![]() |
|
|||||||
|
|
Thread Tools | Display Modes |
|
|
|
|
#1 |
|
Clutch Poster
Posts: 11,997
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
You have know idea how fucked the Mets would be in 2008 if they picked up Manny's contract. There is no reason to trade away your future for a quick-fix. Why do the Mets need to win in 2005?
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
President of Freedonia
Posts: 58,383
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Well, it's not so much about 2005, IMO.....I'm thinking to next year when Floyd and Cameron will still be under contract and Milledge likely won't be up before September unless there are a ton of injuries.....I won't mind Floyd but I personally can't stand Cameron.....Victor Diaz COULD be used in RF but Mets management seem to wanting to convert him to a 1st baseman.....plus when Piazza likely goes that'll be one less bat in the lineup Ehh after thinking about it for awhile, if the Mets are certain they can get a big bat in either the OF, 1B, or 2B....then they can probably do without Manny......yet if they can get the Sox to cover some of Manny's contract then it'll probably be a good move Ehhh whatever....this confusion is why I'm not the GM.....I have faith that Omar will make the right move and will support his decision. |
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
WTF do you want?
Posts: 14,760
![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Does that mean it wont happen, of course not, but I wouldn't count on that. |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 | |
|
President of Freedonia
Posts: 58,383
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
Anyways, I have decided that.....regardless of whether the Mets get Manny or not, the one thing I want done before the deadline is getting Mike Cameron off the team.....he had yet another 3-strikeout game today, and at this point I'd be willing to sell him for anyone (or anything, for that matter)....I know Cameron has ALWAYS had a history of K'ing too much, but it's getting ridiculous. I'd much rather have Diaz up and playing everyday, regardless of how big a defensive liability he is (since he will be no matter where you put him anyway) |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 | |
|
WTF do you want?
Posts: 14,760
![]() ![]()
|
Quote:
I threw something at them. Cameron is strictly a body till the end of the season then the Sox let him go. |
|
|
|