TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 01-25-2017, 10:32 PM   #841
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Daniel Bryan's dog:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
Updated advertising for post-Royal Rumble WWE RAW live events features Roman Reigns facing Braun Strowman for shows heading into WrestleMania, so that appears to be Reigns next feud. Strowman is in this Sunday's WWE Royal Rumble match, while Reigns will be facing WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens for his title.

As of this writing, while Kevin Owens is listed for the shows with the updated advertising, no opponent is listed for either himself or Chris Jericho.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible post-Rumble and Mania plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Finn Balor is slated to undergo medical testing this week that could clear him to return to the ring, PWInsider.com has learned.

Balor won the WWE Universal championship at Summerslam but suffered a labrum tear against Seth Rollins when he was powerbombed into the barricade. He relinquished the championship the next night and underwent surgery.

Dr. Jeffrey Dugas told WWE.com at the time that, "Finn’s injury was pretty severe, more severe than normal. A really high energy injury, it did more damage than a standard shoulder dislocation where you simply tear the labrum. The prognosis is excellent, however. We were able to fix it all and put it back where it came from. I’m anticipating him getting back at full speed."

At the time of the injury, the belief was Balor would be out 4-6 months.

With the Royal Rumble about to kick off the official build to Wrestlemania, obviously WWE wants Balor back in the mix. We will see how soon that happens.
Previous estimates for a potential return were hinting at early March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
SmackDown's Royal Rumble go-home show averaged 2.556 million viewers Tuesday night on the USA Network, down four percent from last week.
Quote:
The SmackDown Women's Championship won't be defended at the Royal Rumble, but the show's women's division will still be represented on Sunday.

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi will face Mickie James, Natalya & Alexa Bliss in a six-woman tag team match at the Alamodome. The match was announced on tonight's episode of SmackDown.

It will be James' first time wrestling on the main roster since returning to the company and being revealed as La Luchadora last week.

With the addition of the six-woman tag, the Royal Rumble will be a rare pay-per-view with three women's matches. Charlotte Flair defending her Raw Women's Championship against Bayley, along with Sasha Banks taking on Nia Jax are also scheduled for the show.
Quote:
During his appearance on SportsCenter yesterday, Roman Reigns said that Ronda Rousey could make a successful transition to WWE if she wanted to.
Probably makes it a lot more likely she's showing up at Mania since the WWE doesn't do random teases for no reason.

Quote:
4FrontWrestling posted the entire Kenny Omega vs. Tiger Ali match that took place for the promotion last weekend for free on YouTube. The appearance was Omega's first singles match since facing Kazuchika Okada at the Tokyo Dome, though Omega did work NJPW's New Year's Dash show in a 10-man tag match the next night.
Link to the match: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sk4__FklP8

Quote:
Ring of Honor announced that this year's Best in the World PPV will take place on June 23rd at the Lowell Memorial Auditorium in Lowell, Massachusetts. Tickets for the show and the TV taping the next night are already on sale for ROH Ringside Members and will be available to the general public on Friday at 10 a.m. ET.
Quote:
EVOLVE will hold shows in the Chicago and Detroit areas for the first time in May. They'll hold a show at Summit Park District in Summit, Illinois on May 20th before heading to the Monaghan Knights of Columbus Hall in Livonia, Michigan the next night.

EVOLVE also announced that Chris Hero's matches in San Antonio this weekend will be the main event of both shows. Hero will face Keith Lee on Friday and Zack Sabre Jr. on Saturday in his final matches for the promotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
It was officially announced that Xavier Woods will be cohosting the 2017 SXSW Gaming Awards with Twitch personality "OMGitsfirefoxx," aka Sonja Reed. The SXSW Gaming Awards will take place March 18 in Austin, Texas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE Producer Joey "Mercury" Matthews has resurfaced after being quietly let go by WWE sometime last year following a tour of Europe.

Matthews has been announced as the lead trainer for a new wrestling school Luke Gallows' promotion WrestleAmerica is opening in Middle, Georgia.

The school has already announced seminar camps for 2/7-2/9 and 2/28-3/2 for "seasoned wrestlers", priced at $100 per camp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Fred "Tugboat" Ottman remains hospitalized in Florida. We wish him our best. He has been hospitalized for a little over a week with multiple infections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The entire WWE NXT roster is slated to be backstage at the Royal Rumble PPV, so anyone from that roster could conceivably be tapped for a Rumble surprise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWE star Dave Bautista was interviewed by The Daily Dead's Heather Wixson while over at the Sundance Film Festival for the release of his film "Bushwick" and had a lot of pointed comments about his (to date) final run with WWE in 2014 ...

Highlight from the wrestling centric portion of the interview:

Why his 2014 Run Didn't Work: "It was the company, man. They really just screwed me over. I was banging my head against the wall every day. It’s one of those things, I wish people knew how hard I fought to be there and how hard I fought to just give them the best matches and performances that I could. But it was an everyday struggle dealing with the company. It was such a f***ing nightmare."

The Original Plan for his last PPV Appearance and Fighting to Change It: "What most fans don’t realize is that I stayed an extra month. The reason I had to leave was because I had to go and do press for Marvel for Guardians of the Galaxy. They were actually nice enough to let me stay an extra month. They wanted me to stay that extra month and work with Daniel Bryan at another pay-per-view, but I just thought that didn’t even make sense. We were just starting the Evolution thing, so why couldn’t we run with that instead of me putting Daniel over again, which I just did at WrestleMania? We’re not going to have a better match there than we did at Mania. Let’s just work more with Evolution and build these guys up. So we did. Then right after we built the hell out of them and they were so strong as a unit, they broke them all up. I said, “What is wrong with you guys?” But that was my struggle. I also think a lot of people thought that I really quit, that I really walked out, when in reality, I really stayed an extra month more than I was obligated to do just because I really wanted to be there. I felt like I finally hit my stride and I was so happy to be there again.

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon blowing off his pitch to return at Summerslam 2014: "I said to them, because I wanted to come back for SummerSlam, “Wouldn’t it be great if I came back right when I’m also in the biggest film in the world?” Literally, it was Hunter [Triple H] and Stephanie [McMahon] who laughed at me, and Hunter goes, “We don’t even know if it’s going to be any good.” I swear to God. But I wanted to go back for SummerSlam, and they didn’t want me to come back. I think because they thought it was such a failure, that run, and it wasn’t a failure because of me. Sorry, I’m venting now."
Also revealed he originally wanted to come back as a heel since he felt it would be more useful for the WWE and their plans but the WWE refused. Link to the interview: http://dailydead.com/sundance-2017-i...gs-went-wrong/

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Observer currently speculating if the WWE really wants to sign Omega once his NJPW contract is up at the end of the month, they might be looking at needing a $750k to $1 million per deal to make it happen. Likely the same for NJPW if they want to keep him for their US expansion plans.
  • WrestlingDVDNetwork website recently revealed the contents for WWE's upcoming Wrestlemania Monday DVD/BR set (RAW After Mania shows). http://www.wrestlingdvdnetwork.com/f...lu-ray/129684/
  • For those interested in classic WWE era wrestling, a new book focusing on classic WWE shows at MSG was released recently. Book is called "Wrestling in the Garden — The Battle for New York — Works, Shoots & Double-Crosses."
  • New details regarding Kenny Omega's future was teased to be getting revealed tomorrow by the Observer. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/s...93151716552704
  • Kenny Omega recently responded to Jim Cornette's rant against him, the idea of his WK11 match being worth 6 stars, and the situation regarding a past leg injury. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...tes_malicious/
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 02:37 PM   #842
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Triple H and Stephanie McMahon blowing off his pitch to return at Summerslam 2014: "I said to them, because I wanted to come back for SummerSlam, “Wouldn’t it be great if I came back right when I’m also in the biggest film in the world?” Literally, it was Hunter [Triple H] and Stephanie [McMahon] who laughed at me, and Hunter goes, “We don’t even know if it’s going to be any good.” I swear to God. But I wanted to go back for SummerSlam, and they didn’t want me to come back. I think because they thought it was such a failure, that run, and it wasn’t a failure because of me. Sorry, I’m venting now."
Triple H is spending too much time with Vince.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:08 PM   #843
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Would have went that Ring of Honor show in Lowell in a heartbeat. But that's waaaaaaay up there.

Bummer.
ClockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 10:05 PM   #844
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by WWE's newest book "The Art of Smacking Someone" by Alicia Fox, now available at the TPWW Store:

Quote:
The plans at this point are that neither Kevin Owens nor A.J. Styles will be champions going into WrestleMania. Smackdown has an Elimination Chamber match, meaning six guys will be in, so if John Cena wins the title at the Rumble, and that’s being teased (although they did downplay the tying of the Ric Flair record this past week), that doesn’t mean he’ll retain it in the Chamber match.

The Mania lineup at this point is looking like Goldberg vs. Lesnar, Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns, HHH vs. Seth Rollins, Jericho vs. Owens, Wyatt vs. Orton, Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal and Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax as the Raw women’s title match. The key is the Rumble winner is likely, although they could swerve, to be the person who will challenge for either the Universal title or WWE title.

Among the key guys, the obvious guys not on the list of matches are Cena, Styles, Balor, Dean Ambrose and Strowman of guys that will likely be in key matches. Cena vs. Samoa Joe was definitely an idea that was pitched, and made sense based on a few things we’ve heard, but we’ve never heard a confirmation on that. There are rumors of Styles vs. Shane McMahon, and Styles did complain about the idea of the Elimination Chamber match to Shane and neither have anything going. As noted before, Goldberg agreeing to stay past one match may have saved Lesnar from this year’s Shane program and Shane pitched for that idea and they had started in that direction before it was dropped cold.

Undertaker vs. Reigns is notable because Vince McMahon made the call to go from the original Undertaker vs. Cena direction to this match. On paper, this would make it a lock that nobody is coming close to the boos Reigns will be getting on this show. Regardless of the outcome, this to me only makes sense if the plan is an all-out Reigns heel turn and use this as the springboard. Otherwise, the idea of Undertaker beating him and then endorsing him won’t work, because Daniel Bryan and Rock endorsed him and it didn’t work. Undertaker losing to him unless the match is dramatically perfect will only get him more heel heat.
Quote:
The only Smackdown match on that list is Orton vs. Wyatt, and it’s not a secret that Wyatt was scheduled for a title run in 2017. That immediately puts both of them in contention, and if one wins, the other would be favored to win the Chamber match. There’s a story that just started going around about Orton winning the Rumble and Wyatt winning the Chamber match. If that doesn’t happen, it would be because plans changed. Even though historically the booking before Mania always gets out and it almost never changed (it changes for other reasons, such as injuries or guys quitting, but that’s usually known as well), with the increase in social media, my feeling is nothing is a lock until it happens. I doubt we’ll see major destination changes, in the sense the top of the card will probably be pretty close to as is slated now, but how to get there could change.

Spoiler tags used since they relate to possible Rumble and Mania plans and spoilers.

Quote:
WWE is bringing the Royal Rumble back to Philadelphia next year.

Though much of this week's focus is on Sunday's show at the Alamodome, Philly.com broke the news on Thursday morning that the 2018 Royal Rumble will take place at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The event will be held on January 28th of next year.

In addition to the Rumble, the arena will also host three other WWE shows that week, with NXT TakeOver taking place on Saturday, Raw on Monday, and SmackDown on Tuesday. Holding four straight nights of shows in the same city is WWE's plan for their "big four" pay-per-views going forward.
Quote:
With NXT TakeOver: San Antonio taking place this Saturday, Paul "Triple H" Levesque held his regular quarterly conference call ahead of the show with members of the pro wrestling media on Thursday afternoon.

Despite TakeOver being the purpose of the call, much of the agenda was focused on WWE's United Kingdom Championship tournament and what restrictions contracted talents are facing.

Levesque said that you can't say enough good things about the wrestlers in the tournament. He noted that working with them was a wonderful experience, and said he looks forward to working with them in a bigger way in the future, reiterating that a weekly show from the UK is WWE's goal.

The topic of conversation quickly turned to what restrictions the newly signed wrestlers face after some have been pulled from appearances in recent weeks.

"There's a lot of confusion based on that." Levesque said. "A lot of the confusion is based on people's refusal to acknowledge the reality of the situation. We signed talent as a part of this UK tournament and are looking forward to doing hopefully what will become a weekly show over there. The talent knew going in what the deal was, they knew what the restrictions were, and they knew what the restrictions weren't. We're not restricting them from working for anybody, as long as it's not distributed. As long as there is no distribution outside of the live event."

Levesque said that some promotions came in after the fact to add a distribution component to their shows, which wasn't what their wrestlers signed up for.

"We're not heavy-handing anybody," Levesque said. "We're asking them to approve. We're asking them to work with us, to work with the groups that are, and I was very clear about this when I was over there, we want to work with groups that are cultivating talent, not groups that are just coming in and one-offing talent" ...

When asked about the differences in format between the UK tournament and Cruiserweight Classic, Levesque said that what works best depends on the goal of the tournament and what they're trying to accomplish. He expressed optimism in 205 Live, but noted that incorporating the cruiserweights has been a work in progress. He said that he still believes in the show and has high hopes for it, and likes the synergy between 205 Live and Raw ...

Levesque responded to a question from Meltzer about EVOLVE star Matt Riddle by noting that they saw Riddle's talent when he previously tried out for the company. He referenced the issues that led to Riddle's exit from the UFC by saying that he believes in second chances, but said that people have to go through a period of time where they prove themselves.

Without getting into the details, Levesque said that he helped nudge along the process to get Riddle taken care of and to a place where he could be cultivated as a wrestler. He said that Riddle was just promise during his tryout, but he's a talented kid and is doing very well.

Levesque noted in the opening of the call that the build to this TakeOver was unique because of challenges presented by WWE's strategic changes that affected NXT's schedule.
Also revealed his plans for the Cruiser division is probably going to take a few years to be fully realized and become a big part of the WWE.

Quote:
There will be an NXT Awards show on WWE Network prior to Takeover at 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced on NXT last night that TM-61's Shane Thorne underwent knee surgery and will be out 7-9 months.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Austin Aries will be getting his first WWE action figure as part of Mattel's WWE Series 71, which will also feature Charlotte, Undertaker, John Cena, Finn Balr, Baron Corbin and Seth Rollins. The Revival will receive their first action figures as part of WWE Battle Packs 41. They can pre-ordered now at www.ringsidecollectibles.com. You can use code PWINSIDER for 10% off your order.
Quote:
There was a story going around that Brian James (Road Dogg) had replaced Ryan Ward as the head writer of Smackdown. The story is actually that James got a corporate promotion (the official title may be head consultant but we didn’t get the exact wording confirmed) , over Ward, but they are sharing the job of pitching Smackdown to Vince McMahon, who then rewrites it as he sees fit. James has been the guy reading the show to the other producers at the production meeting for some time now. So it’s not a major change in the show, nor are rumors Ward is no longer with the show correct, only that James got a promotion and would technically be above Ward in that way, but Ward is also still technically titled the lead writer of the show. James and Ward have essentially been co-head writer of the show since it started getting praised. James is considered Paul Levesque’s emissary on the show and to be one of the major power brokers going forward, particularly if and when Levesque does take over
Quote:
Matey's Big Fred, Tugboat has been in hospital for 15 plus days and not doing well. He needs all the prayers from you guys so he can be out and about shaking hands and kissing kids. As you know he's a great guy and a good friend of mine. Pray matey's and God Bless Fred.
From Bushwhacker Luke's Facebook page in regards to Tugboat's health status. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Quote:
Netflix is near landing the rights to the documentary, “Hulk Hogan, Gawker and Trials of a Free Press,” the documentary that focuses on the case. Netflix reported has offered $2 million for the worldwide rights to the film
Quote:
Eric Van Wagenen’s appearance on the Masks, Mat and Mayhem show said that the long hiatus for Lucha Underground was not something they knew about when they were filming the season. That was clear watching the show, as on TV they were giving a hard push for Johnny Mundo vs. The Mack in an All Night Long match for likely “next week,” when next week isn’t coming until probably the summer. He said they weren’t told how long the break would be and they didn’t know when they would be back on the air. His guess was that it would be after the El Rey Network up fronts, so that Lucha Underground would be running when the fall TV season starts. But that came off more like a guess.
Quote:
Dutch Mantell is officially back on the TNA creative team with John Gaburick and Matt Conway
Quote:
Darren Young’s injury was a hyperextension of the right elbow which resulted in a traumatic dislocation of the coronoid process of the right elbow. In other words, he hyperextended, dislocated and broke his elbow in taking a bump against Epico on the 1/16 Main Event tapings in Little Rock
Quote:
I’m not sure if its’ because of bad quarter hours, but there has been a doctrine in recent weeks to keep the cruiserweight matches on Raw much shorter. Even this week when Swann vs. Dar went 5:00, almost the entire match was during the commercial break

• CBS Sports had a recent article about the first Royal Rumble in WWE history. http://www.cbssports.com/general/new...early-failure/
  • During a recent episode of the Observer Radio show, Kenny Omega revealed he is staying with NJPW once his current deal ends next week. Also revealed it to be one year in length.
  • According to the Observer, WWE has recently sold almost 40k tickets for the upcoming Royal Rumble and is currently on track to become the highest non-Mania ppv in WWE history in terms of gate revenue.
  • WWE recently pulled Smackdown's 6-women tag match off Rumble's main card in favor of being on the 2 hour pre-show. At the moment, Smackdown only has one brand specific match on the card compared to 3 matches for RAW.
  • According to the Observer, Jerry Lawler recently signed a new 1 year contract with the WWE.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:06 PM   #845
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wait... Did they really have a 5 minute match with a commercial break in the middle? lol
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 12:48 AM   #846
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Former WWE star Dave Bautista was interviewed by The Daily Dead's Heather Wixson while over at the Sundance Film Festival for the release of his film "Bushwick" and had a lot of pointed comments about his (to date) final run with WWE in 2014 ...

Highlight from the wrestling centric portion of the interview:

Why his 2014 Run Didn't Work: "It was the company, man. They really just screwed me over. I was banging my head against the wall every day. It’s one of those things, I wish people knew how hard I fought to be there and how hard I fought to just give them the best matches and performances that I could. But it was an everyday struggle dealing with the company. It was such a f***ing nightmare."

The Original Plan for his last PPV Appearance and Fighting to Change It: "What most fans don’t realize is that I stayed an extra month. The reason I had to leave was because I had to go and do press for Marvel for Guardians of the Galaxy. They were actually nice enough to let me stay an extra month. They wanted me to stay that extra month and work with Daniel Bryan at another pay-per-view, but I just thought that didn’t even make sense. We were just starting the Evolution thing, so why couldn’t we run with that instead of me putting Daniel over again, which I just did at WrestleMania? We’re not going to have a better match there than we did at Mania. Let’s just work more with Evolution and build these guys up. So we did. Then right after we built the hell out of them and they were so strong as a unit, they broke them all up. I said, “What is wrong with you guys?” But that was my struggle. I also think a lot of people thought that I really quit, that I really walked out, when in reality, I really stayed an extra month more than I was obligated to do just because I really wanted to be there. I felt like I finally hit my stride and I was so happy to be there again.

Also revealed he originally wanted to come back as a heel since he felt
Love that Batista doesn't give a fuck about telling it like it is re: WWE
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:03 AM   #847
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
We all know It was clearly the plan based on the booking that Batista was to come in as a huge face, only to have the crowd turn on him and insert Bryan into the Rumble, where the SHIELD would then take on and get put over by the reuniting Evolution.

C'mon guys those plans were in place for months. Batista is just working us.
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:04 AM   #848
thecc
Polyam cult member #420

thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)thecc is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post
Would have went that Ring of Honor show in Lowell in a heartbeat. But that's waaaaaaay up there.

Bummer.
beyond wrestling and evolve are running a double header the day after in melrose. I would go to that instead anyways.
thecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:11 AM   #849
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockShot View Post

Bummer.
And Lowell isn't the best place to be: dangerous and trashy.
SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 01:13 AM   #850
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Rey 2.0 View Post
We all know It was clearly the plan based on the booking that Batista was to come in as a huge face, only to have the crowd turn on him and insert Bryan into the Rumble, where the SHIELD would then take on and get put over by the reuniting Evolution.

C'mon guys those plans were in place for months. Batista is just working us.
#BatistaSheep
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 10:18 PM   #851
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Evil Bliss Appreciation Day:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
We are told that WWE is waiting until the last second to make decisions on whether there will be any big surprises booked in the Royal Rumble in regard to outside talent popping up.

In regard to three rumors making the rounds for the Royal Rumble that we've been asked about in the last 24 hours, we are told Hulk Hogan is slated to be in Los Angeles this weekend. Kurt Angle, who has been the name we get asked about the most in terms of Rumble surprises, has told TMZ there's no chance he will be in the Rumble. Konnan has said publicly that Rey Mysterio's deal with Lucha Underground has expired, which, if the caee, would mean he's free and clear to appear in the Rumble if WWE wanted him. The NXT roster, even trainees, are also in Texas this weekend.
Quote:
As noted, Triple H conducted an NXT Takeover San Antonio media call today, and during the call Triple H addressed the current state of NXT and the impact the WWE brand split had on NXT and its roster. On the current state of NXT, Triple H offered the following comment:

“I’m not happy with where it is right now by far. I want it to be much better than it is, but it’s a rebuilding process. All these things going on, they all make changes in the ecosystem. Where everything lands at the end of the day is a moving target.”

“I think NXT has the potential to be a lot of things. Where it sits is not 100% my decision. I know those conversations have happened.”
More from yesterday's Triple H pre-Takeover conference call.

Quote:
The tryout match with the NXT women's four-way done last night in Houston was not good. Both the crowd didn't get into it and it was a sloppy match. They will likely be working it again tonight in Dallas to get ready for Sunday.
Quote:
Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews and Trent Seven are all working on Sunday for Progress Wrestling at their show in London at the Electric Ballroom. They had been pulled from a show in London as well as a podcast the day before. We were told that five of the wrestlers in the U.K. tournament were being brought to San Antonio this weekend including the final four. So that looks to have changed. Tyler Bate is not listed for anything this weekend in the U.K. Dunne defends his Progress title against Jimmy Havoc in the main event.
Quote:
WWE will be taping one week of NXT programming tomorrow night before they go on the air, at about 7 p.m. in San Antonio.
Quote:
Nikki Bella has been named Executive Producer of Total Divas going forward.
Quote:
WWE has moved the women's six man match on Sunday's Royal Rumble show to the preshow. Given the main show is four hours and has five matches, that would indicate maybe a surprise segment, as well as very long matches.
Quote:
Mada Abdelhamid, who was on the last season of Tough Enough in 2014, has quit the promotion. He had done a few promos but wasn't figured into anything in NXT and had yet to be used on television.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Kurt Angle has pulled out of his scheduled signing at Wrestlecon, T-Mart Promotions (who were bringing him in) announced today. They are providing refunds for anyone who paid for Angle in advance. Obviously, Angle will be a little busy that weekend as hes being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 1/26 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 307,000 viewers, largely even with last weeks 310,000 viewers.

Old 01-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #852
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I really don't like the idea of Orton winning the Rumble and Wyatt winning the title. It feels majorly rushed and like unnecessary garnish for the feud.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:25 PM   #853
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Stone Cold Steve Austin Kevin Owens:

Quote:
Full details aren't available at this time regarding the WWE's ratings from Monday night, but as expected, Raw increased significantly with the day after the Royal Rumble show. The episode did about 3.61 million viewers, up ten percent from last week.

Last week's go-home edition of Raw averaged 3.29 million viewers, which was up slightly from the 3.26 million the show did the week before.

The promotion of Triple H's return during the show didn't stop the third hour from being the least watched, but it did manage to minimize the decline.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.63 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.64 million viewers
10 p.m. 3.57 million viewers

For a comparison, last year's day after Rumble show did 4.09 million viewers, so it was a 12 percent year-to-year decline. That show was up 18 percent from the week before, and was bolstered by an appearance by Dwayne Johnson.
Likely will be RAW's peak range for this year's Road to Mania based on historical stuff. Also continuing the trend of recent Road to Manias being lower on average than the year before.

Quote:
Those who were disappointed that Samoa Joe didn't appear at the Royal Rumble didn't have to wait very long for him to make his main roster debut.

While appearing on Raw for the first time, Joe attacked Seth Rollins in the main event segment of Monday night's show. The face-to-face confrontation between Rollins and Stephanie McMahon that had been advertised going into the night led to a promised collision between Rollins and Triple H later, but Joe blindsided Rollins before he could join Triple H in the ring.

The segment ended with Rollins passing out to the Coquina Clutch.

Joe's debut had been speculated about for weeks as he's been in a holding pattern in NXT since dropping the brand's title to Shinsuke Nakamura for the second time last December. His only appearance at NXT TakeOver: San Antonio was when he was shown on camera sitting in the audience.
Quote:
With the Elimination Chamber less than two weeks away, WWE didn't waste time building to SmackDown's next pay-per-view on Tuesday night's show.

Shane McMahon announced in the opening segment of SmackDown that AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, Baron Corbin, The Miz, and Dean Ambrose would challenge John Cena for the WWE Championship in an Elimination Chamber match on February 12th.
Quote:
NJPW World has made the Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega match from the Tokyo Dome available to watch for free for a week.
Link to the match: https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/826399687879954432

Quote:
King Jerry Lawler's Memphis BBQ Company opened in Cordova, Tennessee on Monday night. Lawler is an owner of the restaurant.
Quote:
Revolution Pro Wrestling announced that Omega would be appearing at their Epic Encounter show on April 13th at York Hall in London. The Young Bucks were previously announced for the show as well.
Quote:
EVOLVE posted the full video of Chris Hero's farewell speech from last Saturday for free on YouTube.
Link to the speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDKXctBW_rg

Quote:
In an interview with Fox Sports during the NHL's All Star weekend, CM Punk said that he's working hard on getting his next fight and is throwing names for opponents at Dana White. Punk said that he'll continue fighting even if his next fight isn't in the UFC.
Quote:
There were also complaints regarding people getting their seats moved and problems with seating which we've gotten a few of and were making their way around social media. The complaints included the usual disabled parking lot being shut down by the building as WWE made it exclusive for talent, so disabled veterans and handicapped people who are used to parking there and were directed there by unknowing people working at the entrance had to park elsewhere. The WWE said they were not aware of that issue.
WWE also had a couple other crowd related problems at the Rumble and all seemed to be WWE's fault. Also forgot to tell arena staff about the problems going on so they were just as unhelpful to those affected.

Quote:
There was a plan to make a bigger deal of John Cena tying Ric Flair's record but it was rewritten out of the show. I think so many people know it's not a real number (16) for Flair's titles, plus from a history perspective, as great as last night's match was, a short title reign is kind of weak for the record setter which may be why it's being downplayed. That also could be an argument not to have done it, but that was the long-term plan when it was supposed to be a big deal.
Quote:
Chris Jericho suffered a minor ankle injury last night when he and everyone else was being thrown around by Brock Lesnar.
Ghost of Papa Shango ended up making a small appearance during the Rumble.

Quote:
Pete Dunne, Trent Seven and Mark Andrews both ended up working for Progress on Sunday in London. Andrews won a multiple person match over Marty Scurll, Trent Seven, Jack Sexsmith, Sebastian, Dave Mastiff and Nathan Cruz to get a title shot. Dunne retained his Progress title losing via DQ to Jimmy Havoc in the main event. So the only guys brought over were Wolfgang and Tyler Bate, who both worked on Saturday night's show in San Antonio in matches taped for NXT this week.
Quote:
Also on the pre-show, WWE revealed this year's NXT Awards. Shinsuke Nakamura won both Overall and Male Competitor of the Year. Asuka won Female Competitor of the Year. The Revival won Tag Team of the Year, and their match against DIY from TakeOver: Toronto won Match of the Year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Senate Small Business Committee approved President Donald Trump's nomination of Linda McMahon as administrator of the Small Business Administration, a cabinet level position earlier today. She will now go before a United States Senate vote to confirm the position.

Update: The initial news about the approval listed McMahon as being unanimously approved. As it turns out, there was one person who voted against her in United States Senator Cory Booker, the same Democrat who recognized that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon were at the approval hearing earlier this month and cracked that Stephanie was more intimidating looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Impact Wrestling tweeted the following about a new digital Series 'A Day in the Life' beginning February 1st.

New Digital Original! Coming 2.1 #ADayInTheLife

2.1: @RobbieEImpact
2.8: @MooseNation69
2.15: @AllieImpact
2.22: @TheEddieEdwards pic.twitter.com/OtiOAUWhux
— IMPACT WRESTLING (@IMPACTWRESTLING) January 30, 2017

They also announced the 'My First Day' digital series will be concluding on February 25th, as well as announcing who will be featured on the final four episodes. Hopefully, talent still associated with the company.

#MyFirstDay wraps 2.25, don't miss final 4 episodes!

2.4: @RealMikeBennett
2.11: @realjoshmathews
2.18: @babyhebner
2.25: @CodyRhodes pic.twitter.com/wPMDdTvQIu
— IMPACT WRESTLING (@IMPACTWRESTLING) January 30, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE will run the new, renovated Nassau Coliseum for the first time on 4/10 with a live Monday Night Raw taping.

Prior to the venue shutting down in May 2015 for a complete renovation that saw capacity lowered, WWE had been running there for decades, dating back to the early 1970s when the Coliseum first opened.

The first episode of Saturday Night's Main Event was taped in the venue and the second Wrestlemania had it's New York portion featuring Mr. T boxing Roddy Piper hosted there. The venue also hosted a number of PPVs over the years, including Summerslam 2002 which saw Shawn Michaels return to the ring against HHH, Brock Lesnar win his first WWE championship and was one of the best top to bottom WWE shows ever.

• According to the Observer, the reason why Taker looked uncomfortable or a bit sloppy during the Rumble was due to Vince rushing Taker's recovery time from a recent surgery because he needed him at the Rumble for storyline reasons. Also according to the Observer, Taker was in serious pain backstage based on people around him after the event. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...e_was_hurting/
  • According to reports, Sami Zayn will not be affected by the recent immigration ban which was passed quickly by President Trump and put on hold by Federal courts. Sami is of Syrian descent and one of the countries banned but won't have issues with his passport for traveling in and out of the US.
  • Kevin Owens was revealed to be tomorrow's guest for the Talk Is Jericho podcast show. https://twitter.com/TalkIsJericho/st...76547599167491
  • According to MLW Radio, Lucha Underground and Netflix recently agreed to a deal where Season 1 and Season 2 will be available on Netflix starting on February 15th. https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/826596523341398018
Old 02-01-2017, 10:28 PM   #854
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by the heir of Swaggie Time:

Quote:
Following the best ratings number Raw has posted since last year's episode after WrestleMania on Monday night, SmackDown had a big jump as well for their post-Royal Rumble show on Tuesday.

The show averaged 2.817 million viewers. That is up 10 percent from last week's total and is the best number for the brand since December 27th, which was the return of John Cena to television after a lengthy absence. It was the third best number SmackDown has done since the live draft special last July.
Quote:
Dave Meltzer reports that Rollins suffered an injury on Raw in his brawl with Samoa Joe. WWE confirmed the news in an announcement on their website that played into Rollins' storyline with Triple H and Joe. WWE's announcement said that Rollins suffered an injury to the same right knee where he previously tore his ACL.

WWE's post noted that Rollins would be evaluated later this week to determine the extent of the injury.

If Rollins is out for an extended period of time, it would be a blow to the WrestleMania 33 card after Rollins' previous knee injury kept him out of last year's show in Dallas ...

Video of Rollins leaving the building on crutches after Raw is available to watch below:

BREAKING: @WWERollins' right knee was re-injured at the hands of @SamoaJoe this past Monday night on #RAW! More: https://t.co/8aYrlzUHSP pic.twitter.com/VYxpVBoj3J

— WWE (@WWE) February 1, 2017
Quote:
Seth Rollins posted a series of tweets about the knee injury that he suffered on Raw: "Wanted to take a second to thank everyone who has reached out to me over the last two days. Life doesn't always go your way, but that is no excuse to surrender. If anything, obstacles exist to help us grow and evolve. This reinjury to my surgically repaired knee is real and a lot is up in the air right now, but one thing remains constant: my resolve. This doesn't end for me until I've reclaimed the throne. And for me, fighting and defeating Triple H is the only way. I will work harder than I ever have and push myself beyond what I know. This isn't over. The only way to wear the crown is to slay the king. I know what must be done and there's nothing that can stop me."
Quote:
Though the card could always change -- especially with the show being over a month away -- WWE is advertising that Kevin Owens will soon get a match with Brock Lesnar.

Madison Square Garden's website lists a "special attraction WWE Universal Championship match" between Owens and Lesnar for the venue's SmackDown brand house show on Sunday, March 12th. If that does happen, it would be the first time Owens and Lesnar have faced each other.

Despite it currently being listed as a title match, that could change with Owens defending his Universal Championship at Fastlane on March 5th.

The inclusion of the two Raw stars is the most noteworthy thing about the advertised MSG card, but some of the show's other matches could give an indication on SmackDown's post-Elimination Chamber booking.
Found that interesting since WWE could be considering Lesnar and not Goldberg to be the one to take the title off of Owens for their Mania match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley annnounced on Facebook that he was cleared for hip replacement surgery, writing, "I am cleared for hip surgery! It OK couple months, but I was able to get my health insurance back, and by getting my right hip replaced whenever I have a break in my schedule. The bad news is that a hip replacement will not allow me to fly for about six weeks, due to potential blood clotting issues – which can be fatal. Really nothing to play around with. The good news is that the GM position doesn't offer much in the way of long-term job security – so that break might present itself as a natural course of events." Foley noted that he would be keeping all of his scheduled bookings.
Hinted it likely is going to happen within the next 2-3 weeks. Link to the Facebook post: https://www.facebook.com/RealMickFol...type=3&theater

Quote:
ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary on the XFL airs tomorrow at 9 p.m. ET. Basil DeVito spoke to The Post in Athens, Ohio about the documentary.
Link to the interview: http://www.thepostathens.com/article...-vince-mcmahon

Quote:
MLW Radio noted that seasons one and two of Lucha Underground are coming to Netflix on February 15th. The two seasons will also be available on Netflix in Canada.
Quote:
The third season of Lucha Underground will resume on the El Rey Network on May 31st.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ricochet aka Prince Puma did an interview with Spain's SoloWrestling.com where he confirmed he is no longer under contract to Lucha Underground but cannot appear for another promotion's TV until Season Three of LU runs its course. There's absolutely been WWE interest in him in the past.

• WWE recently brought back the "Celebrating Black History" playlist for the WWE network which is mostly matches featuring African American wrestlers from recent years but includes a match from 1972 and a few from the 80s and 90s.
  • According to PWI, Lucha Underground is currently rumored to be in the process of leaving the El Rey network in favor of becoming a Netflix Original show. http://www.cagesideseats.com/2017/2/...-el-rey-future
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, RAW has lost around 46% of its total audience since the 3 Hour Era started in mid-2012. When not factoring in special shows, the real drop is between 20%-25%. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...nce_moving_to/
  • NXT rumored to be creating their own version of the Los Ingobernables stable with Andrade "Cien" Almas to be its leader. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...s_is_going_to/
Old 02-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #855
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'd be fine with Cien Almas starting his own WWE type wing like they did with The Club. Him and No Way Jose would be a good start, not sure who else NXT has that they could pair with them that would make sense.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:56 PM   #856
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lince Dorado/Tozawa/Gran Metalik?
Old 02-02-2017, 12:15 AM   #857
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Yeah Dorado could work. Tozawa would also be a fit.
Old 02-02-2017, 10:52 PM   #858
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Wrestling nutshot gif:

Quote:
The Rock 'n' Roll Express are the latest names rumored to be inducted into the 2017 WWE Hall Of Fame class, according to PWinsider.

The tag team consisted of Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson and was formed in 1983 in Memphis by head booker Jerry Lawler. They were originally paired together as an alternative to the popular team of The Fabulous Ones (Steve Keirn and Stan Lane) when they could not wrestle in certain towns ...

The only name confirmed for the 2017 WWE Hall Of Fame is Kurt Angle who will headline the class. Rumor from PWInsider also suggests DDP and Rick Rude will also be inducted while Wrestling Observer notes that other names being discussed include: Christian, William Regal, IRS and the Natural Disasters.
Quote:
So this is the current WrestleMania lineup: Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar for the Universal title; Undertaker vs. Reigns; HHH vs. Seth Rollins (obviously in jeopardy); Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton for the WWE title; Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens; John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse; Big Show vs. Shaquille O’Neal; Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks for the women’s title; not confirmed but likely is A.J. Styles vs. Shane McMahon. There could be an IC title match with Dean Ambrose. With Miz in the Cena match, that puts either Baron Corbin or Dolph Ziggler as the leading contenders for it. There are also both brand tag team titles and the Smackdown women’s title. Corbin also makes sense in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal, where Braun Strowman, at one time scheduled to win it last year, would be the favorite. As far as top guys go, with the exception of Finn Balor, that seems to take care of everyone.
Quote:
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse ... But there is also a lot of talk that it would be Nikki Bella’s last match (there are reports of that but nobody we’ve asked about it internally either had any knowledge or confirmed it). If so, you can see her wanting to go out with her boyfriend at WrestleMania and see him maybe wanting that as well ... With the storyline where Natalya pushed that “John will never marry you,” I keep thinking this could lead to a proposal, and if that’s the case, in the big picture, this match makes sense. I don’t know that’s the case. That would be a far bigger thing as far as something memorable than anything, even a great match with A.J. Styles, that Cena could be to the majority of fans.
Quote:
Dean Ambrose is kinda like, well he doesn't have anything for Wrestlemania at this point. I suppose they could do something for the IC title, I mean like a multiple person match or something, but y'know we'll see. There's already a lot of matches on the card and there's the battle royal and everything, but they could still add something. He may be subjected to being on the pre-show at this rate unless he's in that battle royal

Spoiler tags used since its related to current rumored Hall of Fame announcements and Mania plans.

Quote:
Rollins was getting an evaluation on the knee on 2/1 in Birmingham and the early word was that he’d be out about eight weeks, meaning that Mania was possible but not definite. Obviously he’ll want to do it under any circumstances when it’s that close of a call but WWE these days, for legal reasons, is far more cautious about throwing talent back into the ring before they are ready than has been the case historically.
Quote:
The much talked about ESPN 30 for 30 show "This is the XFL" debuts tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern time. Vince McMahon was interviewed and is prominently featured. Charlie Ebersol, the son of Dick Ebersol, who co-owned the promotion with Vince, put this together. The show was gotten mixed reviews from those who have seen the screener.
Quote:
There's more controversy in the AAA situation with Pentagon Jr. & Fenix. AAA is attempting to now trademark Penta el 0M and Fenix El Rey, which are the latest names they have been using. They never used those names in AAA, and the attempt is to prevent them from using those names in the U.S. and in Mexico. AAA already trademarked Rey Fenix, even though a character in Puerto Rico had used it previously and Fenix had never used it in AAA.
Quote:
The Squared Circle Sirens web site noted a number of names at the current 42 women WWE tryouts this week. Among the names there are Nicole Matthews, Miranda Salinas, Hyaneyoung, Renee Michelle, Anna Theresa (who won the Ms. New York beauty pageant this past year), fitness competitor Stephanie Rowe and Lei'd Tapa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Kevin Nash disclosed on his Instagram account that he would soon be going in for surgery after MRIs revealed he had suffered a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum. The former WWF and WCW World champion did not disclose how he suffered the injury, but the announcement accompanied video of him working out.

Nash noted it would be the 31st surgery he has undergone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tommy Dreamer has been tossed off balconies and set on fire, but it was his dog that nearly cost him an eye.

In a freak accident yesterday, Dreamer's dog's paw stuck him in the eye, breaking one of Dreamer's contacts in half and severely scratching his cornea. The swelling of the eye was so bad that doctors stopped fishing for the remainder of the contact lens.

If you need any indication of how much Dreamer is hurting, he actually pulled himself off international bookings in Germany this weekend.

Dreamer posted a photo of his eye on Twitter and it is pretty gruesome. We aren't posting it here because we didn't want to upset anyone with a weak stomach, but if you want to see it, you can at www.Twitter.com/TheTommyDreamer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross' autobiography Slobberknocker: My Life in Wrestling will be officially released in hardcover on 10/2. The book is being co-authored by Paul O'Brien, who has written several excellent books of pro wrestling-centric fiction. The book is being released by Sports Publishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Yoshihiro Tajiri, who has been out of action with a knee injury, is expected back within the next two weeks.
Quote:
The Royal Rumble PPV drew an announced crowd of 52,020. We don’t have an exact number. With the setup, had every possible seat been filled and with those blocked off for the stage, they could have gotten about 67,000 in. I was told three-quarters of the upper deck was tarped off, which would indicate a set up for around 45,000 to 47,000. We were given a 42,000 number from someone who knows the building but that is only an estimate. Coming into the show, the expected paid attendance was expected to be 35,000 to 40,000 but San Antonio is traditionally a decent walk-up market. WWE didn’t release any real numbers of gate info past the announced entertainment number. It’s possible the paid will be made clear at some point with financial figures. There are also no gate numbers available at this point, although we were told ahead of time that it would have been the largest live gate for a WWE show that wasn’t a WrestleMania.
Quote:
Ric Flair will start his third podcast in a few weeks, with Robert Flores as the co-host. Flores, who used to work for ESPN and now works for the MLB and NHL Network, is a big wrestling fan. It will be on the MLW Network. Not sure what happened with Conrad Thompson, who is close friends and was strong at working with Flair. Thompson does shows with Bruce Prichard, and is now starting a show with Tony Schiavone
Quote:
The new episodes of Lucha Underground will start airing again on 5/31. The key to this is that would peg the end of the season at 10/18.

