TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 08-04-2018, 10:10 AM   #2121
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I really doubt FOX would have entered a deal with WWE not knowing they were getting a B-show on Friday nights. I don't know why they'd gamble with the promise of a product the WWE just does not produce and has not produced in a number of years. I'm not TV contracts guy, but I imagine the deal is pretty set in stone with the out clause being if SmackDown performs woefully bad. I imagine it would have to be something out of the television norm. So ratings going down 10% is probably not going to affect them. Going down 20%? I can't imagine why FOX wouldn't have something built in to cut bait if SmackDown suddenly becomes poison property.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #2122
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by NOTHING:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
Raw last night, built around Ronda Rousey's show in-ring debut, did 2.80 million viewers, down three percent from last week, although last week was the best number since April 30 ...

Rousey kept the third-hour drop to be much lower than usual, only 126,000 viewers. Last week's third-hour drop was 197,000 viewers from hour two, and that was better than usual. If there was a Rousey effect notable, it was that women 18-49 grew five percent during a period it usually falls. However, the heavy-women emphasized third hour, with the final two bouts being women's matches, saw the men's 18-49 demo drop six percent from hour two to three, a demo that usually holds steadier.

Rousey's first match did not crack the Google search rankings, so it didn't have the mainstream buzz what would lead to unusually good numbers.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.83 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.85 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.73 million viewers
Quote:
PWinsider reported that Hogan, who lives in Florida, is backstage at SmackDown in Orlando tonight. They noted that Mae Young Classic participant Kaitlyn is also backstage
Link: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...o-are.html?p=1

Quote:
Madison Rayne and Mia Yim were interviewed by TVInsider ahead of the Mae Young Classic. Rayne spoke about wanting to be signed by WWE after the tournament: “That’s 100 percent my hope. That’s 100 percent my goal. That’s what I’m training for and mentally preparing myself for because I think if you don’t go into something like this prepared to make it to the finals and to win the finals and watch your career take off in an entirely new direction, then you're short-changing yourself.”
Link: https://www.tvinsider.com/707008/ash...-wwe-contract/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/PWI/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
Michael Elgin tweeted an update on his bicep injury and noted that no serious damage was found: “Update - no tear in the bicep. Some scratches to the muscle and bruising/injury to the bicep head. A couple weeks of light pulling movements (but I just trained back and a few sets of biceps so it's good to go) well ok, it was painful. But no servere damage”

MLW announced that John Hennigan, Tommy Dreamer, Shane Strickland, Kotto Brazil & Barrington Hughes will face Sami Callihan, Jimmy Havoc, Leon Scott, Sawyer Fulton & a partner that has yet to be announced in a War Games match at their show in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on September 6.

ROH announced that they’ll be coming to Stage AE in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania on November 3 for a set of TV tapings. Survival of the Fittest 2018 will then take place in Columbus, Ohio on November 4. The winner will earn a future shot at the ROH World Championship.

PCW has an iPPV on 9/7 with Tessa Blanchard vs. Diamante. Blanchard will be auctioning off her Slammiversary ring jacket. Warbeast vs. Reno Scum was also announced

Week two ratings for World of Sport do not look good. The preliminary number for yesterday's show was 609,000 viewers, down 34 percent from last week. The reality is they didn't have anything that compelled people to return, and since the show reached an older age group, they were likely watching due to nostalgia, which never holds up long-term. The final number will probably rise slightly, but this could not have been a worse sign.

Northeast Wrestling is bringing in Ultimo Guerrero to face Flip Gordon on its 8/11 show in Bethany, CT. JT Dunn, Brian Milonas, Brad Hollister and Robbie E are also on the show.

Eve has a double main event no 8/11 in London at the Resistance Gallery at Bethnal Green with Kay Lee Ray vs. Viper.

Based on the announced lineup of the "All In" event thus far, it would appear Kenny Omega vs. Pentagon Jr. is the next headline bout to be announced. At one point in the planning of the event, Omega vs. Rey Mysterio was on the drawing board.

FITE TV will be carrying “Joey Janela’s Lost in New York”, which is being put on by Game Changer Wrestling over SummerSlam weekend. The event will cost $13.99 on FITE and will likely feature Matt Riddle’s final independent match for the foreseeable future.

The Crash has announced that women’s champion Tessa Blanchard will return on September 8th for a card in Tijuana.
Elgin: https://twitter.com/MichaelElgin25/s...25223683510272 , ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ro...umbus-november

Quote:
New Japan has taken disciplinary action against Tama Tonga following what they are calling 'inappropriate conduct'.

NJPW’s official English site released a statement this morning saying “NJPW takes actions taken by our wrestlers seriously. In light of recent inappropriate conduct by Tama Tonga including SNS usage, the company has decided to take disciplinary actions against said wrestlers, and will issue updated guidelines to all wrestlers.”

Tama Tonga has been making waves on social media, specifically Twitter, since splitting from the Bullet Club and forming his own faction with the Guerillas of Destiny and Bad Luck Fale, including trading barbs with the likes of Roman Reigns. He was recently suspended from the service for a short period of time. Reasons for the suspension were not made clear, but tweets insulting fans using profane language have since been deleted. There was also an incident on a recent G1 card where he grabbed a fan by the throat after a match.

His most recent tweet was a video posted on August 5 where he was shown littering in a public area.
Link: https://www.njpw1972.com/33832

Quote:
There was a lot of talk regarding an incident at the Revolution Pro show at the Cockpit in London today[Sunday]. Kurtis Chapman wrestled Chris Ridgeway. Sam Adonis came out and made a number of homophobic slurs, the f word, the h word and also used slurs directed at mentally disabled. The crowd was upset, with a large section turning their back on him and chanting "Don't bring him back." It hurt the crowd until the main event. Promoter Andy Quildan seemed upset and offered an apology before the main event started saying that everyone was welcome at RevPro.
For some reference, Sam Adonis is Corey Graves brother. Since the incident, Graves hasn't commented on this or his thoughts on what occurred at the event.

Quote:
With his time as an independent wrestler soon coming to an end, Matt Riddle lost the EVOLVE Championship at the 2300 Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on Saturday.

Shane Strickland defeated Riddle in a hardcore rules match at EVOLVE 108 to win the title. The story of the match was that Riddle refused to give up despite Strickland working over his left arm and repeatedly hiting double stomps, including one that was off a ladder and through a table while Riddle was hung on the ladder. Strickland eventually won with his JML Driver finisher.

This was the third time Riddle and Strickland have faced off in EVOLVE this year, with their previous matches ending in a no contest and a disqualification.

WWN confirmed last month that Riddle would be on all of EVOLVE's August shows and that he would be adding more dates if he was still champion after that. The company has EVOLVE 109 in Melrose, Massachusetts today, EVOLVE 110 in Cicero, Illinois on August 11, and EVOLVE 111 in Livonia, Michigan on August 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former EVOLVE Champion Matt Riddle, who is expected to debut with WWE at the Takeover: Brooklyn event, suffered an injury during his hardcore match against Shane Strickland over the weekend in Philadelphia, PA.

According to an Instagram post made by Riddle's wife (which included a nasty photo of the injury), the former UFC fighter had the skin ripped off the tip of his finger due a deep cut suffered during a spot with a chair in the match ...

Riddle, who dropped the EVOLVE title in that bout, wrestled the next day against Austin Theory in Melrose, MA but has been pulled from some independent bookings since the injury.
Link: https://instagram.com/riddleolymom/?utm_source=ig_embed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In its breakdown of the August Collections added on WWE Network, the WWE website revealed that the Hardys and Stephanie McMahon will be getting their own Collections in September.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE World Champion Dave Bautista continued to speak out against the Disney firing of Guardians of the Galaxy Director and Writer James Gunn. In an interview with Shortlist.com, Bautista went as far as to explain he was willing to walk away from the film, which he is contracted to do, if Disney drops the existing script.

“Nobody’s defending his tweets, but this was a smear campaign on a good man,” Bautista explained, “I spoke to Chris Pratt the day after it happened and he’s a bit religious so he wanted time to pray and figure it out, but I was more like: f*** this. This is bulls***. James is one of the kindest, most decent people I’ve met.”

On where he stands on Guardians Vol 3., the scheduled sequel that is slated to be released in 2020, Bautista was adamant that he wanted Gunn's existing script to be used for the film. If not....

“Where I’m at right now is that if [Marvel] don’t use that script, then I’m going to ask them to release me from my contract, cut me out or recast me. I’d be doing James a disservice if I didn’t.”

Bautista also noted that he didn't believe the letter the Guardians cast released last week in support of Gunn would get Disney to reverse their decision, but would shed light on Gunn's character as a person.
Link: https://www.shortlist.com/entertainm...twitter/368730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
This year’s SummerSlam event will feature the kickoff show beginning at 5 pm Eastern from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn and the main show beginning at 7 pm. The TakeOver card the night prior will have a one-hour pre-show at 6 pm followed by the main card at 7 pm.
Quote:
John Cena has indicated he will be appearing on the WWE’s live event on September 1st in Shanghai, China. It will be Cena’s first match back since participating at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia this past April where he took on Triple H.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
In a conversation with Rolling Stone, Kane shared whether he was return to WWE in-ring action.

"WWE is always going to be part of me and hopefully I'll always be part of it," said Kane. "I haven't ruled out making special appearances every now and then. My main priority is being mayor, of course. [My role in the WWE] does bring a lot of attention to Knox County, so that's cool. It's just a matter of making sure everything I do — WWE or any other outside stuff — does not impact my role as mayor."
Link: https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-mayor-707213/

Some other sheet news includes:
  • 2K Games recently released the first official screen shot for WWE 2k19. https://twitter.com/AJStylesOrg/stat...45463562125312
  • English version of Shinsuke Nakamura's autobiography called "King of Strong Style 1980-2014" was released today by book publisher VIZ Media.
  • WWE announced they will be airing a Parade of Champions special for this year's Mae Young Classic tournament on their official Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube accounts tomorrow at 7PM EST.
  • Recent episode of the Chasing Glory with Lilian Garcia podcast show had Renee Young as the guest talking about Total Divas, how she and Dean Ambrose became a couple, and her work on commentary in the WWE. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...as-because-of/

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:10 PM   #2123
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sam Adonis plays a Trump supporter as a heel down in Mexico last I checked. He's a heel. I doubt he actually believes the things he said. He's doing it to get heat, but wrestling is heatless now. Bring him back. Pay him to get his ass kicked.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:05 PM   #2124
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Random AJ Styles gif:

Quote:
After a period of fairly steady growth over the last month or so, SmackDown ratings dropped nine percent last night from the previous week. The show averaged 2.197 million viewers, the lowest audience for SmackDown since July 3 ...

