TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 02-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #2881
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
Tonight's results are sponsored by Riho

Meh, I've seen better....

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 16, 2021:
-Big Swole def. Emi Sakura
-Team Taz (Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs) def. Bad Romance (Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss)
-Matt Sydal def. Brian Pillman Jr.
-Luchasaurus def. Jake Hager
-Colt Cabana def. Christopher Daniels
Gonna need some details as to why Bad Romance has that name. Did they both have Lady Gaga at some point in their lives?

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 17, 2021

Segment 1:

Over the weekend, it was announced that Rey Fenix, who is a member of Death Triangle with PAC and teamed with Jon Moxley in a Tables match at Revolution was selected to be a part of their team at War Games Blood and Guts. Tonight they faced off against Santana and Ortiz of the Inner Circle. These two teams really tore the house down to open the show.

Many probably expected this to be a showcase match for the face team, but experience ended up winning out as Mox found himself thrown out of the ring leaving Fenix prey for the Street Sweeper as Santana and Ortiz score one of their biggest wins in AEW! ****1/4, 88% overall
That's how you open a show! But really, is the Blood and Guts thing just War Games with a different paint job? How are they getting away with that? I mean Cody and Dustin are certainly heirs to whatever Dusty Rhodes ever created but doesn't the WWE essentially own everything?

Quote:
Segment 2:

After the match, an unlikely trio made down to the ring: Kenny Omega, Eddie Kingston, and Brian Cage. These three are all from different corners of AEW - Kenny is the World Champion with Impact talents (Don Callis and The Good Brothers) watching his back, Kingston leads The Family, and Brian Cage is the heavy hitter of Team Taz. But they're all putting their differences aside temporarily as they've been drafted into battle on the same team at Blood and Guts.

Santana and Ortiz are from yet another faction in The Inner Circle, but seeing how they just put down two guys from the face team, they want Santana and Ortiz to get the final two spots on the heel Blood and Guts team. Santana and Ortiz look at each other, smirk, then pull out a madball and start beating down their opponents with it! I suppose that's a painful way of saying yes. 85% overall
But whose side is Sting on?!?!? Oh, wait, I'm having a flashback...

Quote:
Segment 3:

A continuation of the Jurassic Express vs. FTR/Spears angle with Spears making his singles in-ring return against the diminutive Marko Stunt. Unfortunately, I feared these dudes would be sent out to die after that opener and that's exactly what happened, tough to balance out a card in EWR. Anyway, crowd was still fired up from the opener but with FTR and Jurassic Express getting in each others' business on the outside, Spears puts Marko down with the C4 (a running Death Valley Driver, which I imagine Marko would be able to sell like death). **1/2, 63% overall
Yeah, that moment when you book a hell of a match between competitors who are over as fuck immediately before some scrubs. The game will give the middle finger to stats in this regard and will only care about how over your guys are. So sticking a bunch of guys in their forties right after a bunch of guys in their mid-eighties to nineties is just asking for a let down. I try to keep anybody lower than seventy in the first few matches. Also, booking angles and interviews in between will not help mitigate the problem.

Quote:
Segment 4:

Chris Jericho and MJF are backstage. With tensions rising in the Inner Circle, MJF feels like Santana and Ortiz might be upstaging the group by going into the Blood and Guts match. So if they're gonna go big, so should they - he wants the Young Bucks again at Blood and Guts. Jericho, not wanting to be upstaged himself, takes it a step further - if the Inner Circle can't bring home the belts, they'll go their separate ways. GASP! 91% overall
I smell dramz!!!

Quote:
Segment 5:

AEW Women's World Champion Awesome Kong is in action tonight, and another big size differential in this one going up against inaugural Women's champion Riho. I've seen Riho work really good size mismatches against Nyla Rose so I imagine this would be good in real life too, and it was a real solid match in game. Alas, Riho threw everything in her 5'1" frame at Kong but it was not enough as an Awesome Bomb folds her up like a lawn chair for the win.

Kong grabs a pair of scissors and seems content to humiliate Riho and take a memento...but CRACK! Shida's singapore cane connects and Kong goes down! Shida aids her friend and this business with Kong is still not over. **3/4, 73% overall
Is that 'haircut-as-a-memento' thing real? I've always wanted to see something like that and I don't think it's ever been implemented. It totally fits Kong.

Quote:
Segment 6:

Cody Rhodes backstage with Darby Allin. Darby and Cody had numerous wars with one another throughout AEW's 2 year history, and Darby's also fought and teamed with Moxley on many occasions. Darby is a guy Cody wants to go to war with, and now that Brian Cage is on the other team, that's all Darby needed to accept the gig. Darby Allin is in for Blood and Guts, and the two cut a promo on their current rivals (Kingston and Page). 80% overall...Cody has very high charisma but Darby's 72 charisma wore it down, ah well, I was running out of segments
You're a braver man than I am. I never stick a person with less than 85 charisma in an interview segment unless accompanied by a manager. Like you put it, sort of, work with what you got.

Quote:
Segment 7:

We have a rematch from Revolution with Orange Cassidy and Miro resuming their unfinished business. I imagine the match was certainly not PPV length, but the intensity was still there and they got through what they needed to and had a nearly identical rated match. Orange got fired up, looked like he'd rally and grab the win only for "Superbad" Kip Sabian to come out of nowhere and hold Orange's foot at ringside. The distraction was all that was needed to give Miro time to sneak up for a Sambo suplex and the win. ***, 82% overall
These guys work pretty well together, I've noticed. Their stats have to be pretty boss, no?

Quote:
Segment 8:

The Young Bucks due battle against Matt Hardy and his reluctant partner, Hangman Adam Page. Between their overness and talent it seems damn near impossible for the Bucks to not have a 4 star match at this point...and it was no different here. Lot of high octane work with Page and the Bucks. Matt Hardy trying to cheat wherever possible.

Ref bump leads to Matt Hardy going out and getting a chair, but Page won't let Matt use it. They have a tug of war over the chair, which Hardy wins only to turn into a Superkick Party into the chair. The ref comes to and Matt Hardy is pinned. The Bucks win, Page just shakes his head.

Bucks can't celebrate for long as here comes Jericho and MJF to jump them as the two teams brawl out of the arena. ****1/4, 90% overall
Ugh, Page being a dumbass AGAIN! Matt just needed to sit down and take a breather for a bit.

Quote:
Segment 9:

As Matt Hardy recovers from having a chair Superkicked into his face, he tries to regain his composure and address Page. He knows Hangman is trying to do the honorable thing, but getting on your high horse only gets you so far in this business. That is why he needs the guidance that the Matt Hardy brand can provide. He pulls out the contract again from last week and implores Hangman to sign.

Hangman looks conflicted, looks back and forth to the audience chanting "NO!" before ripping the contract up! Matt is beside himself! Private Party sneak into the ring and blindside Page. They hit him with the Gin and Juice! The Hardy Party have left Hangman laying. 90% overall
No, no, I'm as shocked as you are. Being a dumbass only grants you so much mercy, Page.

Quote:
Segment 10:

The scheduled tag match main event pitting PAC and Darby Allin vs. Brian Cage and Ricky Starks of Team Taz took on even more meaning now that Darby is officially in for Blood and Guts. This was a step down from the last match, but thankfully not enough to be punished with the fans being burned out or anything.

Given that Starks is the only one of the four not in the Blood and Guts main event, I think we know who is eating the pin. Darby and Cage are off fighting at ringside while PAC pins Starks after the Black Arrow. ***, 77% overall
Solid, logical booking here. Black Arrow is a DC villain, right?

Quote:
Segment 11:

Has it been made clear yet that I love a good belt shot? Such an easy way to add heat to an angle. Anyway that's what happens here with Kenny cutting PAC's celebration short, blasting him with the World Title.

Officially, that's all that was booked for this segment in EWR. But in imagination land, Darby and Cage spill back into the ring and eventually Mox/Fenix/Cody/Kingston/Santana/Ortiz all come out in various groups and we have both teams duking it out to put over the mayhem of Blood and Guts. 85% overall
*GASP* You said 'belt' again!!! VINCE MCMAHON CURSES YOU!!!

I should probably think long and hard about trimming my roster down so that I'm focused on a select few people, kind of like what you're doing but I have such good talent that no one else deserves.
M-A-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2021, 11:53 PM   #2882
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-A-G View Post
Gonna need some details as to why Bad Romance has that name. Did they both have Lady Gaga at some point in their lives?
I think I could feature them on Dynamite more if I could pull that kind of celebrity cameo. That said the name is a result of Joey Janela's nickname (The Bad Boy) and Sonny Kiss' surname. They're a fun team that mostly wrestle on Dark. Janela's another guy that originally started as a deathmatch guy before making his way on the regular indies, Sonny Kiss is one of the few openly gender-fluid wrestlers in the business.

Quote:
That's how you open a show! But really, is the Blood and Guts thing just War Games with a different paint job? How are they getting away with that? I mean Cody and Dustin are certainly heirs to whatever Dusty Rhodes ever created but doesn't the WWE essentially own everything?
Although they didn't get to have Blood and Guts due to the pandemic, all signs were that it was essentially War Games. Not sure if it would've been a totally faithful interpretation or if there would've been rule modifications.

Vince might own the trademarks to a lot of the names but doing the same match styles is fair game. Nearly every promotion has done their own take on the Royal Rumble.

Quote:
Yeah, that moment when you book a hell of a match between competitors who are over as fuck immediately before some scrubs. The game will give the middle finger to stats in this regard and will only care about how over your guys are. So sticking a bunch of guys in their forties right after a bunch of guys in their mid-eighties to nineties is just asking for a let down. I try to keep anybody lower than seventy in the first few matches. Also, booking angles and interviews in between will not help mitigate the problem.
It's one of those things where when booking the show I knew it was possible/likely to happen but I'm also striving to book somewhat like the real AEW and they usually try to have high points to open and close the show. But ah well.

Quote:
Is that 'haircut-as-a-memento' thing real? I've always wanted to see something like that and I don't think it's ever been implemented. It totally fits Kong.
Yeah Kong was doing that during her original AEW run, the stable she was in with Brandi, Mel, and Luther was a bit of a flop and it abruptly ended when Kong had to go film GLOW, but I'd be down to see it return as a solo act.

Quote:
You're a braver man than I am. I never stick a person with less than 85 charisma in an interview segment unless accompanied by a manager. Like you put it, sort of, work with what you got.
Yeah, I usually don't either. I could've just booked it as "Cody invites Darby to join the face team" and been fine with it but booking it as a dual interview gave each guy a +1 in their ongoing feuds.

Quote:
These guys work pretty well together, I've noticed. Their stats have to be pretty boss, no?
The funny thing about it is they have good stats but their strengths are in opposite areas. It's obviously not been enough to generate any sort of notice that they don't click, the stats are good enough to pull 3 stars and they the crowd rating's gonna be there, both guys have probably gone up around 5-6 points in overness due to the feud.

Quote:
I should probably think long and hard about trimming my roster down so that I'm focused on a select few people, kind of like what you're doing but I have such good talent that no one else deserves.
In terms of in-ring I think AEW mixes up their usage a bit more than I have in game. Plenty of guys don't wrestle every Dynamite and sometimes it might be 3 weeks between matches, but the key players are always doing interviews and segments to keep their stories going. I try to replicate it as best I can.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:36 AM   #2883
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)M-A-G makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Raw: May 28, 2040

It's the Raw after Judgment Day and the road to Night of Champions begins. There are two matches scheduled so far as the result of what went down last night. Time to see where all of the champions end up.

Speaking of which we're opening with the NEW Unified World Champion, Butch Fleming who made the most of his return to PPV after being gone a year. He takes the mic and addresses the crowd.

"I....TOLD....YOU! Did you really, truly believe that a year's absence was going to be enough to blunt my edge? Did you honestly think that all of that time away gave Noah Carmichael some sort of advantage? I ALWAYS have the the advantage! You want to know why you people wanted to believe I'd fail? It's because you're so stupid that you're not able to learn from history! I went more than THREE YEARS with NO ONE being able to beat me! The few losses I ended up with I can count on one hand! And the so-called 'men' that can claim those empty, hollow victories? They're back in their place where they belong BECAUSE I DON'T COWER AWAY AND I PUT THEM THERE! Crossing me is the ultimate sin for anyone dumb enough to consider it. Which brings me to one other individual that I am demanding come out here right now and face the music. QUENTIN MCDANIELS! i'm not asking you, I'm ORDERING YOU to get in this ring now!"

Quentin McDaniels makes Fleming wait a bit but eventually the man joins us and steps into the ring with an intense glare towards the champion. Fleming continues his tirade this time directed at his former City Slickers stablemate. "Quentin, I'm only doing this because you and I go way back so I'm going to give you a chance to be straight with me. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING OUT THERE IN MY MAIN EVENT LAST NIGHT?!?!"

McDaniels raises his own mic and furiously gives his response. "Let me get something straight here, I'm out here on my own accord. You don't order me...."

"ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION, QUENTIN! I'm not in the mood for any backtalk and I sure as hell don't care about your feelings. What the hell were you doing at Judgment Day in my match? Because it looked to me like you wanted to help Carmichael keep the title."

"You really want to know, Butch? Truth be told, I was just going to sit back and enjoy the show at Judgment Day but then there was something you said last week that got me thinking; you said that no matter who was in the main event at Backlash you were going to come down and attack them. I have to ask would that have included me? You see, just one month before Backlash, I was in the main event of WrestleMania and it just as easily could have been me defending the Unified Title at Backlash. So I'll ask again, would you have included me in your little temper tantrum against the world?"

