TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > entertainment forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #11
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dune- N/a

Dropped it for now. Just too slow paced for my mood as of late. None of the characters seem particularly interesting. I'll give it another chance at a later time.

Was still in the mood for some Sci-fi though, so:

Star Wars Darth Bane: Path of Destruction- 8/10

When it comes to Star Wars, I've always felt that the one-shots and trilogies are the best offerings. Stuff like New Jedi Order and Legacy of the Jedi drags on too long, plus the constant shifting of authors, and subsequently the writing style, can be distracting, and take you out of the story.

This book is the first part of a trilogy. I'd always been intrigued by Darth Bane. You see his name mentioned here and there. Even in the Episode I novel, which means he's official canon. But this is the first time anyone has delved this deep into who he is.

The story tells Bane's origins, and how he became a sith lord and created the rule of two. Bane is a great character, and his transformation is well done. My only problem is that it's a tad too short. There are some other characters that I would have liked too see fleshed out a bit more, given a larger page count.

Overall I enjoyed it, and reccomend it to any star wars fans. Will be starting the second book soon.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote