TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 11-17-2018, 02:35 PM   #41
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan X View Post
Oh man I think 98 is the best year by far. What do you like in 2000?
I like 96 the best. 2000 had the Credible, Corino and Lynn feud which i thought was really fun. They had great matches amoungst each other. Tajiri/Mikey /Sinister Minister vs FBI was a really great tag team feud. Rhino really coming into his own. CW Anderson really came along as well. Saw him vs RVD at the show I went to. Great match. Fresh talent like Hott Commodity, Christian York and Joey Matthews debuting.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #42
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I had friends in middle school that followed ECW, so I always knew what was going on, but could never watch it until they were on TNN. Watched the TNN show and loved it.
DaveWadding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:57 PM   #43
Maluco
Reigning Tipsters Champ!

Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Maluco got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
So many good memories of this. I though Raven was the coolest guy in the business at the time and RVD was an amazing character and his athleticism was amazing at the time.

Never really had time for the Dudleyz or Sabu for some reason. Just didn’t appeal to me. Was big into Taz, Mike Awesome and how emotional and high stakes they always made Dreamer and Terry Funk matches.

Obviously the 90’s was seedy and a dangerous time to be in the business, but ECW always seemed to make everything seem so important and relevant at a time when there were two giant companies and they shouldn’t have even had a chance.

It was a testament to all the creativity and booking that guys were much more then the sum of their parts and things meant a lot more than they should have.
Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #44
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
First ECW match I saw was Tommy Dreamer vs. Vampire Warrior. Same show had highlights from Sandman vs. Cactus Jack in a Barbed Wire Match. I liked Jack for years and thought I would check it out the next week. Said next week had highlights from one of the classics between Dean Malenko and Eddie Guerrero. I was almost done with wrestling at that point in my life, but Malenko and Guerrero was what got me back into it.

I remember a few things around that time...

1. I was late to the party as far as Raven's ECW debut. But he was such a different persona, I didn't realize he was the obnoxious heels Scotty Flamingo and Johnny Polo. It took me until his world title reign, when he cut this promo and did the obnoxious heel laugh with the vintage ECW post-match promo hairstyle (hairnet to hold the bloody gauze on their head). Also, while his matches fell into a lot of the tropes of what ECW represented, he had the best angles in all of wrestling at the time, with Dreamer and Sandman.
2. I remember the brief runs of Dr. Death, Terry Gordy, and I saw one of Austin's ECW matches.
3. Before there was WWE Sign Guy, there was ECW Sign Guy (who was parodied with Sign Guy Dudley). Before there was Frank the Clown, there was Hawaiian Shirt Guy and Faith No More Guy, who were at EVERY ECW event (and you'll see them at a few WWF shows in New York and Philly, as well) And they always seemed to be front row center of Hard Cam.
4. While the "Extreme" stuff had its point and is the stereotypical thing people paid to see, it was the actual Wrestling that impressed me. The Malenkos, the Guerreros, the Scorpios, the Douglas', the Candidos, and the Jerichos.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:59 PM   #45
Theo Dious
EATER OF HOT POCKETS

Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Theo Dious got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Was never into it. My college roommate in 98-99 used to get his hands on some tapes and it looked like a bunch of clowns and not-good-enough-for-WWE guys. Also my roommate was a total douche so that didn't help.
Theo Dious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #46
Loose Cannon
I'm all there is

Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Loose Cannon got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple A View Post
Hardcore TV was on like Friday nights at 1 AM here so I would watch it randomly sometimes, but didn't really get into it until like 1997 or 1998.

I went to like 5 or 6 shows. The most fun wrestling shows I've ever been to by far... Nothing else has ever come even close 2 the crowd atmosphere...

Favs were Sabu, Tajiri, Taz, RVD, Dudleys :-)

Feel like CW Anderson was freaking sweet and very underrated... Remember him almost always having a really great match

Never liked Shane Douglas and Justin Credible... Also tbh always kinda thought Tommy Dreamer was boring

yeah it was on late as shit in Westchester but would watch it from time to time. D'von Dudley lived right up the road from me in an apartment and got to meet him once so i was into the Dudleys just because of that. I liked Impact Players and Raven as well.

I didn't even know about ECW until about 97 so i didn't get to see any of the stuff beforehand until really the Network starting airing them
Loose Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote