TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > sports forum

Old 06-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #441
RoXer
History's Greatest, Mr. E

RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RoXer makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Tim Lincecum has a no-no through 8.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:23 PM   #442
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
He's got it.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #443
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Good for Lunecum.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #444
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Padres got themselves a legit kryptonite on their hands. The Freak no-hitting them twice within a year is not good.

Watch another Giant get a no-no in a few days. Dodgers and Giants will be going back and forth all season.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:23 PM   #445
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is my favourite MLB pitcher, good on him.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:38 PM   #446
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Pirates and Angels swap relivers. Jason Grilli for Ernesto Frieri.

Who turns it around first?
Old 06-27-2014, 09:34 PM   #447
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Can someone lift the injury curse that was placed upon the Braves? I would be greatly appreciative.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:33 PM   #448
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
We’re less than a week away from voting closing for the All Star Game, and presumably the player ballot has already been done or will be very soon so the managers can make their picks. I believe next week is when they’ll reveal the initial rosters anyway, so I’ll continue my annual tradition of guessing how the rosters will shake out. Gives me a good excuse to be a stat nerd and look through the league.

Keep in mind this isn’t necessarily who I think SHOULD make the team, but how I think it will play out based on how the voting is conducted. The fans elect the starting lineups, the players elect a backup at each position, 5 starting pitchers, and 3 relievers, and the manager fills out the rest and picks the Final Vote guys. Besides, the rosters are bound to even change beyond this as players drop out due to injury or ineligibility. Anyway, let’s get to it:

National League

Fan-Elected Starters

C: Yadier Molina, St. Louis Cardinals
1B: Paul Goldschmidt, Arizona Diamondbacks
2B: Chase Utley, Philadelphia Phillies
SS: Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado Rockies
3B: Aramis Ramirez, Milwaukee Brewers
OF: Yasiel Puig, Los Angeles Dodgers
OF: Andrew McCutchen, Pittsburgh Pirates
OF: Carlos Gomez, Milwaukee Brewers

I just went with the current leaders from the most recent polling update this week. Goldschmidt, Tulowitzki, and Puig are no-doubters to start at their positions. There are better options to start at C and 2B than Molina and Utley, but both were going to make the team anyway – Molina because he’s Molina and Utley because nobody else from the Phillies deserves it. Todd Frazier has been the best 3B in the NL by far but isn’t even in the top 5 of voting, Ramirez has a slim lead but Milwaukee is on a voting blitzkrieg so I think he’ll make it. That’s why I also think Gomez will hang onto the 3rd OF spot, he and McCutchen are certainly both deserving. I think Giancarlo Stanton should be in the starting lineup but it might work out better that he doesn’t get voted in since can simply DH instead while the better defenders play the field.

Player Balloting
C: Jonathan Lucroy, Milwaukee Brewers
1B: Anthony Rizzo, Chicago Cubs
2B: Dee Gordon, Los Angeles Dodgers
SS: Starlin Castro, Chicago Cubs
3B: Todd Frazier, Cincinnati Reds
OF: Charlie Blackmon, Colorado Rockies
OF: Michael Morse, San Francisco Giants
OF: Giancarlo Stanton, Miami Marlins
SP: Madison Bumgarner, San Francisco Giants
SP: Johnny Cueto, Cincinnati Reds
SP: Clayton Kershaw, Los Angeles Dodgers
SP: Alfredo Simon, Cincinnati Reds
SP: Adam Wainwright, St. Louis Cardinals
RP: Craig Kimbrel, Atlanta Braves
RP: Francisco Rodriguez, Milwaukee Brewers
RP: Huston Street, San Diego Padres

Stanton is pretty much guaranteed to get elected, and as mentioned above he should probably be the NL’s DH and hopefully be in the Home Run Derby. I think Frazier will get a lot more respect from the players than he got from the fans. Lucroy has been better than Molina this year. Gordon’s blazing speed should win him a ton of votes from the players. Blackmon and Morse have been big surprises this year, way better than anybody could have expected. And how about those Cubs? Normally I’d say a last place team shouldn’t get 2 reps, but I think the circumstances are right for it to happen. Rizzo is having an incredible season, just way too good to pass up. Castro and Hanley Ramirez are having really similar seasons, but Castro has still been better so I’ll say the players give him some love in spite of his team.

From the pitching side, Wainwright, Cueto, and Bumgarner would seem to be locks to get voted in straight away. Kershaw missed a good chunk of the season, but with 2 Cy Youngs, a no-hitter, and still being crazy good this year, I would be shocked if he didn’t get the player support. Simon has been a huge surprise this season and I think the players vote him in as he’s at the top of the NL in wins. For the relievers, Kimbrel still has his reputation and insane strikeout rate, K-Rod is having himself a career rejuvenation, and Street hasn’t blown a save yet.

Manager Selections
C: Evan Gattis, Atlanta Braves
1B: Justin Morneau, Colorado Rockies
2B: Daniel Murphy, New York Mets
OF: Justin Upton, Atlanta Braves
SP: Zack Greinke, Los Angeles Dodgers
SP: Tim Hudson, San Francisco Giants
SP: Lance Lynn, St. Louis Cardinals
SP: Tanner Roark, Washington Nationals
RP: Jean Machi, San Francisco Giants

Mike Matheny’s first task is to make sure every team has a rep. While David Wright might be the most well-known player on the Mets, Murphy has clearly been their best everyday player so he rightfully gets the nod. The poor first place Nationals don’t have a rep yet either, so breakout pitcher Tanner Roark gets tabbed for a spot.

Anthony Rendon would give the Nats another rep, but there are too many hitters having better seasons, which is why Gattis and Morneau get picked. I think Matheny will also want to take another OF especially if Stanton is the DH, and I can’t see him taking Ryan Braun with his controversy, so Justin Upton is in. Two more Giants get in as the highly respected Hudson is picked, as is Machi who has been ridiculous as a set-up guy. Greinke is selected in a tough call over Josh Beckett. One spot left and with so many good starters in the mix, we haven’t gotten a homer pick yet so I think that’ll be the tiebreaker for Lance Lynn.

Final Vote Candidates
SP: Henderson Alvarez, Miami Marlins
SP: Josh Beckett, Los Angeles Dodgers
RP: Trevor Rosenthal, St. Louis Cardinals
SP: Jeff Samardzija, Chicago Cubs
SP: Julio Teheran, Atlanta Braves

The NL is just loaded with starting pitchers that could have easily been All Stars, enough so that I think Matheny could very easily just load up his Final Vote list with them. I threw Rosenthal in as well as a way of Matheny rewarding one of his guys, would have been Michael Wacha but he just landed on the DL. If Matheny does decide to put position players on his list, I imagine Hanley Ramirez, Freddie Freeman, and Neil Walker will all receive consideration.

American League

Fan-Elected Starters

C: Derek Norris, Oakland Athletics
1B: Miguel Cabrera, Detroit Tigers
2B: Robinson Cano, Seattle Mariners
SS: Derek Jeter, New York Yankees
3B: Josh Donaldson, Oakland Athletics
OF: Mike Trout, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
OF: Jose Bautista, Toronto Blue Jays
OF: Melky Cabrera, Toronto Blue Jays
DH: Nelson Cruz, Baltimore Orioles

Like with the NL, I stuck with the current vote leaders, the one exception being at C. Matt Wieters is somehow still in the lead there despite not playing in 2 months. Still, Norris is gaining on him and will likely be the starter anyway even if Wieters gets elected. That should be 2 starters for the A’s, whose fans have done a great job ensuring Donaldson isn’t snubbed again this year. Miguel Cabrera, Cano, Trout, and Bautista are all winning handily and rightly so. There was no way on God’s green Earth that Jeter wasn’t getting the start in his final season despite his crappy numbers. Not sure why Cruz is on the ballot as a DH since he’s played the field more than he’s DHed, but he’s winning that race which in turn frees up a OF spot for Melky Cabrera to get elected, not sure the players would have put him on the team following his steroid controversy a couple of years ago.

Player Balloting
C: Salvador Perez, Kansas City Royals
1B: Jose Abreu, Chicago White Sox
2B: Ian Kinsler, Detroit Tigers
SS: Alexei Ramirez, Chicago White Sox
3B: Adrian Beltre, Texas Rangers
OF: Michael Brantley, Cleveland Indians
OF: Yoenis Cespedes, Oakland Athletics
OF: Adam Jones, Baltimore Orioles
DH: Edwin Encarnacion, Toronto Blue Jays
SP: Mark Buehrle, Toronto Blue Jays
SP: Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers
SP: Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
SP: Scott Kazmir, Oakland Athletics
SP: Masahiro Tanaka, New York Yankees
RP: Dellin Betances, New York Yankees
RP: Greg Holland, Kansas City Royals
RP: Koji Uehara, Boston Red Sox

Much like with Cruz, Encarnacion has played the field way more than DH, but I think the players vote from the same ballot as the fans and he’s listed as a DH there. I can’t see the players not voting for the HR/RBI leader so he’s in as backup DH which frees up the rookie powerhouse Abreu to be named as backup 1B. Jones, Kinsler, and Beltre get in for reputation and they’re all having good seasons. Alexei is having the best year for any AL SS and probably would start if it weren’t Jeter’s final year. I thought about Bryan McCann who always seems to make the All Star Game, but really a guy hitting .220 shouldn’t be there, Perez is much better. Brantley gets respect for his breakout season. Poor Brandon Moss is a victim of also being listed as DH on the ballot, but his loss is his teammate Cespedes’ gain.

I’d be stunned if Tanaka, Hernandez, Buehrle, and Darvish aren’t all voted in by the players. Can’t argue with any of them. Kazmir got destroyed in his last start but has still been really good, enough so that I think he gets voted in by the players as well. Holland’s been the best closer in the AL this year and Uehara has picked right up where he left off last year. I’m not sure if a non-closing reliever has ever gotten in via player ballot, but if Betances doesn’t with the kind of year he’s having then I’m pretty sure nobody ever will.

Manager Selections
2B: Jose Altuve, Houston Astros
DH: Victor Martinez, Detroit Tigers
SP: Jon Lester, Boston Red Sox
SP: Garrett Richards, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
SP: Phil Hughes, Minnesota Twins
SP: Chris Sale, Chicago White Sox
RP: Jake McGee, Tampa Bay Rays

3 teams left without a rep. Altuve is the easy choice for the Astros, gives some speed for the bench and he’s easily been their best player. Hughes has had a big bounceback season for the hometown Twins. With only 2 closers on the roster I feel bad snubbing Sean Doolittle and Fernando Rodney, among others. But the Rays do need a rep so I reckon it’ll be McGee.

Martinez gets in as the only true DH on the roster because he has been amazing, but that being said I guarantee John Farrell will consider taking David Ortiz as a loyalty pick. I do think he’ll reward Lester with a spot, not unlike Jim Leyland rewarded Justin Verlander last year. Lester hasn’t been bad or anything but there are better options such as Dallas Keuchel, Sonny Gray, and Jesse Chavez. Sale is kinda like Kershaw, missed time but still incredible when he’s on the mound so Farrell gives him the nod. Richards gets the last spot with a breakout campaign and because the Angels deserve a second rep anyway.

Final Vote Candidates
2B: Brian Dozier, Minnesota Twins
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury, New York Yankees
OF: Alex Gordon, Kansas City Royals
OF: Brandon Moss, Oakland Athletics
DH: David Ortiz, Boston Red Sox

If Farrell doesn’t take Big Papi for the roster, I’d be really surprised if he wasn’t given a chance to be voted in. Dozier gives Minnesota fans a chance to have a second Twin elected for the game at Target Field. Moss, Gordon, and Ellsbury unfortunately get squeezed out in a deep OF pool this year. Most of the pitchers I mentioned earlier (Keuchel, Chavez, Gray, Doolittle, Rodney) should be in play if Farrell wants some arms on his Final Vote list.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #449
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Jays linked to Chase Headley. I really dont want the Jays dealing prospect Daniel Norris. He's a stud. Im open to seeing Aaron Sanchez moved.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:31 AM   #450
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Care to inform us on Norris, Gertie?
Old 06-30-2014, 02:45 PM   #451
screech
Shelly Martinez = Ratings

screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)screech makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Radio station here is asking if it's time to move on from Dominic Brown. They've come around!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:04 AM   #452
road doggy dogg
wekasauce

road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)road doggy dogg makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Rajai Davis awesome walk-off last night. lost my shit
Old 07-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #453
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

And the Yankees are now sitting at .500
Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #454
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Olt Jolt!
Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #455
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Encarsmashion!
Old 07-03-2014, 04:01 PM   #456
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
A's staying in Oakland for at least another 10 years after agreeing to a stadium lease extension with the city.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #457
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

Bad day for Yankees fans. CC Sabathia is on the DL indefinitely for a bad knee, and Solarte got sent down.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #458
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
And tomorrow will be a sad day not only for Yankees fans but for baseball fans everywhere as it will mark 75 years since Lou Gehrig's famous "Luckiest man on the face of the earth" speech.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:36 PM   #459
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Orioles sweep the Rangers in 4 and are now tied for first place with the Jays.

Take that back. The O's are in first by .001 percentage points (.541-.540)

Woohoo!
Old 07-04-2014, 12:38 PM   #460
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

What on earth were the White Sox thinking?

Old 07-04-2014, 10:50 PM   #461
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Cubs send Jeff Samardzija and Jason Hammel to the A's for Addison Russell.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:05 PM   #462
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey View Post
Care to inform us on Norris, Gertie?
He's a lefty, throws around 95, been destroying High A and now AA. They just can't deal him.

A pitching staff of

Hutchison
Stroman
Norris
Sanchez
Hoffman

That's insane potential.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:07 PM   #463
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That seems like not a lot for 2 pitchers. I get Russell is a top prospect but still..
Old 07-04-2014, 11:27 PM   #464
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

A's also sending 3 more players (1 to be named later) and a draft pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
The Cubs will receive pitcher Dan Straily as well as shortstop Addison Russell, the top prospect in the Athletics' system. The A's also are sending over outfielder Billy McKinney, the 24th overall pick in the 2013 draft, and a player to be named later.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #465
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Russell was pretty much the only nearly-ready position player prospect that the A's had. Better hope they win it all in 2014.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:55 PM   #466
Droford

I'm just happy neither Toronto or NY got samardzija.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #467
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Saw Russell in the AFL. Looked good defensively but seemed over matched at the plate alot. AFL is a hitters league too but everyone seems to think he's a bad ass.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:45 AM   #468
Damian Rey

Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Damian Rey puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Because he is. AFL is not a good place to judge minor league talent. Big time trade, and creates more middle infield elite prospect drama for the Cubs. Man, I really wish Jed had never left San Diego. Cubs are gonna be a force.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:57 AM   #469
Droford

Its a shame the o's couldn't have traded for Samardzija cause the Cubs would have had 3-4 more former Orioles players to go with Hammel, Arrieta and Strop along with Tsuyoshi Wada who they got from the Orioles.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:27 AM   #470
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Frank Drebin makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lol....AFL not a good place to judge minor league talent. If it weren't it wouldn't exist and the 50 scouts who were there at every game must have been watching porn on their speed guns.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:41 AM   #471
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

Heh. Samardzija pitched his way out of Chicago. I remember that was someone's advice.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:48 AM   #472
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Heh yah. Forgot about that. He's from NW Indiana and supposedly grew up a Cub fan though. If he wanted to go to a competitive team he got it...If he wanted one that had better facilities than Wrigley, well, at least Wrigley never had problems with toilets always overflowing.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #473
Damian Rey

Look it up, bud. Scouts don't use the AFL as a defining method of evaluation for a number of reasons, such as the wide varying range of age and talent, and the time of year. Case in point is Junior Lake. He fucking blows, but put on a show in the AFL. Nobody was calling him a start prospect during that run.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #474
Innovator
Inno Knows.

Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Innovator makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post
Bad day for Yankees fans. CC Sabathia is on the DL indefinitely for a bad knee, and Solarte got sent down.
Thanks Obama
Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #475
Damian Rey

Seeing how stacked the Cubs have become since Jed took over makes me sad. I have zero doubt the Posted would've been in a similar situation, maybe better, had our then ownership committed to extending him. #imissjed
Old 07-05-2014, 01:43 PM   #476
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

Quote:
Look it up, bud. Scouts don't use the AFL as a defining method of evaluation for a number of reasons, such as the wide varying range of age and talent, and the time of year. Case in point is Junior Lake. He fucking blows, but put on a show in the AFL. Nobody was calling him a start prospect during that run.
He's been a top ten prospect in the Cubs system so it's not like he's obscure. It's not the be all end all for evaluation but it's a big enough stage that it matters. If you want to go back to the cubs, they had Dallas Beeler go to evaluate if they should place him on the 40 man roster or leave him unprotected for the rule 5 draft. Apparently they felt it was a good enough proving ground.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #477
RP
King of Love and Piss

RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)RP makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Seeing how stacked the Cubs have become since Jed took over makes me sad. I have zero doubt the Posted would've been in a similar situation, maybe better, had our then ownership committed to extending him. #imissjed
Well, it's easy to get stacked when you're constantly drafting in the top 3 every year.
Old 07-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #478
DaveWadding
LIMITLESS

DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DaveWadding makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Man, just what the Cubs needed, another elite middle infield prospect. Maybe they can trade Castro to New York for Harvey and Syndergaard now...
Old 07-05-2014, 01:57 PM   #479
RP
King of Love and Piss

Don't know what I think about this trade. I thought the whole point was to get pitching in the farm system. I don't know if Jeff is a full blown Ace, but we'll find out. I think Hammel will come down to earth, but still bee decent for the A's.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:19 PM   #480
Frank Drebin
Large Marge sent me

I'll actually agree with droford and say I'm kinda surprised the cubs didn't shoot for some type of bundy/gausman deal. Theo probably realizes arms fall off alot easier on SPs. Still...used to wonder how all these guys were going to get playing time at the big league level, now wondering the same all the way down to AA. Can't expect all these guys to work out but still....has to be thinking there is some sort of market deficiency on middle IFs