TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 12-16-2003, 02:28 PM   #1
push_booker_t

push_booker_t has done some stupid things
What if WCW and ECW were still going?

Imagine it. It would be good cos then there's some competiton for vinnie mac. They'd be no booker t, no rvd, no goldberg working for vinnie mac, then maybe RVD would be a world champ, booker would get the push he deserves and goldberg wouldn't have to job to triple h.
push_booker_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
Ian

Ian has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Ian has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Ian has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Ian has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Ian has a good deal of rep (10,000+)Ian has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
great, lets not do this again.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 03:16 PM   #3
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong

Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
asphyXy
Chill out, dickwad.

asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)asphyXy has a relatively large amount of rep (50,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.
WCW and ECW are returning in 9 days?
asphyXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 03:58 PM   #5
KayfabeMan
TPWW's Glass Ceiling

KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Without getting into a major discussion:

If WCW & ECW were still open,the business would be doing 100% better.

Competition is what made/makes the wrestling business,and
without it,it isn't as exciting.ALOT of diehard WCW fans tuned
into WWF programming to see what the competitor was doing,
but when WCW closed they tuned out of wrestling altogether;
same with ECW.
KayfabeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:22 PM   #6
KayfabeMan
TPWW's Glass Ceiling

KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)KayfabeMan puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Kane
Plus, if there was no ECW and WCW right now, we wouldn't have the roster split.
So...there is a WCW and ECW right now?
Old 12-16-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
Kenny
Luke 15:11-32

Kenny has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Kenny has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by push_booker_t
Imagine it. It would be good cos then there's some competiton for vinnie mac. They'd be no booker t, no rvd, no goldberg working for vinnie mac, then maybe RVD would be a world champ, booker would get the push he deserves and goldberg wouldn't have to job to triple h.
I was just thinking about how much I missed WCW the other day. I used to catch WCW Satuday Night on TBS at 6:05 every week and it was just a cool weekend show. I wish it was like it was back before WCW really started competing with the WWE.

WCW show came on at 9:05 am, followed by WWF Livewire at 10 pm. Then I'd play with my little wrestling figures for about an hour and another WWF show came on at noon.

At 6:05 WCW Saturday Night came on until about 8:05, and late at night, I think it was midnight another WWF show was on. Then later on at about 1:00 am the AWF was on. I got to see people like Tito, Slaughter, LOD, and 2 Cold Scorpio on that show. It was cool.

Then Sunday night I woke up to WWF Superstars.

My God were those the days. The WWE really needs some competition big enough to have a few shows a week on basic cable. Unfortunately it would be VERY, VERY hard because of all the wrestling critics, and the fact that the WWE has all the stars that the WWF and WCW made with the exception of Sting.

I think they'd have a shot though.
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:32 PM   #8
Loose Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny5682
I was just thinking about how much I missed WCW the other day. I used to catch WCW Satuday Night on TBS at 6:05 every week and it was just a cool weekend show. I wish it was like it was back before WCW really started competing with the WWE.

WCW show came on at 9:05 am, followed by WWF Livewire at 10 pm. Then I'd play with my little wrestling figures for about an hour and another WWF show came on at noon.

At 6:05 WCW Saturday Night came on until about 8:05, and late at night, I think it was midnight another WWF show was on. Then later on at about 1:00 am the AWF was on. I got to see people like Tito, Slaughter, LOD, and 2 Cold Scorpio on that show. It was cool.

My God were those the days. The WWE really needs some competition big enough to have a few shows a week on basic cable. Unfortunately it would be VERY, VERY hard because of all the wrestling critics, and the fact that the WWE has all the stars that the WWF and WCW made with the exception of Sting.

Ahh yes, I remember the days of WWE Wrestling Superstars on Saturday Mornings and WWE Wrestling Challenge on Sunday Mornings. Great Times.

The one segment that stands out on eathier of those shows to me, was the barber shop segment with the Rockers. I was like eight years old and totally shocked after that.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:41 PM   #9
KayfabeMan
TPWW's Glass Ceiling

Quote:

Old 12-16-2003, 04:43 PM   #10
Mr.Violent J

Mr.Violent J does not have that much rep yet (10+)
That seems to be one of the things old school fans remember most, when HBK kicked Marty through the glass. That was pretty hardcore for those times. I'm not sure how old I was at the time but that definitely sticks out when I think about Superstars on saturday mornings. That... and...... I was watching one morning and HHH was going against some jobber. When HHH went for the pedigree the jobber didn't keep his body horizontal and ended up landing straight down on his head. I was amazed he was not hurt.
Mr.Violent J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:48 PM   #11
Loose Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Violent J
That seems to be one of the things old school fans remember most, when HBK kicked Marty through the glass. That was pretty hardcore for those times. I'm not sure how old I was at the time but that definitely sticks out when I think about Superstars on saturday mornings. That... and...... I was watching one morning and HHH was going against some jobber. When HHH went for the pedigree the jobber didn't keep his body horizontal and ended up landing straight down on his head. I was amazed he was not hurt.
Yep I remeber that. I'd say the top three segments that stick out most to me on those two shows are:

1) Rockers Breakup segment
2) Jake Roberts making his snake bite Macho Man
3) Earthquake crushing Damien, Jake's first snake
Old 12-16-2003, 04:57 PM   #12
Kenny
Luke 15:11-32

Kenny has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)Kenny has more than 1,000 rep points (1,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Yep I remeber that. I'd say the top three segments that stick out most to me on those two shows are:

1) Rockers Breakup segment
2) Jake Roberts making his snake bite Macho Man
3) Earthquake crushing Damien, Jake's first snake
I used to have a friend that would call me EVERY Time something happened on the morning shows. I mean EVERY Time. A match starts, a match ends, an interview, somebody comes out, something happens...

Well that might be why I remember his one segment so much cause the fat little bastard called me about 3 times during the segment.

Remember the Hulk Hogan funeral parlor segment? Where Flair was the guest and he and Taker set Hogan up?

That was cool to me.

I also remember when Heat was good and had guys like The Rock, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, and Kane appear.
Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 05:06 PM   #13
Loose Cannon

Quote:
I used to have a friend that would call me EVERY Time something happened on the morning shows. I mean EVERY Time. A match starts, a match ends, an interview, somebody comes out, something happens...

Well that might be why I remember his one segment so much cause the fat little bastard called me about 3 times during the segment.

Remember the Hulk Hogan funeral parlor segment? Where Flair was the guest and he and Taker set Hogan up?

That was cool to me.

I also remember when Heat was good and had guys like The Rock, Stone Cold, The Undertaker, and Kane appear.
Yeah that was a great segment. Two more funeral parlor segments I enjoyed were:

1) when Taker locked Warrior in the casket
2) when Jake Roberts locked Taker's hand in the casket, DDT'ed Bearer, then gave Taker a few chair shots.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #14
KayfabeMan
TPWW's Glass Ceiling

I really enjoyed WWF All-American,where you'd get hilarious (often
Kayfabe breaking,but not realizing at the time) comments from two
great hosts: Raven (then Johnny Polo) & legendary Gorilla Monsoon.

Later you'd also see Todd Pettengill and Ted DiBiase hosting; they
too did a good job,and had a nice chemistry on the television set.

You'd see The Smokin' Gunns,The Quebecers,Men On A Mission,The
Headshrinkers,Yokozuna,Bret and Owen Hart,and a whole bunch of
others.Plus you'd get to see the top enhancement talents,some of
which would become future stars.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:51 PM   #15
Anybody Thrilla
Cranky Kong

Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Anybody Thrilla makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Speaking of funeral parlor, let's not forget the one where the Ultimate Warrior got locked in the casket.....wait, what was this topic about again?
Anybody Thrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:01 PM   #16
Loose Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anybody Thrilla
Speaking of funeral parlor, let's not forget the one where the Ultimate Warrior got locked in the casket.....wait, what was this topic about again?

Yeah someone got a little off topic
Old 12-17-2003, 09:17 AM   #17
Head
Shocker

Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)Head is pretty cool (5,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Kane
Whoops, should've checked my lousy grammar. I meant to say if ECW/WCW was still around today, there wouldn't be a roster split.

That's the whole point of the roster split because with all of these WCW/ECW guys around, WWE can't put everyone on both shows everyweek, because they don't want to risk putting most of the WCW/ECW guys on Heat/Velocity. The roster split is good because it gives more guys pushes and stuff.
If Vince didn't buy WCW, all those WCW and ECW guys would still be around, just not in the WWE where there is not enough room to push them all.

Instead, they would be getting better pushes in WCW or ECW. WWE isn't everything.
Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #18
Savio
Spammy Certified

Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Savio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
WWE has all the stars that the WWF and WCW made with the exception of Sting.
What about jeff jarrette?........hahahahahaha
Savio is offline   Reply With Quote