posts: 8,922
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
boop/bop/beep
Posts: 38,453
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Make the IWC Great Again
Posts: 8,922
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 | |
|
Amazon Affiliate
Posts: 42,694
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Who is the next part time headliner? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
I am the cheese
Posts: 51,639
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
This. You also have to look at why the part timers are needed. And dont kid yourself: they are needed. The current crop can tell fabulous stories between the bells but they are not translating to new eyeballs. It's like the baby boomer leaving the job market. If no one replaces them you're going to have a talent vacuum.
|
|
|
|