TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2018, 05:37 PM   #1
Outsider
Just Some Guy

Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)Outsider has 75,000 or more rep points (75,000+)
World of Sport - SPOILERS and stuff

Did anyone else watch the first episode on ITV this evening?

Was slightly less impressed than I had hoped given the talent they had.

The five way opener was a bit dull. Wasn't familiar with any of the names in the match, nor massively impressed by any of them. The commentators kept bigging up the fact that bloke was from Love Island (which I'm sure had nothing to do with the fact it is another ITV show) which was just annoying, although he did at least look like he belonged there. The fact none of them even really got an entrance or introduction meant it was hard to care about who won.

Osprey vs Bulldog was actually a great match, although Osprey is the most recognizable name from an actual wrestling fan perspective so odd decision to job him out. Should be used to promote the legitimacy of the company by having a big international star involved.

Tag match was meh. Nothing good nor bad but an opening round of a tournament so not going to complain to much.

I get the logic of moving the belt off of Grado, but again, no build for Rampage means it is difficult to care. Didn't care about Grado either so just all around apathy for that decision.

It all felt a bit rushed and like they were trying to cram a lot of action into an hour. The whole show seemed to act like everyone watching would know who these stars were and be familiar with the names. Given I watch British indie wrestling and still hadn't heard of half of them that seemed an odd decision for a show mostly aimed at a casual audience. Should have done similar to how WWE approached introducing the UK stars and given each a bit of time to introduce themselves and build their character up, and left the title change for a few weeks time.

Still hopeful, but certainly not the start I wanted to see. Be interesting to see how it compares to the NXT UK stuff being taped tonight.
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote