TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2021, 11:11 AM   #1
Nark Order
Soundly Defeated Wadding

Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Nark Order makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
When did WWE "lose" you? (If they did)

For years I had this allegiance to WWE that I would not let die because of all the great memories I had. Over time it got to a point though where they just had all of this power being the only game in town and they consistently either abused it or just got complacent. By the time AEW came around, I was already looking elsewhere to NJPW so the stars just perfectly aligned. I don't want this thread to get twisted. This is not a "haha WWE sux, AEW rulez" thread. I just have a very limited amount of time now for wrestling (had twins) so I only have time to watch what I really want to. I've found myself going to AEW over WWE and I think it has alot to do with how WWE treated fans during the "power era."

They lost me by:

-Constantly disparaging "internet fans," even though they're the most hardcore fans of the product.

-Building developmental stars only to have them be jobbers immediately on the main roster.

-Vince just being stuck in his ways on certain talent. Once he makes his mind up, he'll never change it. If you're a midcarder or a tag guy when he meets you, you'll likely stay that way. (EC3, Sandow, Morrison)

-The move to Fox just made it not feel like wrestling anymore.

If I had to pinpoint a moment where I just felt alienated from the product it was when Braun Strowman won the tag titles with an 8 year old. I was rewatching the event the next day with a non-wrestling fan and I was legitimately embarrassed to be a fan. She was like "what the fuck is this?" And I had nothing.

If WWE lost you, what did it? If you're still chugging along, what's making you stay?

Narcissus spite tour of 2020. I have kids.
Nark Order is offline   Reply With Quote