"Who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that? I ask the questions around here! I am the Unified World Champion! I am your God damn superior!"

"Wake up, 'boss'! I know being gone a whole year can leave you behind on current events but in case you haven't noticed, the City Slickers aren't a thing anymore. The brilliant idea of The Integration also isn't a thing anymore. I did fine without you by my side and I sure as hell can be just fine with you right in my face. I deserved another crack at Carmichael. Hell, I could the one that takes that title away from you and send you packing for another year. Maybe more depending on how willing you are to piss me off."

Fleming chuckles at this incredulously. "If you want to start with your own visions of grandeur, I hope you took a long hard look at what I left of Noah Carmichael last night. Remember, you're no different than him. I know you just as well and I know you can't measure up to me. There's barely anyone back there that measures up to me as far as deserving a title shot goes!"

Almost on cue the lights dim and the eeriness sets in as Haven makes his way to the ring. He gets in the face of Quentin McDaniels and has words for him. "Wallow in pity as long and as deep as you wish. The truth is simply this: your chance came and went. Fear not, though, for sanctuary beckons the Unified World Title as there is another who is far more deserving." And with that, Haven turns his glare to Fleming and simply growls, "ME!" He then grabs the champion by the throat furiously. However, McDaniels doesn't take kindly to Haven's apparent disrespect and attacks from behind. Soon, Haven is laid out by McDaniels and Fleming.

Backstage, Romeo Valiente demands that Ozzy Mandias stay out of his business. Valiente has been treating the rookie with kid gloves but he warns that he's not sure how much longer he's willing to do so.

First Match: Moses McKay and King Kavovit vs. The Tokyo Titans
Thought I'd never get to a match, huh? Well, it's a doozy so there is that. McKay is in rebuild mode and he leads his team to victory with a well-placed Mass Effect on Wu to get the pin. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, Naomi Bailey reaches out to Sonya Braddock who, unfortunately, isn't here tonight. Naomi hopes the champion was watching the Queen and Queens match last night. Naomi also invites her and everyone to witness her re-coronation on SmackDown!.

Second Match: Seth Von Kamp vs. Steve Hayes
I debated hard about what to do with Von Kamp next but unfortunately I had to set him aside and have him tread water for a bit while I let some other things unfold. There is something in store for him, I assure you, it's just that he's got to stutter for a bit. He can still get some wins, though, and he does so here after a solid match that ends with a pin after the Collapse of Society. ****1/2. 92% overall.

Third Match: Faith Connors and Phoebe Hanson vs. Hannah McCormick and Bobbi Jo
McCormick is HOT after losing last night and she's keen on taking things out on Faith. Jenna Kyle watches from the ramp while the announcers speculate what might be on her mind. The end comes when both Faith and Bobbi Jo stumble into Jenna and it looks like Jenna tries to take a pound of flesh from Faith but Bobbi gets the raw end of that deal allowing Faith to hit the Mirror's Edge for the pin. Did Jenna really mean to do that? *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, Kyle Jacobs is proud to say that he shoved all of that fluke talk up the asses of all of the naysayers. It's only too bad that last night's joy was tempered a great deal by having to watch the end of a legend, Jake Connelly, at the hands of Brandon Reigns. Reigns has made his bed. Now Kyle Jacobs gets to mess it up all over again.

Fourth Match: Michael Haywood vs. Julian Merrick
These two tag team specialists have a date with destiny as The Play Pals earned a shot at the tag team titles. Both men show their determination to show the other up but Rick Hilton pulls Merrick out when the water starts getting too hot. Haywood gets a countout win here. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Fifth Match: Billie Padgett and Carmella Costello vs. Tania and Frankie
The poor faces don't get last names. They don't need them, though, as Frankie causes Carmella to collide with an interfering Brooke and hits the Frankie-Stein for the pin. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Sixth Match: Lonny Richards vs. Caleb Greene
The former partners finally get to try to settle things. It's another David vs. Goliath situation as Greene pulls out all of his cruiserweight craftiness and agility to hang with the powerhouse in Richards. Lonny's manager, Nathan Quinn, proves to be the deciding factor as he distracts Greene long enough for Richards to slap on the Dragon Sleeper and Greene passes out. ****1/2, 92% overall.

FINAL SEGMENT: The Mega-Super-Happening-Hip-Cool-Awesome-Hot-Dance Party-Celebration-Fiesta-Electronica-Dubstep-Fresh-Funky-Award Ceremony-Extravaganza to Commemorate the NEW WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Former Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody
Hotbody is in full giddy mode tonight as the ring is filled with apparently party guests of his selection. We're all here to take part in this momentous occasion and bear witness to the elevation to legendary status by Michael Hotbody. He overcame the impossible! A biased boss in Lisa Benton! An unfair match stipulation! A sex-crazed, insecure weak FORMER champion in Jordan Demiras! Hotbody wants to dedicate this special event to Zed Jones, who is recuperating after Haven UNJUSTLY REAGGRAVATED Zed's health problems. He feels bad about Jones being in the wrong place at the wrong time last night. All Zed was trying to do was get some measure of rest after being worked on in the back of that ambulance and then he heard the wild commotion coming from Demiras and his hormones! All Jones was trying to do was take a peek outside to see what was happening and that sexual deviant Demiras went all klutzy again! But it's all OK because what's important is right here, right now! Demiras is banned from entering this exclusive party as all of Hotbody's guests have been personally vetted! The audience is also banned from dancing and if there are people seen dancing during the party THEY WILL BE EJECTED!!! They are only here to observe and reflect on what a loser Jordan Demiras is and what a great cruiserweight champion Michael Hotbody will be! Now with that said, LET'S DANCE!!!

The lights dim but the ring lights up with various spotlights and God awful electronic club music plays. Everyone in the ring does their thing but Hotbody just goes completely wild. After a while, he looks into the crowd and takes the mic again and asks for the music to be lowered because he SEES PEOPLE DANCING! Hotbody declares that he will immediately start ejecting people and any further blatant rule-breaking will cause that person to be PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM ALL FUTURE HOTBODY EVENTS!!! He then tries to get things back on track when one of the party attendees smashes a record over Hotbody's head!!! The attacker removes some of his party attire...IT'S JORDAN DEMIRAS!!! He managed to sneak in! He rains some more fury on the fallen Hotbody but the party security pulls him off! We go off the air as Demiras desperately tries to get him some more!

88% overall show rating.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:31 PM   #2884
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
It goes without saying that the matches on your shows are always going to deliver the good with how talented and over everybody on the card is. But the segments on this show were dope as hell.

The opening segment, bringing up past stable histories? Is that even allowed in WWE if it happened more than 2 months ago? Heels actually arguing with each other and making valid points before briefly reconciling just to beat down the face is a great wrestling trope I enjoy. Helps give some edge to the characters that yeah, the heels do beef on one another buuuuut they're dicks and will always delight in beating down the face above all else.

Main event segment is just brilliance. Hotbody might be the MVP of the company at this point. Kenny Omega in AEW gets an obnoxiously long ring intro from Justin Roberts listing all of his previous accolades and i totally see that in Hotbody's future as well.

My favorite thing about segments like that, sorta like wrassling weddings, is you KNOW the face is going to show up somewhere to interrupt, it's just a matter of working out how they'll sneak their way in. Great feud.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:17 PM   #2885
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Tonight's results are sponsored by Penelope Ford

AEW Dark: March 23, 2021:
-"Superbad" Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford def. Peter Avalon and Leva Bates
-Scorpio Sky def. Angelico
-Evil Uno and Stu Grayson def. Chaos Project
-Powerhouse Hobbs def. "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes
-Colt Cabana def. Frankie Kazarian

AEW Dynamite: March 24, 2021

Segment 1:

It's Orange Cassidy vs. Kip Sabian to kick us off, Sabian having returned last week and cost OC his match against Miro. The last time these two met, Sabian did not last very long. Tonight he had a much better account of himself. Miro's attempted interference goes awry, and Cassidy puts Kip away with the Superman Forearm. Miro and Kip but the boots to Cassidy after the bell, when the music of Best Friends hits! Chuck Taylor is back! Chuckie T runs out with a chair, backing Miro and Kip out of the ring for the save. ***, 75% overall

Segment 2:

Backstage, we see Jurassic Express backstage, getting ready for their 6-man tag match tonight. The lights are cut off in their dressing room, a loud commotion is heard, and when they come back, FTR and Shawn Spears are standing over them, chairs in hand. It's chair night in AEW, apparently. Tully Blanchard declares that since their opponents are apparently in no condition to compete, guess they can call it an early night. Tully and Co head for the parking garage. 66% overall

Segment 3:

Hikaru Shida is out for some singles action against her fellow countrywoman Emi Sakura. These two have competed each other many times across various Japanese promotions, and the chemistry is obvious as they had a solid match here. With a rematch for the Women's title on Saturday looming, Shida gets the Three Count for the win. ***1/4, 76% overall

Segment 4:

Shida can't celebrate for too long, as the music of Awesome Kong hits. Shida immediately gets her kendo stick at the ready. Kong emerges with a kendo stick of her own! Security tries to hold Kong back but she plows through them to the ring, members of the AEW women's roster try to break them up and get caned for their trouble. Pull apart brawl for the women, not something you see everyday. 77% overall

Segment 5:

Backstage, Kenny Omega and Don Callis have gathered Team Taz, The Family, and Santana and Ortiz into a conference room. This gathering of the groups is meant to put their differences aside ahead of tonight's main event and Saturday's Blood and Guts, but really it came across more like a town hall meeting with Omega and Callis putting Omega over. FEAR NOT, you are being led into battle by the best wrestler in the world! 97% overall (!)....I actually set the whole group up as a stable called "Heel Team" for this, muahaha

Segment 6:

Hangman Page in action against the ring veteran Christopher Daniels. Matt Hardy joined the commentary team, still incensed about Hangman ripping up the contract last week, but hinting he's got a better offer up his sleeve after this match. Page and Daniels have themselves a banger, Daniels can still go and it's nice to get whatever I can out of him before the game tries to send him into retirement land. Page wins with the Dead Eye. ****, 84% overall

Segment 7:

Matt Hardy sarcastically applauds Hangman's win. "You may have turned down my contract last week, but this week I have a new offer for you. I have in my hand a contract for a match this Saturday at Blood and Guts. You and me. Mano y mano. IF you beat me, I will so generously write you a check for 100% of my 1st quarter earnings. But WHEN I beat you, you have to sign with the Matt Hardy Brand for the next year. So what do you say, cowboy? You know what happened the last time you turn down my contract."

Hangman looks to the crowd, and gets a couple beers from ringside. "I look forward to making some money on Saturday, but this is the only way to close a deal". Hangman and Matt toast, Page hits the lariat mid-sip, beer flies everywhere. Hangman signs the contract and leaves it on the downed Matt. ***, 86% overall

Segment 8:

We see a video package highlighting the members of the other team at Blood and Guts (and yes, I made the face team their own stable in-game for this). Each man talks about the opportunity to make history in the first ever Blood and Guts match in history. Mox embracing the chance to get back to his violent roots, Cody wanting to honor his dad who fought in wars like this, everyone getting a chance to get their hands on their rivals, etc. 87% overall

Segment 9:

Chris Jericho and MJF get some last-minute work in ahead of Saturday's tag title opportunity as they face Evil Uno and Stu Grayson of Dark Order. Announcers remind everyone that Jericho threatened to disband Inner Circle if they don't win the titles on Saturday....is this the last time we're seeing the Inner Circle team on Dynamite?

Lots of hijinx outside the ring with fellow Inner Circle members Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, and Wardlow cheap shotting Dark Order members Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, and John Silver. Grayson dives onto the whole pile to try to help his friends. Ref doesn't see Jericho poke Uno in the eyes. Uno loses his bearings, MJF drop toe holds him down and then locks in the Salt of the Earth armbar for the win. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 10:

Jericho and MJF obnoxiously celebrate like they just won the World Series while the Dark Order and Inner Circle are still fighting at ringside. They gesture that they'll have belts around their waists soon enough, but don't see the Young Bucks have slid into the ring. Superkicks in stereo and the champs hold their titles above them before sliding back out to avoid the Inner Circle. 81% overall

Segment 11:

TEN MAN TAG TEAM ACTION in our main event pitting Saturday's teams against each other in standard tag action, and it is of great consequence as this match will determine which team will receive the all-important entry advantage ahead of Blood and Guts.

Given this involves ten prominent names, everyone gets a chance to showcase and get some stuff in. There's a reason multi-man tags always devolve into a wild brawl though - because it's fun and it works! Bah gawd what's it gonna be like on Saturday when all of these men are locked in a cage together? Signature fest from everyone, Cody gets the Cross Rhodes on Ortiz but Eddie Kingston hucks him out of the ring. Rey Fenix launches off the ropes at Kingston but Kingston perfectly times it with a Backfist to the Future! Ouch.

The bad guys pick up the win and the advantage for Saturday. ***, 82% overall

81% show rating

Last edited by Evil Vito; 02-20-2021 at 04:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:25 PM   #2886
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Blood and Guts card:

BLOOD AND GUTS MATCH: Cody Rhodes, Darby Allin, Jon Moxley, PAC, and Rey Fenix vs. Kenny Omega, Brian Cage, Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz

AEW World Tag Team Championships: Chris Jericho and MJF vs. The Young Bucks (C)

AEW Women's World Championship - Kendo Sticks Are Legal: Hikaru Shida vs. Awesome Kong (C)

Big Money Match: "Big Money" Matt Hardy vs. "Hangman" Adam Page

Orange Cassidy and Chuck Taylor vs. Miro and Kip Sabian

FTR and Shawn Spears vs. Jurassic Express

---

This is technically meant to be a special bonus event, not a PPV.....this card definitely works for it since I've got a special attraction main encapsulating a bunch of feuds. Might throw in an unannounced bonus match or two on top of this but this is solid.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:24 AM   #2887
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Tonight's results are sponsored by Penelope Ford

I mean, I suppose I can do the rest of this one-handed...

Quote:
AEW Dark: March 23, 2021:
-"Superbad" Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford def. Peter Avalon and Leva Bates
-Scorpio Sky def. Angelico
-Evil Uno and Stu Grayson def. Chaos Project
-Powerhouse Hobbs def. "The Natural" Dustin Rhodes
-Colt Cabana def. Frankie Kazarian
I imagine Peter Avalon was also trying to do his job one-handed and suffered because of it....

Quote:
AEW Dynamite: March 24, 2021

Segment 1:

It's Orange Cassidy vs. Kip Sabian to kick us off, Sabian having returned last week and cost OC his match against Miro. The last time these two met, Sabian did not last very long. Tonight he had a much better account of himself. Miro's attempted interference goes awry, and Cassidy puts Kip away with the Superman Forearm. Miro and Kip but the boots to Cassidy after the bell, when the music of Best Friends hits! Chuck Taylor is back! Chuckie T runs out with a chair, backing Miro and Kip out of the ring for the save. ***, 75% overall
The big threat facing Chuck Taylor is neither Miro or Sabian but the possible lawsuit from Ahmed Johnson over the rights to the letter T.

Quote:
Segment 2:

Backstage, we see Jurassic Express backstage, getting ready for their 6-man tag match tonight. The lights are cut off in their dressing room, a loud commotion is heard, and when they come back, FTR and Shawn Spears are standing over them, chairs in hand. It's chair night in AEW, apparently. Tully Blanchard declares that since their opponents are apparently in no condition to compete, guess they can call it an early night. Tully and Co head for the parking garage. 66% overall
Pffft, if only it were that easy in all of our jobs. Imagine the number of days I could have had off if I had just stuffed a bunch of students in a sack and rolled them down a hill.

Quote:
Segment 3:

Hikaru Shida is out for some singles action against her fellow countrywoman Emi Sakura. These two have competed each other many times across various Japanese promotions, and the chemistry is obvious as they had a solid match here. With a rematch for the Women's title on Saturday looming, Shida gets the Three Count for the win. ***1/4, 76% overall
Two Japanese people in the same segment and they're not automatically in the same stable and are actually wrestling instead of doing segments in broken English? You're making people's heads explode.

Quote:
Segment 4:

Shida can't celebrate for too long, as the music of Awesome Kong hits. Shida immediately gets her kendo stick at the ready. Kong emerges with a kendo stick of her own! Security tries to hold Kong back but she plows through them to the ring, members of the AEW women's roster try to break them up and get caned for their trouble. Pull apart brawl for the women, not something you see everyday. 77% overall
The only one that I can recall off the top of my head was Lita and Trish Stratus at Survivor Series 2004. I would imagine things being harder as far as holding back Kong goes.

Quote:
Segment 5:

Backstage, Kenny Omega and Don Callis have gathered Team Taz, The Family, and Santana and Ortiz into a conference room. This gathering of the groups is meant to put their differences aside ahead of tonight's main event and Saturday's Blood and Guts, but really it came across more like a town hall meeting with Omega and Callis putting Omega over. FEAR NOT, you are being led into battle by the best wrestler in the world! 97% overall (!)....I actually set the whole group up as a stable called "Heel Team" for this, muahaha
Meanwhile, back at the Legion of Doom....

Quote:
Segment 6:

Hangman Page in action against the ring veteran Christopher Daniels. Matt Hardy joined the commentary team, still incensed about Hangman ripping up the contract last week, but hinting he's got a better offer up his sleeve after this match. Page and Daniels have themselves a banger, Daniels can still go and it's nice to get whatever I can out of him before the game tries to send him into retirement land. Page wins with the Dead Eye. ****, 84% overall
I remember the game calling it quits for Daniels pretty early if I remember. There's really no rhyme or reason behind when it decides to just screw you over.

Quote:
Segment 7:

Matt Hardy sarcastically applauds Hangman's win. "You may have turned down my contract last week, but this week I have a new offer for you. I have in my hand a contract for a match this Saturday at Blood and Guts. You and me. Mano y mano. IF you beat me, I will so generously write you a check for 100% of my 1st quarter earnings. But WHEN I beat you, you have to sign with the Matt Hardy Brand for the next year. So what do you say, cowboy? You know what happened the last time you turn down my contract."

Hangman looks to the crowd, and gets a couple beers from ringside. "I look forward to making some money on Saturday, but this is the only way to close a deal". Hangman and Matt toast, Page hits the lariat mid-sip, beer flies everywhere. Hangman signs the contract and leaves it on the downed Matt. ***, 86% overall
This was gold. Of course, little does Page know that Hardy earns significantly less than what Page does and even then half of it goes to Reby Sky.

Quote:
Segment 8:

We see a video package highlighting the members of the other team at Blood and Guts (and yes, I made the face team their own stable in-game for this). Each man talks about the opportunity to make history in the first ever Blood and Guts match in history. Mox embracing the chance to get back to his violent roots, Cody wanting to honor his dad who fought in wars like this, everyone getting a chance to get their hands on their rivals, etc. 87% overall
Meanwhile, at the League of the Superfriends....

Quote:
Segment 9:

Chris Jericho and MJF get some last-minute work in ahead of Saturday's tag title opportunity as they face Evil Uno and Stu Grayson of Dark Order. Announcers remind everyone that Jericho threatened to disband Inner Circle if they don't win the titles on Saturday....is this the last time we're seeing the Inner Circle team on Dynamite?

Lots of hijinx outside the ring with fellow Inner Circle members Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, and Wardlow cheap shotting Dark Order members Colt Cabana, Alex Reynolds, and John Silver. Grayson dives onto the whole pile to try to help his friends. Ref doesn't see Jericho poke Uno in the eyes. Uno loses his bearings, MJF drop toe holds him down and then locks in the Salt of the Earth armbar for the win. ***1/4, 81% overall

Segment 10:

Jericho and MJF obnoxiously celebrate like they just won the World Series while the Dark Order and Inner Circle are still fighting at ringside. They gesture that they'll have belts around their waists soon enough, but don't see the Young Bucks have slid into the ring. Superkicks in stereo and the champs hold their titles above them before sliding back out to avoid the Inner Circle. 81% overall
This has been quite the shows for heels wanting to celebrate prematurely between the two of us.

Quote:
Segment 11:

TEN MAN TAG TEAM ACTION in our main event pitting Saturday's teams against each other in standard tag action, and it is of great consequence as this match will determine which team will receive the all-important entry advantage ahead of Blood and Guts.

Given this involves ten prominent names, everyone gets a chance to showcase and get some stuff in. There's a reason multi-man tags always devolve into a wild brawl though - because it's fun and it works! Bah gawd what's it gonna be like on Saturday when all of these men are locked in a cage together? Signature fest from everyone, Cody gets the Cross Rhodes on Ortiz but Eddie Kingston hucks him out of the ring. Rey Fenix launches off the ropes at Kingston but Kingston perfectly times it with a Backfist to the Future! Ouch.

The bad guys pick up the win and the advantage for Saturday. ***, 82% overall

81% show rating
[/QUOTE]

*MARKS OUT FOR OVERCROWDED MAIN EVENT MULTI-PERSON ACTION* I'm just so proud...

Special thanks to Penelope for getting me through this....
Old 02-21-2021, 09:17 AM   #2888
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

She is quite worthy of a one handed type.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:43 AM   #2889
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
She is quite worthy of a one handed type.

Hjdkeneiskkmwjrnrjkkdmnemsndllsooakaklldk.....
Old 02-21-2021, 02:18 PM   #2890
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Superstars: May 31, 2040

It's the final show of the month. I think I can take things sort of easy. I'm anxious to see how my first month on 4.2 turns out. Sonya Braddock better have continued to bring in the monies.

Opening Match: Nigel Gallagher vs. Tom Foley
Cruiserweight action at its midcard finest! I'm obviously very high on Nigel as he's quickly coming into his own as far as putting out awesome performances. Maybe he can be a Rookie of the Year Slammy contender? Anyways, Nigel gets the pin with the Union Smack but Jerome McDougal wants to ruin things for the rookie Brit and he comes down to nail Nigel in the back with a chair. ****1/2, 87% overall.

Backstage, Kerry Cemenko feels embarrassed by what happened at Judgment Day. What kind of guy is he if he's losing to a whiner like Xavier Cross. Cemenko declares that he's capable of pulling himself out of this rut and not letting Cross just discard him.

Back to the arena Nathan Quinn makes his way out to the stage. He hopes that everyone took notice of what he did on Raw and that it is proof positive that he will always look out for his clients and that includes his newest acquisition who is here tonight! Quinn asks us to welcome...LEAH! The debuting diva makes her way out and joins Quinn at his side. Quinn announces that she will make her in-ring debut tomorrow night on SmackDown! by challenging any woman brave enough to accept!

Second Match: Alexander Piero vs. Orlando Kincaid
This is probably Piero's biggest test to date as Kincaid is a former Intercontinental and Unified Tag Team Champion. Kincaid controls with his veteran tactics but grows increasingly frustrated at not being able to put away the rookie. They eventually end up outside of the ring and Kincaid just says 'fuck it' and uses the ring bell on Piero when it looks like Piero's momentum starts to become too much. Piero may have just finally received his harsh welcome to the WWE. ****1/2

Third Match: The Dillingers vs. The Southern Gentlemen
I mean, can you have enough ***** tag team matches on your show? I don't think so and these guys were gracious enough to deliver! The Dillingers get the win after Ben pinned Brody Lee. *****, 95% overall.

Backstage, Ozzy Mandias wants to respond to the threats made by Romeo Valiente. Ozzy reminds us all that Valiente started all of this when he couldn't handle the fact that Ozzy eliminated him back in the Cruiserweight Rumble. Ozzy is willing to comply with leaving Valiente alone, however....IF Valiente issues an apology.

Fourth Match: Shawn Dangerson vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns
Reigns is back in action after his stunning upset at Judgment Day. Nothing wrong with giving him a solid win here to help keep his momentum. After Reigns gets another submission win the Iron Reign, he gets on the mic and immediately dismisses Kyle Jacobs. "You people think Jacobs becoming the number one contender or Jake Connelly being forced to retire at MY hands is big news? Well I've got a doozy for you. Tomorrow on SmackDown!, I'm announcing when I'll be cashing in my Money in the Bank contract!!!" *****, 94% overall.

We're joined by Faith Connors in the ring who wants to discuss Jenna Kyle. "If you all would be so kind as to indulge me, there's something that I want to share with you regarding Jenna. Even though it might be hard to believe considering these past few...well, who am I kidding?...this past year, Jenna was actually the first friend I ever made when I came into the wrestling business. I was just some scrappy kid who did parkour for fun who got into this game on the promises and dubious kindness of strangers who were willing to take a chance on me. Jenna, however, didn't believe in chance. She believed in the certainty that Faith Connors was going to be not just a major female star in wrestling, but THE major female star in wrestling. She pushed me to go that extra mile when I was running on empty and it was a hell of a trip when she and I entered this stage almost side-by-side. So in a lot of ways you can say I owe a lot to her. But I can easily say that she owes me a lot, too, considering everything we've been through together. So with that said I am asking Jenna to join me out here right now."

All eyes are fixed on the ramp and sure enough they're greeted by Jenna Kyle who looks somewhat annoyed as she enters the ring. "What is it that you could possibly think I owe you, Faith?"

"Well, it's actually nothing major, I don't think. You see, if you recall I made a bit of an overture to you not too long ago about moving past all the nastiness between us and you said it wasn't really the time to even think about it. Well, here we are, four days after Judgment Day, we stand face-to-face together a couple of losers, neither one us going to Night of Champions. Then, you have to factor in what you did on Raw. So what I'm asking of you is quite simply where is your head at? I need to know how distrusting I'm going to be with you from here on out. I have a preference because you're more honest with friends than with your enemies but I'm all ears with whatever's on your mind."

"First things first, watch who you're calling a loser. Secondly, it would be completely convenient and easy to just sweep all of my feelings under the rug as simple jealousy but you know that isn't true. I push people to be their best so that I am able to say that I beat the best and that's what I've done whether you like it or not. So how much can you trust me? Well, you can definitely trust that in my heart I will always believe that the top spot belongs to me. There's where my head is at."

Lisa Benton decides to join the conversation by making her way to the stage. She's seen quite enough of this and makes the declaration that one way or another, the animosity between Faith and Jenna needs to end. Benton asks the pair how they feel about one more match. Faith simply replies while looking at Jenna, "I'm down." Jenna replies, "Time and place" while returning Faith's gaze.

Benton continues, "Well, lucky for all of us I have just the match and just the time and place. In 11 days, the second Raw of June, the two of you will be the main event in what will surely be the most decisive encounter to put a cap on all of this hostility. It will be a match that few dare to tackle but yet one you two are familiar with....AN IRON WOMAN MATCH!" We go to break with Faith and Jenna still staring each other down, both seemingly happy with the news.

Back from break, Brooke is backstage with her client Carmella Costello. They're not impressed with Faith or Jenna and they hope the two take each other out so that there's room for an outstanding up-and-comer. Frankie will need to be dealt with first, however.