SmackDown retained a smaller-than-usual 78 percent of the Raw audience from the night before, which would lend credence to the speculation that some of that audience was interested in Ronda Rousey's match, not necessarily WWE as a whole.

SmackDown was down 15 percent year-over-year as double digit declines are becoming normal as of late. Over the last 10 weeks, they are averaging an almost 10 percent decline.
Starting to become apparent last year was very likely the peak for Smackdown during the current Brand Split era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RingSideNews.com
Brock Lesnar’s match at SummerSlam could tell a lot about the direction WWE is going to take from this point on. Although Roman Reigns is supposed to be the guy, who knows what Vince McMahon will end up doing?

Joe Peisich said on Barn Burner Radio’s Fired Up podcast that Lesnar had a very interesting meeting with Mr. McMahon last week before Raw.

“I’ll break some news. Brock Lesnar last week had a meeting with Vince and the higher ups with WWE and he has told them that he wants to work with both.”

“He wants to work with WWE and UFC. I don’t know how that’s going to happen, but if Brock does not lose the title at SummerSlam you could see him working for both WWE and UFC. Like I said, I don’t know how that works but he wants to work for both.”

Lesnar’s name is a highly valued commodity in sports so if anyone cold pull off that kind of deal, it would be Lesnar.
Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...275187926?mt=2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This scenario may not be popular, but what are the chances that Brock Lesnar keeps the title until his UFC match? Would WWE see this as promotion of their champion and their company?

Only Vince McMahon knows what the chances are but to me, I think it would be a really, really bad move. It would hold the Title hostage into next year, plus WWE doesn’t get much, if anything, out of Brock bringing their belt to a real fight, especially if he gets his butt kicked in that fight.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles.

Quote:
Above, you can see tonight’s Mae Young Classic Parade of Champions starting at 7 p.m. Eastern time, where the full roster of women competing in this year’s tournament will be officially introduced. The first set of tapings is set for tonight at Full Sail University and will continue tomorrow.
Link: https://youtu.be/2yacnc0SUwI

Quote:
With the first night of tapings taking place today, WWE has revealed a few additional details about the 2018 Mae Young Classic ...

There will be a three-person commentary team for the tournament, with Michael Cole, Beth Phoenix, and Renee Young calling the action. Cathy Kelley and Shadia Bseiso, the first Arab woman to sign with WWE as a wrestler, will be the backstage interviewers, and Kayla Braxton will be the ring announcer. Bseiso also has experience working in television.

"A few years ago I was put in charge of all of the announcers in the company," Cole said in an interview with ESPN. "My goal when I took over was to have, for the first time, a full-time female commentator on one of our main shows. That is still my goal today and it led to, for the first time, having two women in the announcing booth for the Mae Young Classic. It blows me away that this is happening because as little as two years ago I would not have seen this happening"
Link: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2...ommentary-team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The first pre-sale for Ring of Honor's G1 Supercard in Madison Square Garden moved a huge amount of tickets today. PWInsider.com has been told by ROH sources that the company has already sold out about half of MSG. If you don't factor in the 9/1 All In event, that's a record amount of tickets sold for Ring of Honor and pretty much guarantees that ROH will shatter its existing attendance records. The pre-sale will continue until Friday morning, when the general on sale kicks off at 10 AM EST. Needless to say, ROH is absolutely thrilled.

Meanwhile, the "All Out" pre-show party put together by Pro Wrestling Tees, which will take place outside of the Sears Center Arena on 9/1 before the All In PPV, has already sold out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI/Observer/WrestlingInc
Indies Roundup:
Tickets for the 10/14 Impact Wrestling Bound for Glory 2018 PPV at the Melrose Ballroom in Long Island City, Queens, NY will officially go on sale via Ticketmaster.com on Saturday 8/25 at 1 PM Eastern.

Pentagon Jr. vs. Sami Callihan in a Mexican Death Match has been announced for Impact’s TV tapings at the Rebel Entertainment Complex in Toronto on Sunday.

WWE Hall of Famer and producer Arn Anderson will be appearing at the Midwest Wrestling Elite debut show "Make or Break" on Sunday, September 30 in St. Louis Park, Minnesota. This will be The Enforcer's first-ever Minnesota indie wrestling appearance. Anderson is scheduled to appear in front of the live crowd and he will participate in a pre-show meet & greet.

After Tetsuya Naito defeated SANADA in the G1 this morning, EVIL brought Hiromu Takahashi’s jacket down to the ring. Naito mentioned that Takahashi wasn’t with them and said he doesn’t know whether Takahashi will be back from his neck injury soon or a while from now. He told Takahashi to come back as soon as he can, the Los Ingobernables de Japon members fist bumped, and Naito fist bumped Takahashi’s jacket. Takahashi posted a picture of himself fist bumping the TV screen to join in with the rest of LIJ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Karl Anderson tweeted this morning that he will welcome his newest child today:

Anyways...
Having my 4th son in the morning..
What a #PowerfulBrother I am ????
Love n respect to all of the @WWE fans, and my friends n family Worldwide .. ???? pic.twitter.com/jrpAOoRfhA
— Karl Anderson (@KarlAndersonWWE) August 8, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/KarlAndersonWWE/...57622682398720

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WOW, Women of Wrestling, will hold their first TV tapings for their weekly series on AXS TV on Wednesday 10/10 and Thursday 10/11 in Los Angeles, CA at the Belasco Theater. Tickets are already on sale via Ticketmaster.com, starting at $25.

AXS TV is handling the production and distribution for the series, which will debut in 2019. Talent scheduled for the taping include Amber O'Neal, Santana Garrett, Barbie Hayden and Katie Forbes.

The series is the latest incarnation of a women's wrestling promotion from David McLane, the original founder of GLOW in the 1980s.
Quote:
were able to get some quarter-hour breakdowns from Monday’s Raw and this is from an internal WWE report. We were told that the lowest quarter of the show came from 10:30 pm – 10:45 pm, which featured the women’s tag match with Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. The Riott Squad and was listed as doing a 2.0 quarter. That number rose to a 2.2 for 10:45 pm – 11 pm and then up to a 2.5 for the overrun segment, which featured Ronda Rousey’s match with Alicia Fox. The report we were informed about listed the entire show as doing a 2.2 and I’m aware other places reported the show doing a 1.96. Both are basing the number off an average viewership of 2.8 million viewers for the entire episode. My assumption is that the rating is being calculated with a different total number of homes that the USA Network is in to explain the difference, although the rating is being calculated off the same number of viewers. We were not able to get a viewership figure for the Rousey vs. Fox match, only the rating for the overrun.
Quote:
WWE posted this graphic with the top active WWE Superstars with the most Instagram followers, as of today - Ronda Rousey with 11.119 million followers, John Cena with 9.931 million, Triple H with 5.259 million, SmackDown General Manager Paige with 4.848 million and Randy Orton with 4.419 million.
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmOmTdjH...ource=ig_embed

Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans which SmackDown Superstar plays the strongest mind games. As of this writing, 60% voted for Randy Orton while 18% voted for Samoa Joe, 17% for The Miz and the rest went with SmackDown Women's Champion Carmella.
Quote:
How WWE negotiations are going:

"We started off with the Royal Rumble at the beginning of the year in January. There was another offer on the table to do the Greatest Royal Rumble, and in between those two events, we've been going back and forth in conversations, trying to work out the right deal. It's still up in the air. Nothing [is] secure, yet."
From a recent interview Rey Mysterio had with the Miami Herald: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-negotiations/

Quote:
ROH did a "10 Questions" with Marty Scurll and asked him about his upcoming match against Kazuchika Okada at "All In" on September 1.

"It's a great opportunity to show the world what I'm capable of," Scurll said. "A lot of times this year I've been in big tag matches or multi-mans, which are fun, but I believe I thrive in singles competition. It's going to be special."
Link: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/10...s-marty-scurll

Old 08-09-2018, 03:12 AM   #2125
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:37 AM   #2126
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Sam Adonis plays a Trump supporter as a heel down in Mexico last I checked. He's a heel. I doubt he actually believes the things he said. He's doing it to get heat, but wrestling is heatless now. Bring him back. Pay him to get his ass kicked.
He called his opponent a fag and said the crowd looks like they have downs syndrome.

Waving around a Trump flag and (in the case of this show) lapping it up about Brexit or whatever would've gotten him heat enough. You don't need to go for even cheaper heat.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #2127
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Also seems he was becoming very frustrated with the direction of his character resulting in the outburst and going way beyond what was approved for his character.

Old 08-09-2018, 04:17 PM   #2128
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

Old 08-09-2018, 09:42 PM   #2129
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Scott Steiner's Official Stance on Fat Guys:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With Aleister Black out due to injury, WWE NXT Champion Tommaso Ciampa will defend against Johnny Gargano in a Last Man Standing match on 8/18 in Brooklyn, NY at the Barclays Center.

The change was announced this evening via a video interview with NXT General Manager William Regal:

There was talk of having the match inside a steel cage but the pitch was shot down.

The remainder of the Takeover card will feature:
*WWE NXT Women's Championship: Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane.
*WWE NXT Tag Team Championship: Undisputed Era vs. Moustache Mountain.
*WWE NXT North American Championship: Adam Cole vs. Ricochet.
*WWE EC3 vs. Velveteen Dream.
Link: https://youtu.be/ntU_o0sjPss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting that this week's "Hidden Gem" is a dark match from a WWF Superstars taping in Salisbury, Maryland on November 21, 1995, which saw the final match of then-WWF Women's Champion Alundra Blayze in the company as she faced Japanese legend Lioness Asuka. Blayze aka Madusa would be released shortly after, setting the stage for her infamous appearance on WCW Monday Nitro, where she dropped the Championship belt into a trash can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Sinclair Broadcast Group, the parent company of Ring of Honor, has lost its bid to purchase Tribune Media as Tribune officially announcing this morning that they had terminated the purchase agreement and have filed a lawsuit against Sinclair for breach of contract ...

Sinclair currently has over the air stations in 39% of the United States. The purchase would have brought that number up to 42%, but it remains to be seen if some miracle can occur that leads to the purchase being somehow salvaged.

Had the deal been completed, the expectations had been that Ring of Honor's footprint as a TV series would have greatly expanded on a national basis and eventually also land on WGN America with either an existing or new ROH TV series on the national cable station. ROH had created a two hour pilot episode earlier this year, using material from the 2017 Final Battle PPV event, to showcase what the series could be to Sinclair officials.

