TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #1081
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post

It seems like you're a shitty friend then.

I can't speak for Dave, but I know that I wouldn't consider someone who doesn't respect what I do for a living or at least who bad mouths me anonymously on the internet, to be my friend.
Being part of the wrestling industry I'm sure Dave is used to those to claim to be his friends, talking shit about him.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #1082
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drave View Post
But if someone is anonymously bad mouthing you on the internet, how do you know?
I'm not saying you would, but it's not something I would expect my friends to do about me, as I wouldn't do that to them.
BigCrippyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:33 PM   #1083
BigCrippyZ

BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)BigCrippyZ got the bus to Rep Town and repped it up real bad at the rep shop (100,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly Dale Newstead View Post
Being part of the wrestling industry I'm sure Dave is used to those to claim to be his friends, talking shit about him.
True.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:42 PM   #1084
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:

I can't speak for Dave, but I know that I wouldn't consider someone who doesn't respect what I do for a living or at least who bad mouths me anonymously on the internet, to be my friend.
It's not that crazy. I know Vince McMahon personally and consider him a friend.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #1085
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirtsheets sponsored by Newest member of the List of Jericho:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
WWE announced its first quarter financial results showing more revenue but with profits well down from the same period last year.

The first quarter, which doesn’t include WrestleMania, generated $188,444,000 in revenue and posted an $897,000 profit. For the first quarter of 2016, the numbers were $171,100,00 in revenue and $14,111,000 in profits.

The WrestleMania business rundown won’t be released until early August.

The disappointing profits saw the stock drop $1 per share in price to $19.79 per share and a $1.51 billion company market value. WWE had alerted investors after WrestleMania that first quarter profits would be lower than at first indicated, but even with that, Wall Street was expecting profits closer to $2.0 to $2.5 million.

The profits once again failed to cover the dividend of $9,169,320. But overall cash on hand did stay relatively even, as it was $267,140,000 at the end of 2016 (a figure bolstered by a lot of money in loans) and on 3/31 it was up to $270,683,000.
Quote:
Of note, the WWE Network averaged 1,490,000 paid subscribers over the first quarter of 2017. WWE noted that the number represents a 16 percent increase over last year's opening quarter.

There were 1,574,000 paid network subscriptions as of March 31st, with 1,165,000 subscribers in the United States and 409,000 internationally. There were 1,697,000 total subscribers at the end of the quarter.

The network had 1,661,000 paid subscriptions as of April 3rd, which was the day after WrestleMania. Total subscribers fell just short of two million then, coming in at 1,949,000.
Quote:
Charlotte Flair posted a statement on Twitter about nude photos of her that have been leaked online: "Private photos of mine were stolen and shared publicly without my consent. These images must be removed from the Internet immediately."
Quote:
Mark Henry showed up at last night's San Antonio Spurs vs. Houston Rockets playoff game and took part in a segment where he laid out the Rockets' mascot with a steel chair.
Link to the video: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...56137076064256

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor returns to PPV next Friday 5/12 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City with "War of the Worlds" featuring:

*ROH champion Christopher Daniels vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Jay Lethal.

*ROH TV champion Marty Scurll vs. Matt Sydal

*ROH Tag Team champions The Young Bucks vs. Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI.

*ROH Six Man Tag Team champions Bully Ray & The Briscoes vs. NEVER Openweight champion Hirooki Goto & Roppongi Vice.

*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Adam Cole.

*IWGP Tag Team champions War Machine vs. EVIL & SANADA vs. Jonathan Gresham & Chris Sabin (with Alex Shelley).

*Will Ospreay vs. Jay White.

*Adam "Hangman" Page vs. Frankie Kazarian.

*KUSIDA vs. Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young vs. Bobby Fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The attorneys representing TNA Wrestling, LLC in the lawsuit brought against them last year by Nashville-based Fraley International, LLC (which handles importation of merchandise from overseas) over money owed from shipments of TNA merchandise being brought to the United States after it was produced in the Far East, have withdrawn as their representation as of 4/24. They filed a motion asking the Chancery Court in Nashville to allow them to stop representing TNA on 3/16, citing lack of payment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestleInc
WWE's "Bring It To The Table" will now be a monthly series on the WWE Network, according to PWInsider. The next episode will premiere after Monday's RAW goes off the air with Peter Rosenberg, Corey Graves and JBL discussing the recent "House of Horrors" match at WWE Payback between Bray Wyatt and WWE Champion Randy Orton. It appears Paul Heyman will not be returning to the series.
Quote:
In a move that has to open up a lot of questions regarding the long-term of the project, the ITV television tapings scheduled for 5/25 and 5/26 at the Guild Hall in Preston, England, have been cancelled. The news was first broken by PW Insider even before talent was told shortly after the news had surfaced. Neither ITV nor Anthem Entertainment, who were working together on the project, had commented on the story. On 5/2, there was an announcement in the form of a single tweet by Anthem that the tapings weren’t taking place and that fans could get ticket refunds, with the story being it was due to contract negotiations.

That reason was actually honest, in the sense it was because ITV and Anthem Entertainment failed to reach an agreement regarding the deal to start the promotion and host the shows. That much wasn’t stated. A number of sources have said that it was due to issues involving the failure to get the contract signed or reach an agreement on contract terms. Exactly what the hold-up was isn’t clear, but it had to do with being unable to reach an agreement on how much money each side was going to put into the project. It’s not clear if the partnership has fallen apart or that there were issues each side wasn’t able to agree on at this point and it led to dates being postponed.

There will be an attempt to do WOS tapings in July or August, with the idea of the show starting on television during soccer season. There was a cultural belief that people would attend afternoon soccer matches throughout the country, and then come home and watch pro wrestling in that time slot during the 60s, 70s and 80s. ITV was looking at Anthem to fund much of the costs and them providing the time slot and build from that time slot into a promotion with live events and merchandise. They were looking at a light-hearted wrestling show, a style different from what has been popular in the U.K. on the independent level, using mostly British talent and some foreigners. When ITV was looking for an outside partner, Anthem and What Culture were the two companies suggested. They went with Anthem since they had more experience in producing weekly television.
Some new updates to ITV's World of Sport taping delays. Seems Impact Wrestling's new owner is to blame for why it occurred.

Quote:
Jim Ross wrote on the AXS front that the final decision is expected this week regarding the TVs from Long Beach. He said it could end up one of three ways, either the shows aren’t broadcast live at all, that both shows go live in prime, or that one show goes live and the other show will air on a tape delay. The working idea as of this week, which is not finalized, was to show both events live with Jim Ross and Josh Barnett calling the action. Station officials seemed confident enough about it that they told Bob Magee that the plan was to do both shows live. We’re told that AXS wants to do that, that it’s the working idea, but that as of press time, New Japan had not signed off on the deal so it’s not been officially announced. New Japan World will also show both events live for those who don’t have AXS
Quote:
TNA didn’t send out a press release, but internally they were thrilled with the numbers of the first week of Impact on Spike U.K. The 4/21 debut was watched by 151,000 viewers, the fifth highest rated show no the station. The last Impact show on Challenge in December did 160,000 viewers, but 151,000 was in the ballpark of what the show was doing. We do know that the 4/28 show declined from that range, but don’t have the figure
Quote:
The Hardys tried to get Jeremy Borash to come with them to WWE and help since Borash was such a big part of the Broken Hardys creative. With his role as the lead announcer here and tons of the other things he’s part of like being the M.C. for Chef Robert Irvine live shows and Jim Ross live shows, he felt it was better to stay
Quote:
What may be the first Lesnar vs. Strowman title match could headline the 7/9 PPV show in Dallas which is actually being called the “Great Balls of Fire” PPV. It’s the first advertised Lesnar match since he won the title. Lesnar was to face Strowman before SummerSlam, and whether that led to a SummerSlam rematch or a different opponent for SummerSlam is something unclear. Balor and Rollins both brought up wrestling Lesnar on Raw.
Quote:
The company sent out another round of three month free network trials to former subscribers on 4/28. They noted that this would cover the period through the end of July, meaning six PPV shows and one Takeover special. What’s notable about this is that previously if you got a free offer, you wouldn’t get another one. However, there were people who had already just used a three month free offer, and were no longer subscribers, that were getting this offer. One person noted to us he’s now gotten nine months free based on their offers. Another, whose three free months just expired this past week, said that he went to cancel, and was the offered another free month to stay
Quote:
Wendy Barlow, Ric Flair’s fiancé, was doing well after her traffic accident on 4/25. She was in a neck brace, but doing well enough that Flair did is weekend appearance scheduled for Kansas City. Barlow, who lives in Atlanta, was at an intersection, stationary, due to a red light, when another car rear-ended her. She saw it coming and turned the wheel of the are so at impact she was knocked away instead of into the car right in front of her

Some other sheet news includes:
  • Recent article on WWE's official website re-imagined Star Wars characters as wrestlers as part of Star Wars Day celebrations. http://www.wwe.com/article/star-wars...wwe-superstars
  • During a recent Observer Radio show, Dave Metlzer speculated the crying Aiden English segment from Smackdown might have been WWE's way of making fun of former announcer Mauro Ranallo.
  • Same show also had Meltzer speculate NJPW might be considering the idea of Okada vs Cody Rhodes for the G1 Climax Special in the US. Previously was speculated Omega vs Okada might be the major match for the event.
  • Former member of WWE's Creative team recently revealed several rejected ideas and plans for wrestlers and WWE's reasons for the rejections. One included re-imaging the Goldust character with Cody Rhodes and another involved a new Invasion type angle. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...d-story-ideas/
  • Stephanie McMahon had a recent interview with The National talking about the Women's Revolution, Triple H's Mania entrance traditions, and GM Kurt Angle. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...th-kurt-angle/
  • WWE's upcoming Women's Tournament got delayed again with the WWE now planning a late 2017 date for the event. Previously the WWE was planning an early 2017 date before going with the UK tournament instead and then somewhere between May-July before the recent delay.
  • During a recent autograph session, Hulk Hogan stated he's currently in talks with Vince for a possible return back to the WWE.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #1086
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Charlotte Flair posted a statement on Twitter about nude photos of her that have been leaked online: "Private photos of mine were stolen and shared publicly without my consent. These images must be removed from the Internet immediately."
I don't think Charlotte knows how the internet works.
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 10:55 PM   #1087
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My opinion, if she didnt want them stolen she should have deleted them. Whats the point of keeping photos like that when mirrors exist.
Simple Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 11:10 PM   #1088
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Very likely those photos came from the same recent batch as the Paige leaks which came from the same batch as the original Fappening event a few years ago. If so, wouldn't mater if she previously deleted the photos since Apple supposedly kept copies on their cloud servers without informing people.

Her name was also among those teased to be getting leaked after the Paige set of wrestler leaks happened.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #1089
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Simple Fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Apple, the forbidden fruit. When will people realize that Apple is evil. Never had an Apple product in my life and probably wont unless they takeover the world and force me to.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:20 AM   #1090
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:

I respect his work as a historian far more than I do investigative journalist. And that's only because the sources he relies on are largely junk. He's not having private conversations with the people who actually make decisions. That's the only part of his work that I am very critical of.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:24 AM   #1091
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The CyNick View Post
I respect his work as a historian far more than I do investigative journalist.
This is pretty much where I'm at. Meltzer has watched a lot of wrestling. Like, a lot of wrestling. I doubt anybody else on the planet has ever consumed as much wrestling as Meltzer because he's watched pretty much every televised show or PPV put out by every company over the span of 30 years.

So I wouldn't question him as a historian. I'm sure he has sources within WWE but Vince makes the final calls and has such a tight inner circle that any "dirt" his sources would have is still gonna be vague as fuck.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:39 AM   #1092
BigCrippyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
This is pretty much where I'm at. Meltzer has watched a lot of wrestling. Like, a lot of wrestling. I doubt anybody else on the planet has ever consumed as much wrestling as Meltzer because he's watched pretty much every televised show or PPV put out by every company over the span of 30 years.

So I wouldn't question him as a historian. I'm sure he has sources within WWE but Vince makes the final calls and has such a tight inner circle that any "dirt" his sources would have is still gonna be vague as fuck.
Well of course, I agree. That's always been the case though and anyone with a brain should view his reporting in the same way. Anyone who doesn't isn't very intelligent. That also doesn't mean his sources don't most of the time have legit, albeit vague, or not necessarily reliable info, at least at the time they pass it along to Meltzer.
Old 05-05-2017, 11:44 AM   #1093
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I know his sources personally. I consider them friends.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:34 PM   #1094
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Is it Fandango?
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #1095
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Fan View Post
My opinion, if she didnt want them stolen she should have deleted them. Whats the point of keeping photos like that when mirrors exist.
I have a nice pic of my cock I like to keep around.
Big Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:42 PM   #1096
Simple Fan
Let me talk to ya

Careful there is a leaker leaking leaks of stuff like that. Good thing you're not famous, or are you?
Old 05-06-2017, 01:08 AM   #1097
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:22 AM   #1098
Sepholio
Revel in what you are

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Is that hellfire I see as his campaign logo?
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 02:24 AM   #1099
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
(WWE Kane)
Old 05-06-2017, 02:32 AM   #1100
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BrotherVito DELETED View Post
Is it Fandango?
No.

But I just so happen to know him as well. I consider him a friend, or at least an acquaintance.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:47 PM   #1101
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Talking Smack Gif:

Quote:
Kairi Hojo, one of the elite woman wrestlers in the world, who signed with WWE in March, but had personally kept it quiet, should be reporting to the Performance Center shortly.

Hojo, real name Kaori Housako, 28, announced at Saturday's Stardom show that she is leaving the promotion. She never mentioned WWE, because talent is not allowed to mention they are going to WWE until WWE announces it first.

We had reported Hojo's negotiations and signing as the story was playing out from last year. WWE was after both Hojo and Stardom's top star, Io Shirai. Shirai was brought to Orlando not that long ago to train, which was not supposed to go public but due to a communications issue, was briefly mentioned on the WWE website.

Shirai hasn't signed with WWE at this point.

Hojo has wrestled for just over five years and was an Olympic hopeful in yachting before getting into pro wrestling. She had worked a few shows for Lucha Underground but was not under contract with the promotion.
Quote:
Ember Moon has been pulled off the advertising for the NXT TakeOver show on 5/20 in Chicago. The women's title match is now a three-way with Asuka vs. Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross. It had been scheduled for a four-way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 5/4 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 260,000, a slight rise from last week's 255,000 viewers, but still down significantly from 320,000 viewers two weeks ago.
Quote:
WWE Publishing is doing a giveaway to the first 200 people who post a photo of themselves at a "Free Comic Book Day" event (May 7) on their social media and also use using hashtag #FCBDWWE. The first 200 will receive a digital copy of the first WWE comic book from Boom! Studios.

Tomorrow, @WWE is celebrating #FCBD17 with a #FCBDWWE giveaway! Find your local comic shop here and join the fun: https://t.co/CK4YDzwQc6 pic.twitter.com/fWpV3gEiw5
— WWE Publishing (@WWEpublishing) May 5, 2017
Quote:
The teams for Monday's RAW Tag Team Turmoil match from London have been revealed - Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Enzo Amore & Big Cass, Goldust & R-Truth, Sheamus & Cesaro, Heath Slater & Rhyno. As noted, the winners of the match will become new #1 contenders to RAW Tag Team Champions The Hardys.
Quote:
Katsuyori Shibata is still hospitalized. He’s been in touch with some of the wrestlers via text, and the word is he’s in good spirits and making jokes to some of them about wrestling, such as how ridiculous Yoshitatsu’s new look is. He’s in stable condition, but only family members are allowed to see him. The company is looking to create a new top star feeling there is a major hole to fill, so that may happen in G-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On April 28. 2017, TNA Entertainment registered to trademark Broken Matt, Brother Nero, Vanguard1 and Broken Brilliance.

• WWE recently uploaded around 120 hours worth of footage from Prime Time Wrestling to the WWE Network.
  • Recent episode of the Busted Open podcast show had Chris Jericho as the guest talking about his recent WWE run, Fozzy, and him trying to get newer stars over. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...t-and-lasting/
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, yesterday was the 15th Anniversary of WWE's "Plane Ride from Hell" incident. For some reference, this was the incident that led to Mr Perfect and Scott Hall getting fired. A brawl broke out during the trip, Lesnar almost opened the door to the plane in mid-flight, Micheal Hayes almost pissed on someone, and Ric Flair supposedly sexually assaulted the flight attendants. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...personnel_got/
  • In another "WWE Did You Know" type fact, Asuka hit the 400 day milestone for her NXT Women's title reign today.
  • Lucha Underground's Jack Evans recently suffered a seizure during a show in Mexico according to reports. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...e_after_a_bad/
Old 05-08-2017, 12:01 PM   #1102
The CyNick
Make the IWC Great Again

The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)The CyNick is good (20,000+)
Quote:
Well of course, I agree. That's always been the case though and anyone with a brain should view his reporting in the same way. Anyone who doesn't isn't very intelligent. That also doesn't mean his sources don't most of the time have legit, albeit vague, or not necessarily reliable info, at least at the time they pass it along to Meltzer.
99% of his sources have 75% made up stories.

The PPV cards are the best. If he even had a low level person on the inside feeding him info, he would know the top of the card for several shows in advance because promos are cut well in advance. It's a small example of how his sources are fake news for the most part.
The CyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:07 PM   #1103
Big Vic
( ._.)

Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Big Vic makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
On April 28. 2017, TNA Entertainment registered to trademark Broken Matt, Brother Nero, Vanguard1 and Broken Brilliance.
Why?
Old 05-08-2017, 12:39 PM   #1104
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Just them trying to get as much leverage into a possible settlement from the WWE. WWE knows Anthem is only pulling these antics to get a fatter paycheck and the WWE doesn't care because they don't want to get dragged into another legal mess with Impact again.

They just recently came off from a potential big legal mess with ROH in regards to their signing practices and don't want to deal with another lawsuit that can be avoidable.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #1105
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Round of Claps for the Sheets:

Quote:
Raw fell to yet another non-football season and non-holiday record modern low last night with 2.68 million viewers for the show in London.

The audience dropped six percent over the previous low mark set last week of 2.86 million viewers.

The last time Raw numbers were at this point outside of football season was 1997, when it went head-to-head with Nitro ...

In the past, being taped hadn't hurt the rating but it does appear that was the case here. Next week will be more evident because if the number is in the same ballpark for a live show, that would be a very bad sign.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.83 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.85 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.42 million viewers
Quote:
Emma was injured at today's house show in Liverpool, England. Banks did the double knee spot and covered Emma, who was supposed to kick out, but didn't. The ref counted to three and then waved off the call. The other four women in the match (Bayley, Banks & Mickie James vs. Alexa Bliss, Emma & Nia Jax) brawled and realizing Emma was hurt, Banks went to pin her again and the ref counted three again. She left under her own power holding her arm and shoulder ...

Emma wrote that she's off of the remaining European tour dates and headed back to the United States to get tests on her injured shoulder.
Link to the announcement by Emma: https://www.instagram.com/p/BT3IK9ajo9k/

Quote:
Rusev posted a video where he said that he's coming to SmackDown next week to look for answers from Shane McMahon. An angle was set up on the show two weeks ago where he said that he would only join the brand in the roster shakeup if he got a WWE title shot at Money in the Bank. He's been out of action since having shoulder surgery in March.
Quote:
Kairi Hojo, one of the elite woman wrestlers in the world, who signed with WWE in March, but had personally kept it quiet, should be reporting to the Performance Center shortly.

Hojo, real name Kaori Housako, 28, announced at Saturday's Stardom show that she is leaving the promotion. She never mentioned WWE, because talent is not allowed to mention they are going to WWE until WWE announces it first.

We had reported Hojo's negotiations and signing as the story was playing out from last year. WWE was after both Hojo and Stardom's top star, Io Shirai. Shirai was brought to Orlando not that long ago to train, which was not supposed to go public but due to a communications issue, was briefly mentioned on the WWE website.

Shirai hasn't signed with WWE at this point.
Quote:
In a video that WWE posted, Scott Dawson said that The Revival plan to be back in six weeks. Dash Wilder is currently sidelined after fracturing his jaw.
Quote:
Thaddeus Bullard, who works as Titus O'Neil in WWE, had a lawsuit filed against him in Los Angeles County Superior Court stemming from a incident filming the WWE Network show "Swerved".

TMZ originally broke the story.

Donald Anderson, who worked on the show as a cameraman, claimed the incident took place on May 18, 2015, and is suing for more than $1.2 million in damages.

According to his complaint, Bullard was zapped with an electric shock as part of the show. Anderson claimed that when that happened, Bullard kicked the camera out of his hands, causing serious inury to his hand, fingers, and wrist.

Anderson said that when it happened, he was told to leave the premises immediately for fear of further attacks.
Quote:
Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne will once again be facing off with the WWE United Kingdom Championship on the line.

It was announced at yesterday's[Sunday] UK TV tapings in Norwich that there would be a UK title defense at NXT TakeOver: Chicago on May 20th. The participants for the match were then confirmed today, with Dunne set to challenge for Bate's title.
Quote:
WWE officially announced that the NXT Women's Championship match at TakeOver: Chicago is now a triple threat with Asuka defending against Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross. Ember Moon was removed from the match due to what WWE claims is a grade one shoulder sprain.
Quote:
Several standout independent wrestlers attended WWE's tryouts in the UK this week. WWE confirmed that Jurn Simmons, Flash Morgan Webster, Chris Brookes, Travis Banks, and TK Cooper were among the names there.
Quote:
Jim Ross announced today on his blog that he will be the play-by-play announcer for the WWE U.K. television show, teaming with Nigel McGuinness.

The first shows were taped on Saturday and Sunday in Norwich, England, with results on the front page of the site.

As of what we've heard, the shows will be broken up into weekly one-hour shows, similar to NXT, airing on the WWE Network. At the tapings yesterday, it was announced that the first episode would be debuting before the end of the month.

Triple H also tweeted the same thing.

Ross will continue to also do weekly television for AXS and New Japan Pro Wrestling due to the unique contract situation he has, so he will be announcing for the two largest pro wrestling companies in the world at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WresteInc
WWE Chairman Vince McMahon took to Twitter today and wished Batista a happy anniversary. As seen below, the man behind Marvel's Drax The Destroyer responded and said he has "a f--k ton of unleashing left" in him:

15 years ago today, @WWE unleashed The Animal @DaveBautista on the WWE Universe. Happy anniversary, "Drax."
— Vince McMahon (@VinceMcMahon) May 9, 2017

I still have a f--k ton of unleashing left in me! Thanks for showing me the world boss! #DreamChaser https://t.co/ufoXLcdtWL
— Dave Bautista (@DaveBautista) May 9, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Earlier today, PWInsider.com noted that a source at Impact Wrestling disputed that the company had filed for trademarks related to the "Broken Universe" Hardy-related characters in April (government documents list it as 4/28/17) but had actually filed back in January.

In response to our report, Matt and Rebecca Hardy each took to Twitter, knocking that claim:

The days of "working" figures & statistics (aka lying) in this industry are OVAH.. Especially government documented records. https://t.co/CHCi0QTAEo
— The VESSEL of MMH (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 9, 2017

Again, government records list 4/28/17.

Obviously, the situation is going to get uglier unless all sides come to some sort of agreement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Wrestling Sheet
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Braun Strowman is scheduled to be out of action following tonight’s Raw taping to undergo a minor procedure to fix some issues with his elbow.

Sources tell us Strowman will be gone four to eight weeks due to the undisclosed injury/surgery, causing creative to re-tool plans for Extreme Rules and Great Balls of Fire.

Braun’s character on TV is supposedly suffering from a torn rotator cuff — even though he’s been wrestling Roman Reigns in street fights on the UK/European tour — and his injury angle was furthered at the TV taping tonight to officially give him time to get fixed up.

Strowman came out in a sling to wrestle Kalisto, but Reigns quickly interrupted. The segment ended with Roman hitting Braun’s arm with a steel chair on the steps.
Quote:
Bring It To The Table returned to the WWE Network last night after RAW. It was the first episode since March, which was believed to have been the catalyst in Mauro Ranallo's WWE departure.

Corey Graves, JBL and Peter Rosenberg made light of the controversy during the opening of last night's show. Rosenberg noted that there has been controversy over his comments about Roman Reigns, while Graves said that there has been controversy over his own comments regarding Shane McMahon. The camera then cut to JBL, who had a humorous guilty expression on his face, who simply introduced himself before saying that he "won $24 last week playing golf."

As noted, Mauro Ranallo and WWE parted ways in late April. While Mauro remains under WWE contract until August 12th, he will be able to commentate for non-wrestling shows until then.
During the same episode JBL said he rather be captured by ISIS than ever hang out with Sami Zayn. Was done as one of those commercial cut-in type segments PTI does on ESPN but those usually have some context while JBL's statement had no context with the show itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE has green-lit a new WWE Network series starring R-Truth, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

WWE secretly filmed a pilot for what would be the Network's first-ever game show with Truth as the host back in March and we are told the series has been picked up for a first season.

The plan is for the series to debut in late summer/early Fall.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:29 AM   #1106
Sepholio
Revel in what you are

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
NO NOT BRAUN >_<
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:30 AM   #1107
SlickyTrickyDamon
Quark is Less Impressed.

SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)SlickyTrickyDamon makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNN

SlickyTrickyDamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 10:07 PM   #1108
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Orton's Undefeated Streak against fridges:

Quote:
Despite the near-record low WWE Raw ratings from the night before and strong competition from network fare and the NBA playoffs, SmackDown's ratings for their taped show on Tuesday, May 9th were up two percent from last week.

However, the 2.348 million viewers marks the eighth lowest number for the show since moving to a live format last July.

The show was taped earlier in the day from the UK and was heavily wrestling-oriented with a main event six-man tag match featuring WWE World Champion Randy Orton, Jinder Mahal, and more.

SmackDown finished 11th for the night in total viewers on cable but third in the 18-49 demo with a 0.74 rating, trailing only NBA playoff action and its post-game show.
Dave Meltzer thinks next couple of weeks could be another low mainly because several big shows are having their season finales during that period.

Quote:
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is on the cover of GQ Magazine this month and GQ's Caity Weaver wrote an excellent profile on him. It has received a lot of attention for Johnson saying that there's a "real possibility" that he'll run for President of the United States one day. Johnson answered some political questions and revealed that both the Trump and Clinton campaigns wanted him to endorse them last year, but he declined because he didn't want to make people unhappy or sway opinions.
Link to the article: http://www.gq.com/story/dwayne-johns...resident-cover

Quote:
Braun Strowman confirmed that he'll soon be undergoing surgery: "I will return to finish what I've started and that's carving my name in history as the most destructive thing #WWE has ever seen. This surgery is just a minor speed bump I will return bigger stronger faster and even more dangerous than ever mark my words I'm the definition of unstoppable!!!"
Quote:
Former Tough Enough winner Sara Lee and NXT wrestler Wesley Blake are now parents after Lee gave birth to their daughter on May 1st.
Link to the announcement: https://www.instagram.com/p/BT60Lmjgc25/

Quote:
PROGRESS Wrestling revealed Tyler Bate, Zack Sabre Jr., and Zack Gibson as the latest entrants for the company's Super Strong Style 16 tournament.
Quote:
Though it took longer than expected, Brianna and Bryan Danielson (Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan) finally welcomed their daughter into the world last night.

WWE.com and E! Online announced the news today. The baby's name is Birdie Joe Danielson (as was previously revealed) and she was born at 11:58 p.m. on Tuesday.

"There is no better feeling in the world than meeting your daughter,” Brianna said. “I can't even express the overwhelming joy and love that Bryan and I are feeling. Now we know what parents mean about the love you feel when you first meet your child. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on the safety of Birdie coming into this world."

Brianna's due date was originally scheduled for April 30th, but they were told that the baby would be arriving about a week late at a doctor's appointment shortly before then.

This is the couple's first child. They announced that Brianna was expecting last October, which came after she stepped away from wrestling earlier in the year to prepare for motherhood. She was featured in a 10-woman tag on the WrestleMania 32 pre-show in her last match.

Bryan has been absent from his role as SmackDown general manager and co-host of Talking Smack over the last few weeks in anticipation of the arrival of the baby.
Quote:
Vince McMahon tweeted the following to congratulate Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella on the birth of their first child, a daughter named Birdie Joe Danielson. As reported earlier via WWE, Birdie Joe arrived on Tuesday night, May 9th at 11:58pm. She was born at 8 pounds, 10 ounces and 21 inches. Vince welcomed Birdie Joe to the WWE family with this tweet:

Congratulations to Brie @BellaTwins & @WWEDanielBryan on their beautiful daughter and newest addition to the @WWE family.
— Vince McMahon (@VinceMcMahon) May 10, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE announced today on their community affairs website that WWE exec and long-time performer Paul "Triple H" Levesque will be inducted into the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (BGCA) Alumni Hall of Fame today in Dallas, Texas. The Hall of Fame honors distinguished people who got their start at their local Boys & Girls Club. Also being honored today are WNBA star Skylar Diggins, MLBPA Executive Director Tony Clark, Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, actor Anthony Anderson, Dr. Dante Lauretta and Dr. Philip Schein. Vince McMahon was inducted into the Hall in 2015.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Impact Wrestling has signed MJ Jenkins to a contract, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Jenkins is the female talent who took a hellaciously long bus ride to Orlando for a tryout a few months back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE will begin taping their announced Women's tournament on Thursday 7/13 and Friday 7/14 at Full Sail University in Winter Park, Florida, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

The tournament, a 32 competitor event, will be taped for a WWE Network series. As PWInsider.com reported earlier this week, the current plan is to not release the episodes as a weekly episodic series but to instead release sets of episodes at once as Video on Demand programming, similar to how WWE has rolled out original series such as Holy Foley! and Camp WWE in the past. This would be the first attempt at releasing first-run in-ring programming with this strategy on the Network,.

The tournament would be similar to the Cruiserweight Classic with a big focus being on different international competitors. A number of talents are already undergoing background checks.

The current plan is to hold the finals of the tournament as a live WWE Network special on Tuesday 8/29.
Some new updates to WWE's upcoming Women's tournament.

Quote:
WWE officially released the WrestleMania 33 DVD and Blu-ray this week. Each set comes with a Seth Rollins Topps trading card while Walmart exclusive sets include the trading card and a John Cena "Fathead" wall decal. You can order the set via Amazon at this link. It's worth noting that the WrestleMania 33 Kickoff pre-show matches did not make the DVD or Blu-ray in the United States. Austin Aries vs. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville, Baron Corbin vs. WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose and the 4th annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal are only included in the UK versions of the set, which will be released on June 5th.

Old 05-11-2017, 02:49 PM   #1109
Big Vic
( ._.)

Why would you give your child the initials "BJ"?
Old 05-11-2017, 02:54 PM   #1110
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

BJ Danielson Mania
Old 05-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #1111
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I'll always find Birdie to be a weird name.

It always just makes me think of Birdie from Street Fighter.
Cool King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 PM   #1112
Cool King
King K Cool

Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Cool King makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Old 05-11-2017, 11:00 PM   #1113
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Psycho Sid forgetting how doors work:

Quote:
The website betonline.ag has established 80-to-1 odds on Dwayne Johnson being our next president. The favorites are Donald Trump at 11-to-4, Mike Pence at 6-1, Elizabeth Warren at 8-1, Michelle Obama at 14-to-1 and Cory Booker and Bernie Sanders at 20-to-1.
Washington Post also recently covered the idea of The Rock running for President: http://https//www.washingtonpost.com...=.911b795db6c0

Quote:
Stephanie McMahon, doing promotional work in the U.K., hinted on a future WrestleMania or SummerSlam in the U.K.
Link to the article: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/wwe/3...-wrestlemania/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Ring of Honor returns to PPV this Friday with "War of the Worlds 2017" from the sold out Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City at 9 PM Eastern, featuring:

*ROH champion Christopher Daniels vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Jay Lethal.

*ROH TV champion Marty Scurll vs. Matt Sydal.

*ROH Tag Team champions The Young Bucks vs. Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI.

*ROH Six Man Tag Team champions Bully Ray & The Briscoes vs. NEVER Openweight champion Hirooki Goto & Roppongi Vice.

*Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Adam Cole.

*IWGP Tag Team champions War Machine vs. EVIL & SANADA vs. Jonathan Gresham & Chris Sabin (with Alex Shelley).

*Will Ospreay vs. Jay White.

*Adam "Hangman" Page vs. Frankie Kazarian.

*KUSHIDA vs. Dalton Castle (with the Boys) vs. Bobby Fish vs. Silas Young.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The updated lineup for WWE NXT Takeover: Chicago:

*WWE NXT champ Bobby Roode vs. Hideo Itami.

*WWE NXT Tag Team champions The Authors of Pain vs. DIY: Ladder Match.

*WWE NXT Women's champion Asuka vs. Ruby Riot vs. Nikki Cross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Sports
"As far as the performance level it's definitely a business for the young and I am on the older side of young but I don't think I'll ever not be involved with the WWE. They will have to tell me that they no longer need my services because it is my home,"
Part of an interview Cena had with Fox News on the topic of when he wants to retire. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...-wrestlemania/

Quote:
It’s uncertain how long Strowman will be out of action at this point, as the original estimates were that he could have made the July PPV. However, he’s been pulled off all shows past that 7/9 date, with Bray Wyatt being moved out of his scheduled matches to Finn Balor, to headline the Raw crew live events going forward against Roman Reigns as far as advertising goes. If Strowman is unable to work the July PPV, Rollins or Balor would be the most likely opponent for Lesnar, because Reigns is slotted to face him at next year’s WrestleMania and it doesn’t appear to make sense to do that match first and then bring it back. If anything, Reigns should be sidetracked from a title match until WrestleMania, although that makes booking tricky since Reigns is positioned as the biggest star on the brand except when Lesnar is around. Strowman at last word was expected back for SummerSlam, so he could face Lesnar there.
Current estimates are 1-2 months for Strowman's recovery.

Quote:
AXS and New Japan closed the deal for how the Long Beach shows will be covered. An announcement will officially be made on 5/18. All indications are the 7/1 show goes live at 8 p.m. Eastern time
Quote:
Katsuyori Shibata had another brain surgery on 5/2. Before he had the second surgery, he wrote: “It is a miracle to be alive. I had my skull removed in my last surgery. I have another surgery on May 2, 2017. I will return. Every day, using pain medications three to four times. I endure the pain. I can hardly see out of my right eye right now. Currently, the hearing ability in my right ear is not normal. The sound is broken and hard.
Quote:
On the NWA sale front, 5/10 was supposed to be the deadline for all the papers to be signed for Bruce Tharpe to officially sell the rights to the NWA and whatever intellectual property that goes with it to Billy Corgan. What we do know is that as of 5/9, there was no word that the papers were signed and those in the NWA haven’t heard anything official
Quote:
Regarding the cancellation of the World of Sport tapings, the public story is logistical problems and the idea the tapings were too close to the dates for the Impact tapings in India (which are 5/30 and 6/1) and they are having trouble getting new dates, but that’s a clear cover reason. The key problem is what was reported here last week regarding ITV and Impact not coming to a business agreement over their partnership. ITV wants to do it, and the feeling was that they had the structure to handle a taping for one show, but not a promotion, which is where TNA came aboard since they have experience in running a wrestling business. It’s certainly not dead that they would be able to reach an agreement and do tapings later. It also may not happen. Whether ITV would do it on their own or work with a U.K. promotion is still up in the air. The problem with the U.K. promotions is that all the talent in the U.K., besides those signed with WWE & Anthem are free agents and work everywhere, and ITV would want a crew under contract so WWE couldn’t pick them off. The Mirror reported that the shows won’t be taped until 2018 which will kill the project because I don’t see any top talent not getting signed somewhere before that. A lot of the talent doesn’t think it’s going to happen now since no new dates were announced and just the way it quietly was announced as not happening. One person key in the plans said the story they were told was they were looking at starting in the next year, which sounds a lot less promising than if they said they’d be taping in the next two months. There were several minor things done to sabotage the project but ultimately I think ITV wanted to try wrestling which used to be cheap programming in the old days, but now it’s expensive and you have to sign the talent to deals or you’ll lose them if they are good to one of many different companies, most notably WWE. There are major issues that aren’t settled. ITV supposedly has a backup plan, but working with What Culture is not something that is being considered right now based on what we’re told. A lot of the talent signed by ITV was unhappy when the word was that Impact would be taking over and wanted out, and even more disappointed when these shows were canceled. Some were told that it may not be until next year when the first tapings take place, which is where the starting back in 2018 story came from. There was actually talk among some of the guys of a Radicalz 2000 jump to WWE, which obviously would have loved to have taken the top tier talent from the project, but many of the key contracts with ITV from the first set of tapings were for one year, so they have a long way to go. There was talk of some of them being at the WWE tryouts, but I’m not sure WWE would let guys try out publicly who have existing contracts and we didn’t hear anything about the contracted guys here trying out. Others involved with the project outright told us that given how everything went down this past week, with the cancellation and not even a clue of a new tapings date, or the nebulous early 2018, that they are going with their own mentality of like it’s not happening, and it’s a big disappointment because much of the talent had high hopes for the project
Its a long read but to summarize, Impact Wrestling is to blame for World of Sport delays and issues ITV is having with its production. Several wrestlers who were interested want out because they don't want to work with Impact Wrestling. ITV is considering an early 2018 date but also likely they will drop the project by then due to rising costs.

Quote:
Dave Bautista was on Jericho’s podcast and said he had gone to WWE and talked to Vince and HHH about working a retirement program with him and that Vince said it was an interesting idea, but they never got back to him. He said now he’s booked solid the next 18 months so it can’t happen any time soon
Quote:
Jericho has said that his original plan was to lose at WrestleMania to Owens and that would be it. He said Vince asked him to stay an extra month, since Jericho wasn’t going back on the road until the first week of May with Fozzy. He said he was originally going to finish on 4/30, but then Vince had the idea of him staying the extra day until 5/1. Then, when the decision was made to move Owens, that 5/1 was moved to 5/2. He said he’d like to say they were geniuses this time with the “list, “it” and “stupid idiot” which got him over, but he noted none of those were planned. It just happened and they decided to run with it. He said originally he was just going to do 2016 in WWE and then go back to the music, but the Owens vs. Jericho program got strong enough so he decided to stay through Mania and blow it off there.
Quote:
Io Shirai hasn’t signed yet and her coming to Orlando in late March to the Performance Center as WWE recruiting didn’t go swimmingly from her standpoint. Shirai is Stardom’s biggest star and Hojo was No. 2. Stardom would be able to survive losing one, but losing both, particularly if Mayu Iwatani also retires, would be devastating.
Quote:
Henry Holmes, who is a well-known Malibu, CA, based attorney specializes in sports and entertainment, was the one who facilitated the release agreement between WWE and Mauro Ranallo. He has represented and negotiated deals for people like George Foreman (he negotiated the famous George Foreman grill deal), Hulk Hogan, Billie Jean King, Lennox Lewis, Shane Mosely, Martina Navratilova, Oscar De La Hoya, Bill Goldberg, Frank Shamrock, Buzz Aldrin, and Larry King
Quote:
Ember Moon will be out of action for at least four to five more weeks. There was an angle done on television where Asuka attacked her on the NXT show and it was written that she suffered a grade one shoulder sprain. That aspect was storyline. People in the company have said the angle was a cover for a legit injury, similar to what happened with Strowman this week on Raw. She’s had her arm in a sling and also out of the sling at the Performance Center of late. That puts her out of action in the Takeover show on 5/20 in Chicago. The match now will be Asuka defending in a three-way against Ruby Riot and Nikki Cross
Quote:
For what it’s worth, WWE sent out a mailer plugging Talking Smack with a new starting time of 10:30 p.m. It had been starting right before 11 p.m. due to 205 Live. WWE officials said that nothing is changing and they just listed 10:30 p.m. because 205 Live has never been scheduled for one hour and so 10:30 p.m. would be the time meaning a time slot prior to the 11 p.m. time slot