The contracts actually specify a six month lag after the final episode of the season ends for the talent to be free to sign elsewhere, which would put th time frame at April 2018. But my feeling is that could be challenged and they could be free in October. Right now WWE is very conservative about signing talent until completely free and clear. The two key contracts are Prince Puma (Ricochet) and Rey Mysterio. Puma is gone for sure, but he’s concentrating on New Japan for now, but there is certainly a strong feeling he’ll wind up in WWE. Mysterio could be signed to a new deal. I could see that going either way. He’s the highest paid guy in the company and the company is losing tons of money, and while his name could be of value in many ways, their usage of him thus far both in and out of the ring has been a major disappointment. The problem with him is that at 42, and with bad knees and inability to work a full schedule, I’m not sure what WWE would do with him past being a brand ambassador type. And he can probably make a lot more on his own than what that pays, unless WWE will give him the HHH type of schedule
Quote:
Over the past few weeks, the WWE has been calling a lot of the women from the past and told them they wanted them for WrestleMania
Quote:
WWE has contacted talent in Asia looking for passport details and other info regarding an Asian tournament, similar to what was done in the U.K. They appear to be speeding up the process in response to the WCPW World Cup tournament. To make sure there is no confusion, the talent being contacted has been outright told no outside bookings if signed in the U.S, U.K. or Japan
Quote:
Regarding Balor and talks of him being in the Rumble, he had an evaluation over the past week and was not cleared. I don’t know that he was ever considered for the Rumble in the first place as his target return was always said to be late February or more likely early March. But he expected to be on the WrestleMania show in some form.
Quote:
Confirmed an announcement will be made online and to the live crowd at the Impact Zone regarding the name change to try and prevent the TNA chants. Predicts you'll get a few assholes trying to be clever though.

Says Ed Nordholm is pretty hands off and lets the wrestling people produce the show and won't interfere. In the meetings during the January tapings Ed said he will let the wrestling people (Dutch Mantell, Jeff Jarrett, John Gaburick, Madison Rayne) do what they need to do and that his job is to get it out there and promote and market the company and look after the business side of things like contracts and business strategies.

Tyrus puts over Dutch Mantell big time, says his influence is already being shown mentions Rosemary and Jade's stuff as a prime example where he is also works with Madison Rayne. He is also working with Jade on her promos. Says Gaburick is a more conservative type of booker, prefers the slow patient build, says the Allie stuff is Gaburick. Puts over Madison Rayne he says there is a wedding segment coming up which she wrote which he originally thought would stink the joint out but turned out to be downright hilarious.

Only drastic thing Ed has done so far is the name change, he flat out said he can't market a company with a name like that and that one can only take too many tits and ass jokes.

Jason Brown is the CEO, he is in charge of production with Aroluxe Media, he is basically in charge of set design and how it looks.

He says fact there is a polarising view on the Anthem Owl suggests they'll keep it as a mascot. Says the owl needs a name.

JR then says the likes of El Rey and Pop is a struggling network, Tyrus corrects him and says they're a young network. They are owned by CBS and will be on Hulu within the next few months, says Brad Schwartz has been great and fully supports the product. Tyrus then says people don't understand how hard it is in the US that if you're not WWE then the chances of getting on a big cable network are relatively slim.
Highlights from a recent Ross Report podcast show with Tyrus/Brodus Cay as the guest.

• NJPW recently launched an English version of their website for those interested. http://www.njpw1972.com/
  • Observer announced they have opened a shop on ProWrestlingTees.com website with four shirts available and more considered for the future. http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrest...ow-open-229416
  • Yesterday's episode of NXT included a tribute to Corey Graves who is leaving the show as one of its commentators. He made the announcement during NXT Takeover San Antonio with last night's NXT episode as his final show.
  • According to PWI, WWE is currently planning on releasing fewer DVD/BR wrestling sets this year than usual.
  • Some more details from the person who compiled the data about the audience drain the 3 Hour Era has been generating. He clarified some of the confusion people had with the data but with the same end result of the 3 Hour Era being terrible for RAW in terms of viewers. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...ason_for_raws/
  • For those with Time Warner Cable, Univision recently pulled their programming off of the service due to a dispute involving fees and contract issues. Lucha Underground's tv network El Rey was among the channels affected from the dispute.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:28 AM   #859
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Hope they sign Lei'D Tapa, would be a great matchup for Nia Jax.
Old 02-03-2017, 03:29 AM   #860
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Would it?
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:00 AM   #861
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

No. They are too similiar.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #862
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They've already got Nia Jax and Tamina. You don't want to clog your women's division with Amazonian acts that all blend together.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 AM   #863
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by XL View Post
Would it?
I think so. Tapa would be her biggest threat yet. Being so similar is what would make it a great match up. Nia vs Banks, Bailey, or even Charlotte is a mismatch that Nia should win easy. Put Tapa in there with her and it's a different story.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #864
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Stone Cold Renee Young:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Should Rollins not be able to work Wrestlemania 33, there will obviously be a change in plans. One pitch that has made the rounds over the last 24 hours is for Triple H to wrestle Shane McMahon at the show. We will see if that ends up being the direction if Rollins' injury requires an extended period of absence from WWE storylines.

Spoiler tag used since its related to potential Mania plan changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 2/2 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 299,000 viewers, down from last week's 307,000.
Quote:
The "This was the XFL" special last night on ESPN did 917,000 viewers, which is a good number for such a show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Kevin Kelly, who has served as the voice of Ring of Honor since 2010, departed the company this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Kelly had taken a full-time job with the company in their office last year, juggling his announcing duties with logistical duties that were meant to ease the pressures on ROH booker Hunter Johnston. At the time Kelly took the full time job, he had told PWInsider.com that he was there to work as a liaison between the wrestlers and the office to insure better communications and to help spearhead projects that ROH needed to work on, such as a streaming service and an updated website.

We are told that Kelly gave notice and departed the company. He completed his duties for the office this weekend is not currently scheduled for any additional announcing for the company at this time. He was not scheduled for this weekend's ROH events and is scheduled to travel to Japan to call the 2/5 New Japan Pro Wrestling event in Sapporo, so it would appear his exit from ROH would have no bearing on his NJPW duties. New Japan has expanded their English language commentary for their New Japan World streaming service.
Quote:
An update on the Kevin Kelly situation is that he had to make a choice between keeping his full-time office job with ROH or his commitment to New Japan, as New Japan wanted him in Japan for the entire week this coming week. So he chose New Japan, which pays well, well enough to get Don Callis back into a business that he pretty much walked away from 15 years ago. Kelly is expected to still be used as on-air talent by ROH.
Quote:
Cody Rhodes talks WWE wrestlers' knowledge of the indie scene.

On leaving WWE on his own accord: "I've done everything and more I was hoping to do, a lot of these independent groups come across like independents, they come across as brands. It's cool that I've done the more smaller independent shows, but also the larger companies too, last year I wrestled at WrestleMania, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles, TNA's Bound For Glory, Ring of Honor's Final Battle and then obviously I did New Japan Pro Wrestling's Wrestle Kingdom, so the statistic is rather staggering for me, to have a period of these events coming so fast in a featured way, it ways heavily on my mind because you want each to be good."
Link to the interview: http://www.totalwrestlingmagazine.co...print-edition/

Quote:
Jim Ross promoted his WrestleMania weekend show in Orlando. On WWE using older wrestlers to build the product: "They’re using some guys with some miles on the tires -- I’m not saying if the tires are treadless or not. But there’s two ways to use those veterans.You can use them against each other, get more eyeballs on the product and expose the younger talents in other ways, or you can figure out the way for the veterans to best give the rub to younger guys. WWE is doing a nice job of that right now."
Link to the interview: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...202-story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Kenny Omega was announced today for Ring of Honor "Honor Rising" events at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo, Japan on 2/26 and 2/27. The word that is making the rounds is that Omega will be making appearances Stateside for ROH later this year as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Since we have gotten some emails about a few TNA related topics, here is the latest:

*As of this writing, the company has not locked in Matt and Jeff Hardy to new deals.

*Drew Galloway has also yet to sign a new deal.

*Dixie Carter has moved out of the TNA offices in Nashville, TN and is not involved in any TNA decision-making. Her husband, Serg Salinas, is also no longer with the company. He lists on his LinkedIn Profile that in January, he left the company to work as General Manager of Trifecta Entertainment and Tex-Ville Tunes Music Publishing in Nashville, TN. Trifecta Entertainment was the company Dixie Carter owned and ran before TNA.

*Jeff Jarrett is believed to be coming on board as the new Executive Producer, replacing John "Big" Gaburick, but we have heard differing accounts of whether Jarrett's deal is done. Jarrett is still moving forward with GFW so it's possible he will try and bridge the two entities together going forward. I wouldn't be shocked to see the GFW TV that was filmed in Las Vegas eventually end up on Fight Network, but that's only my gut feeling.

*The latest word is John Gaburick is not leaving the company as we have heard he has restructured his deal to remain.

*There have been no major office departures and thus far, no real talk of moving the company to Toronto (yet).

*Dutch Mantel is officially on Creative, joining Matt Conway, Gaburick and Madison Rayne.

*Don West is, thus far, only back to help liquidate the TNA warehouse. We are told there was a ton of merchandise that needed to be sold off so the company is working towards that end. Bringing back West was a Jarrett idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The owners of Lucha Underground, Lucha Libre FMV LLC, have applied to trademark "Penta OM", the new name for the former Pentagon Jr.

What makes that interesting is that Pentagon Jr. left AAA to become an independent talent and changed his name because it was owned by AAA. AAA's Dorian Rodan was named head of Lucha Libre FMV right before Pentagon's exit and now that company is filing a trademark on Pentagon's new independent name, premumably to prevent him from actually using it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsNet.ca
Legendary professional wrestler Bret (Hitman) Hart says he’s 100 per cent recovered and back in the gym a year after surgery for prostate cancer.

Hart says it was a tough battle and he feared the worst, but he benefited from early detection.

The situation is not the same for his older brother, who also has prostate cancer.

Hart says his brother didn’t go for testing or take care of things early, and now he’s looking at maybe a year to live.

Hart, who is 59, has had serious health issues before -- he suffered a stroke in 2002 that left him partially paralyzed, but he made a successful recovery.

• The Orlando Sentinel recently had an interview with Sgt. Slaughter regarding his heel turn during the Gulf War. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...203-story.html
  • Vice had a recent article about Kenny Omega's rise from his days as a Junior hockey player to becoming a big star in wrestling recently. https://sports.vice.com/ca/article/k...ling-superstar
  • According to PWI, Tamina is expected to join the Smackdown brand based on recently updated card for an upcoming MSG house show. Also rumored to be returning as a face for the women's division.
  • Recent rumor going around the net involves Micheal Cole wanting to retire as a commentator and work in production for the WWE within the near future. May or may not be the reason why Corey Graves got promoted as a full-time RAW announcer recently.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Emmalina hype promos only need 18 more days to surpass the amount of time Emma was out injured. Emma had been injured for around 140 days before being cleared to return while Emmalina hype videos have been going on for around 123 days.
  • According to the Observer, Emmalina has become a running joke within the WWE and they currently don't have any plans for her actual debut. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/s...73072982970368
Old 02-04-2017, 02:20 AM   #865
Mr. Nerfect

I said that if Vince and Kevin Dunn work out how hot Emma actually is, they are going to push her to the moon. Running joke or not, I think that when she does show up, they actually do it in a relatively big way. By that I mean I could see her immediately challenging Charlotte and winning the belt.