There has long been talk of ROH doing a two hour weekly cable broadcast if and when they had the proper forum. WGN America (which broadcast WWE Superstars several years ago) was expected by some to be that platform, although Ring of Honor never officially announced any plans. Today's lawsuit obviously scuttles those plans.
More details: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...wsuit.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Chicago Sun-Times reported this afternoon that Ring of Honor Star Scott "Colt Cabana" Colton filed a lawsuit against former WWE Champion Phil "CM Punk" Brooks in Cook County Circuit Court in Illinois on 8/7 over alleged unpaid legal fees and breach of contract, stemming from the lawsuit that WWE physician Doctor Chris Amann filed against the two in regard to Punk's appearance on Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast ...

Cabana is alleging that when Dr. Amann's attorneys contacted him with a cease and desist letter related to the podcast in December 2014, Punk told him not to respond. When Amann filed his lawsuit against them, Cabana alleged that Punk told him, via text, that his legal bills would be covered.

However, Cabana alleges that he received an April 2016 email from Punk regarding a financial billing Punk had received from his legal representatives, Loeb & Loeb, with Punk writing, "To date I have spent $513,736 dollars on this Amman lawsuit. My outstanding bill is at least 300K. Half of all this is yours. Divide the 513,736 by 2 that is what you owe me and what I expect you to pay me. Starting now, I will no longer be paying your bills. You are on your own. Whatever my bill is currently, will be cut in half and half will be yours. If you choose to make this all ugly, that's fine too. I hope you won't, but I gave up on you doing what is right a long time ago" ...

Cabana retained Loeb & Loeb until March 2017, when he claimed that he was forced to hire his own representation. In the lawsuit, Cabana stated he was "informed and believed" that Punk caused Loeb & Loeb to withdraw as Cabana's attorney.

After their courtroom victory over Amann's lawsuit, Cabana's attorneys approached Punk, seeking payment of $200,000, the cost of Cabana's legal fees post-Loeb & Loeb. Punk turned that overture down, leading to Cabana's claim of breach of contract.

Cabana is also claiming that had he not listened to Punk and just responded to the original cease and desist letter, he would not have dealt with any "costs, expenses or losses" in regard to the Amann case.

Cabana is asking for $1 Million in punitive and exemplary damages and $200,000 (aka the cost of his representation during the Amann lawsuit) in general damages. He is seeking a jury trial. Obviously, Punk has not yet responded to the lawsuit..
More details and link to the report: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...dated.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI/Post Wrestling/Observer
Indies Roundup:
Former ECW World Champion Mikey Whipwreck, who has trained a number of names, including Curt Hawkins, Tony Nese, The Amazing Red, Jay Lethal, and Zack Ryder, among many other names, is opening The Underdogs Pro Wrestling School in Hazleton, PA. The School, located at 601 South Poplar Street, will officially open on 8/20 and will be associated with Premier Pro Wrestling, also operating out of Hazleton.

Chris Charlton has been added to Friday’s G1 broadcast at Budokan Hall, they were very happy with his performance on Wednesday with Kevin Kelly & Rocky Romero.

NJPW are looking at touring Australia again at the end of this year. The actual announcement and schedule is expected to be made after the G-1 tournament is over

The Arkansas State Athletic Commission has voted to change Act 860, which deregulated pro wrestling events if they were held in conjunction with a charitable organization. The new regulations are that shows in conjunction with charity still need for the promoters to be licensed, all the wrestlers on the show will need to be licensed, have a physical and have blood work done. The question becomes how the athletic commission can change a law that was passed by the state legislature and signed by the Governor

Mysterio Jr., was going to start with MLW to work a tag program against Pentagon Jr. & Fenix starting next month before his WWE talks got serious. MLW has signed Brian Pillman II to a multi-year deal and they are looking to give a big push to Tom Lawlor. There was an idea to go a match in an MMA gym with Lawlor vs. Jake Hager in an MMA cage, but Hager opted not to do it, thinking Bellator wouldn’t like him to do so.

PCW Ultra has announced Rich Swann and Sami Callihan are off their 9/7 shows due to contract obligations, which means Impact, probably for the show in Manchester, England that weekend. Announced for the show is Daga vs. ACH, Shane Strickland vs. Rey Hours, Penta 0M vs. Hammerstone and Brody King vs. Eddie Kingston.

BCW on 8/30 in Melbourne, Australia has Tajiri vs. Nick Bury. 9/1 in Adelaide, Australia has Rob Van Dam vs. Jonah Rock vs. Syd Parker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The ROH/NJPW show on 4/6 in Madison Square Garden had sold 12,000 tickets at last word, which was a few hours ago. They did a password sale today. Tickets go on sale to the public tomorrow. It is not a lock that it will be sold out by the end of the day tomorrow, but it is certainly possible. It is a lock that the show will be sold out by the time the show takes place.
Quote:
The eight first-round matches for the CHIKARA King of Trios tournament that takes place Labor Day weekend in Easton, PA at the Palmer Center:
  • Mighty Molly & Solo Darling & Aja Perera vs. Kikutaro & Los Ice Creams
  • Justin Gabriel & Michael Tarver & Darren Young vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado & Sloan Caprice & Rick Roland
  • Jean Pierre Lafitte (PCO) & Rey Bucanero & Katie Lea (Katarina) vs. Merlok & Hermit Crab & Cajun Crawdad
  • Madison Eagles & Jessica Troy & Shazza McKenzie vs. Shoko Nakajima & Yuka Sakazaki & Miyu Yamashita
  • Rezerhawk & Nytehawk & Dangerhawk vs. Adam Hoffman & Mick Moretti & Jack bonza
  • Volgar & Callux & Frantik vs. Fire Ant & Green Ant & Thief Ant
  • Chris Dickinson & Cameron Zagami & Brian Milonas vs. Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown & Boomer Hatfield
  • Air Wolf & ThunderFrog & Wildkat vs. Icarus & Tony Deppen & Travis Huckabee
Quote:
President Harold Meij, in an attempt to help in marketing the product overseas, has banned English language swearing and middle finger usage from the product. In trying to garner more sponsors, things like the swearing in the Juice Robinson promos and heavy swearing in-ring were going to have to go. Those who have been swearing in English in their promos were privately spoken to and asked as best they can to clean up their promos. All the wrestlers were told this week to not swear or try not to offend people on social media. There are ideas for expansion of sponsorships in new markets that require a product suitable for all ages. The reality is the product’s popularity has nothing to do with any swearing and eliminating that won’t have any effect, so if it’s not necessary and impedes expansion, why allow it
Quote:
There are other negotiations All In going on including the possibility of a regular television replay airing after the exclusive PPV window ends. The idea is to more get as many people watching as possible, so in a sense they are undercutting their own PPV by allowing it on Honor Club, with the idea of using the show to build up Honor Club subs ... It will be treated similar to a PPV by Honor Club, meaning Honor Club VIP’s will get the show for free while regular Honor Club subscribers can get the iPPV version for half price. The regular television PPV will run at $39.99 and $49.99, which was actually an insistence from their side at running it lower as the PPV companies wanted it at closer to WWE prices. Fite TV, which should be the key for outside the U.S., will be at $39.99. WGN America wanted to do the entire show live, but Cody and the Young Bucks had an idea for what they wanted from the show and live television of the big matches wasn’t going to work.
Quote:
For what it’s worth, at the present time, the planned fall Raw live event main events are Reigns vs. Strowman. They could go face vs. face, but that indicates at least the possibility of one of the two turning
Quote:
The reason Jessamyn Duke didn’t debut yet is because she was a little hurt although she did recently do a practice match at the Performance Center, did good things, but like anyone, just needs more ring time in actual match situations. We’re told that the feeling on her, at least by some, is that she’s a prodigy at this. With Ronda Rousey, everything has been so completely produced to such a degree that it’s really not fair to compare her progress but still, Rousey’s got something quickly that few have. But her match with Bliss is expected to be scripted move-for-move at the Performance Center. More and more people are really open to the idea that MMA is a great place to recruit new women because of how quickly people like Duke, Marina Shafir, Shayna Baszler, Ronda Rousey and Sonya Deville were able to adapt.
Quote:
The photos on social media of Frank Shamrock and Shawn Michaels together were from the Performance Center this past week. Shamrock is the agent for Mauro Ranallo and they’re in negotiations. There is talk of springboarding the Showtime documentary on Ranallo into a major college speaking tour on mental health
Quote:
Still no hints of a Cena return, past him being booked on the 9/1 show in Shanghai, where he has vowed to debut a new finishing move. Cena has dropped from 254 to 236 pounds and is ripped. At his age, it’s better for his joints and injuries to be lighter, plus it’ll allow him to be less typecast in Hollywood being less bulky. Then again Dwayne Johnson went in the other direction, from 220 (when the idea was to expand his acting range and get parts that didn’t rely on an overpowering physique) 260 to do the intimidating action hero roles
Quote:
Keith Lee took to Twitter today and wrote the following after making his WWE NXT TV debut with a win over Marcel Barthel last night:

Humble gratitude for all the positive feedback on the debut last night. Let us see what kind of ride we can create. Only time will tell...#BaskInMyGlory for #iAmLimitless pic.twitter.com/Tl1uZbslpr
— Keith Lee (@RealKeithLee) August 9, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/RealKeithLee/sta...74436801773576

Quote:
In recognition of the worldwide growth and increased popularity of women's wrestling, Pro Wrestling Illustrated has announced that it will expand its annual PWI Female 50 issue to the Women's 100, effective this year. Like the annual PWI 500, the Women's 100 will include worldwide talent, including women from Mexico, Japan, Europe, and around the globe. In previous years, the Female 50 was exclusive to women competing in the U.S. and Canada.

"With the rise of women's wrestling in WWE, as well as the growth of promotions like STARDOM, Pro Wrestling EVE, and on the independents, there is an incredible amount of female talent out there today. It definitely seems like the right time to expand our ranking from 50 spots to 100," said PWI Senior Writer Dan Murphy, who also co-wrote the book Sisterhood of the Squared Circle: The History and Rise of Women's Wrestling (with Pat Laprade). "I think this will be one of the most ambitious and timely projects PWI has undertaken and I'm very excited to be coordinating it," Murphy said.

The Women's 100 will be released this fall.

• According to the Observer, both Pentagon Jr and Rey Fenix have recently told promoters their status for 2019 indies dates are now currently in doubt due to WWE's recent interest for both of them.
  • DDP recently rebranded his DDP Yoga service to now be called DDPY going forward. https://www.instagram.com/p/BmQrhmCA...ource=ig_embed

Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 PM   #2130
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If New Jsoan is going PG then Juice might as well go back to WWE. I hope Impact becomes a non PG promotion and capitalize on some of these guys wanting to cut loose.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #2131
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
He called his opponent a fag and said the crowd looks like they have downs syndrome.

Waving around a Trump flag and (in the case of this show) lapping it up about Brexit or whatever would've gotten him heat enough. You don't need to go for even cheaper heat.
I'm as PC lefty as they come. I don't mind this in wrestling if that guy is going to be a heel. It is inauthentic for a Trump supporter to come out and make intelligent points or be sensitive to the feelings of "liberal snowflakes." The whole gimmick should be based on a privileged perspective of free speech. If you want to be a PC lefty and get offended at heels getting heat, then maybe it's time to admit that wrestling is not for you. It's also probably time to admit that you're still capable of being worked. I'm just glad someone is making an effort in 2018.
Old 08-10-2018, 07:30 PM   #2132
Savio
Spammy Certified

Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just like you were worked last week eh?
Savio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 07:33 PM   #2133
Mr. Nerfect

That being said, you don't need the gimmick. I'm fine with New Japan going PG for example, because you don't need that sort of content to be compelling. If Adonis cut promos where he talked about all the things he can't say, that would be enough, but this actual backlash for him just living the gimmick in the world of wrestling is a bit weird to me.

Like, what is the point of wrestling anymore?
Old 08-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #2134
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savio View Post
Just like you were worked last week eh?
I genuinely have no clue what you are talking about.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #2135
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Heel Batista Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 8/2 edition of Impact did 168,000 overnight viewers, down drastically from last week's 248,000 overnight viewers. It is one of their all time low numbers.
Last time they hit a sub-200k number was December 14, 2017 and only two other times since January 2016.

Quote:
A big main event has been signed for MLW’s television tapings in October.

Pierre Carl Ouellet, better known as PCO, will take on LA Park at the television tapings, which are being called MLW Fury Road. This replaces a match that was originally signed for the show, which was Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix teaming up to take on LA Park and El Hijo de LA Park. There wasn’t a reason given why the match was changed other than it was circumstances beyond their control.
Quote:
This week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that there is interest within WWE to bring both Pentagon and Fenix in. However, they still have three seasons left on their Lucha Underground contracts, as well as indie dates for 2019, so it is unlikely they will be brought in anytime soon.
Quote:
A year after a torn ACL kept her out of the inaugural tournament, Tegan Nox (the former Nixon Newell) suffered an injury to her other leg at last night's Mae Young Classic tapings ...

She tried to continue but wasn't able to, and the match ended by referee stoppage. Nox was looked at by doctors and was visibly emotional after the injury.

Paul "Triple H" Levesque spoke to the crowd about the situation and initially indicated that Nox had a broken leg, along with a broken heart over not being able to finish what she started. He said it would just be a bump in the road for her. Levesque later did an interview with espnW, noting that Nox was being taken to the hospital to determine the specifics of the injury.

"To come here tonight and be in a position to where, let me just say, it couldn't have been any more heartbreaking for her," Levesque said. "Emotionally, just couldn't have been any more heartbreaking. I don't know, at this point, what happened. She landed funky on a dive and hurt herself.

"The doctor looked at it and it was so painful at the point that he couldn't manipulate the disc to see if it was an ACL. So we have her headed over to the hospital now and check what it is."
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Triple H praised the competitors in the 2018 Mae Young Classic:

The 2018 #WWEMYC showcased the triumph and heartbreak that makes our business so special. Incredible competition with phenomenal athletes over two historic nights. Thank you to the talent, @WWEPerformCtr coaches and @WWE staff for another @MaeYoungClassic. pic.twitter.com/bdxpyA0dWj
— Triple H (@TripleH) August 10, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
After a week of issues between the two parties, The BeIN Sports Network has returned to Verizon FIOS, which means that users of that service will once again be able to watch the Major League Wrestling: FUSION TV series, which airs on Friday evenings at 8 PM EST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor Chief Operating Officer Joe Koff provided the following comments to PWInsider.com regarding today's sellout of the ROH and New Japan G1 Supercard in Madison Square Garden:

"We are humbled and appreciative of our fans and their belief and support of Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling. All we can say is Thank You!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI/Observer/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
Tickets for the Thursday 4/4/19 Wrestlecon Mark Hitchcock Memorial Supershow at the NYC Hilton Midtown will go on sale on 8/28, it was announced today. The convention's annual Supershow is among the best independent events of the year.

MLW sources have confirmed to PWInsider.com that they have signed Brian Pillman Jr. to a "long-term" deal.

The promotion also announced that Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix are off their 10/4 taping in NYC. There's been a lot of rumors about the brothers' long-term future and the WWE's interest in them in the last several weeks. The two are signed to Lucha Underground contracts currently.

New Japan announced in storyline that if Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale or Tanga Loa interfere in any of the G-1 matches on Saturday they will be suspended for three months.

Kazuchika Okada has been announced for the 8/17 show at Arena Mexico. It will be the first time he's ever wrestled for CMLL in that building.

Announced for the Impact show at Mediacon in Manchester, England at the Bowlers Exhibition Center on 9/9 is Jimmy Havoc vs. Sami Callihan and LAX vs Jonny Storm & Jody Fleisch. The theme of the show is going to be Impact vs. U.K.

The latest NWA video on the Nick Aldis vs. Cody match and the MSG sellout.

Wednesday’s episode of Lucha Underground on the El Rey Network averaged 115,000 viewers, almost identical to last week’s figure of 114,000. This week’s show was built around a match between the Worldwide Underground and The Reptile Tribe.
NWA: https://youtu.be/_ptchVEftT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
My least-favorite thing about the Evolution PPV announcement was the same as the all-women Royal Rumble: Stephanie McMahon. Too much self back patting for my taste. I think it would have worked better as a quick aside; maybe a promo package or if Charlotte or somebody mentioned it in a promo. Why do they have to beat it over our head that they’re doing good things? Can’t they just have a women’s revolution without telling us about it constantly? You’ll never be equal if you keep telling people you’re not equal.

You have to understand that it's just not how WWE does things. They want to promote how great they are and how evolutionary their ideas are. It's as much a narrative about legitimizing the company and showcasing how important what they are doing is as much as it's a storyline week to week. They are promoting themselves to stockholders to partners to licensees and to fans and if they can get Stephanie and Triple H over as these benevolent, crusading execs who are trying to take the company - and in this case, the women - into the future, then it builds them as much as everyone else. It's totally self-promotion, but if it helps WWE push their agenda, the company is going to be happy to do it, as would any other company, wrestling or otherwise. Sometimes, a lighter touch works better, but WWE doesn't do subtle.

Quote:
Brian Danovich, who was on the 2004 season of Tough Enough, passed away from an apparent suicide at the age of 36. Danovich tore his pec on the show where they cut the competitors down to the ones who would make the season. He wanted to keep going and ended up getting a developmental contract out of it, but didn't last long, passed away this past week of an apparent suicide. That was the season of The Miz, The Boogeyman, Daniel Puder and Daniel Rodimar.
Quote:
Hulk Hogan’s apparent return to WWE:

“Before he died, Bruno Sammartino and I talked a lot about this issue of why WWE would even want Hogan back in…. I don’t know if it’s nostalgia or a feeling that they owe him or something. But to forgive him for what he said. Apparently, he was in his early to mid-50s when he said this, he was a grown man. And his use of the N word, it wasn’t just once, it was a number of times in that conversation, and in such a disparaging, condescending, racist tone… And everyone always talks about forgiveness. Well he’s been forgiven many times, for lying about steroids, for lying about drug use, just for lying in general. How many times do you forgive the guy?”
From a recent episode of The Matt Riviera Show podcast with former WCW commentator Chris Cruise as the guest. More highlights from the episode: https://www.prowrestling.com/former-...n-wgn-america/

Quote:
There will be WWE Story Time and Table For 3 marathons on the WWE Network this coming Monday. A new Table For 3 with Xavier Woods, Matt Hardy and Zack Ryder will premiere after RAW goes off the air. Below is the synopsis for the thirty-minute episode:

"Matt Hardy, Xavier Woods, and Zack Ryder gather to discuss the power of using digital and social media platforms."

• Major League Wrestling announced both Pentagon Jr and Fenix have been pulled from their October 4th MLW Fusion tapings due circumstances beyond their control. Mexico's AAA promotion recently hinted both guys are very likely leaving the company after this month's TripleMania event.
  • According to PWI, it took about 19 minutes for ROH's MSG event to reach sold out status once tickets when on general sale. Observer reported last night's early sales were at 12,000 tickets sold.
  • According to the Observer, Wrestlemania 34 had around 59,900 paid tickets out of the 78,133 announced for the event's attendance.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, WCW once considered the idea of having a wrestler named Spam Man as a way to get a sponsorship with Spam. https://twitter.com/JerseyAutentico/...81889549635584
  • Rumor going around the net is that Nikki Bella is currently dating someone within WWE's management. Supposedly Nikki was never actually interested in ever hooking back with Cena and has been keeping this relationship in a hush status for at least the past 2 months.
  • Also apparently an old rumor involving Randy Orton pulling out his wiener for the sole purpose of rubbing his hand on it before shaking someone's hands has recently started going around the net. Supposedly that was his way of greeting newly hired writers to the WWE.

Old 08-10-2018, 10:12 PM   #2136
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Damn, was probably the best Impact since Slammiversary but NFL pre season probably played into that low rating.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:32 AM   #2137
Mr. Nerfect

Also, it's TNA and it's a dead horse.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:33 AM   #2138
Mr. Nerfect

The "ratings are low because people would rather be doing other things" argument never washes with me. People would rather be doing other things than watching dudes like Eddie Edwards and Sami Callihan fight in a bush to some shitty musical score.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:53 AM   #2139
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

No the rating is because of the channel they are on. Impact has been on the upswing this year and are slowly making progress. They're not on the level of NJPW or ROH but they are embracing being an alternative which is good.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #2140
Mr. Nerfect

They are on the channel they are on because they are TNA. They were on Spike TV. They got chased off. They were getting 1.1 million viewers. Then they were getting 300,000 viewers. Then they were getting 250,000 viewers. Now they are getting 150,000.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:12 PM   #2141
Mr. Nerfect

Would not be surprised if WWE buys up their tape library sometime soon so they can pad out the Network and do a "LolTNA" documentary and have guys like Styles and Joe bury it.
Old 08-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #2142
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Would not be surprised if WWE buys up their tape library sometime soon so they can pad out the Network and do a "LolTNA" documentary and have guys like Styles and Joe bury it.
Would also finally make TNA's history canon in WWE land. Remember when Sting apparently faded from existence for 13 years after WCW folded? Not even Jeff Jarrett was allowed to talk about TNA in his HOF speech.

Could be of use to them to add titles to AJ and Joe's legacies once it comes time to fill out more HOF spots in a decade.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:50 PM   #2143
Mr. Nerfect

It'd actually be a useful archive to mine. It's like WCW for them, only less hurtful. They can do a Samoa Joe special, an AJ Styles one, a Sting one, a Kurt Angle one, a Bobby Lashley one. They can do a "What the fuck happened?" where they have the guys shoot on how incompetent it was. They can do a "What is its legacy?" and try and be optimistic about it. WWE have never really spoken about TNA, so it'd be interesting to hear them unload the gun. Getting Jim Ross to appear and take shots at the name of the promotion, for example. Hearing people go off on the email scandal and how hilarious it was they got kicked off Spike. It's actually a really amusing story. One of the best pops in recent memory was Angle telling Owens & Zayn that "TNA was hiring." There's something in it.

There's the PPV archive, which has some memorable stuff. They can do like a Mystery Science Theater 3000 type thing and have wrestlers do commentary over the shows. Just pay Jim Cornette and Bruce Prichard a bunch of money to sit in a studio on and do commentary over them. I'm not even being insincere with that idea.

Going through the roster, there is barely anyone worth taking. Again, I'm not being insincere. The talent that are good have either been in WWE before and were cut for reasons or are basically confirmed to be heading there. Maybe they give another look at Brian Cage or Evan Bourne. John Morrison is there, but he probably had an open door to go back anyway. I could see Sonjay Dutt going there, because they love snatching up Indian guys. Maybe Zema Ion for a Filipino team with TJP? The rest are either scrubs or have backgrounds involving domestic violence. So it's not like you even have the problem of where to put all the talent you'd be buying.

But yeah, it fills it the gaps and gives the WWE more footage. The good stuff can be presented as good, but the bad stuff can be presented as hilariously bad. Think The Rise and Fall of ECW, but with a satirical tone.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:57 PM   #2144
slik
Trickster Demon

Sounds like SummerSlam 2019 is between Toronto (Rogers Center) and somewhere in the South or Texas. Stadiums/Domes -- not arenas -- for SummerSlam going forward. Hmmm....

Old 08-13-2018, 04:53 AM   #2145
Mr. Nerfect

Toronto would be a good place for it, given that they don't want to do Mania there because of the weather.
Old 08-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #2146
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Anvil Appreciation Day:

Quote:
The go-home Raw for SummerSlam last night averaged 2.82 million viewers, up just under one percent from last week ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.85 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.87 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.76 million viewers
Quote:
This has been a rough day regarding the death of Jim Neidhart ...

According to the police report, they were called at 6:41 a.m. today and told that Neidhart fell, hit his head and was bleeding. His wife Ellie said that Jim was having difficulty sleeping, told her he was cold and wanted to adjust the thermostat. She got out of bed and he walked over to the thermostat, then fell toward the wall, evidently having a seizure, and hit the ground and she called 911, believing he had a seizure. She saw blood, saw him gargling and told the operator she thought he was dead. He takes medication for seizures and last had one on 12/21. He had a cut on his face from the fall of 2-4 inches in length.
Quote:
Michael Cole commented on Renee Young's performance on commentary for last night’s Raw: “Words can not express how proud I am of @ReneeYoungWWE. What she accomplished last night is no easy feat. That chair is a tough one to sit in. She brought poise, professionalism, a refreshing view. Renee and @WWEGraves were a great team. Thanks for helping me feel young again”
Link: https://twitter.com/MichaelCole/stat...79385718136833

Quote:
Indies Roundup:
Cody Rhodes & The Young Bucks defending their Six-Man Tag Team titles against Silas Young, Beer City Bruiser & Brian Milonas has been announced for ROH’s TV tapings in Philadelphia on August 25, along with Punishment Martinez defending his TV title against Aaron Solow. Solow won the title shot through the Dojo Pro wrestling series on Amazon Prime.

Revolution Pro announced its 8/26 show in Portsmouth at the Guildhall is being moved to 9/7 and it will be the biggest show they've ever run in the city. Jushin Liger, Kushida and Zack Sabre Jr. are all on the card.

A new match has been signed for MLW’s War Games event taking place on September 6. LA Park will compete against Pentagon Jr. in what is being billed as a Mexican Massacre match. Salina de la Renta, who in storyline manages LA Park under her Promociones Dorado promotion, will be in his corner while Konnan will be in Pentagon Jr.’s corner.

Bad Luck Fale has been announced for the 8/18 Melbourne City Wrestling show, which is that company's biggest show ever.

Tom Lawlor’s tenure with the UFC appears to be over, following a statement from Lawlor announcing he has been let go. MMA Fighting added that his release hasn’t been finalized yet, but they are in the process of completing it. Lawlor had been serving a two-year suspension issued by USADA that was set to expire this October with Lawlor requesting his release over the past two years and being denied.
Quote:
The highs and lows of Daniel Bryan’s career will be experienced in this year’s WWE 2K19 Showcase mode.

The story mode, which was revealed on WWE's website this morning, will have you control Daniel Bryan as you navigate through 12 matches in his career. Along with the matches, there will be nine arenas that played a role in Bryan’s career, and there will be 11 different versions of Bryan playable, each with their own movesets and appearances. There will also be 15 interview packages and 20 video cutscenes that will be interjected throughout the mode.

The video to debut the new mode interjected footage of his retirement speech and the speech he gave when he was cleared to return to WWE action.

WWE 2K19 will be out on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC on October 9. Pre-ordering now will enable you to obtain Ronda Rousey and Rey Mysterio as playable characters upon release. Pre-order the Deluxe edition and you’ll be able to play the game four days early.
Links: https://www.wwe.com/section/wwe-2k19...s-daniel-bryan & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql6CTuC0ybQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
World Wrestling Entertainment has hired James Long, The Head Coordinating Producer and Video Editor for Impact Wrestling, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Long was hired specifically for the WWE NXT brand and has been working for several weeks out of Orlando.

Long, who also wrestled for OVW and independently (including a recent appearance for House of Hardcore) under the ring name Paredyse, was intimately involved in a lot of the Hardys "Broken Universe" content alongside Jeremy Borash. He had been with Impact since July 2014.

During his time with Impact, Long was the Lead producer and coordinator of production of all taped and live vignettes and promos, managed multiple production teams at TV tapings and was involved in all facets of Impact Wrestling production, from graphics to video packages to creative and execution of digital and television content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Local advertising for the Smackdown 1000 broadcast is listing The Undertaker as appearing at the 10/16 broadcast from Washington, DC.

Local advertising also touts the following "Triple Main Event" -
*WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe.
*Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz.
*Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy.

There will be an online pre-sale for the event this Wednesday 8/15 at 10 AM EST using code SMACKDOWN.
Quote:
Ring of Honor has announced dates for their Global Wars tour this November with four shows scheduled and will all air on the Honor Club streaming service:
*Wednesday, November 7th in Lewiston, Maine at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee
*Thursday, November 8th in Lowell, Massachusetts at the Memorial Auditorium
*Friday, November 9th in Buffalo, New York at the Buffalo RiverWorks
*Sunday, November 11th in Toronto at the Mattamy Athletic Centre
Quote:
"Vicious" by Halestorm has been announced as the official theme song for WWE's 2018 Mae Young Classic.

• In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Kofi Kingston (37), Johnny Gargano (31), Bob Backlund (69), and Bobby Eaton (60) all celebrated their birthday today.
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 7th anniversary of CM Punk vs John Cena at SummerSlam 2011. This event saw Punk defeat Cena to win the Undisputed WWE Championship, Punk defeat Del Rio due to a MitB cash-in, and last PPV of the 1st Brand Split Era.
  • WWE recently launched a new website for customizable WWE shirt purchases. https://customtees.wwe.com/

Old 08-14-2018, 10:28 PM   #2147
Mr. Nerfect

I take it Bryan isn't going anywhere.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:06 AM   #2148
slik
Trickster Demon

Quote:

Per the latest 20 minute Podcast on BarnBurner:

http://barnburner.ca/Html/Shows/show-NoHolds.html

* SummerSlam 2019 close to finalizing a deal for The Rogers Center (formerly the SkyDome, host of WM6 and WM18) in Toronto. Announcement expected around August 30th.

* nWo will reunite (possibly) on Chris Jericho's cruise

* Chris Jericho will possibly debut at BOUND FOR GLORY for Impact Wrestling

* Minneapolis has moved to more of a front-runner for hosting WrestleMania 36

* Los Angeles and it's new NFL Stadium is the front-runner for hosting WrestleMania 37

* FOX has expressed interest in airing WrestleMania 37 on the FOX Broadcast Network.

* Randy Orton had a meeting with WWE executives before SmackdDownLive about his allegations

* A closed-door meeting is scheduled between Brock Lesnar, HHH and Vince McMahon the afternoon of SummerSlam in Brooklyn.

Old 08-15-2018, 06:37 AM   #2149
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
I take it Bryan isn't going anywhere.
To be fair, video game stuff is decided way in advance. WWE 2k15 had a whole Showcase mode about CM Punk who had walked 10 months before the game was released.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:25 PM   #2150
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Orton on the Hunt for His Next Handshake Victim:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 8/14 edition of Smackdown Live brought in 2,189,000 overnight viewers, down from last week's 2,197,000 overnight viewers.
Quote:
Another name has been added to the All In Over Budget Battle Royal that will take place an hour before the main card.

Impact X Division champion Brian Cage is the sixth entrant in the battle royal, confirmed today by All In’s Twitter account. Cage joins Ethan Page, Jordynne Grace, Moose, Rocky Romero and Colt Cabana. Nine more participants have yet to be named.

The winner of the match will receive a ROH title match on the main card later in the evening against current champion Jay Lethal.
Link: https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/stat...65403059720193

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI/WrestelIngInc/Observer
Indies Roundup:
MLW issued the following: BOUNTY HUNTER BRODY KING RUMBLES WITH PCO AT MLW’S SEPTEMBER 6 FORT LAUDERDALE FUSION TV TAPING.

Northeast Wrestling announced that Rey Mysterio is off their Wrestling Under The Stars show in Pittsfield, Massachusetts on August 24 due to “his upcoming contractual situation with WWE.”

ROH announced KUSHIDA will be headed to their Death Before Dishonor TV tapings in Las Vegas on September 29 at the Orleans Arena.

Tenille Dashwood is off ROH’s Honor Re-United tour due to a “non-serious medical condition." Chardonnay also won’t be able to wrestle due to injury. Kay Lee Ray will face Viper in Edinburgh tomorrow, Charli Evans in Doncaster on Saturday, and Ayesha Raymond in London on Sunday.

On Twitter, Chris Jericho teased that 2019 is going to be an interesting year for him: “2019 is gonna be an interesting year…. #FreeAgentJericho”

Kevin Kelly and Andy Boy Simmonz will be calling Revolution Pro Wrestling’s TV tapings at York Hall in London on September 5 and 6.

Kelly noted that NJPW World is going to start adding English commentary for some classic matches from the past very soon.

Haku/Meng, who was originally advertised as facing Nick Gage, won’t be appearing at Joey Janela’s Lost in New York on Friday because he’ll be attending Jim Neidhart’s funeral.
Mysterio: https://www.facebook.com/NortheastWr...type=3&theater , Tenille: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/de...s-due-injuries , Jericho: https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/statu...93155598700545 , RevPro: https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1029733789965148160 , NJPW: https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/s...06645805441025 , Janela: https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/sta...95213760454656

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
I came across an interesting stat. Wrestlemania 34 was the seventh straight year a part timer was in the main event. Does this sort of stat not worry Vince McMahon?

After seven straight years, I think it’s clear that he isn’t concerned. And with the TV deals he just signed, he probably won’t be any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting that this week a dark match featuring AJ Styles versus Rick Michaels from the July 9, 2001 Raw taping at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia will be added to the Hidden Gems section this Thursday. This is the Phenomenal One's first official WWE debut.
Link: http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/0...atch-incoming/

Quote:
The Big Show says that he's ready to return to action. The former WWE Champion hasn't wrestled since losing a steel cage match against Braun Strowman in September of 2017. The match was designed to write Big Show off of television to undergo right hip surgery.

Big Show told ESPN this week at a charity event at the Hackensack Meridian Health Joseph M. Sanzari Children's Hospital in Hackensack, New Jersey that he hopes to be back in the ring as early as SummerSlam this Sunday.

"Hopefully within the next couple of weeks, I will be back in the ring," Big Show said. "That's the main goal. I'm actually going to try and get cleared Sunday, by [WWE's] doctors; moving around the ring a little bit. I could be back as soon as the Monday Night Raw after SummerSlam, if they have something for me.

"Just because I'm healthy, doesn't mean our creative team is healthy for me yet."
Link: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2...-11-months-out

Quote:
After Young last appeared as a commentator for NXT in April 2014, her spot on the Raw announce table was a big step for the 33-year-old. She hopes to become a more frequent member of the announce team as she said "it just felt right" being in the moment alongside Michael Cole and Corey Graves.

"I can't believe that I survived that and it happened," Young said. "My brain has not shut off since."

Busted Open co-host Mark Henry said WWE might have to add a microphone to the Raw commentary table.

"I hope so!" Young replied. "Oh my gosh, I would be so happy if that was the case.

"All I could think of afterward, and not even afterward -- like during -- you know like when you're in the process of something happening and you don't get to absorb it all? I mean I guess during a three-hour show you do get a moment to absorb it, but all I could think was, 'man I want to keep doing this.'

"It felt like so much fun, it just felt right. It felt right to me, and I loved that. It was great."
More highlights and link to the interview from Busted Open Radio: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...mmentate-more/

Quote:
Triple H took part in a media call this afternoon to promote Saturday's NXT Takeover event in Brooklyn. During the call, the new NXT UK brand was discussed and it was noted that former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville would be a great fit for it. Triple H was then asked what Neville's status was with the company.

"To be honest, I'm not 100% positive," Triple H replied. "I would need to go back and look into that."

Neville had left WWE in mid-October, reportedly over frustration with his status in the company. He was scheduled to lose to then-WWE Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore on the October 9, 2017 episode of WWE Monday Night RAW, and left the company after reportedly learning of the scheduled finish. The match resulted in Enzo losing the championship to Kalisto.

Triple H agreed that Neville would be a good fit for the NXT UK division and praised the work that he had done for the company.

"You are 100% right, [Neville] is one of the most talented guys in the world," Triple H admitted. "I love the time that he spent with us in NXT, he did a great job of building up the Cruiserweight division on 205 [Live]. Time will see where that ends up."
From today's NXT conference call held by Triple H. More highlights via WrestlingInc: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...affecting-nxt/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful.com
Brock Lesnar has reached rarified air as Champion.

At WrestleMania 33, Brock Lesnar defeated Goldberg to become WWE Universal Champion. Since that victory he has defended the Championship six times on WWE programming including two singles matches against his SummerSlam opponent Roman Reigns.

It has been 500 days since Lesnar won the Championship which puts him among some of the longest reigning Champions in the history of WWE. There are only a handful of wrestlers who earned this feat with the WWE Championship and one who reached 500 days as United States Champion.
Quote:
Roman Reigns spoke to Yahoo Sports about the portion of fans who boo him, “I think they’re like closet lovers to be honest. You can say whatever you want, but it’s how you say it that matters. The way they deliver it, they’re more connected to me than their so called ‘favorites.’ For me to be able to pull on whatever string I pull on, it just goes to show there’s a deep rooting there.” Reigns added, “It doesn’t really matter to me, as long as they’re really loud, that’s all I really care about. There could be certain moments where they try to hijack shows and all of that, but by the end of the match, they’re standing up so I’ve been blessed. I really do think that if they love to hate you, they still love you.”
Link: https://sports.yahoo.com/roman-reign...203509809.html

• WWE recently added a new collection set based on Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart to the WWE. Entire list of contents via PWI: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...tails.html?p=1
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 8th anniversary of Daniel Bryan's return to the WWE since being released after Nexus's debut and infamous tie strangling incident. Bryan returned at SummerSlam 2010 as part of Team WWE for the Nnexus vs WWE Elimination match.
  • Chris Jericho was revealed to be the guest for next week's episode of James Ellsworth's #Duhcast podcast show ... wait a minute, even Ellsworth has a rasslin podcast show now? Jokes aside, here is the link: http://www.wrestlingperspectivepodcast.com/
  • Edge revealed Mauro Ranallo will be this week's guest on the Edge & Christian podcast show. https://twitter.com/EdgeRatedR/statu...32227029508115

Old 08-16-2018, 09:33 PM   #2151
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Rasslin Dancing Appreciation Day:

Quote:
AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Roman Reigns, and Brock Lesnar are featured in the matches that have been uploaded to the WWE Network's hidden gems section this week.

Styles and Joe's matches are from 2001, with Styles facing Rick Michaels in a WWE dark match and Joe taking on Tommy Dreamer for Ultimate Pro Wrestling in California. Reigns' is from 2011 and against Corey Graves, when Reigns was Leakee in WWE's Florida Championship Wrestling developmental territory.

Lesnar's match is a 2003 title defense against the "American Badass" version of The Undertaker during an overseas tour in Finland.

The theme for the uploads is featuring the four wrestlers who will be in the WWE and Universal Championship matches at SummerSlam on Sunday.
Link: http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/0...s-highlighted/

Quote:
Elias tweeted that his concert at the Gramercy Theatre in New York City on Saturday has been canceled: “WWE Management insisted I postpone my solo concert this Saturday in New York City, however they have given me the opportunity to perform that concert live at Summer Slam.”
Link: https://twitter.com/IAmEliasWWE/stat...06158932459521

Quote:
Seth Rollins spoke to Sports Illustrated about The Rock potentially working WrestleMania and if he’d like to face him: “That’s cool, too. Don’t get me wrong. I love Rocky. I think he’s great. Love everything he’s done for this business. But my gut, my first instinct, says we don’t need him. We don't need him. If we’re not the guys who can main event WrestleMania, then how are we ever gonna be The Rock? How are we gonna be Stone Cold Steve Austin? We can’t hold onto these guys forever. We just can’t. To me, let’s do Seth Rollins-Roman Reigns before we do Seth Rollins-The Rock. That's me.”
Link: https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/08...restelmania-35

Quote:
Charly Caruso, Sam Roberts, and Pat McAfee will again be the pre-show panel for NXT TakeOver on Saturday. The pre-show starts at 6 p.m. Eastern time, with the main card beginning at 7 p.m.
Quote:
Indies Roundup:
ROH has announced Los Ingobernables de Japon member EVIL for their post-Death Before Dishonor television tapings at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas on September 29. Like with KUSHIDA, he’s just announced for the tapings and not the PPV. The tapings are taking place one day before NJPW’s Fighting Spirit Unleashed show in Long Beach.

A rematch between Marty Scurll and Shane “Hurricane” Helms, Hangman Page vs. Kenny King, Women of Honor Champion Sumie Sakai vs. Tasha Steelz in a non-title proving ground match (Steelz gets a future title shot if she wins), Trent Barreta & Chuck Taylor vs. The Boys, and Vinny Marseglia & TK O’Ryan vs. Coast 2 Coast have been added to ROH’s TV tapings in Philadelphia on August 25.

Revolution Pro Wrestling announced Rocky Romero, Sho & Yoh vs. El Phantasmo & Aussie Open for their show at the Portsmouth Guildhall on September 7.

Johnny Impact (John Hennigan) issued a challenge to the Bullet Club for Chris Jericho’s Rock ‘N’ Wrestling cruise this October.

The full TripleMania card is scheduled to be announced on 8/21, or just four days before the show, at a press conference. That has to be a record. Right now it’s all about the four-way mask match with L.A. Park, Pentagon Jr., Psycho Clown and El Hijo del Fantasma as the only real strong draw
ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ev...v-taping-vegas , RevPro: https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1029779215938404352 , Jericho Cruise: https://twitter.com/jericho_cruise/s...67432831410178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Justin Credible is behind bars for violating a protective order.

According to authorities in Connecticut, Credible was taken into custody on Tuesday and is currently being held on a $7,500 bond.

It’s unclear at this time what the 44-year-old did to violate a protective order, he was also booked for disorderly conduct, but there was an order issued for his wife last year following a domestic dispute.

Credible’s last tweet was on Monday evening. “Welcomening,” he wrote. “The beginning of blood lost sacrifice dreams and hatred. This is become the new show I love lust Hatred and the dreams. There is a new leg and nothing in between where clowns we are just yours we are killers among men welcome to the blood lost faith in dreams.”

We’ll report back once more information is made available by authorities.
Quote:
The next participant in All In’s pre-show battle royal is none other than Billy Gunn.

Gunn was the seventh participant announced for All In’s Over Budget battle royal. He joins Brian Cage (who was announced for the battle royal yesterday), Jordynne Grace, Ethan Page, Colt Cabana, Moose and Rocky Romero. There will be fifteen competitors overall.

The winner of the pre-show battle royal will get a shot at the Ring of Honor world title later on the main card. The pre-show itself, called Zero Hour, will air on WGN America starting at 6 p.m. EDT. The Briscoes taking on the SCU contingent of Christopher Daniels and Scorpio Sky will also take place on the pre-show. Other names slated include Beretta, Chucky T, Dalton Castle and Moose.
Link: https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/stat...27763364593664

Quote:
In a new interview, Daniel Bryan noted that he was leaning towards staying with the WWE.

Bryan was on the Sam Roberts podcast when Roberts noted that since Bryan is featured in the new WWE 2K19 video game, that he might be staying with the WWE beyond September 1 when his contract expires. Bryan said that he didn’t want to give too many details, but did give a probability of the chances of that happening.

“I think at this point it would be 90-plus percent,” he told Roberts. “It’s very likely I’ll re-sign with WWE.”

Bryan further noted that as of the show’s recording, which would be around August 6, that he had not re-signed with the company yet and that it might be a few weeks before negotiations were completed.
Link: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/sam...ast/e/55805679

Quote:
Almost seven months after joining WWE, Ronda Rousey is thinking about extending how long she wants her pro wrestling career to be.

"I love this way more than I ever thought I would," Rousey told ESPN this week.

"We had a set timeline set, and now we aren't so sure about it because I love it so much," Rousey said. "I guess that's the best thing that could've happened, that I would love it so much it would be so hard to stop. I can see why people have a hard time leaving this industry because it's such a joy to be a part of every day."

ESPN noted that the "set timeline" was because Rousey, who is married to UFC fighter Travis Browne and has two stepsons with him, intends to start a family. During the interview, she joked about maybe having her baby be her manager in WWE when that happens.

Rousey is signed to a multi-year contract with WWE.
Link: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/2...end-wwe-career

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Legendary singer and songwriter Aretha Franklin, the internationally renowned "Queen of Soul" passed away this morning from pancreatic cancer. She was 76 years old.

Franklin made several appearances at WWE's flagship PPV event, Wrestlemania. Franklin opened the iconic Wrestlemania III at the Pontiac Silverdome in 1987, performing "America the Beautiful" with Vince McMahon introducing her.

When Wrestlemania returned to Detroit, Michigan twenty years later in 2007, Franklin returned to again perform the song ...

WWE issued the following:

WWE is saddened to learn that legendary singer and songwriter Aretha Franklin has passed away. The multi-time Grammy Award winner performed a rousing rendition of “America the Beautiful” at WrestleMania III and again at WrestleMania 23. WWE extends its condolences to her family, friends and fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
There was a question in today's Ask PWInsider about who takes over WWE if Vince can't continue. Trips and Steph were mentioned as taking over creative. Folks at PWInsider have often stated that the wished Shane McMahon would have more control. What's his status "company" wise, and, what the possibility of his inheriting some control?

Shane McMahon has no power from a corporate sense. He is a performer, no different from any other pro wrestler on the roster, although he does get to give his creative input and has helped put together big matches, including Royal Rumbles together. He is not currently an executive for the company.

Quote:
On Thursday’s edition of the “Art of Wrestling” podcast, Colt Cabana acknowledged the lawsuit that was filed last week against CM Punk but wasn’t going to discuss it in any detail. He did state that the story of him being backstage a WWE house show after the lawsuit by Dr. Amann had been filed, was incorrect. Cabana stated the last time he was at a WWE show was probably around four years ago when he recorded a podcast with Hornswoggle.
Link: https://soundcloud.com/coltcabana

Quote:
The Ring of Honor/New Japan Pro Wrestling show on 4/6 in Madison Square Garden sold out on 8/10 less than 19 minutes after the public on-sale began ... While ROH officials would not release a gate number, it was confirmed to be well in excess of $1 million, making it the largest gate for a non-WWE pro wrestling gate not only in the United States, but likely anywhere in the world except for the Far East.

The previous largest gate for a non-WWE show in North America was $1 million, set on September 11, 2014, for the Atlantis vs. Ultimo Guerrero mask vs. mask mach at Arena Mexico. The largest ever in the United States was $930,735 set on January 4, 1999, for an episode of Nitro at the Georgia Dome. The Hulk Hogan vs. Bill Goldberg gate at the Georgia Dome months earlier was $906,330. It is possible this would be the second largest gate ever for a pro wrestling show in Madison Square Garden for wrestling, trailing WrestleMania 20 that did $2,401,000. It was the fastest sellout since WrestleMania 20 in Madison Square Garden, and second fastest of all-time. It sold out farther in advance than any pro wrestling event at the Garden. And it was the first Madison Square Garden sellout for pro wrestling since 2015.
Quote:
Regarding Penta 0M and Rey Fenix, who WWE has expressed interest in, they are under contract to Lucha Underground. They have told promoters they are working for that the deal would end with this season, as there was an opt-out. If that’s the case, they would be free agents roughly six months after the last episode of the current season ends. Obviously several companies, AAA and Impact (who work together) would like to sign them up and both are strongly in AAA’s plans going forward. So they are another set of wrestlers to watch.

The thing is with Fenix is that we’ve already seen with Gran Metalik what can happen with a super high flyer, although Fenix speaks good English and Penta is learning, and Penta cuts an awesome Spanish promo. Still, we’ve had people bring up Metalik and Super Crazy (who was a super worker when he went to WWE and did nothing there, although this is a very different generation when it comes to open mindedness regarding talent) and also noted that Penta’s physique and size aren’t the type that Vince McMahon would normally push
Quote:
Week three of World of Sport on ITV on 8/11 fell to 539,000 viewers, another 11 percent drop. It was hurt because Premiere League soccer started this past weekend. When you figure that ITV was doing 1.5 million viewers with a game show in that time slot, this is really bad. ITV’s goal for the time slot would be second place, but it was only in fifth place including losing to a soccer game on BT Sports that did 546,000 viewers. BT Sports is a sports subscription channel while ITV is the No. 2 broadcast network available in virtually all homes.

One major U.K. wrestling figure said that besides all the quick camera cuts, the problem is they’ve made no connection between the audience and the characters, which is one of the reasons for the declining numbers. Even in shows like Ninja Warriors on ITV, they give you vignettes to introduce everyone. An issue is that those involved with the show react to all the criticism with the idea it’s not designed for hardcore wrestling fans, but for the general public. The problem, and this goes for the U.S. and the U.K., is that there is a hardcore audience that is more into wrestling than ever before and more willing to pay for it, but as far as the casual audience goes, it’s never been smaller except during the low points in industry history
Quote:
It appears Rey Mysterio Jr. has either actually signed here or if not pen to paper, it’s now virtually a sure thing he’s coming. Northeast Wrestling posted that he has pulled out of his 8/24 date in Pittsfield, MA due to WWE contractual obligations. In actuality, WWE was wanting him to rest up and not risk a knee injury before he starts up and while we don’t know the start date, he is not doing any shows after 9/2. Because he’s been gone every weekend, the feeling was to limit his dates and he did a farewell to Northeast Wrestling at the Wappingers Falls, NY show, and with Japan and All In, it was an agreement with all parties involved to have him not work the date to allow him to rest up, since he doesn’t want to miss All In.

The Crash never got Rey back to drop their world heavyweight title to Bestia 666, which seemed to be a direction at one point. WWE wants to announce his signing on their own and throughout this I was told that if he signs, nobody can say anything until WWE makes the announcement. He has been very close to a deal for months and pretty much everyone considered it just working out final terms and that he’d be there very soon. He is still doing All In and the last date he has left on his schedule at this point is a 9/2 show in Chicago for Warrior Wrestling, so the teased New Japan stuff done over the past few months for matches with Marty Scurll, Kazuchika Okada, Jushin Liger and Will Ospreay isn’t happening unless something drastic changes
Quote:
All the social media teases regarding The Four Horsewomen are that they are planning a Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen match at Survivor Series, which takes place 11/18 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. This was also planned and angles were shot for that in 2017, but they didn’t do it then. But now there is definitely talk of it we’ve heard from several people and teases are being sent out. Whether they pull the trigger on it or not, who knows, since even though both are getting heavily praised, Marina Shafir has only had two matches so far and Jessamyn Duke hasn’t had anything but practice matches. Both are being brought to Takeover this weekend.

The feeling is Rousey is great on the big stage when the match is completely laid out, Shayna Baszler is clearly ready, Shafir had a successful debut built around using her judo which she does well, and Duke is getting real raves for her potential. A few different people told me that in the end, she’s going to end up as the best of the four. Having said that, since personality is so much a part of this, I don’t know how she’s going to be able to be her character like Baszler is, because Baszler does that better than almost anyone at the same stage, and Rousey is still learning but she’s got a superstar aura that nobody can teach and few can create. It’s also a potential match a few weeks earlier for Evolution, although the date we were told was Survivors at Staples Center
Quote:
Ultimo Ninja is in Orlando already but Garza Jr., who was supposed to be in, still hasn’t arrived. I do know that he was worried that when doing medicals that he was worried that his shoulder could be a problem and we’ve heard talk he may not be coming in at all. The Garza Jr. thing may have fallen apart due to that injury. I was told this past week that they didn’t think he was coming in. Garza Jr. then said in Mexico that he won’t be wrestling for four to six months, but is still looking for bookings and meet and greets and was announced as a referee at the next Crash show
Quote:
We now know why Matt Hardy has been teasing changes to his WWE status in a series of recent cryptic tweets. The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Hardy is scheduled to take some time off due to injuries.

Hardy recently revealed that his lower back and pelvis have started fusing together, and while the pain isn't too bad, it is frustrating. Hardy is planning on starting new training rehab methods that should help with the pain.

Hardy and Bray Wyatt's match against The Revival and RAW Tag Team Champions The B Team on Monday's RAW was done as the blow-off to The Deleters of Worlds tag team, as Hardy teased in his post-show tweet with Wyatt.

There has been talk of Hardy shadowing WWE producers to "learn the ropes" with the idea of him working a producer job in the future.

Hardy is scheduled to undergo treatments for his various injuries and after that is done, a decision will be made in regards to a possible ring return, what capacity he might return in and if he will have to work a limited schedule.
Quote:
The three indie wrestlers who worked as The Triple Threat for the handicap squash with SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Bludgeon Brothers on Tuesday's show were local talents Brad Attitude, Matt Lynch and ChrisifiX.

The indie wrestler who lost to Hideo Itami on this week's WWE 205 Live episode was local talent Tracer X, who used the name Trent Newman.
Quote:
Randy Orton apparently joked about some of the recent allegations against him during the dark main event at Tuesday's WWE TV tapings in Greenville, South Carolina ...

Orton approached some of the WWE staffers at ringside before the match and offered his hand for a shake, shaking the hand of one guy while laughing. The whole group then broke out in laughter.

This appeared to be a crack at the recent sexual harassment allegations against the WWE veteran. Former WWE writer Court Bauer noted in an older MLW Podcast that Orton would greet new WWE creative writers by putting his hand down his pants, pulling out his penis, touching himself and then introducing himself ...

Those allegations recently resurfaced on Reddit and were picked up by mainstream media outlets. WWE responded to media inquires and noted that they were looking into the matter but it's believed that there will be no action taken. The reaction from Orton and the WWE crew members could be a sign of how the allegations are being looked at within the company.

• For those interested, Sports Illustrated had a recent article on the history of the Dave Meltzer's star ratings system and the effect its had on the wrestling industry. https://www.si.com/wrestling/2018/08...tings-wwe-njpw
  • Impact Wrestling recently announced the card for their next One Night Only PPV event on August 25th. https://www.pwinsider.com/article/11...-view.html?p=1
  • According to the Observer, Batista is considering the idea of one more run in the WWE before officially retiring from wrestling.
  • Recent rumor going online hints at WWE, Warrior's estate, or someone else has been quietly white washing Warrior's bigoted past from the internet. Got discovered by Deadspin's David Bixenspan while he was working on an upcoming episode for his podcast show. https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1029935765445390337

Old 08-16-2018, 09:54 PM   #2152
slik
Trickster Demon

Quote:

Chris Jericho will star in a horror film for Kevin Smith, that is currently filming:

https://www.slashfilm.com/kevin-smit...as-here-movie/
Old 08-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #2153
slik
Trickster Demon

Quote:
Sasha Banks accidentally told a reporter SummerSlam 2019 would be in Los Angeles
-credit ProwrestlingSheet

I guess Los Angeles and Toronto would be polar opposites -- will be interesting to see who nabs it. If it's LA I hope they do Dodger Stadium instead of Staples Center.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #2154
Mr. Nerfect

The rumor is they want to take SummerSlam to stadiums, isn't it?
Old 08-17-2018, 10:18 PM   #2155
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Joey Janela's Lost in New York event:

SPOILER: show
Voices of Wrestling recently reported Vince/WWE are currently leaning towards Brock Lesnar retaining the Universal Championship over Reigns at SummerSlam. Place I read the rumor from made no mention of Braun so its possible he won't be cashing in or also loses to Lesnar at SummerSlam.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible Universal Championship plans at SummerSlam.

Quote:
Although Sasha Banks said that SummerSlam weekend next year would be in Los Angeles in an interview this week, WWE has said that they have not announced the city, but it would not be Los Angeles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
Tenille Dashwood said that she had to pull out of this weekend's ROH U.K. show due to psoriasis, which she has battled since she was a teenager and aid this has been the worse case of her life, triggered when she was sick. She said there is no cure but it feels like burns and its tearing her skin all over her body and it's almost undbearable. She said she worked with it but it escalated and she was recently hospitalized.

Pro Wrestling Revolver on 10/20 in Des Moines, IA at the Val Air Ballroom with PCO v. Walter plus Rich Swann, Jake & Dave Crist, Sami Callihan, Dezmond Xavier, Zachary Wentz, Shane Strickland and Ace Romero.

Impact vs. NGW on Twitch Sunday at 4 p.m. with Sami Callihan vs. Matt Cross, Rich Swann & Matt Sydal vs. AR Fox & Menace, Moose vs Hoodrich, Eli Drake vs. Joey Ryan, Myron Reed vs. Trevor Lee, Su Yung vs. Nicole Pain and more.

SoCal Pro on 9/15 in Vista, CA at the Boys & Girls Club with Penta 0M vs,. Ultimo Dragon, managed by Sonny Onoo.

Lucha Underground’s television viewership dropped 15% this week with 97,000 viewers tuning in on Wednesday on the El Rey Network. The show featured The Mack, Son of Havoc & Killshot defending the Trios championships against The Reptile Tribe, which was set up in the opening segment.

Satoshi Kojima returns to New Japan Pro Wrestling on Sunday, September 9th on the Road to Destruction tour following an ACL injury this past January. Kojima will be turning 48 years old next month. They have not announced who Kojima will be working with for his return.

MLW has announced that Low Ki will defend the MLW title against Rey Fenix on September 6th at their television tapings in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. That same show is headlined by a War Games Match and will also feature Pentagon Jr. vs. LA Park in a Mexican Massacre Match, as well as PCO taking on Brody King. The card takes place from the War Memorial Auditorium.
Dashwood: https://twitter.com/TenilleDashwood/...32117057470467 , Kojima: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmjKBbCA...glish_official

Quote:
There is some talk in Tennessee regarding adding to the ballot a measure where they would vote on building a new stadium for a Major League Soccer team. The stadium site would be the site of the Fairgrounds in Nashville, which, if it goes on the ballot and passes, would mean the end of the legendary wrestling arena.
Link: https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...dum/990395002/

Quote:
Chris Jericho recently revealed that he had pitched an idea that would have pitted him, the IWGP Intercontinental champion, against the WWE Intercontinental champion at the time, Seth Rollins.

Jericho mentioned in the latest episode of Talk is Jericho that he recently pitched the idea to “a certain head of a certain wrestling company”.

“I’ve got something for you,” he recalled when pitching the idea. “Boffo box office. I said what do you think about Intercontinental champion vs. Intercontinental champion: Jericho vs. Rollins?”

Jericho continued, saying that the match would wind up ending in a disqualification, with Rollins’ next challenger coming in and attacking. He also would have had time to come in and set up the angle on the Raw go-home show. He later went on to say that while it got a decent response, he never heard back from the company. Rollins is also no longer the Intercontinental champion, as he lost the title to Dolph Ziggler back on June 18.

Chris Jericho has been IWGP Intercontinental champion since June 9, when he defeated Tetsuya Naito at Dominion. He hasn’t appeared on New Japan programing since, though in his last appearance seemed to set up an angle between him and EVIL.
Link: https://omny.fm/shows/talk-is-jerich...eview-fullshow

Quote:
Coming off a 32-percent drop in viewership for last week's show, Impact Wrestling ratings managed to rebound a bit on Thursday night.

Last night's episode averaged 210,000 viewers on Pop TV, up from 168,000 viewers for the previous week's Impact. Last Thursday was the third-lowest number for a new episode of Impact since the company debuted on Pop.
Quote:
Jan Murphy at The Whig-Standard spoke with Jeff Hardy during an international media call ahead of SummerSlam this Sunday. Hardy addressed his physical issues he is working through noting the schedule he is keeping up with the WWE and limiting the use of the Swanton. He stated that his back is doing better than it was a few weeks prior but has dealt with nerve issues with his elbow that led to his hand being asleep for seven weeks until regaining the feeling recently. He added that two goals were to have a Hell in a Cell match (which is the September pay-per-view) and to do an Ultimate Deletion match in the WWE. When his DUI charge from this past year was brought up and the recent WWE Network special, Hardy stated:

Talking about all that stuff was hard. It just sucked. I was really nervous before I watched, but after watching it, I was like, ‘Wow, that was honest, and open, and raw, and I was really pleased with the outcome of it all.’ But … I’m not going to lie, it was tough and I’ll be starting my community service this week for my recent arrest. But everything’s over, I’ve just got to make everything right now, and I’m underway and that was my first and last DUI.
Link: https://www.thewhig.com/entertainmen...hardy-reflects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightful.com
In one of the few interviews he has done since being reinstated by WWE, Hulk Hogan said that those who did not accept his return to the good graces of the company and reinstatement to the WWE Hall of Fame were not living up to the brotherhood that professional wrestlers share.

Appearing on the debut episode of the Apter Cast, the new podcast from longtime wrestling reporter/photographer Bill Apter, Hogan talked extensively about being blackballed by WWE in 2015 after audio leaked of racist comments he made on a sex tape. WWE management ultimately welcomed Hogan back to the company, and he addressed the entire main roster prior to the Extreme Rules pay-per-view in July where he issued a wholesale apology for his racial comments.

"A lot of people accepted my apology," Hogan said on the podcast. "And a lot of people heard what they wanted to hear and a lot of the narrative that came out of the meeting was on point. A lot of the narrative was really different. I was surprised to hear some people interpreted what I said that I was just sorry I got caught. I'm on camera, whatever they interpreted, but I never said that."

After Hogan met with current WWE talent, several African-American members of the roster made public remarks still questioning Hogan's comments and motivations. Titus O'Neil said Hogan lacked true remorse while the New Day -- Kofi Kingston, Big E and Xavier Woods -- issued a collective statement on Kofi's Twitter account that they were "indifferent" to Hogan's reinstatement and found it difficult to forget.

"I just hope the brotherhood can get back to the way it was," Hogan added, drawing a parallel to how wrestlers protect one another from injury during a match. "Outside the ring, you're supposed to protect your brother. In this case, it's a situation where 75, 80, 90 percent of the wrestlers are protecting me and they're giving me another chance to move forward. There's just a few wrestlers that don't understand the bond and the brotherhood of wrestling. If someone makes a mistake, you need to forgive them and move on and try to let them prove themselves.”

Hogan added that, at the meeting at Extreme Rules, he asked if anyone had any questions for him. The only person to stand and ask a question was Mark Henry.

"I just wanted to be able to, if anybody had any questions or anybody had anything to say at that time, I really just wanted them to say it to my face so I could address it," Hogan said. "Hopefully understand the issue and get them to understand me."
Link: https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/h...hood-wrestling

Quote:
Earlier today it was announced Jimmy Jacobs will be involved in The Over Budget Battle Hour at All In: Zero Hour. 8 of the 15 entrants have now been announced for the match: Jordynne Grace, Moose, Rocky Romero, Colt Cabana, Ethan Page, Brian Cage, Billy Gunn, and Jacobs.

Jimmy Jacobs is ALL IN #ZeroHour

September 1st on @wgnamerica pic.twitter.com/Eqsn3diExc
— All In (@ALL_IN_2018) August 17, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/ALL_IN_2018/stat...90269085949954

Quote:
Matt Jackson announced TGI Fridays will be a sponsor for "All In." The restaurant currently has All-In deal including one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert for $10.

Go #ALLIN at @TGIFridays, one of the official sponsors of @ALL_IN_2018! https://t.co/7v37JHJThn pic.twitter.com/u3fyjcKeDQ
— The Young Bucks (@MattJackson13) August 17, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/st...86709895233536

Quote:
WWE recently filed for new trademarks on the following Superstar names: Mike Kanellis, Bobby Lashley, Sonya Deville, Sarah Logan and Mandy Rose.

• In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, AJ Styles recently surpassed JBL to become the longest ever reigning WWE champion in Smackdown Brand Split Era history. Styles recently commented on the milestone: https://youtu.be/BOkVxXV3MQo

Old 08-17-2018, 11:32 PM   #2156
Mr. Nerfect

JBL to become the new top heel manager to lead an army against Styles to dethrone him.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #2157
Mr. Nerfect

Would love to see a WrestleMania in Tennessee, frankly.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #2158
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

I'm all for both happening.
Old 08-18-2018, 02:28 AM   #2159
slik
Trickster Demon

Quote:
The rumor is they want to take SummerSlam to stadiums, isn't it?
Yeah, rumor has it both Rumble And SummerSlam will be more medium-sized stadiums going forward.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #2160
slik
Trickster Demon

***HOT NEWS*** courtesy of the Barnburner Podcast again

Quote:
Daniel Bryan & Dolph Ziggler both declined to sign new contracts w/ WWE