TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 05-06-2016, 08:41 PM   #25321
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Hahaha, I've had the same thoughts myself, don't worry.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:45 PM   #25322
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
Yeah, it does, but you don't really need to bring that up.
There's not much to learn about him from the wiki article other than that.

Well, I could have maybe mentioned he was arrested for spitting at his wife.
Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 09:08 PM   #25323
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE Bad News Friday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WWE released at least eight performers today: Wade Barrett, Hornswoggle, Cameron, Alex Riley, Zeb Colter, El Torito, Santino Marella, and Damien Sandow. As per usual, most of these performers had not been used on TV much lately, except in a few cases. Wade Barret had already made it known that he was not going to re-sign in June when his current contract expired. Hornswaggle had not been used at all in many months especially after his wellness policy failure and suspension.
Observer hinting the domestic market for all of the recently released won't be as good as in past years due to the bigger companies having full rosters or money problems and the smaller ones not making good money these days. Also Pro Wrestling Sheet teased there are more names set to be announced for the roster cleaning.

Quote:
Just a few hours after several WWE talents were released, two of those talents are already booked for Global Force Wrestling/WrestlePro shows.

Hornswoggle and Zeb Colter have both been announced for the June 11 show in Keyport, New Jersey. You can check out the announcements from Global Force Wrestling below. Hornswoggle will be using the name 'Swoggle.'
Promoter of WrestlePro already hinted at the possibility of doing a WeeLC match with Swoogle for the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former NXT Tag Team champion Wesley Blake is out with a MCL injury.
WWE's hottest group The Injured Guys stable claimed a new member

Quote:
Tamina underwent an undisclosed operation this past week and is back out of action.
Quote:
Bobby Roode was briefly advertised for the NXT UK tour by the WWE's Twitter this morning, but the tweet was later pulled.

While not official, the belief is that both Roode and Eric Young will be signed and officially part of the NXT roster soon ...

Young wrestled Samoa Joe on this week's NXT TV show, losing clean in the middle to Joe's choke sleeper. He hadn't signed a deal but the feeling was it was a tryout of sorts, and he did well enough in the match and on the microphone that it was expected he'd end up with a deal.

Young had done an interview with Niagara This Week claiming that he was working on a deal, but that it wasn't signed and sealed yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 5/5 episode of Smackdown did 2,346,000 viewers, up from last week's 2,109,000 viewers.
Quote:
TMZ found Stephanie McMahon and asked her if Chyna was going to go into the WWE Hall of Fame. Triple H, when asked about this on the Stone Cold Podcast last year, basically shot the idea down, saying it was a double-edged sword because she had contributed so much to the business, but at the same time if some 8-year-old heard she went into the Hall of Fame and didn't know who she was, they might Google her and come across all sorts of unsavory material. Well, Steph, on the spot with a TMZ camera in her face, said there was no denying the contributions she had made to the business and of course she was going to be inducted. Hunter has also softened his stance since her passing so it appears a lock she will be going in.
Quote:
BRISCOE/RODERICK STRONG VS. HIROSHI TANAHASHI/TOMOHIRO ISHII/KAZUCHIKA OKADA

ACH VS. TETSUYA NAITO

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT
REDRAGON (KYLE O'REILLY & BOBBY FISH) VS. WAR MACHINE (RAYMOND ROWE & HANSON) VS. THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN)

MARK BRISCOE VS. JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER

ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN VS. RPG VICE (ROCKY ROMERO & BERRETA)

LIO RUSH VS. MOOSE W/ STOKELY HATHAWAY VS. DALTON CASTLE W/ THE BOYS VS. MICHAEL ELGIN

SILAS YOUNG VS. KUSHIDA

CEDRIC ALEXANDER W/ VEDA SCOTT VS. DONOVAN DIJAK W/ PRINCE NANA

ANX (RHETT TITUS & KENNY KING) VS. GUERRILAS OF DESTINY (TAMA TONGA & TANGA ROA)

MATT SYDAL VS. GEDO
Current card for the upcoming ROH-NJPW ppv in New York.

Quote:
The planned deal for AAA to return to PPV in North America looks like it's not happening. Court Bauer, who brokered both that deal and AAA's deal with The Fight Network, is cutting his ties with both AAA and Lucha Underground at the end of the month. With his being gone, the PPV deal for the World Cup and TripleMania this year is off. The belief is the 6/5 show from Los Palacios del Deportes in Mexico City will air on iPPV.
The situation for Mexico's AAA is getting pretty dire with some speculation the company might end up folding or collapsing within the near future. Would be a huge hit to Lucha Underground if it does happen (or AAA continued struggling problems).

Quote:
Angelico’s injury suffered when he did a springboard move and landed badly on his elbow, was a dislocated elbow and fractured radius cup. He is expected to be out of action for about two months.
Update on Angelico's injury from last week's Season 3 tapings for Lucha Underground.

Quote:
Priscilla Kelly, who managed Scorpio Sky in a dark match at last week’s tapings, is a 19-year-old reality TV star from “My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding” which airs on TLC. We’re told WWE is aware of her, but right now they have an unwritten rule about not hiring women until they get to be 20 years old.
Quote:
When ROH COO Joe Koff was on The Ross Report this past week, he mentioned that there has been internal discussion about the television show expanding to two hours. He also said he was open to a deal if WWE wanted to license the company’s archives for the network or for features since a lot of the talent came through ROH.
Quote:
TNA is attempting to restructure the contracts of all or at least most of the key talent to where they are in control of all their bookings. This is likely a move to have everyone under exclusive deals that they control the schedule of as part of a sale. A lot of the top guys who worked heavy indie schedules and were names coming in have deals where they are under contract to TNA but they book themselves on their off days. The newer contracts with the guys most recently signed put TNA in charge of booking their non-TNA dates. The new deals are for significant money, as they would have to be when you figure that the Hardys, just as an example, can do several thousand dollars a night on a good night in indies between their pay and photo and merchandise money and their trans and hotels are taken care of. Others with names also do well with outside bookings and don’t want to give it up so it’s not an easy decision. The speculation is they want everyone exclusive so they can use that as asset value in the sale.

Whether that means if/when the big deal is consummated that the promotion will be looking at doing a regular house show schedule would make sense, but that’s all speculation and details of negotiations are being kept very quiet. Obviously the people involved have been asking questions as to why the deals are attempting to be restructured and not really gotten answers nor is anyone being told what the sale situation is. Although at least one person was told that when all was said and done when it came to the acquiring of a new investor/owner, the claim was that Dixie Carter and John Gaburick would still be in control. They are also back to offering some fairly significant money deals to those not with the company, similar to what they were doing a few months back.
Quote:
More on the incident with Ric Flair after tapings on 4/27 at Logan International Airport in Boston, according to Massachusetts State police spokesperson Dave Procopio, is that Flair was waiting to board a Delta flight when he tripped and hit his head on a metal stanchion. State Troopers and an EMT were called and he received medical attention for a cut on his head and was told to rest for a short time. He missed a flight but was booked on the next flight. This was a major story for a day, but ended up being a non-story once the police officers stated that he wasn’t drunk. Flair had an incredible amount of heat on him because the company hates talent being in TMZ, which gave the impression he was drunk and Flair has been in trouble in the past after the situation at the 2013 SummerSlam video game conference interview. The night before Flair used the line “kill yourself” to Natalya at the Smackdown tapings, but since it was a taped show, they edited it out. When the story first broke, there was a lot of talk about what to do because the company doesn’t like TMZ stories that claim talent was drunk, particularly with Ric’s back story. But by later in the afternoon everything was fine, basically once the police reports came out that said he wasn’t drunk and had just tripped and hit his head, it became a non-story.
Quote:
The latest on the Jimmy Snuka homicide case regarding the 1983 death of Nancy Argentino is that Judge Kelly Banach will hear from mental health experts on 5/13 before deciding whether Snuka is competent to stand trial. If the decision is that Snuka, 72, is not mentally fit for trial, the case could be stalled indefinitely. Some defendants who are declared mentally incompetent for trial are sent to a mental hospital until competence is re-established, but I don’t know would happen in this case. Snuka’s attorney Robert Kirwan, claimed Snuka suffers from post-concussion syndrome and doesn’t understand what he’s being accused of, and that he has trouble remembering the names of family members and didn’t recognize his attorney. Prosecutor Charles Gallagher claimed that Snuka’s mental health was talked about during the grand jury process and detectives with him saw no signs he was mentally impaired. Kirwan refused to share the report from Dr. Frank Dattilio that the defense made regarding Snuka’s mental competency.
Quote:
Ten days later, Vince called again. He warned me that he was about to tell me something that would make me really angry: Hogan was flat-out refusing to put me over, saying I wasn’t in his league. Vince had decided that Yoko would be getting the belt instead. I couldn’t believe that Hogan would do this to me. I remembered him shaking my hand at WrestleMania IX, and telling me he’d be happy to return the favor. Vince said he’d have one more meeting with Hogan to try to sell him on it, but if he didn’t go for it, I’d work with Lawler at SummerSlam -instead.

Hogan didn’t go for it. I wanted to believe that Vince hadn’t told me the whole story, and I made up my mind to confront Hogan as soon as he’d dropped the belt to Yoko. I’d wait till then, because it didn’t seem right for me to change Yoko’s destiny.

I showed up in the dressing room for King of the Ring in a dark mood and promptly drew a blackboard cartoon of Beefcake with his face buried in Hogan’s ass cheeks with a caption that read, “Be careful, Brutus, you don’t want to loosen the screws in your face . . . speaking of screws . . .” I was taking my frustration out on Beefcake, which wasn’t right, but I was too pissed off to know it at the time.
Bret Hart story from back in the day regarding Mania IX from his book.

Some other sheet news includes:
  • WWE recently announced the dates for the second UK tour later this year. http://www.pwinsider.com/article/101...dates.html?p=1
  • Jim Cornette and The Young Bucks along with Kenny Omega got involved in another Twitter feud recently. This time starting after Cornette called Omega a bad wrestler and his comedic stuff as evidence for his stance. https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/st...01970706534401
  • Lita recently praised WWE's current women's division for their hard work on helping to change the perception of the division in the WWE. https://www.instagram.com/p/BFFBqSGgbrn/
  • According to reports from today's NXT house show, NXT wrestler Kenneth Crawford suffered a serious injury during his match. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...chered_out_at/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Only 9 out of the 28 "rookies" involved in NXT season's era are currently still with the WWE. Baring any sudden changes, pretty much guaranteed to be down to at least 8 during the summer once Ryback leaves. Also out of the 9 remaining, only 7 are active wrestlers (Otunga and Byron Saxton being the non-active members). https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...al_nxt_series/
  • For reasons unknown, Adam Rose recently reposted his doctor's note on social media as part of his protest against his recent Wellness suspension.
  • Eric Young had a recent interview with website NiagaraThisWeek with some highlights including currently working on getting an official WWE contract done and his feelings about leaving TNA. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...ntract-status/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:34 AM   #25324
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So when do you think we get Triple H vs. Shane McMahon? SummerSlam or before then? I'm still hoping for Triple H vs. Seth Rollins, but I'm really starting to think that Rollins comes back as a heel.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:39 AM   #25325
Mr. Nerfect

Apparently Chris Hero and Zack Sabre, Jr. had a bit of a barnburner at EVOLVE 60. Hero looks ridiculous, but is sort of amazing when you look at what a fucking great wrestler he is. Matt Riddle is still turning heads. He's had like less than 30 matches and there are some that seem to be getting **** level critical reception from people.

And also:

SPOILER: show
EC3 showed up to help Drew Galloway against Johnny Gargano.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:53 AM   #25326
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sixx makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Checked out Chikara roster and it's ridiculous.

Arctic Rescue Ant
Fire Ant
Silver Ant
Soldier Ant
Worker Ant
Old 05-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #25327
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Interesting "Did you know". Kerry Von Erich was a frontrunner for the part of Ivan Drago in Rocky 4 but lost of course to Dolph Lundgren. Nikita Koloff was also considered for the role.
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:57 AM   #25328
Vastardikai
Taller than Adam Cole

Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Vastardikai makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I can't see Kerry as a Russian.

Nikita could have pulled it off, but wasn't as imposing as Lundren. And Koloff is damned imposing.
Vastardikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 12:15 PM   #25329
Mercenary
New Arcade God

Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)Mercenary got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad News Gertner View Post
Interesting "Did you know". Kerry Von Erich was a frontrunner for the part of Ivan Drago in Rocky 4 but lost of course to Dolph Lundgren. Nikita Koloff was also considered for the role.

Bull shit
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #25330
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Bull Fit
Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:01 PM   #25331
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
Bull shit
Apparently it's actually true
Old 05-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #25332
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Awesome Scott Steiner/Sid story. When both were just starting out pre WCW (I believe it was Memphis) Scott Steiner gave Sid a belly to back suplex. Sid landed awkwardly and broke his rib. Sid then went back stage and slapped the shit out of Scott. Scott then drilled Sid in the broken ribs which punctured Sid lung!
Old 05-08-2016, 08:11 PM   #25333
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Ow.
Volare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:17 PM   #25334
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
Bull shit
Even I heard about it. Von Erich, I mean. Don't recall anything about Koloff.

Supposedly Terry Funk was friends with Stallone and recommended Von Erich for the role, but his audition sucked or something.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:19 PM   #25335
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Kerry Von Erich was as dumb and a pile of bricks. Supposedly Koloff's name had been thrown around but he was never as close to being considered as Kerry was.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:46 PM   #25336
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Kerry Von Erich was as dumb and a pile of bricks. Supposedly Koloff's name had been thrown around but he was never as close to being considered as Kerry was.
Kerry: Mah foot is broke! So that means I can walk on it!

Doc: Yeah no. We have to amputate it now.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 09:51 PM   #25337
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Good/Bad news regarding Ryback's current WWE status.

The bad news is he's basically set to be getting released soon while the good news is now being the best time to grab Ryback merch for cheap since the WWE has started to put all of it on clearance.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:01 PM   #25338
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
Even I heard about it. Von Erich, I mean. Don't recall anything about Koloff.

Supposedly Terry Funk was friends with Stallone and recommended Von Erich for the role, but his audition sucked or something.
Not related to the story, but I always found it funny that any movie Terry Funk has been in, he is always some jobber lackey for the big bad who gets his ass kicked pretty handily.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:05 PM   #25339
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Wasn't Moose that "large woman" rassler that TNA had?
You were thinking of Moose Knuckles... really. Totally different person.

Moose seems like he'd fare better staying in ROH. As is, he's a draw for them, but seems like he'd be "just another big man" in WWE.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:27 PM   #25340
Mr. Nerfect

Really weird how heavily Michael Cole emphasized New Japan on RAW. Do you think that maybe we'll see some sort of talent trade between them? There are some guys that could use a working holiday to get some extra things down and freshen up their North American presence. Some guys in Japan could be brought in for some shorter runs to help spice up the television product too.
Old 05-08-2016, 10:29 PM   #25341
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I think they just don't see them as "direct competition" so they have no problem acknowledging them and people's history in it. As opposed to mentioning anybody's time in TNA or something, which even though it isn't much competition, is still considered "direct competition".
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 10:39 PM   #25342
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Doubt it since NJPW likely is still upset and feeling the sting from the recent raid by the WWE although ROH could be a big key if it were to ever happen. Their CEO recently said he'd be open to the idea of a possible ROH-WWE collaboration in the future and since ROH has good ties with NJPW, they could possibly convince NJPW to join.
Old 05-09-2016, 12:14 AM   #25343
Heisenberg
Quality Meme Producer

Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Heisenberg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixx View Post
Checked out Chikara roster and it's ridiculous.

Arctic Rescue Ant
Fire Ant
Silver Ant
Soldier Ant
Worker Ant
they had one of the best entrances ever to involve Dave Matthews Band

Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:17 AM   #25344
Seth82
OLD SCHOOL FAN

Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seth82 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Quote:
Apparently it's actually true
Quote:
He and Kevin both I think tried out for the role. Kevin himself told me this via twitter DM.

Kerry was indeed in the running for the role of Ivan Drago.

Kerry was never great on the mic. I can only imagine him as an actor.

He had a bit of a marble mouth.

