TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2017, 04:31 PM   #1
Stickman
Stickman
 
Stickman's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,119
Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Stickman has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner View Post
WWWF/WWF owns all their own footage. They just choose not to upload.
There probably are other reasons. I have also read that they have to burn it, remaster it, touch up things, I'm sure there's issues in regards to cloud storage or whatever, however it works. Anything with a song that they don't have rights to they need to change. They need to pay royalties to every performer or their families if I'm not mistaken.

Alls I'm saying is I don't think they are against putting up old footage, but there's more to it than just plug and play.
Stickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster
 
Bad News Gertner's Avatar
 
Posts: 57,079
Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
There probably are other reasons. I have also read that they have to burn it, remaster it, touch up things, I'm sure there's issues in regards to cloud storage or whatever, however it works. Anything with a song that they don't have rights to they need to change. They need to pay royalties to every performer or their families if I'm not mistaken.

Alls I'm saying is I don't think they are against putting up old footage, but there's more to it than just plug and play.
It's 1980 so there's no music. The footage is pretty clear and I don't think performers get royalties off the Network if I'm not mistaken and if there is, it's minimal.
There's really no excuse.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®