• Emma recently hinted on her Instagram account about getting bad news from her medical test related to her recent shoulder injury. https://www.instagram.com/p/BT9ojqKDeQM/
  • Chris Jericho is currently expected to return to the WWE by June 30 as part of WWE's tour of Japan during that week. Currently booked on the card for both June 30 and July 1st shows in Tokyo.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:35 AM   #1114
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Quote:
Jericho has said that his original plan was to lose at WrestleMania to Owens and that would be it. He said Vince asked him to stay an extra month, since Jericho wasn’t going back on the road until the first week of May with Fozzy. He said he was originally going to finish on 4/30, but then Vince had the idea of him staying the extra day until 5/1. Then, when the decision was made to move Owens, that 5/1 was moved to 5/2.
"NO! You have to get your win back! If you just leave after WrestleMania, our US champion will look stronger than someone else on the roster! I don't care if you're an older guy and putting over a younger talent would be good, not only for business, but for a future feud if/when you do come back... EVERY FEUD MUST BE 50/50! EVERYONE MUST BE EQUAL! DON'T YOU SEE!?"
Old 05-12-2017, 06:37 AM   #1115
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Emma will be future endeavored soon, sadly.

And for the first time, a NXT special sounds boring.
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:10 AM   #1116
Cool King
King K Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smelly Meatball View Post
Quote:
Stephanie McMahon, doing promotional work in the U.K., hinted on a future WrestleMania or SummerSlam in the U.K.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #1117
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Impact Gif:

Quote:
New Japan Pro Wrestling will be crowning the first IWGP United States Champion when the company comes to Long Beach, California in July.

The announcement was made in the ring prior to tonight's co-branded ROH/NJPW War of the Worlds pay-per-view at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City. There will be a round robin tournament held over the two nights in Long Beach to determine the first champion.

Jay Lethal was confirmed as the first entrant in the tournament.

The shows in California will take place on July 1st and 2nd. Aside from initial announcements about which NJPW wrestlers will be appearing, this is the biggest news that has been revealed about them so far. The cards should take shape after NJPW's Dominion PPV on June 11th.

Both shows will air live on NJPW World. Jim Ross also posted that AXS TV is set to announce their broadcast plans for the events on May 18th. Ross wrote that fans will like what they hear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Brock Lesnar, who is slated to return to defend his WWE Universal Title after a three month post-WrestleMania beak and the Great Balls Of Fire PPV on July 9, is scheduled to appear at the following RAW TVs:

June 12 - Lafayette, LA
June 26 - Los Angeles, CA
July 3 - Phoenix, AZ (Go home to Great Balls of Fire)
Jul 10 - Houston, TX (Post-Great Balls of Fire)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
According to the schedule listed on the website, the first special of the UK Championship TV Tapings from Norwich last weekend will stream on WWE Network on May 18th from 8 pm to 9:30 pm ET.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Matt Hardy tweeted the following, which is a point that I made as well many times on Elite Audio recently.

If @Billy had got TNA, company/talent would've been great.

Instead, a naive @EdNordholm is now funding GFW into existence at TNA's expense. https://t.co/2ajD3OhmJr
— I AM MORE (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 12, 2017

I have to agree with Matt, and myself, here. Perhaps Anthem has a vision for TNA that I don't comprehend but from the outside it looks like since they bought the company less than six months ago they have:

Let talent that the TNA fans loved go in The Hardys, Drew Galloway, Maria Kanellis and Mike Bennett, Jade and others.
Had their booking team denigrate the TNA brand that they had just purchased from Dixie Carter as if it wasn't worth promoting, or even watching.
Pushed a company in Global Force Wrestling, which has little-to-no national following, no television and frankly hardly any history, above the product that they just bought, which does have all of those things.

Now again, maybe they have a master plan percolating that will explain this behavior down the line but right now? I am with Matt Hardy. It seems like Anthem needs to step up and protect its investment in the Impact brand instead of promoting GFW.
Article PWI had in regards to the feeling Anthem is blundering with putting too much focus towards GFW instead of putting all the focus on rebuilding Impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The 5/11 edition of Impact on Pop brought in 309,000 viewers, up from last week's 260,000 viewers.
Quote:
WWE Shop's latest sale is "Buy one T-Shirt, get one for $1." No code is needed for the discount. There are some exclusions that apply: Pre-order, Schamberger Art Print T-Shirts, Homage Tees, Junk Food Tees, and Clearance Items. The sale runs until May 12 at 9:59pm EST.
Quote:
We noted before that Zack Ryder recently returned to the ring at the Performance Center to begin training for his return to SmackDown action. Ryder has been out of action since December with a knee injury. Ryder noted on Twitter that he was training with WWE NXT Superstar Oney Lorcan this week.
Quote:
It was noted that the backstage segment on this week’s WWE Smackdown Live, which saw Charlotte acting a bit more like a heel towards Naomi and Becky Lynch, may be a tease to once again turn her heel. Meltzer speculated that this may lead to an eventual Naomi versus Charlotte feud with Charlotte taking the heel role even though she’s designated as a babyface right now. It was said that people within the company were opposed the babyface turn in the first place, and Charlotte’s recent actions aren’t unlike her father’s face turns where he still acted a bit heelish.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:16 AM   #1118
drave
In His hands...

drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)drave makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
drave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #1119
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Titus Brand Dance School:

SPOILER: show
Quote:
The rumor mill for NXT TakeOver: Chicago is about to be in full swing … because there’s a singer who claims she’s recording Johnny Gargano‘s new theme — but she didn’t mention his partner.

A singer named Hope Vista tweeted on Monday night saying, “Tomorrow I am recording lead vocals for WWE star @JohnnyGargano‘s theme for when he enters the ring. Shall be interesting.”

Before you go into full panic mode … it’s possible the singer just didn’t think about her wording and the song is simply for #DIY/Tommaso Ciampa as well.

However … the team has seemingly run it’s course. Especially if they’re unable to regain the tag titles on Sunday. So a turn, presumably by Ciampa, would only seem to make sense.

Spoiler tags used since its related to possible plans for this weekend's NXT Takeover Chicago special.

Quote:
Raw last night was up only two percent from last week's seasonal all-time low number, doing 2.75 million viewers.

Last week's show did 2.68 million viewers and was taped, and that would seem to indicate that last week's lower numbers, which included a major third hour drop, were only slightly impacted by not being live ...

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.88 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.72 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.65 million viewers
For some reference, Observer was speculating 2.85 million or better would have been considered good for the WWE based on competition. Jump from taped to live week was pretty bad since it was just 70k more viewers and could have been worse had the Cs-Wizards game lasted longer.

Quote:
Io Shirai, one of the biggest women's wrestling stars in Japan, has accepted WWE's offer to join the company, our Dave Meltzer reports.

Shirai, 27, is considered one of the top wrestlers in the Stardom promotion. She had previously attended a Performance Center tryout back in March, though WWE quickly wiped out all mentions of her in an accompanying article.

This would be a big blow to Stardom, with both of their top acts in Shirai and Kairi Hojo departing the company. Both had previously considered staying in Japan after receiving interest from WWE late last year, but it seems that both have now changed their minds.

Hojo announced her departure from Stardom earlier this month, and is expected to start at the WWE Performance Center shortly. As of right now, there is no start date for Shirai to come in.
WWE pretty much got the big star they wanted for the upcoming Women's Tournament and likely heavy favorite for it. Might still purge Stardom for at least one more big name based on recent rumors and reports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Tye Dillinger vs. Aiden English has been officially added to Sunday's WWE Backlash PPV in Chicago, IL, airing as part of the Kickoff broadcast.

Previously announced for the PPV:

*WWE champion Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal.

*WWE Smackdown Tag Team champions The Usos vs. Breezango.

*Natalya & Carmella & Tamina vs. Charlotte & WWE Smackdown Women's champion Naomi & Becky Lynch.

*WWE United States champion Kevin Owens vs. AJ Styles.

*Dolph Ziggler vs. Shinsuke Nakamura.
Quote:
NBC Universal plans to utilize more picture-in-picture commercials during SmackDown in the future. The show will remain playing without sound in a small box on the screen as audio and video from the commercial also airs. NBCU tried out the idea during two episodes of SmackDown last year and it tested well.
Quote:
NJPW held a press conference last night in advance of the beginning of the Best of the Super Juniors tournament. Business was a topic of conversation, with owner Takaaki Kidani saying that the company wants to "find US stars, develop a dojo, and build a territory." It was also announced that Tomoaki Honma is training in hopes of a return and that there is no timetable on if Katsuyori Shibata will return.
Quote:
Hiroshi Tanahashi was injured last night in Philadelphia. We don't know anything more than the doctor at the building was examining his biceps. The hope and feeling was that it wasn't a full tear, which would be a major injury. A partial tear people work through although it hurts and doesn't get better quickly unless you take a long rest.
Quote:
PROGRESS Wrestling has revealed the full lineup for this year's Super Strong Style 16. The field is: Jack Sexsmith, Pastor William Eaver, Travis Banks, Trent Seven, Jeff Cobb, Jimmy Havoc, Flamita, Zack Gibson, Zack Sabre Jr., Tyler Bate, David Starr, Flash Morgan Webster, Nathan Cruz, Mark Haskins, Mark Andrews, Matt Riddle.
Quote:
So there was a bunch of Twitter stuff going on the past two days. It started when Rip Rogers shared something about too many dives in pro wrestling. Then Bully Ray, who is in ROH, sent a photo of him coming off the top rope. The Young Bucks wrote something about the match described in the Rogers post with a ton of superkicks, dives and this is awesome spots and joked it sounded like a great match. Then Randy Orton, who doesn't like Bully Ray and was in Copenhagen, Denmark on the last night of his tour, wrote a tweet about indy mark, indy guys and old-timers, and bragging about the Smackdown tour doing $5 million in gates over the past 11 shows (I'd think that's a very low estimate and would be closer to $7-8 million) and kind of ran down indy guys. Then Orton apologized.

The reality is that guys looking to make names are always going to do too much for a veteran who has already made their name. And that the style has changed. And that guys in the past who have all kinds of injuries working safer want to warn the young guys for fear of them messing up their bodies. It's really a constant subject behind-the-scenes as far as risks in the ring that is very real. But it's easier to simplify this as bitter veterans or disrespectful young guys rather than address there are two sides to the story. Some guys would like to keep the profession safer, which is a noble goal, and some who aren't gifted with size and look or a promoter who likes them for that reason, want to make themselves stars and have realized through different experiences what works for them and what fans want to see from them.
Quote:
There was a mistake in the translation and the New Japan U.S. title tournament that will take place on 7/1 and 7/2 in Long Beach will be a single elimination tournament, not a round-robin tournament.
Quote:
Scott Hall was hospitalized last night with bad chest pain and was very agitated while in Norwich, England. He was appearing for the Knight Family's WAW promotion. He was discharged at 4 a.m. and flew back home after the word first being that he probably shouldn't be traveling. He had a big entourage with him and the ward at the hospital was shut down to accommodate him.
Quote:
Jim Ross will be joining Nigel McGuinness to call the United Kingdom Championship match at NXT TakeOver: Chicago on Saturday.

Ross announced the news on Twitter today. The match will feature Tyler Bate defending his title against Pete Dunne, which was set up at WWE's tapings in Norwich, England earlier this month.

Those tapings will begin airing on Friday as WWE debuts its first United Kingdom special. Ross and McGuinness were previously announced as the commentary team for that show.
Quote:
Sources close to the situation have confirmed that Billy Corgan signed a purchase agreement with Bruce Tharpe to purchase the NWA name and its intellectual property. A change in the original deal is that Corgan will now own the NWA on Demand website that has the Paul Boesch Houston tape library on it. The original deal did not include the NWA on Demand site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Matt Hardy responded to a fan on Twitter asking Impact execs to come to terms with the Hardys over the "Broken" material today, writing:

They have a chance to. Hope they do the right thing. I adore most people there.. Hope a couple of bad apples don't spoil the bunch for them. https://t.co/kTr3smTxix
— #TheTruthTeller MMH (@MATTHARDYBRAND) May 16, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
No update on World of Sport and the impression from sources on the British side is that it may be some time before there is an update.
Quote:
WWE reported on Monday that Braun Strowman is expected to be out of action for up to six months after undergoing successful elbow surgery ...

Dave Meltzer revealed on Wrestling Observer Radio that the six month number is a work, and Strowman is actually expected to wrestle at SummerSlam. Strowman will likely face WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar at the event and return in mid-July to start the build for the match.

Meltzer speculated that WWE will swap Brock Lesnar's original opponent for SummerSlam - which was most likely Seth Rollins or Finn Balor - for the main event of the Great Balls Of Fire pay-per-view in July. As seen on RAW last night, WWE announced that Rollins, Balor, Samoa Joe, Bray Wyatt and Roman Reigns will square off in a Fatal 5-Way at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view on June 4th, with the winner becoming the new #1 contender.
Quote:
A new generation of CZW is kicking off … and Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Sami Callihan recently took over their creative team to help lead them into the future.

Sources tell us Callihan and his team will be handling creative/promotional decisions from now on, while CZW Prez DJ Hyde will focus on managing all the back-end business aspects of the company.

The company has long been known for promoting death matches, something that was covered last year in a popular Vice documentary, and stuff like Tournament of Death/Cage of Death will still be happening — but we’re told they’ll no longer be featured as the forefront of the company.

• Netflix recently released a new trailer for their GLOW wrestling tv series. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqDO6cTYVY
  • Busted Open Radio had a recent interview with Adam Cole discussing his future now that he's a free agent. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdHJYjOnbkg
  • Busted Open Radio also had a recent interview with Bully Ray discussing Orton's recent tweets and past issues he and Orton had in the WWE. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...g-shot-at-him/
  • Debut of WWE's UK show got delayed from this Thursday to this Friday with NXT Takeover Chicago as the reason since the debut episode has matches tied to the event. Also new debut time of 3PM EST with a replay at 8PM EST.
  • WWE was revealed to be releasing a Kurt Angle DVD/Blu-Ray set this August.
  • Recent episode of the Steve Austin Show had Shane McMahon as the guest and topics including his current run in the WWE, criticisms with WWE's current product, and if the backstage is afraid of speaking out or giving ideas to help their careers. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...n-on-triple-h/
Old 05-17-2017, 10:19 PM   #1120
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Dirtsheets sponsored by Random Wrestling Gif:

Quote:
Last night's episode of SmackDown on the USA Network was down to 2.175 million viewers. That's the third lowest total since the brand split and move to a live format.

The only two shows that it beat were last year's November 8th episode, which was against presidential election coverage, and the October 25th episode, which was against the final presidential debate.

Tuesday's big competition on cable was the Golden State Warriors vs. San Antonio Spurs NBA playoff game and NBA draft lottery. Those broadcasts did 5.775 million and 3.224 million viewers respectively and both aired against SmackDown.

SmackDown was down 173,000 viewers from last week (a drop of seven percent), which corresponds with this week's NBA game being up over a million viewers from last week.

The show was 10th for the night on cable in terms of total viewers. In the important 18-49 demo, it was fourth, trailing the NBA game, draft lottery, and SportsCenter, which directly followed the game.
Quote:
WWE announced an advertising partnership with the Rocket League video game. Rocket League will be sponsoring Backlash, Great Balls of Fire, and SummerSlam.
Quote:
At last night's Best of the Super Juniors show, Dragon Lee, Marty Scurll, Ricochet, and Taka Michinoku kicked off the tournament with wins in Block A. The winners from Block B were Ryusuke Taguchi, El Desperado, ACH, and Volador Jr.

There will be a Block A show at Korakuen Hall tonight/tomorrow morning with the NJPW rematch of Will Ospreay vs. Ricochet in the same building where their match in last year's tournament took place. It will air on NJPW World at 5:30 a.m. ET. The tournament matches are:

Ospreay vs. Ricochet
Hiromu Takahashi vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
Scurll vs. Dragon Lee
Taka Michinoku vs. Taichi
Quote:
NJPW announced that they'll be holding a "major press conference" tomorrow about the July shows in Long Beach. It will be streamed on Facebook at 7 p.m. ET. Tomorrow is the day that AXS TV is supposed to announce their broadcast plans for the shows, so the press conference could be related to that.
Quote:
Al Snow attempted to clarify a story about him being arrested for "failure to appear" on Monday night. Snow wrote that he had a ticket from two years ago that he had taken care of, but due to a typo there was a bench warrant issued for him that he was unaware of. Snow said that he paid a $234 fine and was released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
This past Sunday, Adam Cole wrestled what may have been his final Ring of Honor appearance. Following the match, Cole, addressed the crowd in Philadelphia.

@AdamColePro @ringofhonor farewell! #ThankYouAdam #AdamColeBayBay #TooSweet #BulletClub #ROH #ROHWOTW #WatchROH #ROHTV #ROHPhilly (part 1) pic.twitter.com/UdI87gGb1J
— Michael Hottle (@mychael616) May 15, 2017

@AdamColePro @ringofhonor farewell! #ThankYouAdam #AdamColeBayBay #TooSweet #BulletClub #ROH #ROHWOTW #WatchROH #ROHTV #ROHPhilly (part 2) pic.twitter.com/hmJso7PKyj
— Michael Hottle (@mychael616) May 15, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
On the tenth episode of Dinner With The King, Jerry “The King” Lawler and Glenn Moore talk about the tweets from Rip Rogers and Randy Orton over the weekend.

Lawler on today’s indie wrestling: "I think that the problem Rip [Rogers] and Randy [Orton] have is what the young guys think they need to do to get noticed. It’s what the young guys do in these matches that bothers guys who have been in the business for a while. The young guys, like they said, they have a tendency to go out there and try to squeeze in every single move that they know. Every dive. Every flip. Every flop. Everything they can put in one 15-minute match. So in order to do that, if you are going to put all those moves in, you’re not going to have time to sell anything. It’s just going to be one move after another until the match is over. That is not the way wrestling became what it is today. Not what I think veterans look at and not what the business is supposed to be. It’s not that really entertaining for fans. I think that’s Rip’s and Randy’s point they are trying to make there.”

The King also gives insight on when he will hang it up and retire from wrestling: "When the non-wrestling appearances become more and more than the wrestling appearances. But I do not have a set end date when it comes to retiring from wrestling.”
Link to the podcast episode and more highlights: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...g-independent/

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Judge Vanessa L. Bryant, who is presiding over the lawsuits brought against WWE in the United States District Court of Connecticut, ordered on 5/9 that the attorneys involved meet with their clients to discuss possible settlement offers that they would be happy with. Bryant also ordered that attorneys from each side inform the court within 21 days of dates in June, July and August where all sides will be available to "commit to a full and final settlement of these matters are available to devote an entire day to settlement discussions with Judge Thomas Smith."

Meanwhile, WWE filed paperwork on 5/12 following up on their request for a Summary Judgment that would end the case against them by former WWE star Vito LoGrasso and former developmental star Evan Singleton. The court had previously thrown out all claims against WWE in their lawsuit, with the exception of the allegation that WWE was fraudulent with passing on their knowledge of potential head injuries that could happen from performing as a professional wrestler for the company. The court has allowed that allegation to stand, feeling that it was within the realm of possibility.
More details from PWInsider: http://www.pwinsider.com/article/109...sions.html?p=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Hall of Famer Ricky Morton will be working as a guest trainer next week at the WWE Performance Center.
Quote:
Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Eva Marie will NOT be returning to Total Divas for season seven — and producers have been interviewing her potential replacements.

Multiple sources have confirmed that production is hard at work interviewing the female roster to determine the new cast member before filming begins next month.

We’re told Charlotte and a handful of others are among the women they’ve spoken with.

It’s unclear if Paige will continue to appear on the show, but our sources say original cast members Nikki Bella, Brie Bella, Natalya and Naomi are a lock.

Eva was last seen on the show’s finale dealing with her Wellness violation suspension.
Quote:
As noted, it was recently revealed that Charly Caruso and former WWE announcer Sean Mooney will be hosting a three-disc "WWE Unreleased: 1986-1995" DVD on September 4th in the UK and September 5th in the United States. WrestlingDVDNetwork.com reports that there are plans to include a rare Owen Hart match from 1986 and a rare Taz match from 1993, which may be a WWE tryout match. Speculation is that the Owen match is against The Brooklyn Brawler from a July 1986 All Star Wrestling taping in Ontario, while the Taz match is against Scott Taylor at a May 1993 Wrestling Challenge taping in Portland, Maine. WDN also released this new synopsis for the set:

WWE unlocks the vault and brings you never-before-seen matches from 1986-1995. Check out these unreleased hidden gems featuring some of the greatest Superstars in WWE history.

— WWE has gone deep into its vault and uncovered exclusive content that you can only find right here on this set,

— Features Superstars such as Randy Savage, Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Mr. Perfect and more,

— Never-before-seen matches from the years 1986 through 1995!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WresteInc
WWE has plans to release a "1997: Dawn of the Attitude" DVD this coming October, according to WrestlingDVDNetwork.com. The set will look at the beginning of The Attitude Era with Steve Austin, DX, The Hart Foundation, Kane, the Montreal Screwjob and more.
Quote:
“Bray began with my real-life lunacy,” says Rotunda. “I’ve always been an against-all-authority kind of child. I was a big fan of Rage Against the Machine, they were a big influence on my life as a child, so when I started working with Dusty Rhodes, I began losing my mind on a very real level. I became obsessed with this character.”

When Husky Harris failed on the main roster, he went all in with the Wyatt persona. “I was going to jury duty in my hometown, and Dusty made me go to jury duty as Bray,” Bill Rotunda says. “Dusty told me, ‘This is the perfect exercise. Become Bray.’ I literally went to jury duty as Bray Wyatt. I was so immersed in the character that I didn’t break once. Obviously, I didn’t get picked for jury duty, but I had the white pants, Hawaiian shirt, the whole nine yards. There were no fragments of Husky Harris. Husky Harris was dead, and he was to stay dead. I was Bray Wyatt. We were one.”
Wacky Bray story courtesy of Hasney at NeoGAF's wrestling board and slik from TPWW frontpage.