I'm totally fine with Michael Cole retiring from commentary. Isn't it like 20 years he's been with the company now? Tom Phillips and Corey Graves are the "young energized" couple that can handle a three-hour RAW on their own. That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to them hiring Kevin Kelly, but I can't see them doing that. Cole can still do the occasional special to make *him* feel special. Ideally there would only be 12 PPVs a year, and Cole could be the voice of those working with a color guy like Kurt Angle.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:15 AM   #866
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

They can't copyright a name they have never used.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:29 AM   #867
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
They can't copyright a name they have never used.
Um, you can't copyright a name. You can however file for a trademark.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:30 AM   #868
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Just like I have the trademark on Lock Jaw™
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #869
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by the Nia-maker:

Quote:
WWE numbers fell from last week, which isn't a story because the Monday after Royal Rumble is likely to be one of the two or three highest rated shows of the year.

But what was a surprise was how far they tumbled, as last night's show averaged 3.10 million viewers. To put that number into perspective, only five shows in 2016 outside of football season were lower, and this was with a fairly loaded show with Bill Goldberg and a fresh main event with Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe ...

With the exception of two shows in August against the Olympics, two June shows against major NBA playoff games, and a Monday that fell on July 4th, this week's number was lower than any non-football Raw of 2016.

It also had a bad drop and a very weak third hour.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.34 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.17 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.84 million viewers
Likely will be RAW's range for the Road to Mania since no more really big shows are left till the go-home Mania show.

Quote:
Ivan Koloff, 74, one of pro wrestling's leading heels of the 70s and 80s, is battling liver cancer.

Koloff is best known for his January 18th, 1971, win over Bruno Sammartino in Madison Square Garden which ended up being Sammartino's only pinfall loss in that building in his entire career. The win ended Sammartino's nearly eight year run as WWWF champion.
For those interested in donating, Koloff's daughter recently started a GoFundMe fundraiser to help with medical costs: http://www.gofundme.com/Ivan-koloffs...financial-need

Quote:
WWE issued an update on Shinsuke Nakamura's storyline knee injury, noting that there were no tears in Nakamura's knee and that he wouldn't require surgery.
Quote:
The custom WWE Championship that WWE sent the New England Patriots after their Super Bowl 51 win was heavily featured during the team's victory parade today. Rob Gronkowski posted a picture with the title before the parade began and it appeared several times on the TV broadcast.
Quote:
EVOLVE announced that Michael Elgin and Donovan Dijak would be wrestling for the promotion over WrestleMania weekend, which probably says something about Dijak's future with Ring of Honor. Elgin & Dijak will challenge for Tracy Williams & Fred Yehi's EVOLVE tag titles on March 30th in Orlando, Florida. Elgin will also face Zack Sabre Jr. the next night.
Quote:
Paige's life story could soon be making its way to the big screen.

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson announced on Facebook on Tuesday that his Seven Bucks Productions company is producing a film based on WWE wrestler Paige (real name Saraya-Jade Bevis) and her family. The movie was inspired by a documentary that aired on Channel 4 in the UK that chronicled Paige and her family's career in the wrestling business.

Based on the documentary, the film will be titled "Fighting With My Family."

"Years ago (2012) while shooting Fast & Furious in London, I was up at 3am (too much caffeine) and stumbled upon a documentary on a UK station about a local wrestling family and their daughter's unlikely journey into the global spotlight," Johnson wrote.

"That daughter, is current WWE Women's Superstar, Paige. The family element I saw in the doc, is what grabbed my attention. That no matter how crazy life gets, no matter how dysfunctional our families can sometimes be and especially regardless of how much we fight -- we're always there for each other when it counts. That's what families do."

Stephen Merchant will write and direct the film, with Johnson noting that Merchant grasped how gritty and heartfelt the comedy-drama should be. Johnson also noted that they would be partnering with WWE Studios and Film 4 on the project.

The Hollywood Reporter's story on the film said that Florence Pugh and Jack Lowden have been tapped for starring roles, with Johnson making a cameo as himself in addition to his position as executive producer.

Paige's wrestling career is currently on hold after she underwent neck surgery last year. She was also suspended by WWE twice for wellness policy violations in 2016.
Quote:
The WWE signed a multi-year deal with Dana Warrior, the widow of Ultimate Warrior. This is part of continuing to market the Ultimate Warrior name, have her be part of the annual Ultimate Warrior Award, etc.
Quote:
Adding to a class that already includes Kurt Angle as its headliner, it was revealed on Monday afternoon that The Rock 'n' Roll Express would also be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2017.

The announcement that Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson would be joining the Hall of Fame was made by CBS Sports, with WWE also posting an article about it on their website. Morton & Gibson were voted into the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame in 2014.

"It was a surprise," Morton said to CBS Sports. "I had a message on my phone (from WWE) to call the number back. I think they got ahold of Robert at the time. When they called, it was just like a suckerpunch. It just knocked us off our feet."

"It's an honor for Ricky and me to go into the Hall of Fame," Gibson said.
Quote:
John Layfield will be doing a new "Legends with JBL" show on Wednesday talking with Stan Hansen. Those shows are always interesting.
Quote:
Charles Robinson revealed in an interview on WWE.com that he tore his plantar fascia while refereeing John Cena vs. AJ Styles at the Royal Rumble and reflected on what it was like to be there for Cena's 16th title win.
Link to the interview: http://www.wwe.com/article/charles-r...ampionship-win

Quote:
Don Callis makes his debut calling New Japan Pro Wrestling ... as he'll be calling the New Beginning in Sapporo with Kevin Kelly. The show will be headlined by Kazuchika Okada defending the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Minoru Suzuki.
Replaces Steve Corino who recently joined the WWE as a new NXT trainer.

Quote:
Kenny Omega, The Young Bucks, Ricochet, and Will Ospreay will be appearing for OTT Wrestling at a big show in Ireland on April 15th at National Stadium. The promotion also had a show today with Drew Galloway making a surprise appearance and Mark Haskins wrestling for the first time since taking time off with a neck injury last year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As we reported yesterday, Seth Rollins was back in Birmingham, Alabama regarding the MCL tear in his knee. The hope among those I've spoken to today is that Rollins will be good to go by Wrestlemania, pending any further complications.

Erick Rowan is at the WWE Performance Center this week working towards being cleared from his torn rotator cuff.

Rich Swann was pulled out of in-ring duties due to a foot or ankle issue. That's why he disappeared from his storyline against Neville.

Hideo Itami is off the injured reserve.
Quote:
Dave Meltzer noted on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE expects that Seth Rollins will be able to wrestle at WrestleMania 33. At this time, the Seth Rollins vs. Triple H match is on and that’s what WWE will work towards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned there’s some truth to rumors claiming Nikki Bella will be done in the ring after WrestleMania 33 … but we’re told she won’t be leaving WWE.

Sources with direct knowledge tell us Nikki had been trying her best to deal with the pain her neck has been feeling while also traveling a full-time schedule … however, it’s become too much.

As we previously reported, she had only intended to be a part-time performer upon her return.

We’re told the pain often causes numbness to one side of her body, so she’s hoping some time away will allow her to wrestle every once in awhile for WWE at big events in the future.

Our sources say Nikki’s contract is also up around the same time as Mania, but those close to the deal believe they’ll agree to a new one before WM33 that would keep her around for the foreseeable future.

• Observer recently debunked rumors of Eva Marie leaving the WWE after she got rid of all WWE related stuff from her Twitter account. Past reports about her teased the WWE still hasn't been willing to use her even for house shows after her suspension ended months ago.
  • ESPN had a recent interview with Sami Zayn about him wanting to help change the way Muslims are portrayed in wrestling and be a positive role model for them. http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/1...lims-wrestling
  • For those interested, the Observer Radio recently had an episode dedicated to the XFL and some of the crazy stuff Vince did not covered by the 30 For 30 documentary last week. http://www.f4wonline.com/wrestling-o...out-xfl-229611
  • WWE recently called up one of NXT's refs, Danilo Anfibio, to the Smackdown brand with this weekend's NXT house shows as his last there.
  • During a recent Observer Radio show, Dave Meltzer implied the reason for lack of Stone Cold podcast shows on the Network is due to the WWE souring on Austin and him unwilling to filter or let them have complete control for the episodes. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...n_new_network/
  • Apparently someone recently tried to kill former WWE wrestler/announcer Ricardo Rodriguez while he was driving with his family. Had his car shot at but lucky the shooter only managed to destroy the car's back window. https://twitter.com/RRWWE/status/829024803428429824
Old 02-08-2017, 07:10 PM   #870
Mr. Nerfect

I heard that Ivan Koloff was battling cancer and that he isn't in the Hall of Fame. Go on, Vince -- put him in.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #871
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Bliss Era Appreciation Wednesday:

Quote:
SmackDown viewership was down last night to 2.627 million viewers, a drop of seven percent from the previous week, despite a main event featuring the two biggest stars on the brand in John Cena and Randy Orton ...

This was the go-home show for Sunday's Elimination Chamber PPV, the last SmackDown-exclusive PPV before WrestleMania.
Quote:
Following an announcement that was made in Japan earlier in the day, Impact Wrestling announced on its website on Tuesday night that the company had entered an official working relationship with Pro Wrestling NOAH.

"We look forward to making a formal announcement soon in Tokyo and seeing IMPACT Stars compete at NOAH’s Yokohama event on March 12," Impact Wrestling wrote when announcing the agreement. "We are thrilled to build this relationship even further with more details to come."

Some of those details will likely be revealed when that formal announcement is made, but it appears that the promotions will at least be sharing talent going forward.
Quote:
WWE added Randy Orton vs. Luke Harper and Dolph Ziggler vs. Apollo Crews & Kalisto in a handicap match to Sunday's Elimination Chamber card on last night's SmackDown. The updated Elimination Chamber lineup is:
  • John Cena defending the WWE Championship against AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Bray Wyatt, and Baron Corbin in an Elimination Chamber match
  • Alexa Bliss defending the SmackDown Women's Championship against Naomi
  • Randy Orton vs. Luke Harper
  • American Alpha defending the SmackDown Tag Team Championship against The Usos, Heath Slater & Rhyno, The Ascension, Breezango, and The Vaudevillains in a tag team turmoil match
  • Becky Lynch vs. Mickie James
  • Nikki Bella vs. Natalya
  • Dolph Ziggler vs. Apollo Crews & Kalisto in a handicap match
Quote:
Another match was also added to the March 5th Fastlane card last night as Jack Gallagher became the number one contender for Neville's WWE Cruiserweight Championship by winning a fatal five-way match on 205 Live. Neville vs. Gallagher joins Kevin Owens vs. Goldberg for the Universal title and Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman as the matches already announced for Raw's last brand-exclusive pay-per-view before WrestleMania.
Quote:
It was announced last night that Gran Metalik would be making his 205 Live debut next week.
Quote:
NBC in Chicago ran a story about former WWE broadcaster Mike Adamle and the health issues he's battling. Adamle has been diagnosed with dementia and is possibly suffering from CTE as well, among other health problems. Adamle participated in the interview to tell his story and in the hopes that it would help others experiencing similar issues. Adamle is a former NFL player and has been a broadcaster for a number of outlets.
Quote:
Paige and Alberto Del Rio were interviewed by TMZ Sports, with Paige saying that she'd consider trying out MMA when her time with WWE comes to an end.
Link to the interview: http://www.tmz.com/2017/02/08/paige-...o-del-rio-wwe/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Natalya noted on her Instagram account that she met Andre the Giant's daughter Robyn backstage at last night's Smackdown taping in Seattle. That is the first I've heard of her visiting at a WWE event. A few years back, she made an appearance at a comic convention to promote a graphic novel based on her father's life and noted she had no relationship with WWE at that point.
Link to the photo: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQO6RN3lVrh/?hl=en

Quote:
Nigel McGuinness makes his debut on commentary for NXT on the episode that airs tonight on the WWE Network.
For some reference, he is replacing Corey Graves who got promoted full-time for RAW and 205 Live. Last week was Graves final NXT show.

Quote:
wXw announced today that Pete Dunne would no longer be wrestling for the promotion on February 24th, with Revolution Pro Wrestling also announcing that Dunne would be wrestling for them on the same date instead against the former Pentagon Jr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The Rock announced that Nick Frost and Lena Headey would be starring in "Fighting With My Family", the WWE Studios comedy based on the lives of The Knights, Paige's family, which was officially announced yesterday. Frost is absolutely amazing as a comedic actor. I've been a huge fan of him since he was one of the stars of "Spaced" and "Shaun of the Dead. Headey is best known from "Game of Thrones" but was equally great in "Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles" series that was cancelled woefully premature by FOX. Rock made the announcement via Twitter:

Welcome the brilliant/bad ass @IAMLenaHeadey & the often mistaken as my twin @nickjfrost to our cast. #FightingWithMyFamily @SevenBucksProd pic.twitter.com/q7Y3hvKgse
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) February 8, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Darren Young posted on his Instagram account that he will be getting his elbow loaded with some "serious hardware" tommorrow in Birmingham by Dr. Dugas. He also noted there is no timeframe set for his in-ring return.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Deadline Hollywood reported that WWE Studios has purchased the English language remake rights to Norwegian slasher "Cold Prey". The film is described as a cross between "The Grey" and "The Revanant" with a strong female lead. The plot centers around a group of friends who decide to ski out of bounds and are forced to take shelter when a storm hits, finding themselves imprisoned in an abandoned ski lodge along with a maniacal killer. The original film has already spawned a few sequels ."Cold Prey" is hailed as one of the best and most successful modern Norwegian horror franchises. Casey La Scala, who was a producer on "Donnie Darko" and the upcoming "Amityville: The Awakening", will serve as writer and executive producer on the project. La Scala recently wrote, produced and directed "The Remaining" for Sony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting that we will get one more Collection this month, a 2017 Hall of Fame Collection, listing the following synopis:

WWE Hall of Fame: Class of 2017

One of the greatest entertainers in WWE history, Kurt Angle headlines the 2017 WWE Hall of Fame Inductees. Enjoy some of the Olympic Gold Medalist and six-time World Champion’s unforgettable accomplishments from his illustrious WWE career. Plus, be sure to keep an eye on this WWE Hall of Fame Collection as the Class of 2017 takes shape, with more memorable moments added for every inductee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWN announced that Michael Elgin and Donovan Dijak will be joining EVOLVE during WrestleMania weekend.

Evolve Tag Team Champions Fred Yehi and Tracy Williams will defend against Elgin and Dijak at EVOLVE 80 on March 30.

Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Elgin has been signed for EVOLVE 81 on March 31st.

• Sam Roberts was revealed to be the guest host for Elimination Chamber ppv's pre-show.
  • For those interested, WWE's online shop is currently selling replica List of Jericho clipboards for $25. http://shop.wwe.com/chris-jericho-th...lor=No%20Color
  • WWE will be revealing updated Network numbers as part of tomorrow's investors meeting.
  • Papa Shango's Curse struck the WWE again with Tony Nese getting inducted as its newest member. Got hurt during the Cruiser match on RAW and ended up having to be pulled from yesterday's 205 Live episode.
  • According to a recent MLW podcast episode, ROH is currently dealing with serious problems backstage in regards to management no longer willing to work with Kevin Sullivan anymore. Main booker of the show (Delirious) thinks Sullivan is trying to steal his job while the locker room is upset since they like Sullivan more than Delirious. Also rumored to be a big reason why Kevin Kelly left the company. Also issues with current ownership barely caring about what goes on in the company while his successor can't do any big changes till he officially takes over. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...his_weeks_mlw/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, the origin of Austin Aires' having a banana in his suit is based on a thread made in r/SquaredCircle about wrestlers who visit the board should cut a promo with a banana on tv. Aires, who follows the board, took it one step further with the current banana gag and hinted he wanted to do something goofy on tv for a while.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:15 PM   #872
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
Um, you can't copyright a name. You can however file for a trademark.
Isn't that sort of vindictive baseless trademark filing considered grounds for lawsuit/fines?
Old 02-09-2017, 12:08 AM   #873
BigCrippyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickyTrickyDamon View Post
Isn't that sort of vindictive baseless trademark filing considered grounds for lawsuit/fines?
Nope. You don't have to actually already be currently using or have used the mark previously to apply for trademark registration. If you have actual good faith intent to use the mark commercially you can apply for trademark registration prior to your commercial use of the mark. The registration just won't be granted until you use the mark commercially, although there are some time limitations on how long you can wait.

That being said, if he's already using the mark commercially, even without registering it, he already has trademark protection, as long as he doesn't abandon the mark by not taking action against any future infringers.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #874
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Emma eating stuff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
In their earnings report, WWE announced that as of 1/31, the WWE Network has 1.5 million paid subscribers, with 1.4 million paid in the United States and 0.4 million paid internationally.

WWE did not announce how many subscribers they currently have if you include the free subscriptions they have given away through Wrestlemania to former paid subscribers
First time since announcing Network numbers they didn't include the free accounts to pad it.

Quote:
Revenue numbers are the highest in company history. Profits are still well below the pre-Network levels, although most projections are they will be at or ahead of those levels in 2017 due to an increase in TV rights fees and lower tax rates.

Most of the year was actually somewhat even in profits except that last year in the fourth quarter the company lost $1.2 million and this year's fourth quarter profits were $8.0 million. Total revenue in quarter four was $194.9 million, up from $166.2 million in quarter four of 2015 ...

U.S. subscriber numbers at year-end were 1,033,000, up from 940,000. However, the Network division overall decreased in profitability for the year from $48.4 million to $36.9 million, due to increases in costs of the Network programming and a major decline in PPV.

Virtually all significant profit growth comes from television rights fees. Profits were up on television from $88.0 million in 2015 to $114.8 million in 2016, even though revenue increased by $10.6 million. Some of that is misleading, in the sense that they expense some things to the Network that were formerly expensed to television ...

If there was a hidden negative, it's that live event attendance, while up overall due to running more shows, decreased in profitability as well as average attendance.

For the main brand shows, the average paid attendance in quarter four was 5,300, down from 6,300 in the same quarter last year. That doesn't factor in NXT events. The total profits for all fourth quarter shows, including NXT events, fell from $7.3 million to $6.2 million in the fourth quarter.
Net profit ended up being around $33.4 million overall which ends up being lower than pre-Network era for that category. TV fees basically carried the company this year since everything else was mostly down.

Quote:
In the main take, Vince McMahon spoke of touring the 205 Live wrestlers with their own house shows, similar to NXT, as well as a European outpost with regular touring, stemming from the U.K. special. He didn't give any timetable as to when this would happen.

The idea of a U.K. or Europe based satellite group is something that has been talked about a lot, but the idea of doing house show tours with the cruiserweights is something that is new. If all groups are running and there are two NXT shows, that would leave the company with as many as six events every Saturday night.
Quote:
Vince also said the brand extension is working extremely well, as they expected. He said there is some crossover with viewers, which they wanted, but they are introducing new viewers to SmackDown and that’s what they have been trying to do. He also mentioned fresh talent going from brand to brand, using Roman Reigns potentially jumping to SmackDown as an example.
Quote:
Dwayne Johnson in step one apparently, is upset with Under Armour CEO Kevin Plank (Johnson has a shoe line with Under Armour) for his public support of Donald Trump, saying Plank's comments were divisive and lacking in perspective.
Won't go as far as Stephen Curry and drop the brand but said the CEO's support for Trump was bad considering the diversity of Under Armour. Link to the interview: http://news.sky.com/story/under-armo...pport-10762886

Quote:
Lance Archer will be undergoing surgery for a herniated disc in his lower back which will put him out of action for a long time. The timing couldn't be worse since he and Davey Boy Smith Jr. were primed for a run as the top foreign tag team in New Japan. For tonight's tag title match, Smith Jr. will team with Takashi Iizuka. Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that he's expected to undergo surgery at some point over the next week.
Quote:
Mick Foley will be writing a Christmas book called "Saint Mick" this year for release during the Christmas season.
Quote:
Matt Cross (Son of Havoc) just found out that he broke his leg four weeks ago on a show in Seattle. We had heard he injured his leg doing a moonsault and he'd been canceling his shows. When the leg wasn't getting better as quick as he'd hoped for, he got an X-ray and found out it was broken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 2/9 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 252,000 viewers, down from last week's 299,000 viewers.
Quote:
The four-show Tokyo Dome series on Wrestle Kingdom 11 on AXS, which ended with a show headlined by Kushida vs. Hiromu Takahashi, that aired on 2/3, were considered successful by the station. It was enough that changing to airing more up-to-date matches is something likely to be discussed.
Quote:
Jeff Jarrett has replaced John Gaburick as the main guy in TNA. This happened about two weeks ago but has been largely kept quiet. Gaburick is still with the company, but Dixie Carter and Serg Salinas are gone. Salinas is completely gone while Carter may still have a title but no longer is working out of the office and essentially is a non-entity. Salinas is listed as having left the company last month to become General Manager of Trifecta Entertainment. Trifecta Entertainment was the publicity company that Carter ran prior to the family purchasing TNA. Jarrett has spoken with people with the idea he’ll be able to make deals soon.
Quote:
Jarrett has been trying to set up a meeting with the people doing ITV World of Sport. World of Sport wants someone to run their wrestling operations as they don’t want to be running a wrestling promotion, have no experience at it, but are interested in a promotion so they can run a weekly television show. The expectation is ITV will be making a decision shortly about wrestling. We’d heard talk of February tapings, and obviously that’s not happening but they are still in touch with people and talking like it’s a go, but this is also the television business where you operate like it’s a go as long as the idea is still alive.

It does look like Jarrett may be trying pull of an international relationship with TNA, Crash, NOAH and ITV just judging from recent meetings. Jarrett and Crash makes sense given that Jarrett is working the main event himself at the next Crash show, and bringing Eli Drake from TNA in as well. The problem is that the biggest stars Crash and Konnan have would be Rey Mysterio Jr., Penta 0M, Rey Fenix, Jeff Cobb, Ricochet, Brian Cage, etc. who are all under contract to Lucha Underground which means they can’t work for TNA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWTorch
Keith Lee was advertised for his final ROH appearances last week in San Antonio on Feb. 2 and Dallas on Feb. 3 in his hometown. According to multiple sources, ROH officials had decided earlier in the week not to use him on Saturday, but for some reason this was never communicated to Lee until Friday night.

Lee teamed with Shane Taylor as scheduled to face The Briscoes on Friday in a match that was set up at ROH’s TV Tapings in January. When Lee got his check for the show on Friday, he noticed he had only been paid for one match.

Lee attempted to find out what the plans were for him in Dallas on Friday. According to one source, Lee couldn’t find ROH booker Delirious to find out what was going on. Eventually an ROH official informed Lee he was off of the show on Friday. Another source noted that if Lee had been able to wrestle in Dallas, he would have been able to say goodbye to the company in front of his hometown fans.

One longtime ROH wrestler noted that they were happy that Lee was done with the coming. Many wrestlers were unhappy last month when ROH signed Shane Taylor to a contract, but Lee ended up announcing he was going to sign with EVOLVE. Lee made the announcement in January on his Twitter account a day after the ROH TV tapings had taken place.
More problems for ROH in regards to their current head booker situation.

• Miz was announced to be hosting ESPN's Sports Nation Show on March 2nd and 3rd.
  • Recent episode of Busted Open Radio podcast had Alberto Del Rio and Paige as the guests. https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmrush/...-i-needed-them
  • Observer recently teased Vince is considering having Hogan return at Mania as one of the big surprises for the show. https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/s...91256435777536
  • WWE announced Curt Hawkins vs Mojo Rawley will be the pre-show match for Sunday's Elimination Chamber ppv.
  • WWE has recently started to add 2010 Smackdown episodes to the WWE Network with Smackdown's entire back catalog of episodes to be finished by next month.
  • Observer stating TNA is considering cutting the pay of their wrestlers as a way to save more money. Main reason is due to the amount of money Anthem has spent so far and likely haven't made any money back since being TNA's new owner.
  • Apparently a British indie promotion called PCW revealed an upcoming memorial show held in honor of a deceased wrestler won't actually involve the funds raised going to his family nor cancer related charities. Instead they are pocketing the money raised since they felt they already gave enough to the wrestler while he was alive. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=7006
Old 02-14-2017, 09:27 PM   #875
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by The Creation of Kevin:

New rumor going around the net for Mania teases at a potential multi-women's match with the twist being a New Gen vs Old Gen tag match. Would likely involve Mickie James, Kelly Kelly, and whoever else the WWE can get to show at Mania for the Old Gen team.

Spoiler tag used since its related to rumored Mania plans.

Quote:
Raw started lower than last week, but declined far less during the show, and ended up at 3.07 million viewers, down one percent from last week.

It was the least-watched Monday Raw that didn't go up against a major sports event or fall on a major holiday, dating back to 1997.

Unlike the Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks title match, which was a huge ratings hit as the main event, the lone ratings positive out of Charlotte vs. Bayley is that the third hour number didn't fall at the same pace as it usually does ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.20 million viewers
9 p.m. 3.15 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.91 million viewers

For a comparison, last week's three hours were 3.34 million, 3.17 million, and 2.84 million.
Drop itself was really small compared to last week but still a horrible number considering its Road to Mania season.

Quote:
Continuing the WrestleMania season tradition of announcing Hall of Fame inductees before Raw on Mondays, WWE added Teddy Long to the 2017 Hall of Fame class this week.

WWE chose Fox Sports to break the news, with an article also appearing on their own website. Long joins Kurt Angle and The Rock 'n' Roll Express as the already announced members of this year's class.
Quote:
Vince Vaughn has been tapped for a role in "Fighting with my Family," the film that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's production company is producing about Paige and her family. Vaughn will play an "80's wrestling star who squandered his money and opportunities because he didn't have the capacity to handle his fame."
Quote:
Kelly Kelly was backstage at Raw, with WWE posting a video on their YouTube channel teasing her making an appearance at WrestleMania.
Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RSOBndb580

Quote:
Ring of Honor has announced Jay Lethal vs. Cody Rhodes in a Texas bullrope match and The Kingdom defending their trios titles against Silas Young, Beer City Bruiser, and a mystery partner for the promotion's WrestleMania weekend show in Lakeland, Florida on April 1st.

Marty Scurll defending the TV title against Lio Rush is also set for ROH's 15th Anniversary PPV on March 10th in Las Vegas.

In addition to the Honor Rising cards that were released, NJPW announced a Togi Makabe 20th anniversary show for February 21st at Korakuen Hall. Makabe will team with Tomoaki Honma against Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano in the show's main event.
Quote:
Kazuchika Okada is scheduled to face Tiger Mask W in a non-title match for NJPW on March 6th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
According to MMAFighting, Brock Lesnar has notified UFC about his retirement from MMA. Lesnar has not made an official announcement but a UFC spokesperson has confirmed that they were notified.

Lesnar has also been removed from USADA's drug testing pool, as he is no longer officially a member of the UFC. He was suspended till July 15, 2017 but his suspension is frozen now since he is no longer in the testing pool. If he chooses to return to UFC at a later date, he will have to serve the remaining five months of his suspension before he can fight again.
Quote:
In what was a formality given how the process had gone up until this point, Linda McMahon was confirmed as administrator of President Donald Trump's Small Business Administration on Tuesday morning.

The United States Senate voted on McMahon's nomination and confirmed her by a vote of 81-19. She was previously approved out of the Senate's Small Business and Entrepreneurship Committee by an 18-1 vote.
Quote:
Melina Roucka (Rosa Mendes) announced her retirement today[Feb. 13]. She hadn't wrestled since April 2015, when she was written out of storylines after finding out she was pregnant. She made the announcement on her daughter's first birthday.
Quote:
Contenders Clothing, a men's active lifestyle apparel company, has partnered with WWE to co-brand WWE boxer briefs called the WWE Contenders Collection. There will be adult and youth boxer briefs of John Cena, Roman Reigns, A.J. Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Savage, Ric Flair and Steve Austin. They will be available for order on 2/21.
Quote:
Dorian Roldan on Twitter confirmed for the first time the Lucha Underground deal on Netflix. He only said it would be available in the spring. The target date was this week and it will be available in both the U.S. and Mexico.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
When TNA tapes Impact Wrestling from 3/2-3/5, they will back in the original Impact Zone, soundstage 21. They had not taped in that soundstage for years due to it not being available as it was booked by other productions on days TNA wanted to use it. This is the same soundstage that the company had a full-time lease for years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
New Japan World added their own tribute to the late Chavo Guerrero Sr.

The streaming service has added two WWF Light Heavyweight Title matches between Guerrero and WWE Hall of Famer Tatsumi Fujinami from 1980 - the first from 5/9/80 from the Fukuoka Sports Arena and the second from 8/9/80 at Shea Stadium in Queens, NY.

You can watch free at http://njpwworld.com/search/tag/man_45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProWrestlingSheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned there were big plans for the Emmalina character … but after multiple rehearsals, producers realized she couldn’t pull off what they were looking to accomplish.

Sources tell us Emmalina was intended to be a throwback to characters like Sable and The Kat — however, delays were caused after officials felt like she wasn’t committing enough to the role and ultimately they decided to just let Emma be evil again.

We’re told producers are still big fans of the character’s concept though — which is why they held hope it would work out — so it’s always possible that they’ll hold onto it for another female in the future.

• WWE was recently involved in a robbery incident with Heath Slater and The Ascension having their rental car broken into and stuff stolen during a house show yesterday.
  • Recent episode of the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast had Observer's Dave Meltzer as the guest. https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/t...21_00_00-08_00
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, yesterday was the 20th anniversary of the "HBK loses his smile" promo and vacating the WWF title.
  • WWE announced yesterday they recent agreed to work with Bill Simmons on an Andre the Giant documentary. Simmons had been trying for years to get the project made but for unknown reasons the WWE kept refusing to help.
  • Tonight is the series finale of "Legends with JBL" show on the Network. Jimmy Hart will be the final guest.
  • British promotion PCW recent responded to growing backlash in regards to holding a memorial show for a former wrestler and refusing to donate the money to Kris Travis' family or cancer related charities. They are still keeping the money but will be holding another special event later in the year for charity. https://twitter.com/PCW_UK/status/830104861005971457
  • Rumor going around the net is Kelly Kelly recently agreed to a 3 year deal to return to the WWE.
Old 02-14-2017, 09:30 PM   #876
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
ROFL @ Gargano's tweet.
Volare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:31 PM   #877
Juan
Doin' It Right

Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Juan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
According to ESPN, Brock Lesnar has officially retired from UFC
Juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:30 PM   #878
Mr. Nerfect

That's a fucking shame about the Emmalina character, because that was her meal ticket. It's a shame that star role might go to someone else now.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:11 PM   #879
XL
Feeling Oof-y

XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)XL makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They want a "throwback Diva" character, Emma can't do it, rumours Kelly Kelly has been re-signed. Coincidence?
XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #880
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Quote:
Contenders Clothing, a men's active lifestyle apparel company, has partnered with WWE to co-brand WWE boxer briefs called the WWE Contenders Collection. There will be adult and youth boxer briefs of John Cena, Roman Reigns, A.J. Styles, Dean Ambrose, Randy Savage, Ric Flair and Steve Austin. They will be available for order on 2/21.
Gotta get me a pair of Steve Austins.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote