TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #121
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post
I'm not a big Young Bucks fan, I don't think most people here are big Young Bucks fan. I just find it hilarious in a way, that Vastardikai takes all these little pot shots at AEW on here from time to time and then goes and posts something comparing Bron Breaker to Goldberg. It's too funny to me.

If Bron Breaker was in AEW he'd just be labeled another 'indy darling' and 'vanilla midget'. Guaranteed. But since he's in WWE you get people, like Vastardikai, who instantly think he is so much larger than he actually is. It's a such a bizarre e-drone mentality.
I don’t agree with this at all. I find guys look smaller when they go to the WWE.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:31 PM   #122
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I probably ranted too much about this when I was tired last night, so apologies to DrA and Vastardikai if I seemed rude. I'll probably have a totally different opinion on what I was talking about in six months because that's just how I am.

Cheers!
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:12 AM   #123
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I don’t agree with this at all. I find guys look smaller when they go to the WWE.
A good example is Cesaro, who is slightly smaller (shorter and leaner) than Sheamus and Cena. In Chikara, he looked like a Man amongst boys, where he was either A. taller than everyone, B. more muscular than everyone, or C. Both.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:04 AM   #124
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
There are a few things to note: 1. I was not comparing Bronn Breaker to Goldberg. I said that A. Goldberg has more than the 2 moves everyone bitched about. He actually had more. and B. One of those moves Goldberg did is the move Breaker is currently using as a finish.

2. While I don't necessarily agree with all of his terminology, Destor kind of explained my point a bit better than I did.

3. There are multiple schools of thought as to what is Professional Wrestling. At it's most successful, The school used was primarily "Wrestling as Morality Play." "Wrestling as a Sport" is a close second. "Wrestling as a Comedy routine" or "Wrestling as an Athletic Exhibition" are a bit more niche presentations.

I have said this before, and I am not in the minority here. I do want to see folks who I believe can whip my ass in a fight. It's not a hard and fast thing. I respect what the Miz does, as he fills his role to perfection. He is obnoxious and you want to punch him in the face. But he doesn't try to be cool and he isn't winking at the crowd while he's doing what he does. The occasional athletic exhibition can be really fun. But it has to be occasional. Ricochet doing his tumbling routine with Ospreay that one time, I don't care for it, but I understand what is going on. Ricochet doing his tumbling routine with Cesaro, ok I buy that because Cesaro is an atheletic freak. Ricochet doing his tumbling routine with the Viking, he can fuck right off. In order for that whole routine to work, he has to establish that there are people who can't keep up with him. The Viking, as agile as he is, should be able to keep up with him. He should be trying to blast him out of the sky or getting winded trying.

I'm tired of "work rate" circle jerks. It's just a different version of the John Laurinitis paradox. If everyone's a giant, no one's a giant. (we actually agree on this). If everyone's a phenomenal wrestler, no one's a phenomenal wrestler. I don't want just different sized dudes having the same kind of match. I want different sized dudes doing different things. For a long time, NXT was too into the "smaller" work rate guys with minimal personality. And now we are seeing the more personality based guys that look like they have spent time in the weight room.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #125
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastardikai View Post
There are a few things to note: 1. I was not comparing Bronn Breaker to Goldberg. I said that A. Goldberg has more than the 2 moves everyone bitched about. He actually had more. and B. One of those moves Goldberg did is the move Breaker is currently using as a finish.

2. While I don't necessarily agree with all of his terminology, Destor kind of explained my point a bit better than I did.

3. There are multiple schools of thought as to what is Professional Wrestling. At it's most successful, The school used was primarily "Wrestling as Morality Play." "Wrestling as a Sport" is a close second. "Wrestling as a Comedy routine" or "Wrestling as an Athletic Exhibition" are a bit more niche presentations.

I have said this before, and I am not in the minority here. I do want to see folks who I believe can whip my ass in a fight. It's not a hard and fast thing. I respect what the Miz does, as he fills his role to perfection. He is obnoxious and you want to punch him in the face. But he doesn't try to be cool and he isn't winking at the crowd while he's doing what he does. The occasional athletic exhibition can be really fun. But it has to be occasional. Ricochet doing his tumbling routine with Ospreay that one time, I don't care for it, but I understand what is going on. Ricochet doing his tumbling routine with Cesaro, ok I buy that because Cesaro is an atheletic freak. Ricochet doing his tumbling routine with the Viking, he can fuck right off. In order for that whole routine to work, he has to establish that there are people who can't keep up with him. The Viking, as agile as he is, should be able to keep up with him. He should be trying to blast him out of the sky or getting winded trying.

I'm tired of "work rate" circle jerks. It's just a different version of the John Laurinitis paradox. If everyone's a giant, no one's a giant. (we actually agree on this). If everyone's a phenomenal wrestler, no one's a phenomenal wrestler. I don't want just different sized dudes having the same kind of match. I want different sized dudes doing different things. For a long time, NXT was too into the "smaller" work rate guys with minimal personality. And now we are seeing the more personality based guys that look like they have spent time in the weight room.
Fantastic fucking post.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #126
Mr. Nerfect

The whole goal of what this is supposed to be has changed.