Fifth Match: King Kavovit and Moses McKay vs. The Wyldhearts
I think I might just make McKay and Kavovit a permanent team. They gel really well and it couldn't hurt the division. What does hurt is the Agents of Change mucking things up for the Wyldhearts allowing McKay to pin Robbie Greer. *****, 94% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Cruiserweight Champion Former Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody and Jason Sorola vs. Jordan Demiras and Martyn LaSalle
Before the match, Hotbody stays on the stage still in his street clothes and berates Jordan Demiras for what went down on Raw during what was supposed to be a night of fun for everyone. Demiras only cares about himself and ruined the night for all of these people! As much as Hotbody wants to compete tonight, he is refusing to compete against Demiras until he learns proper respect for party etiquette and that he can't just show up uninvited wherever he feels like it! How would the people like it if Demiras just showed up at your wedding unannounced? It's rude and selfish, is what it is. Besides, even if Hotbody wanted to compete tonight, he can't because of the vicious injuries caused by Demiras carelessly smashing one of Hotbody's prized dance records in his face. The doctors found pieces of vinyl in Hotbody's eye. HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO GET VINYL IN HIS EYE!!! Not to worry as Hotbody has a suitable replacement for tonight's match as it is someone who is just as angry as Hotbody is and just as vicious...making his return...ZED JONES!!!

MAIN EVENT: Zed Jones and Jason Sorola vs. Jordan Demiras and Martyn LaSalle
Hotbody takes his leave and the main event proceeds with Jones just dominating the faces. The end comes when Hotbody comes running down the aisle in what sure is a brief moment of good health that coincidentally occurs once Demiras and LaSalle have Jones in trouble. LaSalle gets tripped up and that allows Jones to score a cheap pin on him. The faces get beaten down in a three-on-two scenario as we go off the air. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 91%
Old 02-21-2021, 02:43 PM   #2891
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

End of the month notes: Nothing major with no one on my roster willing to retire or make any career changes. Two of my NXT women, Nadia Denisof and Luscious want out so I guess I have evaluate their stats. Oh, I'll evaluate them long and good!!!
Old 02-21-2021, 02:48 PM   #2892
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Yeah, both of their stats as far as in-ring work blow royal balls. Nadia is charismatic, though, so she might be saved via the manager rule.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:53 PM   #2893
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

5 star tag matches is commonplace for you...but busting out a 5 star singles match is still a treat. I want to see Shawn Dangerson get pushed just for his name alone, but throwing him in there against Reigns showed how he can bring the goods.

I somehow suspect that Reigns will announce a cash-in for far in advance but then end up doing it much earlier in a manner most dastardly...but we shall see.

Hotbody with a decades-old Lenny from The Simpsons reference is excellent. And I love the trope of heels suddenly recovering from injury quickly, I may or may not have that planned as part of one of my upcoming matches.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:01 PM   #2894
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Fuck my life, I couldn't remember where I heard that reference but then you said The Simpsons and now I can see Lenny as clear as day. Funny thing, The Simpsons is still going in 2040.

I'm actually going to try something different with Reigns as far as him cashing in his contract is concerned. I don't know if the WWE has done it yet but I know I haven't so screw it. Maybe you can figure out where I'm going with it once I do his announcement. I'll see what I can do about Shawn Dangerson. The cruiserweight scene is so crowded but who knows? Maybe down the road he'll be blessed with being the target of Hotbody's absurdities and incredible recuperative powers.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #2895
owenbunny
Bad Bunny's biggest fan

owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)owenbunny got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Can someone make me a Bad Bunny custom Sim, he is my favorite wrestler
owenbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 01:05 AM   #2896
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Say, something seems different about these particular profiles....

Old 02-22-2021, 06:32 AM   #2897
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Old 02-22-2021, 07:02 AM   #2898
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Old 02-22-2021, 07:06 AM   #2899
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Jenna Kyle ASL......oh wait it already says that

Setting pics for whoever the wrestlers most closely resemble would be fun.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:54 AM   #2900
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Yeah, I tried to find the most adorable pic I have of her but she's fucking adorable in all of them so I had to go with one of the smallest. She definitely falls into the "too cute to be a heel" category but I went with the turn for the sake of the feud. It'll be good to get her back on the proper side.
Old 02-23-2021, 12:34 AM   #2901
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

AEW Blood and Guts
March 27, 2021

Welcome to AEW Not War Games Blood and Guts! Emanating live from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. This landmark event marks the return of AEW going back on the road in full capacity venues after nearly a year of running exclusively out of The Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL. Thank god the pandemic is over, now if only reality can imitate art.

The Buy In: Thunder Rosa vs. Ivelisse

AEW has a pretty big women's division and I choose to send Thunder Rosa and Ivelisse out there for a bonus match to get the crowd warmed up. As is the case with a lot of my undercard, they aren't particularly over but they clearly gelled well and the match did what I wanted it to do.

Thunder Rosa has to deal with Ivelisse's heelery including her partner Diamante getting herself ejected at some point. Thunder Rosa eventually gets some momentum going and ultimately picks up the hard-fought win via making Ivelisse tap to the Dragon Sleeper.
Winner: Thunder Rosa
***, 72% overall

Four Corners Tag Match: The Butcher and The Blade vs. The Natural Nightmares (Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall) vs. SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) vs. Sammy Hager (Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager)

Tonight's opener is also a bonus match. On the buy-in show, the tag team division was put on notice that four teams would be selected via random draw to be in a match with the winning duo earning themselves a future AEW World Tag Team title match.

Again, opening matches are meant to hype up the crowd and with a whole bunch of guys in there it makes for a frantic atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for teams to hit their moves on one another, and a couple guys in this match are north of 80 overness so that helped avoid torpedoing the crowd rating.

I've mentioned Daniels' age but didn't realize that the last Dynamite coincided with his legit 51st birthday, so giving him a singles match was my gift I suppose. And he had himself a great match.

Well screw it, I'm all for trying to ride the wave while I can. With bodies flying everywhere in the fracas, Daniels busts out something a man his age shouldn't be able to do - BEST MOONSAULT EVER on QT Marshall! SCU wins! SCU have been on something of a losing skid of late but this old dog has at least one more trick up his sleeve.
Winners: SoCal Uncensored
***, 79% overall

Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus, and Marko Stunt) vs. FTR and Shawn Spears

The Tully Blanchard at ringside, his team takes on even more of a Horsemen-like approach in what ends up being a fairly old school style display of teamwork. Jungle Boy playing Ricky Morton and selling the hell out of the isolation before Luchasaurus gets the hot tag and cleans house.

Marko Stunt gets tagged in, stands atop Luchasaurus' shoulders for a splash on Dax Harwood but it's broken up at the 2.999 count. Devolves into a usual brawl the ref can't contain, Tully slides brass knucks to Dax and poor little Marko gets his clock cleaned for the loss.

Even though Jurassic Express have come up on the short end for much of this feud, they play great sympathy faces and it puts over Tully's group as a bunch of dicks. If the 67 year old Blanchard is up to it, I'd pop huge for Luchasaurus press slamming him to the outside on top of his group, at least giving the fans a sense of catharsis at seeing the heel boss get a level of comeuppance.
Winners: FTR and Shawn Spears
***, 74%

Orange and Miro's feud continues here with both of their partners back in tow for some tag action. Based on the rating this continued the string of yet another solid match on tonight's show. Orange and Miro eventually take their fight to the outside. Penelope Ford climbs onto the apron to distract Chuck Taylor (and boy is she ever distracting)...Kip Sabian charges Chuck from behinds, but Chuck sidesteps. Kip knocks his wife off the apron! Chuck then hits Kip with the best finisher name in the business - the Awful Waffle! Chuck and Orange win!

Miro hops back in and blindsides Chuck. Orange comes in to try to help his friend, and doesn't see Penelope has made it back into the ring where she hits him with her heel (who throws a shoe? Honestly?) The heels standing tall laughing off the loss when all of a sudden some futuristic music hits and holy shit, it's KRIS STATLANDER! We haven't seen her in action since June when she picked up a knee injury in a match with Penelope Ford! Penelope looks like she's seen a ghost, or in this case an alien. The Galaxy's Greatest Alien charges and the heels take a powder for now.
Winners: Orange Cassidy and Chuck Taylor
***1/4, 79% overall

AEW Women's World Championship - Kendo Sticks Legal: Hikaru Shida vs. Awesome Kong (C)

Shida and Kong's feud culminates in a manner most violent as the two beat the shit out of each other with kendo sticks. Shida attempting to choke out Kong with a kendo stick-assisted Crossface is the first spot that came to mind in this one. Toward the end she gets Kong into a form of a Kimura Lock that Kong finds a way to get to the ropes (hey I only said kendo sticks were legal, not that there were no rules at all). Kong goes to rest on the top rope but Shida latches right back onto her in the hold, bad move - top rope Awesome Bomb counter and Kong retains.

A winded and exhausted Kong laughs devilishly in celebration and yes, she cuts off a lock of Shida's hair because dammit, she has to.
Winner and STILL AEW Women's World Champion: Awesome Kong
***, 81% overall

Big Money Match: "Big Money Matt Hardy vs. "Hangman" Adam Page

Tensions had been brewing between these two for the past couple of months, both as mismatched partners and now as adversaries. A lot of money at stake in this one, and so Matt tried to take every shortcut in the book only to be thwarted. Match nearing its conclusion. Dead Eye on Matt....Hangman goes to the apron, Matt stumbling to his feet, could this be the Buckshot Lariat?

Wait! Matt Hardy crumples in a heap, clutching his ankle. He rolls out to the floor in agony. The referee counts 10. Hangman is confused but happy all at the same time. He wins the money!

Matt moans in pain and calls for the mic. "Adam, you should've read the fine print on the contract you dumb cowboy. Appendix D, Section 8 CLEARLY states that the monetary stipulation is valid only if victory is achieved by pinfall or submission. You may have won the match but as far as the money goes, you get NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!"
Winner: Adam Page
***1/2, 87% overall

Feel Good Segment of the Night

Hangman is pissed as the crowd boos the shit out of Hardy. Suddenly, Hangman is once again blindsided by Private Party! Not again! They do a beat down on Page. Matt slides a chair into the ring, and Private Party attach it to Hangman's ankle. Matt's own ankle is now magically healed, he goes to the top rope...oh god no, they're gonna Pillmanize Hangman....

JOIN THE DARK ORDER

The crowd erupts as The Dark Order hits the ring! They fight off The Hardy Party. Dark Order tried for months to recruit Hangman into their ranks only to be politely declined as Hangman didn't want to join a group, only for Matt to keep putting them down and trying to force the issue with Hangman. Now they've shown back up for Hangman when they've needed him most.

Hangman gets to his feet and sees the Dark Order looking at him. The Dark Order all do their hand salute. Hangman looks conflicted on what to do as the crowd chants "YES". He finally does the salute and everyone loses their shit. Brings a case of beer into the ring as the Dark Order all drink and hug it out.

Rating: 85% overall....and somehow John Silver was the only member of Dark Order to gain overness. Probably stole the scene with his facial expressions. John Silver = ratings

AEW World Tag Team Championships: The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho and Maxwell Jacob Friedman) vs. The Young Bucks (C)

Another feud blown off on this one as the top alpha dogs of the Inner Circle try one last chance to win the gold with Jericho's threat of breaking the group up looming.

This was, as you could probably expect from the Bucks at this point, another red hot affair with everyone being super over and the crowd eating up everything. Jericho, not wanting to be outdone by Daniels in the 50 year old athletic move department, tries a Lionsault but gets a knee to the gut! MJF superkicked off the apron Jericho is picked up and the Bucks drive him to the mat with the Meltzer Driver! Bucks win!!! Bye bye Inner Circle!
Winners and STILL AEW World Tag Team Champions: The Young Bucks
****, 91% overall

Main Event - the first ever BLOOD AND GUTS match: AEW TNT Champion Darby Allin, Cody Rhodes, PAC, Rey Fenix, and Jon Moxley vs. AEW World Champion Kenny Omega, Brian Cage, Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz

The game is pretty lazy with writing up War Games Blood and Guts matches, just listing random spots without much about the actual match. I can only assume Cody would've started the match out of pride, and Eddie Kingston not wanting to be outdone would've been in there to start against his rival. Not coincidentally, these two are probably the most likely in the match to get color. Not that I'm a proponent of blade jobs but you really think Cody isn't gonna gig himself in this one?

Anyway I just imagine various spots, mostly people throwing themselves with reckless abandon off the cage. Darby Allin doing a Coffin Drop onto everybody. Fenix doing some flippy stuff off the cage. Brian Cage trying to powerbomb folks through the cage wall. Santana/Ortiz bringing the madball into the cage and whipping the crap out of people. God help us if Moxley decides to pay homage to Foley with thumbtacks, Blood and Guts indeed.

The important thing though is the finish. The match can only end when someone surrenders, and that's exactly what happens when the face team manage to get the heel team at bay and PAC locks in a Brutalizer on Omega. Omega surrenders! PAC just made the AEW World Champion give up!

Winners: The Face Team
***1/4, 83% overall.......well, the game gets lazy and gives it basically the same rating as the regular 10 man tag, fuck you! I say ****1/2!

82% Overall Show Rating

That show ruled. A whole night of ***+ matches is pretty fantastic for a non-MAG promotion.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:24 AM   #2902
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:

AEW Blood and Guts
I'd ask where the hot woman is but typically sticking the words 'woman' and 'blood' doesn't trigger pleasant images.

Quote:

March 27, 2021

Welcome to AEW Not War Games Blood and Guts! Emanating live from the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. This landmark event marks the return of AEW going back on the road in full capacity venues after nearly a year of running exclusively out of The Daily's Place in Jacksonville, FL. Thank god the pandemic is over, now if only reality can imitate art.
Like I said before, I want to go back to only worrying about getting a chicken sandwich from Popeye's.
Quote:

The Buy In: Thunder Rosa vs. Ivelisse

AEW has a pretty big women's division and I choose to send Thunder Rosa and Ivelisse out there for a bonus match to get the crowd warmed up. As is the case with a lot of my undercard, they aren't particularly over but they clearly gelled well and the match did what I wanted it to do.

Thunder Rosa has to deal with Ivelisse's heelery including her partner Diamante getting herself ejected at some point. Thunder Rosa eventually gets some momentum going and ultimately picks up the hard-fought win via making Ivelisse tap to the Dragon Sleeper.
Winner: Thunder Rosa
***, 72% overall
Bonus points for use of the word 'heelery'.

Quote:

Four Corners Tag Match: The Butcher and The Blade vs. The Natural Nightmares (Dustin Rhodes and QT Marshall) vs. SoCal Uncensored (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) vs. Sammy Hager (Sammy Guevara and Jake Hager)

Tonight's opener is also a bonus match. On the buy-in show, the tag team division was put on notice that four teams would be selected via random draw to be in a match with the winning duo earning themselves a future AEW World Tag Team title match.

Again, opening matches are meant to hype up the crowd and with a whole bunch of guys in there it makes for a frantic atmosphere and plenty of opportunity for teams to hit their moves on one another, and a couple guys in this match are north of 80 overness so that helped avoid torpedoing the crowd rating.

I've mentioned Daniels' age but didn't realize that the last Dynamite coincided with his legit 51st birthday, so giving him a singles match was my gift I suppose. And he had himself a great match.

Well screw it, I'm all for trying to ride the wave while I can. With bodies flying everywhere in the fracas, Daniels busts out something a man his age shouldn't be able to do - BEST MOONSAULT EVER on QT Marshall! SCU wins! SCU have been on something of a losing skid of late but this old dog has at least one more trick up his sleeve.
Winners: SoCal Uncensored
***, 79% overall
If anyone at 51 is able to still bust out a top rope moonsault their blood needs to be studied and cryogenically stored.
Quote:

Jurassic Express (Jungle Boy, Luchasaurus, and Marko Stunt) vs. FTR and Shawn Spears

The Tully Blanchard at ringside, his team takes on even more of a Horsemen-like approach in what ends up being a fairly old school style display of teamwork. Jungle Boy playing Ricky Morton and selling the hell out of the isolation before Luchasaurus gets the hot tag and cleans house.

Marko Stunt gets tagged in, stands atop Luchasaurus' shoulders for a splash on Dax Harwood but it's broken up at the 2.999 count. Devolves into a usual brawl the ref can't contain, Tully slides brass knucks to Dax and poor little Marko gets his clock cleaned for the loss.

Even though Jurassic Express have come up on the short end for much of this feud, they play great sympathy faces and it puts over Tully's group as a bunch of dicks. If the 67 year old Blanchard is up to it, I'd pop huge for Luchasaurus press slamming him to the outside on top of his group, at least giving the fans a sense of catharsis at seeing the heel boss get a level of comeuppance.
Winners: FTR and Shawn Spears
***, 74%
You'd pop even more if 67-year old Blanchard would bust out a moonsault of his own.
Quote:

Orange and Miro's feud continues here with both of their partners back in tow for some tag action. Based on the rating this continued the string of yet another solid match on tonight's show. Orange and Miro eventually take their fight to the outside. Penelope Ford climbs onto the apron to distract Chuck Taylor (and boy is she ever distracting)...Kip Sabian charges Chuck from behinds, but Chuck sidesteps. Kip knocks his wife off the apron! Chuck then hits Kip with the best finisher name in the business - the Awful Waffle! Chuck and Orange win!

Miro hops back in and blindsides Chuck. Orange comes in to try to help his friend, and doesn't see Penelope has made it back into the ring where she hits him with her heel (who throws a shoe? Honestly?) The heels standing tall laughing off the loss when all of a sudden some futuristic music hits and holy shit, it's KRIS STATLANDER! We haven't seen her in action since June when she picked up a knee injury in a match with Penelope Ford! Penelope looks like she's seen a ghost, or in this case an alien. The Galaxy's Greatest Alien charges and the heels take a powder for now.
Winners: Orange Cassidy and Chuck Taylor
***1/4, 79% overall
OK, with all of that craziness in the match and Penelope's wonderful assets, how am I supposed to pay that much attention to it when you've got somebody with the moniker of Galaxy's Greatest Alien? I need to take a trip on Google....

Quote:

AEW Women's World Championship - Kendo Sticks Legal: Hikaru Shida vs. Awesome Kong (C)

Shida and Kong's feud culminates in a manner most violent as the two beat the shit out of each other with kendo sticks. Shida attempting to choke out Kong with a kendo stick-assisted Crossface is the first spot that came to mind in this one. Toward the end she gets Kong into a form of a Kimura Lock that Kong finds a way to get to the ropes (hey I only said kendo sticks were legal, not that there were no rules at all). Kong goes to rest on the top rope but Shida latches right back onto her in the hold, bad move - top rope Awesome Bomb counter and Kong retains.

A winded and exhausted Kong laughs devilishly in celebration and yes, she cuts off a lock of Shida's hair because dammit, she has to.
Winner and STILL AEW Women's World Champion: Awesome Kong
***, 81% overall
This gives me a warm glow inside.
Quote:

Big Money Match: "Big Money Matt Hardy vs. "Hangman" Adam Page

Tensions had been brewing between these two for the past couple of months, both as mismatched partners and now as adversaries. A lot of money at stake in this one, and so Matt tried to take every shortcut in the book only to be thwarted. Match nearing its conclusion. Dead Eye on Matt....Hangman goes to the apron, Matt stumbling to his feet, could this be the Buckshot Lariat?

Wait! Matt Hardy crumples in a heap, clutching his ankle. He rolls out to the floor in agony. The referee counts 10. Hangman is confused but happy all at the same time. He wins the money!

Matt moans in pain and calls for the mic. "Adam, you should've read the fine print on the contract you dumb cowboy. Appendix D, Section 8 CLEARLY states that the monetary stipulation is valid only if victory is achieved by pinfall or submission. You may have won the match but as far as the money goes, you get NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!"
Winner: Adam Page
***1/2, 87% overall
Fake injury AND Willy Wonka reference? Brilliant.
Quote:

Feel Good Segment of the Night

Hangman is pissed as the crowd boos the shit out of Hardy. Suddenly, Hangman is once again blindsided by Private Party! Not again! They do a beat down on Page. Matt slides a chair into the ring, and Private Party attach it to Hangman's ankle. Matt's own ankle is now magically healed, he goes to the top rope...oh god no, they're gonna Pillmanize Hangman....

JOIN THE DARK ORDER

The crowd erupts as The Dark Order hits the ring! They fight off The Hardy Party. Dark Order tried for months to recruit Hangman into their ranks only to be politely declined as Hangman didn't want to join a group, only for Matt to keep putting them down and trying to force the issue with Hangman. Now they've shown back up for Hangman when they've needed him most.

Hangman gets to his feet and sees the Dark Order looking at him. The Dark Order all do their hand salute. Hangman looks conflicted on what to do as the crowd chants "YES". He finally does the salute and everyone loses their shit. Brings a case of beer into the ring as the Dark Order all drink and hug it out.

Rating: 85% overall....and somehow John Silver was the only member of Dark Order to gain overness. Probably stole the scene with his facial expressions. John Silver = ratings
I like how your segments flow into each other and that there's a payoff. Is Silver designated as the leader in the stable? The game typically awards any over points earned in a segment to the leader. The other possibility is his charisma is fairly respectable.

Quote:

AEW World Tag Team Championships: The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho and Maxwell Jacob Friedman) vs. The Young Bucks (C)

Another feud blown off on this one as the top alpha dogs of the Inner Circle try one last chance to win the gold with Jericho's threat of breaking the group up looming.

This was, as you could probably expect from the Bucks at this point, another red hot affair with everyone being super over and the crowd eating up everything. Jericho, not wanting to be outdone by Daniels in the 50 year old athletic move department, tries a Lionsault but gets a knee to the gut! MJF superkicked off the apron Jericho is picked up and the Bucks drive him to the mat with the Meltzer Driver! Bucks win!!! Bye bye Inner Circle!
Winners and STILL AEW World Tag Team Champions: The Young Bucks
****, 91% overall
I'm willing to wager in real life Daniels has the edge over Jericho as far as athleticism is concerned.

Quote:
Main Event - the first ever BLOOD AND GUTS match: AEW TNT Champion Darby Allin, Cody Rhodes, PAC, Rey Fenix, and Jon Moxley vs. AEW World Champion Kenny Omega, Brian Cage, Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz

The game is pretty lazy with writing up War Games Blood and Guts matches, just listing random spots without much about the actual match. I can only assume Cody would've started the match out of pride, and Eddie Kingston not wanting to be outdone would've been in there to start against his rival. Not coincidentally, these two are probably the most likely in the match to get color. Not that I'm a proponent of blade jobs but you really think Cody isn't gonna gig himself in this one?

Anyway I just imagine various spots, mostly people throwing themselves with reckless abandon off the cage. Darby Allin doing a Coffin Drop onto everybody. Fenix doing some flippy stuff off the cage. Brian Cage trying to powerbomb folks through the cage wall. Santana/Ortiz bringing the madball into the cage and whipping the crap out of people. God help us if Moxley decides to pay homage to Foley with thumbtacks, Blood and Guts indeed.

The important thing though is the finish. The match can only end when someone surrenders, and that's exactly what happens when the face team manage to get the heel team at bay and PAC locks in a Brutalizer on Omega. Omega surrenders! PAC just made the AEW World Champion give up!

Winners: The Face Team
***1/4, 83% overall.......well, the game gets lazy and gives it basically the same rating as the regular 10 man tag, fuck you! I say ****1/2!
Uh, I thought we agreed on The Superfriends? Anyways, I figure it's the duty of any Rhodes offspring to bleed like a stuck pig. Hell, I imagine little Dakota running into a tree and just turning the playground sandbox into a sea of blood. War Games isn't necessarily infallible, remember. *cough*1998*cough* There had to have been two guys involved whose stats didn't click.

Quote:

82% Overall Show Rating

That show ruled. A whole night of ***+ matches is pretty fantastic for a non-MAG promotion.
[/QUOTE]

It was a pretty great show. 'Non-M-A-G show' should be a permanent term.
Old 02-23-2021, 11:49 PM   #2903
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
OK, with all of that craziness in the match and Penelope's wonderful assets, how am I supposed to pay that much attention to it when you've got somebody with the moniker of Galaxy's Greatest Alien? I need to take a trip on Google....
She's got a unique look for sure. She's kind of a weirdo and based on interviews I've heard her in, she's genuinely a big nerd which is worth big points in my book.

Quote:
Fake injury AND Willy Wonka reference? Brilliant.
That rant by Wonka was one of my favorite movie lines as a kid.

Quote:
I like how your segments flow into each other and that there's a payoff. Is Silver designated as the leader in the stable? The game typically awards any over points earned in a segment to the leader. The other possibility is his charisma is fairly respectable.
Good shout, it's probably charisma. Dark Order has no official leader since Brodie Lee passed away. Evil Uno is the closest since he started the whole gimmick originally, but I actually said fuck it and listed Colt Cabana as the leader since he was the most over of the group and I assumed that's what impacted the segment rating.

Turns out John Silver slightly nudges him in charisma (only 63 overness for Silver but 88 charisma and decent in ring stats....think he'll eventually get a push) so perhaps the game just allocates the points to the most charismatic member.

Quote:
I'm willing to wager in real life Daniels has the edge over Jericho as far as athleticism is concerned.
You'd be right. Jericho at times has me concerned that he'll wind up being wrestling's latest tragedy, dude clearly embraces the drinker/rockstar lifestyle and his beer gut shows it. Dude's gotten so much bigger than 2016 and not in a good way. In fairness to him, I could only hope to look like he does now when I'm 50 and have not even close to the same amount of wear and tear on my body....but I'm not meant to be going out on national TV either.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #2904
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

SmackDown!: June 1, 2040

We open with what Naomi Bailey is calling her "re-coronation ceremony". She tells us all that it's well-deserved no matter what all of the peasants out there think. Not only did she win Queen of the Ring this year, she beat THREE other Queens on Sunday in dominating fashion. "Now all of you nobodies are going to sit there and shut up as I ascend to the throne of the Queen of Queens and as I take my rightful title I want you all to think about Night of Champions and what I'm going to do to Sonya Braddock! Her days as champion are numbered because we all know she escaped WrestleMania by the skin of her teeth. She doesn't even have the guts to accept my invitation and be out here to witness my coronation! Well, screw her! I only need her to show up at Night of Champions so that I can finish what I started and put a stamp on this year! Now, let's get on with it!"

The typical regal music plays as one of the coronation officials begins to read off a scroll while others prepare Naomi's royal attire. Suddenly the music cuts off and is replaced with Sonya Braddock's and sure enough the Women's Champion makes her way to the ring. She stands in silence as she stares down Naomi for a bit before gesturing that the ceremony proceed.

The scroll reader continues as the two women just glare each other. "On this day in the year of our Lord 2040, the first of the month of June, we gather to bear witness to the crowning of the greatest female monarch to grace this illustrious industry. A woman who pulled herself from the streets as a pugilist and ascended to glory as a goddess. She takes her throne symbolizing the superiority to which we shall all bow. Naomi, take this crown and this scepter as trophies granting you the title which you so richly deserve. You enter this ring the Queen of Ring and I hereby declare that you now shall leave this ring THE UNDISPUTED QUEEN OF QUEENS!"

Naomi smirks in Sonya Braddock's face and then backs herself into her throne and takes a seat. She dismisses everyone but insists that Braddock remain. "Well, what do you have to say now? I give you credit for showing up but you have to admit this is something. I hope you've been enjoying these last few months because Night of Champions is going to be end of Easy Street for you. Oh, but where are my manners? You have my permission to kneel before me."

Braddock remains standing up and keeps her glare fixed on Naomi. Naomi is a bit peeved at this and repeats herself, "I said, 'You have my permission to KNEEL before me'!" Braddock continues her silent statue routine and Naomi only gets more furious. Naomi gets up from her throne and gets back in Braddock's face. "FINE! You don't want to kneel? Makes no difference! You're going to be on your knees BEGGING for my mercy at Night of Champions! And when you look up at me with a sad, pathetic look on your face that's hoping for that mercy, I'm going to smite your sorry ass!"

Sonya Braddock merely smirks and shakes her head. She turns to leave but that only infuriates Naomi even more and she uses this opportunity to hit Braddock with the Bail Out! She plays to the crowd holding her crown and scepter in her apparent triumph BUT BRADDOCK GIVES THE FINGER TO FINISHERS and she pops back up. Naomi turns to see this blatant disregard of wrestling etiquette and is shocked. She tries the scepter route but Braddock blocks it and we've got a struggle over it as the two glare at each other. We get officials come down to try to separate them as the segment ends.

Backstage, Lisa Benton is being interviewed about her decision to make Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle an Iron Woman match on Raw on June 11th. First things first, Benton informs us that neither woman is here tonight as they've both started training for the contest. Benton believes that it's the best way to settle things between the two and she's always made decisions that will hopefully give the fans the best. Benton clarifies the rules for the match. It'll be 30-minutes long and unlike the last time, there will be a sudden death overtime period. Hannah McCormick inserts herself into the picture and berates Lisa Benton for making such a big stink of this match. Hannah is not impressed with either woman and is sick of hearing about them. Hannah's the biggest star there is and the best competitor there is. 10 minutes. 30 minutes. 60 minutes. It doesn't matter! Benton is obviously miffed at being interrupted and declares that Hannah is more than welcome to demonstrate her talking points tonight by taking on Phoebe Hanson.

First Match: Jerome McDougal and the Millennium Rebels vs. Marc Fury, El Silencio, Isaac Wolff
Opening matches with six cruiserweights? Yes, please! This is mainly a showcase for McDougal as he embarks on a mini-feud with Nigel Gallagher from the Brits. Aaron Ramsey also wants in on the action and he helps his client with chicanery and McDougal finishes off Wolff for the pin. ****1/2, 88% overall.

Backstage, Vivian Merrick tries to give an interview with her clients, the Unified Tag Team Champions, The Future Foundation but her jaw is still recovering from being introduced to Braddock's fist on Sunday. She struggles through the pain but eventually has to whisper her words to Rick Hilton who manages to get the point across himself. The Play Pals will be getting their shot at the tag team titles on Raw and that they're going to pay for allowing Braddock to do what she did to Vivian! Then Sonya Braddock will have learned her lesson!

Second Match: Kerry Cemenko vs. Orlando Kincaid
Sort of extending the feud between Cemenko and Cross as Cross is on commentary just ripping into Cemenko over his comments on Superstars. Cross says he's going to dismiss Cemenko because he doesn't demand any attention. What's the last major thing he's done? The end comes when Cemenko and Kincaid both tumble over the announce table into Cross' lap. They eventually return to the ring but Cross screws up an interference attempt and that allows Cemenko to get the pin on Kincaid. The heels are not thrilled with this outcome and they look to make Cemenko pay but Alexander Piero runs out to drive the two of them away. *****, 94% overall.

Haven joins us in the ring and he plans on making this short and simple. Butch Fleming is in possession of something that belongs to Haven. It's only a matter of time before Haven's iron hand makes it around the throat of the poisonous snake and reduces it to a writhing pitiful worm. Quentin McDaniels will be given the same treatment if he chooses to once again accompany Fleming down the primrose path.

McDaniels makes his way out to confront Haven and declares that he has no fear of him. Haven is nothing more than talk and a fancy entrance and McDaniels NEVER felt like Haven deserved to be a leader. Haven is in over his head making threats as McDaniels is the guy who is on track to take the Unified World Title so Haven can shove those pretty words right up his...

McDaniels is cut off by Haven grabbing him by the throat and forcing him into the corner. McDaniels tries to fight back but it's a bit of a rough going for him. Butch Fleming runs out to help with the beatdown and the two heels have got Haven down. Things look pretty bad but NOAH CARMICHAEL makes his return and makes a beeline for Fleming. However, overlooking McDaniels is a fatal error on his part as McDaniels assaults the former champion. Carmichael's return is unfortunately not a triumphant one as the heels stand tall again after they brutalize Carmichael and Haven.

Third Match: Salvatore Scabbia vs. Stone Walsh
Rebuild mode time for Scabbia as I don't want to just discard him. I have a match in mind for him at Night of Champions after all. Brooke proves her worth here as she distracts Walsh long enough for Scabbia to lock in the Omerta for the submission win. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Fourth Match: Leah vs. ???
Nathan Quinn is out here in support of his new client, Leah as he reminds everyone that this contest is Leah against any woman who wants to give it a go. Leah is more than prepared for whoever wants to come down that aisle so who wants to welcome her to the WWE?

For a while it looks like there aren't any takers but soon enough the music of Jamie Roderick hits and the former Women's Champion makes her way out in full ring attire. She signals that she wants the bell rung and it looks like this shit is on!

Fourth Match: Leah vs. Jamie Roderick
Leah is absolutely capable of hanging with Roderick here as things are quite even. Clearly Nathan Quinn has picked himself quite the prize. He does, however, feel the need to show some extra support and that allows Leah to ground Roderick and hit the Sultry Splash for the win! What a debut! ****1/2, 91% overall.

Fifth Match: Ozzy Mandias vs. Miles Shawcross
Ozzy tells us that he still hasn't heard from Romeo Valiente in regards to making amends. The end of this match comes when Valiente himself runs down and drops Ozzy's throat on the top rope allowing Shawcross to score the pin. Afterwards, Valiente just devastates Ozzy with repeated Cassanova Crushes off the top, each time yelling at Ozzy with things like "You want an apology?!?!", "Here's your apology!!!", and "You like that apology?!?" He asks Ozzy who the hell he thinks he is asking for apologies. Ozzy Mandias is left down and out. ****1/2, 91% overall

Sixth Match: Hannah McCormick vs. Phoebe Hanson
McCormick gets on the mic and declares that if Lisa Benton thinks she can buy off McCormick by giving her the main event for tonight, she's mistaken. McCormick will have a date with destiny in regards to Faith and Jenna. The match itself is fucking amazing as these two gel superbly. Bobbi Jo helps out her mentor here and McCormick gets the duke after one hell of a show. *****, 96% overall.

FINAL SEGMENT: The WWE Intercontinental Champion and Money in the Bank holder Brandon Reigns comes out to join us. He made the declaration that tonight would be the night that he announces when he'll be cashing in his Money in the Bank contract. The petty squabbling that we saw earlier between Carmichael and Haven and McDaniels and Fleming is just that: PETTY! It means nothing because in one fell swoop Reigns can change the entire course of the WWE. Now that the glass ceiling is being broken with all of these veterans being swept aside, the bright future that was in store for Reigns is approaching and it will be realized no matter who wants to stand in his way!

Kyle Jacobs comes out to spoil the festivities and reminds Reigns of one really big and important thing standing in his way: Kyle Jacobs at Night of Champions. Jacobs has actually been looking forward to this for quite a while even before Reigns decided to be a giant selfish douche. That night after WrestleMania when the two of them clashed over that championship was exhilarating. It was the kind of competition that Jacobs thrives on and Reigns was the kind of opponent that pushes him to places he's never been before. It was a kind of moment to go on the highlight reel when Jacobs is old and grey and is sharing his career with his grandchildren. Jacobs can certainly understand wanting to break out from someone else's shadow; he has two of his own. But what Reigns did to Connelly was also petty. Jacobs is only interested in the title but make no mistake he's not going to take any crap from Reigns.

Reigns is not amused by this and says that Jacobs isn't in his way; Jacobs is underneath him. Jacobs can only hope to ever come close to achieving what Reigns is going to which brings him to the reason why he's even out here to begin with. A bright future needs a grand stage to contain it and there is a stage out there that's the grandest of them all. So no matter what the main event is or how it ends, Brandon Reigns is going to be sitting at ringside waiting for it to be over so that his bright future is born. He will be cashing in his Money in the Bank contract AT WRESTLEMANIA 57!!!

Jacobs actually nods, apparently impressed with such a bold move. However he does point out that Reigns might have to do it WITHOUT the Intercontinental Title. Reigns looks annoyed and turns away but turns right back and nails Jacobs with the belt! Reigns stands tall with the belt and the briefcase as we go off the air.

Overall show rating: 90%
Old 02-24-2021, 10:48 PM   #2905
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Sonya Braddock merely smirks and shakes her head. She turns to leave but that only infuriates Naomi even more and she uses this opportunity to hit Braddock with the Bail Out! She plays to the crowd holding her crown and scepter in her apparent triumph BUT BRADDOCK GIVES THE FINGER TO FINISHERS and she pops back up. Naomi turns to see this blatant disregard of wrestling etiquette and is shocked. She tries the scepter route but Braddock blocks it and we've got a struggle over it as the two glare at each other. We get officials come down to try to separate them as the segment ends.
Sonya remains a total badass. A complete no-sell of a finisher is something that only works when it's done once in a blue moon and in a situation like this it would get such a huge pop since it's almost unheard of.

Quote:
Backstage, Lisa Benton is being interviewed about her decision to make Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle an Iron Woman match on Raw on June 11th.
Say no more. I'll start the match at 7 stars and see if it works its way up.

Quote:
First Match: Jerome McDougal and the Millennium Rebels vs. Marc Fury, El Silencio, Isaac Wolff
Opening matches with six cruiserweights? Yes, please! This is mainly a showcase for McDougal as he embarks on a mini-feud with Nigel Gallagher from the Brits. Aaron Ramsey also wants in on the action and he helps his client with chicanery and McDougal finishes off Wolff for the pin. ****1/2, 88% overall.
Hell yeah, use those cruisers, if you can fill an entire Rumble with 'em you can have fun and crazy 6-man openers. Wonder how good El Silencio is at calling spots.

Quote:
Fourth Match: Leah vs. ???
Nathan Quinn is out here in support of his new client, Leah as he reminds everyone that this contest is Leah against any woman who wants to give it a go. Leah is more than prepared for whoever wants to come down that aisle so who wants to welcome her to the WWE?

For a while it looks like there aren't any takers but soon enough the music of Jamie Roderick hits and the former Women's Champion makes her way out in full ring attire. She signals that she wants the bell rung and it looks like this shit is on!

Fourth Match: Leah vs. Jamie Roderick
Leah is absolutely capable of hanging with Roderick here as things are quite even. Clearly Nathan Quinn has picked himself quite the prize. He does, however, feel the need to show some extra support and that allows Leah to ground Roderick and hit the Sultry Splash for the win! What a debut! ****1/2, 91% overall.
Open challenges for the win! Especially good when it's answered by somebody who is notable or at least has a prior accolade to their name.

Quote:
Sixth Match: Hannah McCormick vs. Phoebe Hanson
McCormick gets on the mic and declares that if Lisa Benton thinks she can buy off McCormick by giving her the main event for tonight, she's mistaken. McCormick will have a date with destiny in regards to Faith and Jenna. The match itself is fucking amazing as these two gel superbly. Bobbi Jo helps out her mentor here and McCormick gets the duke after one hell of a show. *****, 96% overall.
Impromptu main event match....ends up being a full blown MOTY contender. Holy shitsnacks.

Quote:
Reigns is not amused by this and says that Jacobs isn't in his way; Jacobs is underneath him. Jacobs can only hope to ever come close to achieving what Reigns is going to which brings him to the reason why he's even out here to begin with. A bright future needs a grand stage to contain it and there is a stage out there that's the grandest of them all. So no matter what the main event is or how it ends, Brandon Reigns is going to be sitting at ringside waiting for it to be over so that his bright future is born. He will be cashing in his Money in the Bank contract AT WRESTLEMANIA 57!!!

Jacobs actually nods, apparently impressed with such a bold move. However he does point out that Reigns might have to do it WITHOUT the Intercontinental Title. Reigns looks annoyed and turns away but turns right back and nails Jacobs with the belt! Reigns stands tall with the belt and the briefcase as we go off the air.
Nicely written segment at the end there to set up Reigns' long term and short term goals and keep the story going. And it ends in a belt shot which is always money.

Reigns claiming to cash in at Mania is interesting. WWE to memory had the MITB winner say they would cash in at Mania way in advance twice - once by Mr. Kennedy who was a heel that probably would've cashed in earlier as a swerve, but he immediately got hurt. Then by Daniel Bryan who was face before cashing in early on another face as a prelude to his great heel run.