I can just imagine the nightmare of working on the film with Kerry. They would have done take after take after take to get it right.
Seth82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:14 PM   #25345
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
https://www.gofundme.com/22vqm7w

Kevin Owens and Tyler Breeze started a GoFundMe to raise money for the Canadian Red Cross, which is helping with efforts to fight the Fort McMurray wildfires. As an incentive, anyone who matches their original $100 donation gets a video message from both of them, and they'll follow anybody who donates at all on Twitter. Within a day they've already raised well past their initial goal of $30,000 but the campaign is staying up until May 22nd, Extreme Rules.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 07:52 PM   #25346
Mr. Nerfect

Lynch time!

Old 05-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #25347
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Best time of the day
Old 05-09-2016, 07:55 PM   #25348
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Old 05-09-2016, 07:56 PM   #25349
Mr. Nerfect

I had this dream of TNA bringing in a whole bunch of WWE guys and somehow staying alive.

* Tyler Breeze got released from the WWE and becoming "Tyler Swift" in TNA. His finishing move became "The Swift Kick" (a superkick) and he beat James Storm in his first night and then set his sights on the X-Division Title. He'd win the title and get a long run, while Trevor Lee would feud with Shane Helms, who was pissed off that Lee let Swift beat him.

* Damien Sandow got signed and became "Aaron Sandow." He was really popular, but he sort of played a heel where he said he'd only perform at the PPV if they found him a high calibur opponent.

* Stu Bennett came in using his real name and announced that he'd be the special enforcer of the World Title match at Slammiversary, to make sure no shenanigans go down.

* Kevin Kiley worked one match against D'Angelo Dinero, and lost to him with the commentary position on the line.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:57 PM   #25350
Mr. Nerfect

Becky Lynch is so fucking tremendous. I'm watching RAW for basically her, AJ Styles, Cesaro and Chris Jericho calling people "stupid idiot." That's more than I usually would. Oh, I suppose Evil Emma is up there too.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:37 PM   #25351
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Old 05-09-2016, 11:56 PM   #25352
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)

Wrestling in 2016 is fucking ridiculous when you think about it. Here you have TNA talents beating down NXT talents and shooting on WWE on an indy show that WWE acknowledge exists.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:58 AM   #25353
GD

GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)GD makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I learned about it via LAWradio. Interesting predicament.
GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:42 AM   #25354
Disturbed316

Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Been working my way through Breaking Ground on the WWE Network, finding it really interesting so far. I'm finding Josh and ZZ are fucking terrible, no idea how they got to the Tough Enough finals (other than ZZ being the joke so people voted for him).
Disturbed316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:46 AM   #25355
Disturbed316

Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)Disturbed316 has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post

Wrestling in 2016 is fucking ridiculous when you think about it. Here you have TNA talents beating down NXT talents and shooting on WWE on an indy show that WWE acknowledge exists.
Jealous, no talent idiots. Screams like a desperate attempt to get noticed by the big boys.
Disturbed316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:24 AM   #25356
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

lol @ EC3 and Galloway having "no talent". Come on.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:43 AM   #25357
Sixx
LUV CABBAGE/H8 JEWS

Who is that they beat down?
Old 05-10-2016, 08:27 AM   #25358
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

They first beat down Johnny Gargano, who is of course with NXT. Then Drew Gulak and TJ Perkins who qualified for the WWE Cruiserweight Classic ran out and got beaten down.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:47 AM   #25359
Mr. Nerfect

Pretty interesting angle from Gabe. A lot of what has made EVOLVE feel somewhat "flat" over the years, compared to early ROH anyway, is the lack of storylines that just make you want to bite down. ROH would present a lot of these through in-ring stories and not so much your traditional "angles," eg. Samoa Joe vs. CM Punk going Broadway, the general in-ring focus of the promotion, etc. But they'd occasionally do a Raven vs. Punk, which was tremendous.

I might be wrong, but this feels like it might be the first big "angle" since EVOLVE has started. EC3 is definitely a guy I see ending up back in the WWE at some point. He's really worked hard to become better in the ring and is now completely three-dimensional. Plus he's got a tremendous look.

Tremendous.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #25360
Mr. Nerfect

Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa vs. Michael Hutter & Drew McIntyre in NXT could be pretty cool. I'm fairly certain they're gearing up Gargano & Ciampa to challenge American Alpha with Ciampa possibly turning on Gargano, but I also thought they were obviously gearing up for Carmella to turn on Enzo & Cass and side with Blake & Murphy.