Reigns, being a dickhead, could always go back on his word. But if January rolls around and he's still not cashed in, Lisa Benton's gonna have to do some thinking. Could be a legit storyline justification for the Rumble being for the World Title instead since the #1 contendership is contractually obligated. Lots of directions it could go.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:06 PM   #2906
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Raw: June 4, 2040

We open with the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, the Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody addressing his recent issues with Jordan Demiras. He reiterates that what happened at Judgment Day wasn't Hotbody's fault. The circumstances just lined up so that fate wasn't in the favor of a loser like Jordan Demiras even with his desire to engage in pelvic sorcery with the boss. He still refuses to face Demiras until proper respect is given and Demiras shows legitimate remorse over what he did last week. He also demands that his record be replaced!

Lisa Benton comes out to engage in a dialogue and wants to make sure she understands everything that Hotbody is claiming. "So let me get something straight. Michael; you had nothing to do with what Zed Jones did to Jordan Demiras?"

"That's right."

"It was a complete accident then?"

"Yes."

"And you just happened to get the win on accident and become the champion through no fault of your own?"

"Yes, thank you. Finally, you're getting it!"

"So, really what you're saying is that you don't actually deserve to be the Cruiserweight Champion?"

Hotbody is taken back by this and stammers through his response. "NO! That's not I'm saying. Don't twist my words! I am the REAL AND TOTALLY LEGIT WWE Cruiserweight Champion! Don't try your mental gymnastics on me!"

"Well it seems to me if you were deserving of the title you'd have no problem facing any real challenge, no?"

"Hey, I don't need this! In fact, I'll defend my title tonight! I'll do one of those open challenge things later tonight! I'll show you and I'll show Jordan Demiras! Then you can both finally get out of my hair and go back to swapping spit with each other!"

Benton has heard enough and proceeds to slap the taste out of Hotbody's mouth. The champion rolls out of the ring grabbing his face in pain and retreats to the back in a fury.

Backstage, Drakken is walking through the halls when HUGO decides he's found his next victim and brutalizes the Wasteland member all over the hallway.

First Match: Hannah McCormick and Bobbi Jo vs. Sarah Moore and Lauren Franklyn
Hannah declares that she's still peeved and that regardless of the outcome of next week's Iron Woman match, she's challenging the winner. This is some excellent women's action and further evidence that a tag division is probably a good idea. McCormick uses her heelery ways to score a cheap pin on Sarah Moore. ****1/2, 89% overall.

Backstage, Butch Fleming meets up with Quentin McDaniels. They have their differences, sure, but Carmichael and Haven are both pains the ass that need to be dealt with. They apparently still haven't learned their lesson and it'll be the pleasure of Fleming and McDaniels to knock them down a peg.

We get a video package hyping up the Iron Woman Match for next week between Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle. This is mainly focused on Jenna and the training she's going through to prepare. As familiar as she is with Faith she still can't truly predict what's in store next week. Faith adapts because it's in her nature so Jenna can't afford to let her guard down. This will be one the defining moments in Jenna's career.

Second Match: WWE Cruiserweight Title
Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody (c) vs. Patrick Dean Quartermaine
Quartermaine answers the challenge because why not? Of course, Hotbody has no intention of actually being serious here and just opts for a bullshit countout win after sending Quartermaine over the railing and quickly running back to the ring to beat the count. Afterwards, Hotbody declares that now he doesn't have to defend his belt for another thirty days! He's going home to relax and Demiras can go suck an egg for all he cares! Not surprisingly Demiras runs in to get him some and Hotbody bails before things get too rough. *****, 95% overall.

Third Match: Seth Von Kamp vs. Clubber Harris
Harris might be reaching the end of his usefulness. Von Kamp keeps up his winning ways here regardless and picks up the pin after the Collapse of Society. *****, 94% overall.

Backstage, Aphrodite is with her client Caleb Greene and they both want to express their disappointment in the betrayal of Lonny Richards. Greene isn't finished with his former friend and is looking forward to round two.

Fourth Match: Nigel Gallagher and The British Infection vs. Jerome McDougal and the Millennium Rebels
These guys work really well together and I might as well continue their feuding. Nigel continues to come into his own here and manages to lead his team to victory after pinning Dangerson after a Union Smack. ****1/4, 88% overall.

Fifth Match: Kerry Cemenko vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns
More guys who have tremendous chemistry. This all about Reigns looking good but Cemenko's comeback is smashed to pieces as Xavier Cross runs in for a DQ. Kyle Jacobs runs down fueled by what went down on SmackDown! and gets him some of Reigns. *****, 95% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified Tag Team Championship
The Future Foundation (c) vs. The Play Pals
The Play Pals finally get their shot here with no other teams in the way. It's a classic tag team affair with Gavin Jones playing face-in-peril. The end comes when the champions' fellow stablemate, Salvatore Scabbia decides to show some comradery by helping Hilton score a cheap pin on Haywood to retain the titles. The Play Pals have their own fellow stablemate in Ryan Pattillo and he runs down to even the odds. He and Scabbia stare each other down as Brooke orders Scabbia to back down as we go off the air. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 88%
Old 02-25-2021, 03:51 AM   #2907
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Sonya remains a total badass. A complete no-sell of a finisher is something that only works when it's done once in a blue moon and in a situation like this it would get such a huge pop since it's almost unheard of.
I like to imagine that Braddock is like Zangief from Street Fighter where she's someone who trains by beating up bears or other dangerous predators. The imagery of Bengal tigers being suplexed around puts a smile on my face.

Quote:
Say no more. I'll start the match at 7 stars and see if it works its way up.
If I recall their last one-on-one encounter under the same rules was fucking stellar but we'll see how 4.2 treats them. I wish you had more control over the way Iron Man matches are booked.

Quote:
Hell yeah, use those cruisers, if you can fill an entire Rumble with 'em you can have fun and crazy 6-man openers. Wonder how good El Silencio is at calling spots.
Now I'm imagining him as someone like Teller who just gets his point across with body language.

Quote:
Open challenges for the win! Especially good when it's answered by somebody who is notable or at least has a prior accolade to their name.
I lucked out in that Leah was at 85 overness after her NXT stint so she's in prime position to be tossed into the deep end. Shame she didn't get more charisma but Nathan Quinn can always use the extra paycheck.

Quote:
Nicely written segment at the end there to set up Reigns' long term and short term goals and keep the story going. And it ends in a belt shot which is always money.

Reigns claiming to cash in at Mania is interesting. WWE to memory had the MITB winner say they would cash in at Mania way in advance twice - once by Mr. Kennedy who was a heel that probably would've cashed in earlier as a swerve, but he immediately got hurt. Then by Daniel Bryan who was face before cashing in early on another face as a prelude to his great heel run.

Reigns, being a dickhead, could always go back on his word. But if January rolls around and he's still not cashed in, Lisa Benton's gonna have to do some thinking. Could be a legit storyline justification for the Rumble being for the World Title instead since the #1 contendership is contractually obligated. Lots of directions it could go.
Well the idea here is that events are going to continue as normal with the winner of the Rumble still getting their title shot at WrestleMania against the champion. It's just that Reigns plans on being there at ringside and cashing in as soon as the match is over. With that said, I am planning on a little twist but we'll see how things unfold. The important thing is all of the stars that Faith and Jenna are going to give me.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:12 AM   #2908
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Second Match: WWE Cruiserweight Title
Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect Michael Hotbody (c) vs. Patrick Dean Quartermaine
Quartermaine answers the challenge because why not? Of course, Hotbody has no intention of actually being serious here and just opts for a bullshit countout win after sending Quartermaine over the railing and quickly running back to the ring to beat the count. Afterwards, Hotbody declares that now he doesn't have to defend his belt for another thirty days! He's going home to relax and Demiras can go suck an egg for all he cares! Not surprisingly Demiras runs in to get him some and Hotbody bails before things get too rough. *****, 95% overall.
Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion-Elect and Current WWE Cruiserweight Champion Michael Hotbody for WWE MVP. Also Patrick Dean Quartermaine, when I see that name I envision a cocky heel down the line.

Only doing the bare minimum in title defenses is an excellent prick move. It's nice to see a 30 day title defense rule actually be enforced, I don't have a rule like that on AEW mostly because I don't do monthly PPVs but after the success of Blood and Guts my hand might be forced soon. Maybe in-game they'll be listed as PPVs even if in my brain they're bonus large events.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:18 AM   #2909
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quartermaine was a snobby heel before in a stable called the Think Tank. Brooke was part of it but sadly his partner isn't part of the game anymore. I should turn him when he decides to hang it up and use him to get a young face over.
Old 02-25-2021, 08:22 AM   #2910
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

I also find it funny that we just brushed off a bullshit quick count out cheap win got 5 stars.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:29 AM   #2911
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

lol yeah, sometimes I wonder if I should omit the star ratings and just put segment rating cause, bullshit count out match aside, the crowd's hot for the character work

I've got plenty of **1/2-**** matches with very respectable overall ratings thanks to crowd reaction.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:24 AM   #2912
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Superstars: May 7, 2040

Opening Match: The Academy vs. The British Infection
Hot opening match tag team action at it's finest. Well, maybe not the finest as these guys aren't the most charismatic. The Millennium Rebels want to ruin things for the Brits and they run in to allow Randy Ellis to hit Nate Exley with Today's Lesson for the win. The Dillingers run down to even things out and stop the heels from any further chicanery. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Second Match: Naomi Bailey vs. Lzzy Ryd
Naomi is HOT and is in a foul mood but rubs her royal accessories in the face of Ryd and the crowd. Ryd hangs with the Queen as well as she can but Naomi needs the win here. She hits the Bail Out and sadly Ryd is NOT Sonya Braddock and the Queen of Queens walks away with the pin. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Lisa Benton wants to address the situation with the Cruiserweight Title. Despite what went down on Raw and what Michael Hotbody wants to claim ALL champions are contractually obligated to defend their respective titles at Night Of Champions. Therefore she is ordering Hotbody to grant Jordan Demiras his rematch for the WWE Cruiserweight Title at the PPV. She demands Hotbody show up soon to respond.

Third Match: Lonny Richards vs. Ozzy Mandias
Nice little big man vs. little man match here. Romeo Valiente is still miffed at Ozzy Mandias and whacks him with a chair allowing Richards to roll him up for the pin. Caleb Greene runs out to prevent any further injustice and to get him some of Richards. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Backstage, King Kavovit approaches Moses McKay. The word is that Lisa Benton is planning some sort of match to determine the number one contenders for the Unified Tag Team Titles for Night Of Champions. Kavovit seems to believe that he and McKay should get in on this. McKay seems open to it seeing as they've had some success recently and any chance at some gold is a good idea. What to call themselves, though?

Fourth Match: The Morris Cousins vs. The Wyldhearts
Nothing but awesome here as these guys show they can work pretty well off each other. The Wyldhearts score a clean win after hitting Lyle Morris with the Heartstopper. Afterwards those dastardly Agents of Change get them some of the Wyldhearts to continue their little soap opera. *****, 96% overall.

We get another video package hyping up the upcoming Iron Woman Match on Raw between Faith Connors and Jenna Kyle. This time it's focused on Faith and the ways that she is preparing. Obviously there's a shit ton of parkour showcased. Faith puts over Jenna as an opponent she's always willing to compete against. Their story comes full circle in a way with this Iron Woman Match and she hopes to be able to close this chapter on a high note.

Backstage, Brooke is with Salvatore Scabbia. She points out that she felt the need to back Scabbia off of Ryan Pattillo because they needed to be smart about him. There are some powerful names in the business that got bit in the ass because they underestimated Pattillo. Scabbia won't be one of them. They issue what they call their only warning.

Fifth Match: Leah vs. Missy Brantley
Another showcase for Leah as she works her way through the division. Nathan Quinn once again feels the need to interject himself allowing Leah to score a pin off a Sultry Splash. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Backstage, the other half of the Wasteland, Duke, is getting his ass beat by Hugo. Is anyone safe from this madman's rampage?

MAIN EVENT: Kerry Cemenko, Alexander Piero, and Martyn LaSalle vs. Xavier Cross, Orlando Kincaid, and Jason Sorola
Closing things out is some hot 6-man action. Piero is the face-in-peril mainly as his inexperience is a detriment to his team. He manages to Popeye up when he notices Kincaid giving Madison a hard time on the outside. Hot tag to Cemenko leads to KATY BAR THE DOOR and the fracas comes to an end when he rolls up Cross for the win. ****1/2, 93% overall.

Overall show rating: 89%
Old 02-25-2021, 11:39 AM   #2913
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Naomi is HOT you say? Always a good thing.

That Hugo is a damn jezebel. Are The Wasteland jobber level enough to drop a 2 on 1 handicap match?
Old 02-25-2021, 11:51 AM   #2914
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Quote:
Naomi is HOT you say? Always a good thing.

That Hugo is a damn jezebel. Are The Wasteland jobber level enough to drop a 2 on 1 handicap match?
I don't do handicap matches. I'm basically doing the Brock Lesnar thing by having him just smash people at random trying to boost his over points. I need to start throwing in some squashes via the pool of indy guys at my disposal because I want him over enough to where I can start unleashing him on my actual roster.

As far as Naomi's hotness level goes I imagine her a 6'1" muscular black woman with abs you can forge a sword on and an attitude like a warthog. I guess that works for some guys.
Old 02-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #2915
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Kinda sound like AEW prospect Jade Cargill

Old 02-25-2021, 12:19 PM   #2916
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

God damn that makes me feel so inadequate.
Old 02-26-2021, 06:11 AM   #2917
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

SmackDown!: June 8, 2040

We open with Lisa Benton informing us that tonight there will be two battle royals, each comprised of 10 tag teams. The teams that win the battle royals will compete on Raw in a number one contenders match to see who will challenge the Future Foundation for the Unified Tag Team Titles at Night Of Champions. Also, tonight's main event will be Noah Carmichael teaming up with Haven to take on Quentin McDaniels and the WWE Unified World Champion Butch Fleming.

In the back, poor Raymond Delaney is the latest victim of Hugo's random acts of violence.

First Match: 10-Team Battle Royal Number One
Competing teams in this one are The Tokyo Titans, Galino & Farnes, El Silencio & Isaac Wolff, The Academy, The Sin City Rollers, The Dillingers, The Wyldhearts, Stanley Coleman and Caleb Greene, The Agents of Change, and the new team of King Kavovit and Moses McKay who insist on being known as The Royal Effect. The main highlights here are Lonny Richards causing trouble for his former buddies, Coleman and Greene causing them to be eliminated and of course the end which comes down to Blaine Bellamey of the Wyldhearts having to hold his own against Kavovit and McKay. Sadly, he is unable to and thus the new team make their mark by winning the whole county fair. The Royal Effect are team number one for the match on Raw. 82% overall.

The Queen of Queens Naomi Bailey is out now still in a furious mood. She was humiliated last week and she won't stand for it. Sonya Braddock thinks she's all that but the truth of the matter is that it's all hype and fluff! Braddock doesn't really know what it means to be in an actual fight for survival. If she ever did it's been long forgotten and replaced with photo shoots and movie premieres. Naomi declares that she's kept her eye on the prize and that the time is now for her to be the one to send Braddock packing. She dares Braddock to come out and try last week's stunt again because Naomi has a hell of a lot more than just one move up her sleeve.

Naturally Sonya Braddock takes umbrage to the gauntlet being thrown down and makes her way out. It's only a brief moment of glaring at each other before both women begin to dish out punishment on each other! It's a brawl that again needs officials to help stop.

Second Match: Romeo Valiente vs. Marc Fury
Well we won't have much in the way of tag matches so might as well stick some cruiserweights out there. Valiente has the experience edge here and cheats his way to victory. It's a tad hollow as Ozzy Mandias runs down to try to get some payback. ****1/2, 91% overall.

Backstage Kerry Cemenko is saddened to admit that Xavier Cross has a point in that it's been a while since Cemenko has accomplished something major. He wishes he could be like Cross whose last major thing was being destroyed by Haven. Cemenko does have an idea that he would like to run by Cross, however.

Back to the ring as it's one of the competitors of the Iron Woman Match this upcoming Raw, Jenna Kyle. She talks about what a week it's been as far as pushing herself goes. A moment like this, a match like this, a milestone like this doesn't come along very often but when it does you want to be at 120% because you'll regret it for the rest of your life if you're not. Faith is looking at this match as some form of reconciliation and, sure, Jenna can see that. Jenna will be looking to reconcile a lot of what's been going on in her head for the last year and use this Iron Woman Match as a platform. This path that Faith and Jenna have been on has been entangled for too long and it's time for it to come to an end.

Faith decides to make her presence known as she is also here tonight taking a break from her training. Faith believes that the two of them can continue on a new path but they're going to need to survive Monday. It's going to be thirty minutes of hell and quite possibly the longest thirty minutes the two will ever experience. Faith will accept the outcome and the aftermath no matter how heartbreaking or how joyous it may be because that's what a real woman does. She only asks Jenna if she's prepared to do the same. Jenna simply replies, "We'll just have to see, won't we?" We go to break with the two staring each other down.

Third Match: 10-Team Battle Royal Number Two
The participants here are The Young Bloods, The Millennium Rebels, The Wasteland, The Play Pals still peeved over what went down on Raw, Ronnie Costello and Salvatore Scabbia, The British Infection, The Wolves of Wall Street, The Southern Gentlemen, The Morris Cousins, and Michael Hotbody and Zed Jones who join because Hotbody still has no intention of facing Demiras and Benton can kiss his ass because he wants more gold. Highlights here are Ryan Pattillo running in to prevent Scabbia from destroying the Play Pals with a chair leading to Scabbia and Costello getting eliminated and the end which boils down to Hotbody and Gavin Jones. Zed Jones tries his hand at helping out and it looks like the Play Pals are done for but JORDAN DEMIRAS comes out of nowhere to smack Zed with a chair and stop his chicanery! This shocks Hotbody long enough for Gavin to recover and toss the WWE Cruiserweight Champion for the win! The Play Pals have new life as they move on to face The Royal Effect on Raw. 90% overall

Fourth Match: Leah vs. Frankie
More goodness from Leah but this time around Carmella Costello lends a hand and causes Frankie to get counted out. Carmella continues with a beat down afterwards on the fallen Frankie. ****1/2, 87% overall.

Fifth Match: Kyle Jacobs vs. Doug Michaels
Brandon Reigns is watching this from the stage as he looks forward to Night Of Champions. Kyle is in prime form here and he uses this opportunity to deliver a message to the Intercontinental Champion. Jacobs picks up the win after a Legacy Bomb. ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: WWE Unified World Champion Butch Fleming and Quentin McDaniels vs. Haven and Noah Carmichael
A brawl to say the least as these four have such tremendous tension between them. McDaniels gets a tad overzealous in his hatred for Carmichael and gets DQ'ed after refusing to listen to the ref's commands. Butch Fleming is not pleased with this and the two heels are at each others' throats arguing as we go off the air. *****, 94% overall.

Old 02-26-2021, 08:05 AM   #2918
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I'm a big battle royal mark so having two on one show is excellent. Good to see Kavovit and McKay being given something, yet another stacked division.

Hearing the comparison of Hugo to Brock and the name "Raymond Delaney" has me imagining what it would've been like to see Brock absolutely ragdoll Colin Delaney during the midst of his run of getting beaten up by big guys every week.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:19 AM   #2919
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Yeah, Brock would've left Delaney an abstract puddle of paste on the floor. I always wondered whatever happened to that loveable jobber.

I could spend a good thirty minutes with Jenna and Faith....
Old 02-27-2021, 12:50 AM   #2920
M-A-G
Higher. Further. Faster.

Raw: June 11, 2040

Opening Match: The Royal Effect vs. The Play Pals
We're not wasting any time getting right into the thick of things as we see these two teams battle it out for a shot at the tag team titles at Night of Champions. The new team of McKay and Kavovit might be the talk of the town but the Play Pals have the experience advantage and it culminates in Haywood getting a tap out win over Kavovit to win the title shot for his team. Speaking of which the champions themselves try a run in attack afterwards but they get repelled by the challengers. *****, 96% overall.

We get Kerry Cemenko out now and he brings up his comments from SmackDown!. Xavier Cross' accusations ring somewhat true but like he said, Cemenko has a proposal that already has the approval of Lisa Benton. So with that said he'd like Cross to come out here and hear Cemenko out. Cross comes out looking annoyed and tells Cemenko that he's not interested in wasting any more time with him. Cemenko counters that Cross will be very interested in investing more time because Cemenko is asking for one more match between the two of them. The catch is it will be a number one contender match for the Unified World Title. This certainly grabs Cross' attention but Cross boasts how Cemenko is over his head if he wants to go down this road. Cemenko not only wants to go down that road, he's going to be the bus driver that takes Cross' ass to school. Cross turns and chuckles in apparent amusement but then tries a cheap shot. Cemenko is quick to this though and drops Cross with a shot of his own. Cross decides to bail but issues threats as he takes his leave.

Backstage Michael Hotbody meets up with Lisa Benton. Hotbody wants to let her know that he's sick of all of the calls and messages and what nots he's been getting. He reiterates that he's not facing Jordan Demiras at Night of Champions no matter the consequences because Demiras is a rude person who doesn't give Hotbody the proper amount of respect Hotbody deserves. Benton suggests that maybe she should strip Hotbody of the Cruiserweight Title if that's going to be his attitude. Hotbody accuses her of abusing her authority and playing favorites. Just because Demiras is the only person on the roster willing to play Hide the Salami with Benton doesn't mean she can be abusive to everyone else. Benton looks to slap Hotbody again but Hotbody catches her hand and gives her a threatening look. Luckily, Jordan Demiras arrives on the scene and Hotbody backs off. Hotbody then tells the two of them that he has a proposal. If Jordan wants his title shot so bad, he should face an opponent of Hotbody's choosing tonight and if he wins, he'll get his match at Night of Champions no questions asked. But if he loses, Demiras doesn't get squat and Hotbody gets the night off. What does Demiras say? Demiras accepts and Hotbody takes his leave...but not before mentioning that the opponent in mind is Zed Jones.

Second Match: The British Infection and The Dillingers vs. The Millennium Rebels and The Academy
More multi-man goodness. This combined with SmackDown! makes me think I have way too many teams. Anyways, Brooke makes her presence felt here as she allows Justin Mitchell to score a cheap pin on Ben Dillinger. ****1/4, 89% overall.

The Intercontinental Champion Brandon Reigns decides to come out to the ring and get some things off his chest. What he did to Jake Connelly doesn't make him a bad person. What he's planning on doing with his Money in the Bank contract doesn't make him a bad person. What he going to do to Kyle Jacobs at Night of Champions also doesn't make him a bad person. It's merely life. The best overcomes the rest of the pack no matter the circumstances and certainly no matter the hurt feelings of anyone who wants to judge you. The only thing that would make him a bad person is he doesn't live up to the potential that he has. If anything that would make Kyle Jacobs a bad person because he's spent his time choking on the legacy and shadow of his pathetic uncle and father! Naturally this brings out Jacobs in a fury but Reigns decides he's done for the night and takes his leave.

Third Match: Zed Jones vs. Jordan Demiras
We've been informed that Michael Hotbody is not allowed at ringside for the match...so naturally he sneaks up behind Demiras BEFORE the match starts and sends him into the ring steps and beats on him before heading to the back. Demiras insists on going through with the match. He gets his wish but Jones has quite the advantage and just overpowers the former champion. Demiras is fueled by rage however and won't go away easy. He manages enough of a comeback to hit a top rope Axe Kick and score the win. Hotbody IMMEDIATELY storms down to offer his congratulations and a chair so Demiras sit and rest but Demiras is too much of a klutz and he smacks into it with his head. Jones and Hotbody then notice a bunch of spiders all over Demiras' body and act quickly by stomping them over and over again. Hotbody may have saved Demiras from what sure could have been a medical disaster. ****1/2, 91% overall

Fourth Match: Hannah McCormick and Carmella Costello vs. Phoebe Hanson and Frankie
Hannah makes it clear that she still wants the winner of tonight's Iron Woman Match. More quality shit from the ladies here as Brooke pulls double duty and distracts Frankie long enough for McCormick to set her up for a Spotlight off the top for the pin. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Backstage, Quentin McDaniels and Butch Fleming have gotten into a scuffle with Noah Carmichael and Haven. Everyone's yelling at each other, all laying claim to the Unified World Title. Lisa Benton arrives with officials and tells them all to settle down and shut up because she's going to rectify this issue right now. The main event at Night of Champions will be Butch Fleming defending the Unified World Title against Carmichael, McDaniels, AND Haven in a fatal four-way. She orders all of them to back down right now or she'll remove them from the match.

Fifth Match: Ryan Pattillo vs. L.A. Xander
Simply a match to put Pattillo over. After he scores a win with the Shutdown, Salvatore Scabbia makes his way down and locks in the Omerta on Pattillo until he passes out. Scabbia stands tall after sending his message. ****1/2, 92% overall.

Sixth Match: Lonny Richards vs. Caleb Greene
Another chapter between the two former partners and it's another big man vs. little man style encounter. Nathan Quinn doesn't feel that confident about his client's chances this time around though and pulls Greene out of the ring to stop a potential pinfall after Greene hits the Greene With Envy. Both he and Richards double-team Caleb afterwards. ****1/2, 92% overall.

MAIN EVENT: Iron Woman Match: Faith Connors vs. Jenna Kyle
And here we go....

Jenna makes her way out looking as ready as she's going to be. Maybe not as hot as she's ever going to be but that's neither here nor there. Let's go back to the stage....

And here comes Faith making her usual acrobatic entrance. Clearly both women looked prepped and ready to go. We even get some dueling chants with "LET'S GO JENNA!" and "WE HAVE FAITH!"

It's a rough but even first few minutes as they go back and forth. The first decision comes after Faith counters an errant kick from Jenna into the Crisis of Faith to pick up the pin and go up 1-0.

11 minutes in and this time Jenna gets the upper hand throughout the most of the exchange. Faith has to resort to desperation moves to keep Jenna off her back. She manages to set up Jenna for a Mirror's Edge but Jenna follows her up and brings her off the top with a super belly-to-back suplex and that's enough to stun Faith for Jenna to hit a Kyle Driver to tie things up at 1-1.

We're down to the last 5 minutes and the intensity picks up. Faith decides to play things smart and stay grounded which throws Jenna off a tad. She's eventually able to adapt and latches in her Boston Crab in the closing moments. Faith refuses to tap and it looks like we may be going into overtime but Faith makes the ropes and Jenna lets go not wanting to give up another fall. She looks for the Kyle Driver but Faith escapes and slings Jenna into the ropes and then follows up with a 6-1-9 of all things! Faith then launches off of Jenna's body and springboards off the top rope to hit the Mirror's Edge to go up 2-1 and time expires. ******, 100% overall, piece in the Middle East is achieved, all the men had erections and all the women were ovulating, left and right.

Post-match, we get an apparent face turn from Jenna as she goes through with a handshake as we go off the air.