TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > o f f t o p i c > video games forum

Old 03-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #2441
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Interested in seeing how the GFW game comes out.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:46 PM   #2442
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
WWF NXT - Week 2: April 10, 2002

WWF makes the most out of its rights to “Superstar” by Saliva, as the WrestleMania X8 theme is used as a fitting song for the brand new opening video for NXT. After the video finishes and the pyro goes off, the droning intro to “One of a Kind” hits as the crowd gets on their feet. Tag team action to start us off with straight away on NXT!

Segment 1: Rob Van Dam and Shelton Benjamin vs. Diamond Dallas Page and Mike Sanders

After Page worked the first couple of minutes of the match, Sanders tagged himself in. Although he held his own for a while, he simply refused to tag out, even feigning a tag to his mentor a few times only to pull back, leaving Page struggling to maintain his optimistic demeanor. Perhaps he should have reconsidered his options, as he eventually fell victim to an impressive T-Bone Suplex by Benjamin and then a Five Star Frog Splash from Benjamin’s pro for good measure. The Intercontinental Champion and his rookie get the win. Sanders said last week that he didn’t feel he deserved to be stuck on NXT, but tonight he might be eating those words.

Crowd Reaction: 66%, Match Quality: 80%, Overall Rating: 73%

Segment 2: Ron Waterman video

Last week a couple of the rookies were profile through prerecorded video, and tonight Ron Waterman gets the same treatment. Along with footage of him wrestling in development, he plays up his mixed martial art background and brings up the fact that he’s knocked out several opponents in less than 30 seconds. He’s dominated in the octagon and looks forward to doing the same in the squared circle.

Overall Rating: 70%, Ron Waterman gained overness

Segment 3: Scott Hall and his rookie make their way to the ring

The crowd boos the sound of the nWo theme. Scott Hall does his trademark walk out to the ring and throws his toothpick into the camera. Coming up behind him is Charlie Haas walking slowly, but he’s wearing an nWo tank top with leathery-looking pants and a blonde wig. He uses the bottom rope to step over the top rope and raises his fist in the Wolfpack sign.

Scott Hall grabs the mic and says “hey yo”. He seems to be ready to survey the crowd but before he can, Haas grabs the mic away to proclaim that “Big Sexy” Kevin Haas is in the house, drawing a big pop from the crowd as the announcers laugh. Hall shoves Haas and starts giving him a talking to as we go to commercial.

Overall Rating: 69%, Kevin Haas gained overness, Scott Hall lost overness

Segment 4: “Big Sexy” Kevin Haas w/ Scott Hall vs. Leviathan w/ Raven

Haas is still posing to the fans when we come back from break, but Raven’s theme hits as Leviathan charges out, not looking amused at what he sees. Although Haas is able to get a few punches in, the monstrous Leviathan pretty much beats the ever-loving piss out of poor Charlie, err I mean Kevin. A huge spinebuster ends the proceedings and Leviathan gets his first win in decisive fashion. Raven cackles and raises his mentee’s hand with glee. Scott Hall just shrugs it off and heads to the back, not really seeming to care that his rookie just got decimated.

Crowd Reaction: 54%, Match Quality: 75%, Overall Rating: 64%

Segment 5: Chris Nowinski video

We cut to another video profile, this time for Chris Nowinski. Adorned in his Harvard letterman’s jacket, Nowinski reminds us of his past history on Tough Enough and how he made the finals and should have won. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over again and expect different results. Last season he had to fit in with his competitors. This time? It’s going to be all about him, and he’ll be left with a WWF contract when all is said and done.

Overall Rating: 68%, Chris Nowinski gained overness

Segment 6: Randy Orton backstage interview

Right after Nowinski’s video, we cut to a video clip of his match last week, showing the ending with Mr. Perfect stealing the tag and pinning Nowinski via Perfect Plex. Jonathan Coachman asks Orton for his thoughts on his pro coming in at the last minute and stealing his thunder. Before Orton can speak, Perfect grabs the mic away and says he was setting a perfect example for his rookie. Nobody else can ever be perfect, but if Orton keeps paying attention maybe he’ll someday be as good as him. Perfect walks off confidently as Orton is left shaking his head.

Overall Rating: 68%, Randy Orton gained overness

Segment 7: Kurt Angle w/ Eric Angle vs. John Cena w/ Edge

Kurt got the crowd riled up as only he can, but his talking was cut short by “Never Gonna Stop” by Rob Zombie as Edge led his rookie down to the ring. After a few more demeaning words, Cena slapped Angle in the face and the match was on. This was a stellar match, with Cena looking like anything but a rookie. He displayed great power and poise, nearly pulling off a major upset a few times.

Just when Kurt was reeling in the corner, he motioned for his brother Eric to execute “plan B”. Eric reluctantly ran over to Edge outside the ring and punched him in the back of the head, prompting a brawl on the floor between the two of them. As Cena and the referee paid attention to what was happening on the outside, Kurt connected with a swift kick to the balls which made Cena easy picking for the Angle Slam and the victory.

Kurt hightailed it after the match, looking all too proud for a man who just needed to cheat to defeat a guy in his first ever WWF match. Although Cena may have made a rookie mistake in taking his eye off the ball, he looked impressive in defeat and like somebody who should have a bright future ahead of him.

Crowd Reaction: 72%, Match Quality: 82%, Overall Rating: 77%

67% Overall Rating for NXT
1.18 Rating

Although Leviathan/Haas was evidently the best squash match ever, the fans not caring dragged the rating down enough to make this worse than the first week. I suspect that’ll happen quite a bit in rookie vs. rookie matches until the rookies get more over. I also wasn’t sure how to book the Hall/Haas thing so I just picked a manager angle where a manager reveals his new client (I have all of the pros set as managers). Guess it dragged Hall down to have him representing someone so unover. Haas will get over dammit! Hall is still at 85 anyway so whatever. Overall I’m happy with how the show came out again.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:05 PM   #2443
loopydate
FIT Challenge Slag People

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I like the Hall/Haas dynamic. I have a feeling I know where you're going with it, and it's going to be fantastic.
loopydate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #2444
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Thanks! Yeah, Haas is easily going to be the most fun character to write for I think. I have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do with several of the guys, others are just sort of in a "wait and see" approach.

I don't even have a clue on who is winning really. It'll all depend on where overness stands and how the characters develop.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:08 PM   #2445
loopydate

loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)loopydate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
That's where I'm at with a lot of my stories. I know how the WCW Title picture plays out at least through Halloween Havoc and know what the main event and stipulation for Starrcade is, but haven't decided if it's going to involve the title or be a special attraction type thing. Going to depend on what does and doesn't get over.

WWF, I know some of the stories I'm building out of the Road to Redemption, and some side stories leading up to about Survivor Series, but no idea what's happening from there. Rumble winner? Mania main event? No clue.

ECW is almost entirely up in the air. I want a "big show" feel for November to Remember, but what that means specifically is a mystery to me at this point.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:22 AM   #2446
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I always try to figure out where I'm going at the next huge show as soon as one is over. Whenever I'd book WWE, I'd finish WrestleMania and have an idea of what my main event for SummerSlam and next year's WrestleMania is gonna be. Obviously it changes at times but starting the very next night on Raw, I'm slowly starting the build toward those ideas.
#1-norm-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:53 AM   #2447
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)#1-norm-fan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sunday, March 1st, 2015

Global Force Wrestling announces its first original event. Set to take place live on Pay-Per-View on Sunday May 3rd, "Global Uprising" will emanate live from the historic Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City! More news coming in the next couple months.

Saturday, March 7th, 2015
Confirmed for the Global Uprising event: Jim Ross and Matt Striker have both signed on to call the action. Jeff Jarrett has also confirmed on GFW's website that New Japan's Bullet Club will be appearing at the event as well as stars from many other organizations from around the world and a roster of GFW-exclusive superstars that is growing by the moment. The first round of hires will be announced shortly.

Sunday, March 15th, 2015
GFW can now confirm several names who have signed on to be part of the inaugural GFW roster...

SPOILER: show
Marshall and Ross Von Erich

Bringing the tradition of arguably the most famous family in wrestling history to Global Force, Ross and Marshall will be setting out to leave their own mark on the wrestling world.

Jaden Jeter

A former WWE Tag Team champion, Jeter retired from wrestling in 2007 before making a surprise return on the independent scene in August of 2014. Now he's back to be part of the Global Force and become the star he seemed destined to be almost a decade ago.

Kenny Dykstra

Another former WWE Tag Team champion along with Jeter comes to GFW with a chip on his shoulder. Kenny Dykstra is ready to test himself against the best wrestlers in the world and reach the heights he seemed so destined for years ago.

John Walters

Unknown to many mainstream wrestling fans, John Walters AKA RJ Brewer is a former ROH Pure champion. He's got the look and the ability to be a star. He may however be best known for his controversial views on immigration in the US which have led to him being featured on ABC, Fox News and CNN among other news outlets and has also made him the most hated man in Lucha Libre USA from his debut in 2010. How he will be accepted by the Global Force fans and roster will be intriguing to say the least.

Xavier

Former World Champion in Ring of Honor where he faced the likes of Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Samoa Joe and more, Xavier is a great all around wrestler who will not hesitate to mix it up with all comers regardless of style on his way to becoming one of the prime players in Global Force.

More names to be announced shortly...

Wednesday, March 18th, 2015

Many more names have been added to the ROH roster including rumblings of a few big surprises.

Los Luchas (Phoenix Star and Zokre)

Joining the ranks of Global Force, it's former NWA World Tag Team champions Los Luchas who are set to bring a high flying flair to what is sure to be the most eclectic tag team division pro wrestling has ever seen.

Andy Ridge

The 6'3" lightweight Andy Ridge is a graduate of ROH wrestling academy under the tutelage of Delirious and has been nicknamed "Right Leg" due to the explosive kicks that have become a trademark of his offense.

Dakota Darsow

Darsow is a second generation wrestler looking to make a name for himself much like his father Barry did for many years in WWE and WCW throughout the 80's and 90's.

The Thomaselli Brothers (Sal, Pauly and Vito)

The Italian brothers become the first stable to join the ranks of the official GFW roster ready to set their sights on the tag or singles divisions at will.

JD Michaels

Also known as JD Maverick, he takes his name from the legendary Shawn Michaels. And the similarities don't stop there as he carries himself like a rockstar sex symbol in much the same way as a young HBK did. JD now comes to Global Force with plans of using his skills and looks to make himself a legend.

Jesse White

Yet another second generation star is on his way to Global Force as Jesse White, son of the great Big Van Vader signs on to be part of the revolution. The 6'2" 265 lb White will look to carve out his own path to immortality as he continues the family tradition.

Last edited by #1-norm-fan; 03-02-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:56 AM   #2448
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

I thought if I was gonna start fresh with GFW, I'd have the disadvantage of not being able to paint as good of a picture with shows as I would if I were doing WWE or TNA where everyone knows exactly how guys would come off in certain situations. So I figured the picture/short blurb strategy would be a good way to fix that problem.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #2449
loopydate

Interested to see who else you bring in, but I like the lineup so far. As TPWW's resident Spirit Squad mark (a fact I caught no end of grief for), the prospect of Jeter and Dykstra on the same show is exciting. Been watching some old ROH shows, too, so Walters and Xavier are intriguing additions to me. I'm very surprised WWE never did any thing with White while they had him under contract.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #2450
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Yeah I have to echo Loopy's sentiments on Jeter and Dykstra. Really surprised Jeter never received a proper call up to the main roster when he was with WWE, he seemed to be good. Dykstra was also a wasted talent. Hard to believe he's still only 28 in real life.

I like that you've stuck to a lot of guys who are relative unknowns or aren't "major" names even by indy standards. Gives you a great chance to create brand new characters and identities even if you aren't all that familiar with their real life work. I tend to get myself wrapped up too much in the guys I do know and my roster would wind up looking like a who's who of Art of Wrestling podcast guests.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:22 PM   #2451
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid falling into the TNA "roster full of WWE midcarders as my main stars" trap. There will be some of those guys on there too though because... well, I just happen to really like them.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:11 AM   #2452
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Tuesday, March 24th, 2015
The Global Uprising card is starting to take shape. As part of GFW's talent exchange and American PPV agreements with two of the top wrestling organizations in the world, it has been confirmed that the Global Uprising PPV will feature TWO major World Heavyweight championship matches as NJPW's AJ Styles and AAA's Alberto El Patron will be defending their respective titles on the show. The challengers for the titles will be announced in the coming days.

Also just announced, a tag team match pitting the next generation of the two greatest wrestling families of all time as Von Erich brothers Ross and Marshall will team up to face the Hart Family's own Torrin and Bruce Jr.

Sunday, March 29th, 2015
In a video posted on GFW's website, Jeff Jarrett confronted his Bullet Club stable mate to inform him that his opponent at Global Uprising will be a man whom he has become familiar with over the past year. After falling to him in a G1 Climax match, Styles was able to even things up at Wrestle Kingdom. And now the rubber match will be for the IWGP World Heavyweight Title as AJ Styles defends against Tetsuya Naito.

Styles then informed Jarrett of the golden, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that Bullet Club has to bring in even more gold when Alberto El Patron brings the AAA World Heavyweight Title into GFW on this one special night. This prompts Jeff Jarrett to announce his intention to challenge for Mexico's most prestigious title and officially conquer the wrestling world with Bullet Club.

In other news, several new signees have been announced to be part of the official GFW roster...

Archadia

Archadia brings his high-flying style to Global Force. The 31 year old is a veteran on the tri-state independent scene where he has held the New Jersey State Title in JAPW for over a year.

Ashley Miller

The first name announced for the Global Force women's division, known to many as Audrey Marie from her time in NXT and before that in FCW where she was once its Divas champion.

The SAT

Joel and Jose Maximo add to an already stacked tag team division. Having been part of the early years of both ROH and TNA, they now come to Global Force... hopefully with much better results.

Nick McNeil

The Ultra-charismatic "South Beach Party Boy" formerly known as "Showtime" Percy Watson is coming to GFW. One of the shining stars of the competition era of WWE's NXT, the 6'3" 245lb former football player is known for his high energy on the mic and his athleticism in the ring.

Ryan Nemeth

The younger brother of WWE's Dolph Ziggler, whose arrogance he definitely shares, is sure to rub many GFW fans and wrestlers the wrong way. Before signing with WWE, he authored a book titled "I Can Make Out With Any Girl Here".

Sunday, April 5th, 2015
Alberto El Patron posted a video response to Jarrett and his challenge to face him for the title, accepting the challenge but warning him that if Bullet Club involves themselves in the match, they will be "cancelled out".

A 5 on 5 match has also been announced for the show as 5 members of Bullet Club will take on 5 members of the GFW roster to be named later. Also, one of the top female wrestlers Japan has to offer in Ayako Hamada will face newly signed Ashley Miller in the company's first women's match. Global Revolution will be live on PPV from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City in just 4 weeks. Here's a look at the current card...

AAA World Heavyweight Title Match:
Jeff Jarrett vs Alberto El Patron (c)

IWGP World Heavyweight Title Match:
Tetsuya Naito vs AJ Styles (c)

10 Man Tag Team Match
Bullet Club vs Team GFW

The Von Erichs vs The Harts

Ashley Miller vs Ayako Hamada
Old 03-05-2015, 01:01 AM   #2453
loopydate

WWF SmackDown! 9/11/2003

After a moving tribute to the lives lost two years ago in New York, DC, and Pennsylvania, SmackDown opens with John Cena heading to the ring. He talks some more trash about Shawn Michaels. He mostly talks about the fact that people like Shawn Michaels are the reason that people like him aren't in the main event. Michaels cost him a World Title shot at Unforgiven, true, but he and his fellow veterans are the ones making it difficult for people like Cena, the real New Generation, to take over. That's all gonna change when--

"Yooooooooooou looooook soooooo good to me!" Rico Constantino comes out to face Cena in our opener. The Doctor of Thuganomics is less than pleased at the interruption and quickly puts him away with an FU.

Shawn Michaels appears on the ramp and talks some smack as Cena walks past him to the back. Michaels has a match next, but Cena's right. He's the reason that Cena isn't on top. Because as long as there's a Shawn Michaels around, there's only room for one Main Event, and you're lookin' at him.

Michaels' opponent is his former protege, Paul London. They put on a solid match, but London makes the mistake of attempting his London Calling shooting star press before making sure Michaels was truly out. HBK rolls out of the way and blasts him with Sweet Chin Music for the win. After the match, London goes to shake his mentor's hand, but Michaels walks away. Does HBK's disdain for the future of this business know no bounds?

Edge & Christian are backstage, doing typical E&C stuff. So, you know, hilarity. They issue a challenge to the World's Greatest Tag Team. When they take the Tag Team Titles at Unforgiven, the championships will once again reek of awesomeness!

Eddie Guerrero and Triple H are headed for a collision at Unforgiven, but they're going to have to put their troubles aside for one night as they take on Too Cool. The heels are working pretty well together. Triple H prepares to hit Scotty 2 Hotty with the Pedigree when Eddie blind-tags himself into the match HARD. He goes for the cover, only to be pulled off and Pedigreed himself. The Game walks away, leaving Latino Heat to be covered by Scotty for the win. After the match, Raven again appears from seemingly nowhere to take Scotty out.

Raven grabs a microphone and tells Scotty that he's going to go through everyone Scotty cares about going up to Unforgiven, where he'll finally put this dancing charade to rest. What's happening here, and he gestures to 2 Cool, is not wrestling. This is a sideshow that has to end, and he's just the man to do it.

The Rock is out next for the next stop on his Road To Redemption as he faces off against Dirty Dozen member Maven. The plucky babyface-turned-slightly-awkward-while-trying-to-pull-off-"bad-ass"-biker falls victim to The Most Entertaining Move In Sports Entertainment and The Rock picks up yet another victory. After the match, though, Maven's leader Undertaker hits the ring and takes Rock out with The Last Ride.

He grabs a microphone and tells him that while The Rock may be on a Road To Redemption, but that road runs right through his damn yard. And in case Rock hadn't noticed, this yard is protected. At Unforgiven, the Road To Redemption becomes the Highway To Hell!

Our main event tonight is a six-man tag match pitting three members of Team BRECK-J: Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and Rhyno against three members of the Dirty Dozen: the New Age Outlaws, and the Intercontinental Champion X-Pac. As is to be expected of a WWF six-man tag match, it degenerates down the stretch as Jericho hits a Lionsault on Road Dogg, only to take a Fameasser from Billy Gunn, whose pinfall is broken up by a Benoit diving headbutt, only to take an X-Factor from X-Pac, who eats a Gore GORE GOOOOOOOOOOOORE from the Manbest, who covers the IC Champion for the victory.

Back from our last commercial, and the table is set for the contract signing for the Unforgiven main event. Kurt Angle is the first to the ring. He takes his seat and signs. The World Champion Brock Lesnar is out next. The contract ceremony goes off without a hitch. Heh, just kidding. They argue, then they brawl, then Lesnar puts Angle through the table with an F-5. The champ stands tall as SmackDown goes off the air.

Quick Results (Final Rating 5.40)
  1. Cena cuts promo on Michaels
  2. John Cena over Rico Constantino
  3. Michaels cuts promo on Cena
  4. Shawn Michaels over Paul London
  5. Edge & Christian challenge WGTT for Unforgiven
  6. 2 Cool over Eddie Guerrero and Triple H due to miscommunication. Raven attacks Scotty 2 Hotty after
  7. Raven promo on Scotty, I'm going to destroy everybody you care about, then you!
  8. ROAD TO REDEMPTION - The Rock over Maven, then gets blindsided by Undertaker
  9. Undertaker challenges Rock, your road ends at Unforgiven
  10. Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, and Rhyno over New Age Outlaws and X-Pac
  11. Contract signing - Brock Lesnar attacks Kurt Angle
Unforgiven 2003 Card so far (9/28)
  • WWF World Heavyweight Title: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Kurt Angle
  • WWF World Tag Team Titles: World's Greatest Tag Team (c) vs. Edge & Christian
  • Road To Redemption: The Rock vs. Undertaker
  • Eddie Guerrero vs. Triple H
  • Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Raven
Old 03-07-2015, 06:46 AM   #2454
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

GFW Global Uprising (May 3rd, 2015)

Dark Match:
Ken Doane enters the ring to face White Tiger and makes the referee wait to ring the bell while he prepares for the match by doing a set of pushups, jumping jacks and situps. Once he's ready to start, White Tiger mocks him by stopping the ref from ringing the bell so he can prepare with some comical karate poses before the match finally starts. Ken Doane defeated White Tiger in 5:15 by pinfall with a Sky High Leg Drop. (Rating: E+)

PPV:
The show starts with a video highlighting the year plus build to the birth of Global Force Wrestling. It features Jeff Jarrett and all of the new stars of Global Force.

We get live shots of the crowd at the Hammerstein Ballroom while Jim Ross and Matt Striker welcome us and the live crowd to Global Uprising and they are pumped and ready for action. They don't have to wait long as music starts and the beautiful Jayme Jameson is in the ring ready to announce the first match and out come Torrin and Bruce Hart Jr. followed by the Von Erich Legacy.

In a competetive but extremely poor match, The Von Erich Legacy defeated The Hartbreakers in 14:24 when Marshall Von Erich defeated Bruce Hart, Jr by pinfall with the Von Erich claw. After the match, both teams shake hands and pose for the crowd. (Rating: E)

We go backstage where Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles, Doc Gallows, Ken Anderson, Tama Tonga, Bad Luck Fale and Cody Hall cut a promo about their respective matches tonight. It ends with AJ saying that after tonight Bullet Club is going to quite literally run the world of wrestling.

Back in the arena, party music starts and out from the crowd and dancing the entire way to the ring comes the south beach party boy, Nick McNeil. He gets on the mic and pumps up the crowd for a bit before he's interrupted by flickering lights and gothic sounding music as we look down the aisle and see the unannounced Shannon Moore making his way to the ring for the next match!

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Nick McNeil defeated Shannon Moore in 6:37 by pinfall with a South Beach Splash. (Rating: E)

McNeil leaves through the crowd, getting some "Oh yeahs!" thrown back at him. Moore starts to stir in the ring when suddenly the lights go out. There's silence for a few seconds and then we hear a voice whisper "The carnival is coming to town." When the lights come back on, Shannon Moore is propped up sitting against the turnbuckle unconscious with a clown nose on his face.

An uneasy and confused Matt Striker and Jim Ross send us to a hype video for the upcoming IWGP World Heavyweight Title matchup. It's the rubber match between AJ Styles and Tetsuya Naito.

In a competitive bout that had a good crowd and good action, AJ Styles defeated Tetsuya Naito in 15:47 by pinfall with a Styles Clash to retain his IWGP World Heavyweight Title. The match lifted the crowd. (Rating: C-)

Bullet Club comes out to celebrate with AJ Styles and streamers flow over him while he poses with the title. After the celebration, Jim Ross and Matt Striker are preparing to send us to the next segment when Dakota Darsow walks us behind them in the crowd with a camera around his neck taking their pictures and calling obnoxiously for them to look at him. Jim Ross asks what he's doing and he replies "I'm a paparazzi!" They look at him confused before he continues. "It's a gimmick. That's what I was missing, right? That's what dad always told me! That's why I was left off of the first show. Well, look! The dancing monkey is performing! Book me!" He continues rambling until security backs him away from the camera and commentators and we move to the next match.

The commentators explain that the winner of the upcoming 4 corners high-flyer showcase will be the first man to receive a spot in the upcoming tournament to crown the first Global Force Champion.

"Right Leg" Andy Ridge enters first followed by Charles Mercury, German indy star Pierre Le Prestee and Archadia wearing a mask that makes him look like a comic book hero. Andy Ridge is the first man eliminated when he's pinned by Le Prestee. Prestee then turns around into a superkick by Mercury for the next elimination. Finally, Mercury gets caught with a hurricanrana mid-powerbomb to get pinned by Archadia in 17:55. (Rating: E-)

Los Luchas and The SAT are backstage talking when Jaden Jeter comes up to them. He firmly tells the four of them that when they represent GFW against Bullet Club tonight, it's the beginning of his journey to redemption and he will not let any of them screw it up for him.

The first lady of GFW Audrey Miller is backstage and talks about the beginning of her journey when she faces one of the greatest female wrestlers in the world in Hamada. This is followed by a video hyping Hamada.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Audrey Miller defeated Ayako Hamada in 10:56 by pinfall after hurting her leg halfway through the match and then suddenly rolling up Hamada as she went to pick her up. After the match, Hamada gives a little laugh before walking over to Audrey, hugging her and walking out. (Rating: E+)

Alberto El Patron is backstage talking about Jeff Jarrett doing the right thing for and not disrespecting AAA and the business by trying to use Bullet Club to help him win. He then warned Bullet Club that if they do try to get involved, they better be ready for a fight, too.

A video airs hyping Bullet Club and the chaos they've caused in their time in New Japan.

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, Cody Hall, Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson of Bullet Club defeated Jaden Jeter, Los Luchas and The SAT in 17:11 when Doc Gallows defeated Joel Maximo by pinfall after Jaden Jeter DDTed Maximo and then walked out on his team after they failed to tag him in late in the match. (Rating: E+)

Bullet Club celebrates another win for a bit before leaving the ring. Suddenly Jaden Jeter comes back in and attacks a tired Los Luchas and SAT with a chair, hitting them all repeatedly as he yells "I told you not to ruin this for me!"

Jeter leaves and officials come from the back to help Los Luchas and The SAT out of the ring. As that's happening, music starts to play and out comes JD Maverick who ignores both teams walking by him, seemingly fixated on himself instead. He gets on the mic and announces that he is searching for a valet and he's opening the eligibility to any woman in the crowd who thinks she can match his physical perfection. He looks around and picks out a beautiful woman from the crowd. He has her come in the ring, walks around her, looking her up and down and examining her, clearly liking what he sees. He has her take her pants down to examine more and suddenly he gets a horrified look on his face and points to a spot on her hip where a small, almost completely unnoticeable white spot is. "... Is that... a scar?" "I fell of my bicycle when I was 9." she says. He acts like he's going to vomit at the barely visible blemish before angrily yelling at her to get out of the ring, telling her he won't accept anything less than perfection. She runs out of the ring crying and out comes Xavier for the next match.

In an extremely poor match, JD Maverick defeated Xavier in 13:20 after the girl who was rejected by Michaels rushed the ring to trip Xavier as he came off the ropes which distracted the referee and allowed Maverick to hit a low blow and a rollup. The woman is dragged away by security as she screams for Maverick's attention. (Rating: E)

A video is shown hyping the upcoming AAA World Heavyweight Title match between Jeff Jarrett and Alberto El Patron.

In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Alberto El Patrón defeated Jeff Jarrett in 16:47 by submission with a Rolling Cross Armbreaker to retain the AAA World Heavyweight Championship. Bullet Club tried to interfere in the match but before they could do anything, the majority of the GFW roster including Nick McNeil, White Tiger, Archadia, Pierre Le Prestee, Andy Ridge, the Von Erichs, the Harts and Xavier came out to stand in their way. Jarrett pleaded with them from the ring to mind their own business but they stood blocking Bullet Club from getting to the ring as El Patron was able to get the victory. The show ends with El Patron celebrating and Jarrett looking at the roster of his company staring down his Bullet Club stable mates as he nurses his right arm. (Rating: D+)

Final show rating: D
Attendance: 1,490

Not the best show but I'm in the process of introducing new characters to build up while using the star power from the other companies to keep things afloat so that I'm not main eventing PPVs with unknowns. It's an awkward transition phase right now. Also haven't been able to get a TV deal which is gonna make things much tougher.
Old 03-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #2455
loopydate

WCW Thunder 9/11/2003

On the two-year anniversary of the worst terror attack in US history, the arena for Thunder is draped in red white and blue. And, since this is WCW, the first wrestler we see is Mexico's Juventud Guerrera. He's teaming with AJ Styles to take on Crowbar and "Wildcat" Chris Harris. These four men will meet in Monday night's final two quarterfinal matches. Lots of high-flying action with Harris working as the "big guy," since, as we've established, EWR thinks he's smaller than he is. Eventually, though, AJ Styles hits Crowbar with the Styles Clash to pick up the victory for his team.

Scott Hall is backstage. He's done joking around, man. He was making fun of a guy who's pushing 50, still hanging in there. But Koloff had to make it personal. So at Fall Brawl, play time is over.

The quarterfinals of the Cruiserweight Title tournament kicks off with "Primetime" Elix Skipper, the man who advanced to this match by virtue of Rey Mysterio Jr. joining Team WCW and forfeiting his spot. He takes on the young upstart Harry Smith, who defeated Ca$h last week. It's a good match that serves its purpose, which is putting Smith over as the dark horse in the tournament. Smith hits a running powerslam to make it to the final four.

Backstage, two of Monday's main events (no, seriously) Konnan and Ernest "The Cat" Miller are being held apart by officials. Something about last week rubbed these guys the wrong way, and now it looks like they're on a collision course.

Our second semifinal berth is on the line next as Shannon Moore, who defeated Jason Jett last week, takes on Chavo Guerrero Jr. who eliminated Jamie Noble in the tournament's very first match. This is the match of the night as both men give it their all to grab some eyes. Chavo picks up the victory with a brainbuster to set up a semifinal showdown with Harry Smith next week on Thunder.

Sting is backstage without the nWo. He recaps the story thus far, they took out Hogan at Road Wild, only to have Shane Helms take Hogan's place in the main event and pull off the upset when Hogan returned to interfere. In ten days, Hogan brings his crew and Sting brings his. There may be some dissension in the nWo, but when we get to Atlanta, we'll stand united. Hogan, for everything you've done, in ten days... this means War.

Speaking of the dissension in the nWo, the "Dog-Faced Gremlin" Rick Steiner continues his attempt at making the War Games match. If he can defeat any member of Team WCW, he will take Scott Norton's spot in the main event. So far, he's been squashed by Goldberg and defeated by Booker T. Tonight, he faces Rey Mysterio Jr. Early on, Steiner goes for a Steinerline, but Rey swings around his arm, turns it into a headscissor rollup and picks up the win. Steiner freaks out, as he realizes he's now down to two more opportunities.

-EDIT - Totally forgot that Hulk Hogan cut a promo between these matches. Sorry, brother.

One man we've not heard from yet this month is the WCW United States Champion Mike Awesome. Tonight, he defends his title against Big Van Vader, who has been having recent problems with Road Warrior Animal. Surprisingly, Animal gets involved! Whaaaaaat?!? After a ref bump, Animal gets in his shots on Vader allowing Awesome to hit an Awesome Splash and retain the title. Animal and Vader brawl after the match.

An unmistakable guitar screech brings the crowd to its feet as WCW Executive Committee member Bret Hart says that if Animal and Vader want to tear each other apart, they'll get to. In Atlanta, at Fall Brawl in ten days, it's Road Warrior Animal vs. Big Van Vader in a street fight!

Just as on Nitro, our main event tonight is a tag team match involving the participants in Fall Brawl's World Title match. World Champion Shane Helms teams with Team WCW's Booker T to take on #1 contender Jeff Jarrett and the New World Order's Lex Luger. In a true WCW shocker, the match degenerates into a brawl. The rest of the nWo and the other members of Team WCW make their way to the ring but are held apart. Amidst the distraction, Jarrett blasts Helms with a guitar and covers him for the win. After the match, the ring fills with bodies and the announcers freak out as we fade out.

=====

Quick Results (Final Rating 6.84)
  1. AJ Styles and Juventud Guerrera over Chris Harris and Crowbar
  2. Scott Hall challenges Nikita Koloff for Fall Brawl
  3. QUARTERFINALS - Harry Smith over Elix Skipper
  4. Ernest Miller/Konnan backstage confrontation
  5. QUARTERFINALS - Chavo Guerrero Jr. over Shannon Moore
  6. Sting promo on Hogan
  7. Rey Mysterio Jr. over Rick Steiner
  8. Hogan promo on Sting
  9. UNITED STATES CHAMPION - Mike Awesome (c) over Big Van Vader after Road Warrior Animal costs Vader
  10. Bret Hart announces Animal vs. Vader for Fall Brawl
  11. Jeff Jarrett and Lex Luger over Shane Helms and Booker T
Fall Brawl 2003 Card so far (9/21)
  • War Games: Team WCW (Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Rey Mysterio Jr., Booker T, and Dustin Rhodes) vs. New World Order (Sting, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, and Scott Norton or Rick Steiner)
  • WCW World Heavyweight Title: Shane Helms (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett
  • WCW Cruiserweight Title: Tournament final, participants TBD
  • Street Fight: Road Warrior Animal vs. Big Van Vader
  • Scott Hall vs. Nikita Koloff
Cruiserweight Title Tournament Quarterfinal Matches Remaining (9/15 Nitro)
Crowbar vs. AJ Styles
Chris Harris vs. Juventud Guerrera

Cruiserweight Title Tournament Semifinal Matches (9/18 Thunder)
Harry Smith vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Crowbar/AJ Styles winner vs. Chris Harris/Juventud Guerrera winner

Last edited by loopydate; 03-08-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:01 PM   #2456
loopydate

ECW Anarchy Rulz (9/14/03)

Hype Video

The preshow concludes with a video hyping tonight's Ken Shamrock/Yoshihiro Tajiri ECW World Title match.

Jerry Lynn vs. Low Ki

Jerry Lynn scores with a back heel kick on Low Ki. Jerry Lynn strikes Low Ki. Lynn uses a basement dropkick to the knee. Driven DDT by Jerry Lynn. Low Ki powers out of a headlock. Fallaway slam by Low Ki. Low Ki hits a high kick on Jerry Lynn. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Lynn ducks a wild right hand. Low Ki takes a hurrancarana. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Jerry Lynn blasts Low Ki with a super kick. Pin : 1....2....no! Shoulder up at the last second. Lynn walks into a trip. Low Ki hits a right hand. Low Ki misses a clothesline. Big dropkick by Jerry Lynn, who got good elevation. Low Ki can barely stand. Cradle To Grave! 1....2....3.

Overall Rating: 82%
Crowd Reaction: 69%
Match Quality: 95%

Erik Watts vs Satoshi Kojima

Watts walks into a spike slam. Satoshi Kojima turns Watts inside-out with a clothesline. Kojima DDTs Erik Watts. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Kojima looks shocked. Rude Awakening on Erik Watts by Kojima. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Watts slips out the back of a Satoshi Kojima bodyslam. Kojima takes a vertical suplex. Erik Watts DDTs Kojima. Kojima blocks a punch. Hard slam by Kojima. Satoshi Kojima moves in for the kill. Lariat!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

Overall Rating: 71%
Crowd Reaction: 70%
Match Quality: 72%

Blue Meanie and Tommy Dreamer vs Little Guido, Nathan Jones, and Sonny Siaki

Weak slam from Nathan. Uninspiring brawling from Nathan Jones. Nathan Jones misses a big legdrop. Meanie DDTs Nathan Jones. Nathan tags out to Little Guido. Uninspiring brawling from Blue Meanie. Powerslam from Blue Meanie. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Guido counters a sleeper hold by turning it into a jaw breaker. Tag to Sonny Siaki. Siaki \ Guido whip Meanie into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Meanie takes a headbutt from Sonny Siaki. Sonny Siaki with a spinning neckbreaker on Meanie. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Sonny Siaki DDTs Meanie. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Siaki looks shocked. Spear! Meanie is down and hurt. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Siaki looks shocked. Siaki tags out to Little Guido. Guido \ Siaki whip Meanie into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Meanie gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Guido. Blue Meanie reverses a hip toss. Powerslam from Blue Meanie. Meanie tags out to Tommy Dreamer. Dreamer \ Meanie whip Guido into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Tommy Dreamer DDTs Guido. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Guido tags out to Nathan Jones. Tommy Dreamer fires off some right and left hands. Big clothesline from Dreamer. Pin : 1....2....kick out! A split-second away from a three. Nathan blocks a kick from Tommy Dreamer. Tag between Nathan Jones and Sonny Siaki. Nathan \ Siaki hook up Dreamer, then hit a double suplex. Flying shoulder tackle by Siaki sends Dreamer to the mat. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Tag between Sonny Siaki and Little Guido. Brutal forearm by Guido. Guido hits a swinging DDT on Tommy Dreamer. Tommy Dreamer ducks a clothesline attempt. Dreamer DDTs Little Guido. Cyrus The Virus has climbed up onto the apron! Dreamer turns...and falls for the distraction! Little Guido runs at Dreamer from behind...but misses! Little Guido collides with Cyrus The Virus! Little Guido can barely stand. Dreamer Driver!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!!

Overall Rating: 65%
Crowd Reaction: 67%
Match Quality: 62%

Taiyo Kea vs Steve Corino

Hard impact russian legsweep by Corino. Massive backbreaker, Kea got planted. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up. Steve Corino misses a clothesline. Stiff chop lights up Corino. Running knee lift from Taiyo Kea. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Tornado punch from Taiyo Kea. Pin : 1....2....no! They cut that one close. Running knee lift from Taiyo Kea. Steve Corino avoids an avalanche, Taiyo Kea hits the turnbuckles hard. Vicious back suplex! Cover! 1....2...kick out. Spear! Kea is down and hurt. Hooks the leg : 1....2....shoulder up! That was close. Steve Corino with a spinning neckbreaker on Kea. Kea takes a headbutt from Steve Corino. Kea ducks a wild right hand. Kea slams Steve Corino down. Nadowa by Taiyo Kea. Taiyo Kea moves in for the kill. Hawaiian Smasher! 1....2....3.

Overall Rating: 75%
Crowd Reaction: 71%
Match Quality: 79%

Sabu vs Christopher Daniels

Spinning back kick from Christopher Daniels. Kick from Christopher Daniels to the leg. Sabu walks into a high dropkick from Christopher Daniels. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Hard back suplex on Sabu. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Sabu elbows Christopher Daniels in the face to break a hammerlock. Daniels receives some unexciting punishment. Pin : 1....2..no. The match continues. Sabu DDTs Daniels. Christopher Daniels hits a right hand out of nowhere. Diving headbutt from Daniels. Christopher Daniels moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Last Rites. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Crowd Reaction: 71%
Match Quality: 72%

#1 Contenders' Threeway Dance - Sandman and Scorpio vs Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs La Resistance

Hard back suplex on Rougeau. Spinning back kick from 2 Cold Scorpio. Scorpio tags out to Sandman. Punch by Sandman on Rougeau. Big clothesline from Sandman. Tag between Sandman and 2 Cold Scorpio. Sandman and Scorpio whip Rougeau into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Pin : 1....2....no! They cut that one close. Rougeau tags out to Jacques Rougeau Jr.. Flying shoulder tackle by Jacques sends Scorpio to the mat. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Tag to Rene Dupree. Jacques gets slammed. Tag between Jacques Rougeau Jr. and Sandman. Massive backbreaker, Sandman got planted. Tag between Rene Dupree and Sylvan Grenier. Side suplex from Grenier. Pin : 1....2....kick out! A split-second away from a three. Tag between Sylvan Grenier and Jacques Rougeau Jr.. Stiff chop lights up Sandman. Sandman blocks a kick from Jacques Rougeau Jr.. Big clothesline from Sandman. Cover! 1....2....3! Ring the bell. Sandman pinned Jacques. Incredibly weak headbutt on Grenier by Sandman. Sandman punches away at Sylvan Grenier. Tag to 2 Cold Scorpio. Grenier walks into a face crusher variation. Grenier counters a sleeper hold by turning it into a jaw breaker. Tag to Rene Dupree. Powerslam from Rene Dupree. Rene Dupree has 2 Cold Scorpio down on the canvas. Figure Four Leglock!!! 2 Cold Scorpio taps out!

Crowd Reaction: 72%
Match Quality: 71%

Rob Van Dam vs Masato Tanaka

Spinning back kick from Rob Van Dam. Tanaka slips out the back of a Rob Van Dam bodyslam. Stiff chop lights up RVD. The referee goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Massive lariat. Cover, but there's no one to count for Masato Tanaka. Rob Van Dam reverses a hip toss. Flying elbow from Rob Van Dam. Flying cross body off the top rope! Cover! 1....2...kick out. Slingshot clothesline by RVD. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! RVD looks shocked. Masato Tanaka powers out of a Rob Van Dam headlock. Full nelson slam! Pin : 1....2....no! They cut that one close. Masato Tanaka gets taken down out of nowhere. Rob Van Dam has Masato Tanaka down on the canvas and is ascending the corner. Through the air, Five Star Frog Splash! 1....2....3.

Overall Rating: 79%
Crowd Reaction: 74%
Match Quality: 84%

ECW World Title Match - Ken Shamrock (c) vs Yoshihiro Tajiri

Kick from Yoshihiro Tajiri to the leg. Ken Shamrock fights out of a grapple. Shamrock drives a forearm into the chest of Tajiri. Shamrock whips Tajiri into the turnbuckles...and the referee gets sandwiched! Delayed brainbuster suplex. Hooks the leg, but there's no referee to make the count. Shamrock drops an elbow...but misses. Spin kick by Yoshihiro Tajiri to the face. Tajiri hits a high kick on Ken Shamrock. Cover! 1....2...kick out. Back heel kick off the second rope, Shamrock goes down. Cover! 1....2....kick out at the last second! Tajiri looks shocked. Tajiri walks into a trip. Vicious back suplex! Pin : 1....2....no! Shoulder up at the last second. Tajiri reverses a waistlock. Ken Shamrock is in trouble. Here it comes - Kick Of Death. 1....2...3, it's finished. Yoshihiro Tajiri climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Overall Rating: 84%
Crowd Reaction: 72%
Match Quality: 96%

Quick Results (Buy Rate 0.61)
  1. Hype video for main event
  2. Jerry Lynn over Low Ki
  3. Satoshi Kojima over Erik Watts
  4. Blue Meanie & Tommy Dreamer over Nathan Jones, Little Guido, and Sonny Siaki
  5. Taiyo Kea over Steve Corino
  6. Christopher Daniels over Sabu
  7. La Resistance over Fabulous Rougeau Brothers and 2 Cold Scorpio and Sandman in a three-way dance to become #1 contenders for the ECW World Tag Team Titles
  8. Rob Van Dam over Masato Tanaka
  9. WORLD TITLE - Yoshihiro Tajiri over Ken Shamrock to win the title
Old 03-08-2015, 05:17 PM   #2457
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopydate View Post
On the two-year anniversary of the worst terror attack in US history, the arena for Thunder is draped in red white and blue. And, since this is WCW, the first wrestler we see is Mexico's Juventud Guerrera.

Some really awesome matches on Anarchy Rulz, especially the main event. Very interested in seeing that you gave Tajiri the belt. I was always a big fan of his. Would love to see where things go for him.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #2458
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

WWF NXT
Week 3: April 17, 2002

After all of the usual pomp and circumstance with the pyro, the legendary nWo theme hits as Scott Hall makes his way down the ring to angry boos to start us off.

Segment 1: Scott Hall/Kevin Haas/Tazz segment

He gets into the ring and says “hey yo”. He does his traditional “survey says” promo before the nWo theme hits again and out comes Charlie Haas under the guise of “Big Sexy” Kevin Haas, wearing the same wig and ridiculous outfit that he wore last week. He climbs into the ring over the top rope and thrusts his arm to the sky…only to collapse to the mat in a heap, clutching his bicep.

Hall looks befuddled as trainers come out to tend to Haas and help him off to the back, still holding his bicep in apparent agony. Tazz informs Hall that his rookie doesn’t appear to be fit to compete tonight, so Hall himself will have to face Haas’ opponent…Umaga!

Overall Rating: 75%, and evidently Kevin Haas gained overness for injuring his bicep

Segment 2: Scott Hall vs. Umaga (1-0) w/ Crash Holly

Whatever happened to Haas might have been a blessing in disguise, as the last time we saw Umaga he was bulldozing through the imposing Ron Waterman. Hall does his best to try and get the match under control, but Umaga keeps busting out flurries of power moves. Eventually after a Samoan Drop, Scott Hall rolls out of the ring under the bottom rope to catch a breather. He circles the ring and clotheslines Umaga’s pro, Crash Holly on the outside. Hall climbs back up to the apron, but then thinks better of it and drops back down. Hall channels his inner Dante from Clerks, deciding he isn’t even supposed to be here today. He walks to the back to boos and takes the countout loss.

Crowd Reaction: 68%, Match Quality: 78%, Overall Rating: 73%, Umaga gained overness

Segment 3: Eric Angle video

Continuing the trend from the first two installments of NXT, we have our rookie profile videos and this time the subject is Eric Angle. Angle discusses amateur wrestling background at Waynesburg University. He knows that everybody is going to compare him to his younger brother Kurt, and he helped him out against the Undertaker a couple years back (a video clip of Angle’s assist at Survivor Series 2000 was shown). But he wants to use NXT as a platform to show the world that he’s his own man so he can raise the family legacy to even greater heights.

Overall Rating: 68%, Eric Angle gained overness

Segment 4: Chris Nowinski (0-1) w/ Al Snow vs. Shelton Benjamin (1-0) w/ Rob Van Dam

In a rarity so far on NXT, we saw minimal involvement from the pros in this one…funny what happens when both pros are face. Benjamin used plenty of flashy moves, whereas Nowinski stuck the basics. The Harvard graduate did feel the need to gloat anytime he executed even the most basic of maneuvers, but he did genuinely wow the crowd with a spinning double underhook slam that he calls the Honor Roll. Benjamin got his foot on the ropes at 2, prompting a temper tantrum from Nowinski. By the time Nowinski was finished bitching, Benjamin was back on his feet and turned Nowinski around for a T-Bone Suplex for the win.

Crowd Reaction: 54%, Match Quality: 78%, Overall Rating: 66%

Segment 5: John Cena video

John Cena’s introductory video is next. He talks about being an All-American center for Springfield College before entering the realm of professional bodybuilding. But don’t let the packaging fool you. He may look like the perfect prototype for what WWF is looking for, but he’s not some dumb jock. If he’s going to win this contest he’ll need to stick to his core values: hustle, loyalty, and respect. Hey, that sounds like a pretty marketable catchphrase. Maybe it’ll make him some money someday.

Overall Rating: 69%, John Cena gained overness

Segment 6: John Cena/Edge interview

Yep, we go from one Cena talking segment to another. Somebody in the WWF offices clearly likes this guy. Jonathan Coachman asks Cena his thoughts on Kurt Angle needing to resort to cheating to beat him last week. Before he can say much though, Kurt and Eric Angle are on the scene. Kurt tells Cena to stop being a sore loser and that the better man won. In fact, his brother could whip Cena AND his pro’s ass easily. Eric looks caught off guard by the comment, as Cena and Edge advise Angle to bring it on. Before things can escalate into a fistfight, Tazz steps in to advise them that next week Kurt and Eric will face Edge and Cena in a tag team match (playa?)

Overall Rating: 79%, John Cena, Eric Angle, and Tazz all gained overness

Segment 7: Ron Waterman (0-1) w/ Hardcore Holly vs. Randy Orton (1-0) w/ Mr. Perfect

The main event was a decent brawl between the two up and comers. The crowd was solidly behind Orton, but the match itself was fairly even. Waterman takes control midway through and works over Orton to build some heat, but then Orton went into fiery baby face mode. Orton topples an interfering Hardcore Holly off the apron and then plants Waterman with his unique backbreaker, now known as the Overdrive.

Before Orton can go for the pin, his pro jumps on the ring apron, screaming at his rookie to use the Perfect Plex to finish off Waterman. As the ref tries to get Perfect to come off the apron, “Above Average” Mike Sanders enters the ring and hits Orton with his own finishing move. Sanders exits as Waterman comes to. Waterman connects with the Water Bomb (sitout powerbomb) and steals away a victory.

Holly and Waterman celebrate the cheap victory…but the announcers can’t help but wonder what business Sanders had interfering in this main event. Sanders backs up the rampway with a shit-eating grin on his face as we fade to black.

Crowd Reaction: 57%, Match Quality: 83%, Overall Rating: 70%

68% Overall Rating for NXT
1.13 rating

3 shows all hovering around the same rating, quite good for a show featuring a lot of unknowns. I’m happy with it. In post-show e-mail notes, Scott Hall bitched about Umaga working too stiff, and he lost around 20 points of morale for having to job to him. It was a fucking count-out, Scott! Quit your bitching!

Chris Jericho asks to face Chris Benoit. Great idea, Chris! Now just go ahead and tell that to the guy actually booking your brand. Similarly, Big Show thinks it would be a good idea to work with Kevin Nash. Somebody better show him their match from Souled Out 1998.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:24 PM   #2459
loopydate

9/8/03-9/14/03 Breakdown

Ratings

Nitro - 6.81 (down .07)
Thunder - 6.84 (down .01)
SmackDown - 5.40 (up .24)
RAW - 5.16 (steady)
Hardcore TV - 1.50 (up .10)

PPV Buy Rates
Anarchy Rulz - 0.61

Show Quality
SmackDown - 82% (up 4%)
RAW - 80% (down 1%)
Thunder - 76% (up 2%)
Anarchy Rulz - 75%
Hardcore TV - 74% (up 5%)
Nitro - 72% (down 4%)

Best Segment
SmackDown - John Cena promo (95%)
RAW - Team BRECK-J promo (95%)
Thunder - Hulk Hogan promo (95%)
Nitro - Team WCW promo (94%)
Hardcore TV - Paul Heyman announces Anarchy Rulz main event (93%)
Anarchy Rulz - Yoshihiro Tajiri over Ken Shamrock (84%)

Best Match
RAW - Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero (89%)
Anarchy Rulz - Yoshihiro Tajiri over Ken Shamrock (84%)
SmackDown - Shawn Michaels vs. Paul London (84%)
Nitro - Juventud Guerrera over Ultimo Dragon (81%)
Hardcore TV - Masato Tanaka and Yoshihiro Tajiri over Ken Shamrock and Rob Van Dam (80%)
Thunder - AJ Styles & Juventud Guerrera over Chris Harris and Crowbar (77%)

Year-To-Date Top Ten Matches
  1. World's Greatest Tag Team vs. Chris Benoit & Kurt Angle (9/4 SmackDown) 90%
  2. Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero (9/8 Raw) 89%
  3. ECW World Title - Yoshihiro Tajiri vs. Ken Shamrock (Anarchy Rulz) 84%
  4. Shawn Michaels vs. Paul London (9/11 SmackDown) 84%
  5. #1 Contender Fatal Fourway - Kurt Angle vs. John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (9/1 Raw) 83%
  6. Jerry Lynn vs. Low Ki (Anarchy Rulz) 82%
  7. Chris Jericho vs. Triple H (9/8 Raw) 82%
  8. Kurt Angle, Christian, and Edge vs. The Wrecking Crew (9/8 Raw) 82%
  9. Juventud Guerrera vs. Ultimo Dragon (9/8 Nitro) 81%
  10. Masato Tanaka and Yoshihiro Tajri vs. Ken Shamrock and Rob Van Dam (9/9 Hardcore TV) 80%
Old 03-08-2015, 08:53 PM   #2460
loopydate

WCW Monday Nitro 9/15/2003

The final Nitro before Fall Brawl opens with tag-team action involving two of the Cruiserweight Title tournament semifinalists and two men on a collision course. It's Harry Smith and Ernest "The Cat" Miller vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Konnan! Surprisingly solid match considering the hodgepodge nature of the teams. The two upcoming battles wind up becoming more than referee Charles Robinson can contain and he calls for the bell, disqualifying both teams!

WCW Executive Committee member Vince Russo comes out onto the ramp and announces what we all kind of assumed: Ernest Miller vs. Konnan will happen in six days at Fall Brawl!

Two spots have been filled in the semifinals, and #3 is on the line next as the phenomenal AJ Styles (who eliminated Billy Kidman in round one) takes on Crowbar (who dispatched "Above Average" Mike Sanders). Tonight's match of the night is a high-flying affair. The brash Styles hits his trademark Styles Clash on Crowbar, then heads to the top for a Spiral Tap. He takes too long playing to the crowd, which allows Crowbar time to climb up beside him, push him off the top, and hit a moonsault for the victory! After the match, AJ throws a fit. This title is his, dammit!

Backstage, a handful of wrestlers are watching the match on a monitor. As AJ limps past them, he overhears what he's pretty sure is laughing. He turns to confront the source... "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan! Styles blasts Duggan with a kick and walks off.

Crowbar has joined Harry Smith and Chavo Guerrero Jr. in the semifinals, and the final spot is up for grabs as America's Most Wanted's "Wildcat" Chris Harris (who took Psychosis out of the tournament) takes on Juventud Guerrera (who won the best match of the tournament thus far against Ultimo Dragon). Solid action, but Harris' Cinderella run comes to an end at the hands of Juvi's 450 splash. After the match, Chuck Palumbo assaults Harris, laying him out with a Jungle Kick.

"American Made" hits the speakers as Hulk Hogan leads Team WCW to the ring. Once in the ring, the quintet of Hogan, Bill Goldberg, Booker T, Dustin Rhodes, and Rey Mysterio Jr. strike an imposing figure. Hogan grabs the mic and cuts a pretty fantastic promo about War Games.

The nWo theme hits, and the six members make their way to the ring, led by Sting. Sting barks some orders at Rick Steiner, who enters the ring to face Hogan in our next contest. Steiner is 0-3 in his attempts to make the War Games team. He falls to 0-4 after a big boot/legdrop combo.

An ailing Steiner is helped to his feet by his brother as the nWo enters the ring. Team WCW leaves, because now it's the heels' turn to cut a promo. Sting says that Steiner has one final opportunity on Thursday. If he can defeat Dustin Rhodes, he's in. If not... he's out. Both Steiner brothers look terrified while Scott Norton almost kind of sort of smiles.

Sting is in action in a rare TV match (hey, if I'm making Hogan do it, Sting wants to play, too!) against "Cowboy" James Storm. It's almost like wrestling is staged, because after Sting hits the Scorpion Deathdrop and wins the match, Sean O'Haire hits the ring and lays Storm out with a Widowmaker!

Eventually, they're separated, Chris Harris comes out to join Storm, and Chuck Palumbo joins O'Haire. AMW challenges O'Haire and Palumbo to a match at Fall Brawl... and they accept!

Tonight's main event is a six-man Fall Brawl preview as the World Champion Shane Helms teams with Scott Hall and Road Warrior Animal against the #1 contender Jeff Jarrett, Nikita Koloff, and Big Van Vader. It's better than the combined ages of the participants would make you think, with the young champion hitting Jarrett with a Vertebreaker to get his win back from Thunder. The three singles matches get into individual staredowns as Nitro goes off the air!

=====

Quick Results (Final Rating 6.45)
  1. Harry Smith and Ernest Miller vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Konnan ends in double-DQ
  2. Vince Russo announces Ernest Miller vs. Konnan at Fall Brawl
  3. QUARTERFINALS - Crowbar over AJ Styles
  4. Jim Duggan is laughing backstage, Styles attacks
  5. QUARTERFINALS - Juventud Guerrera over Chris Harris, Chuck Palumbo attacks Harris after
  6. Team WCW promo
  7. Hulk Hogan over Rick Steiner
  8. New World Order promo
  9. Sting over James Storm thanks to interference from O'Haire
  10. AMW challenge O'Haire & Palumbo for Fall Brawl
  11. Shane Helms, Road Warrior Animal, & Scott Hall over Jeff Jarrett, Big Van Vader, & Nikita Koloff
Fall Brawl 2003 Card so far (9/21)
  • War Games: Team WCW (Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Rey Mysterio Jr., Booker T, and Dustin Rhodes) vs. New World Order (Sting, Lex Luger, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, and Scott Norton or Rick Steiner)
  • WCW World Heavyweight Title: Shane Helms (c) vs. Jeff Jarrett
  • WCW Cruiserweight Title: Tournament final, participants TBD
  • Street Fight: Road Warrior Animal vs. Big Van Vader
  • America's Most Wanted vs. Chuck Palumbo & Sean O'Haire
  • Ernest Miller vs. Konnan
  • Scott Hall vs. Nikita Koloff
Cruiserweight Title Tournament Semifinal Match-Ups
Harry Smith vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
Crowbar vs. Juventud Guerrera
Old 03-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #2461
loopydate

WWF Raw 9/15/2003

WWF World Champion Brock Lesnar and the Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin are in the ring to start the show. In 13 days, their titles will all be on the line. They focus mostly on Lesnar's defense against Kurt Angle, and none of them are really strong promos, so there's not much to report here.

At Unforgiven, Raven will face Scotty 2 Hotty. On SmackDown last week, he said he'd tear through all of Scotty's friends one by one. Tonight, he starts with the dancin' fatty Rikishi. And he wins. Yay plot development! After the match, Raven adds an extra Raven Effect DDT, just 'cause.

Eddie Guerrero is backstage. He tells some backstory stuff about how he and Triple H were Tag Team Champions earlier this year because they were both willing to lie, cheat, and steal their way to getting what they want. Shockingly, the partnership didn't work out, and now in less than two weeks, Eddie will get what he's wanted since King of the Ring, the chance to finally unplug The Game once and for all.

Two young stars on the rise are out next as Randy Orton takes on the high-flying Jeff Hardy. It's an exciting match that goes back and forth several times. Orton goes for his trademark backbreaker, but Hardy rolls through it and stacks Orton on top of himself for the surprise victory! Orton loses his mind and attacks Jeff after the bell, throwing him to the apron, then planting him with a DDT off the second rope. What an innovative maneuver that's not at all contrived!

Backstage, Edge & Christian have a rebuttal for the World's Greatest Tag Team. They reek. Not like E&C, who reek only of awesomeness. High five for wordplay!

E&C's Team BRECK-J stablemates Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho team up next to take on The Dirty Dozen's Big Show and Kane. The monsters dominate early, but eventually Benoit hits a diving headbutt on Show as he tries to cover Jericho, not realizing he's the illegal man. Benoit covers Show for the victory. But they're not done as all four men brawl after the match until they're separated by officials. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE SOME DECORUM?!?

John Cena, the Doctor of Thuganomics, cuts a dope freestyle promo on Shawn Michaels, HBShizzle, the Heartbreak Shid apparently. He finally says what we've all pretty much expected all month - they're fighting at Unforgiven.

X-Pac has narrowly escaped some matches lately with his Intercontinental Championship intact. Tonight, he defends against the manbeast Rhyno. Rhyno is kicking the everloving crap out of Pac until a ref bump allows Hardcore Holly to take Rhyno out, allowing X-Pac to get the cheap win. After the match, Rhyno GOOOOOOOOOORES the shit out of both of them to get his heat back.

The Dirty Dozen floods the ring and Rhyno wisely exits. Undertaker grabs the mic and talks some trash about his Unforgiven match against The Rock. More Road To Redemption runs through my yard stuff. Hey, it's 2003 Undertaker, what do you expect?

Oh, hey, speaking of The Rock, he's in action in our main event against Paul London. London had the match of his career against his mentor Shawn Michaels four days ago on SmackDown. It's not quite on that level, but they still have a very good match. Rock wins clean, then shakes the youngster's hand as a show of respect. Rock remains undefeated on the Road To Redemption!

He grabs the microphone and rebuts Undertaker's promo. He runs down the Dozen one by one in hilarious Rock fashion, including numerous digs at just how random that whole stable is. Seriously, what's the point? Aaaaaaaaand that's how the show ends. Good night, everybody!

Quick Results (Final Rating 5.64)
  1. Wrecking Crew promo on Angle
  2. Raven over Rikishi, does a beatdown after
  3. Eddie Guerrero promo on Triple H
  4. Jeff Hardy over Randy Orton, Orton freaks out and attacks after
  5. Edge & Christian promo on WGTT
  6. Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho over Big Show and Kane, both teams brawl to the back
  7. John Cena challenges Shawn Michaels for Unforgiven
  8. INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE - X-Pac (c) over Rhyno when Hardcore Holly interferes, Rhyno fights both off
  9. Dirty Dozen promo on Rock
  10. ROAD TO REDEMPTION - The Rock over Paul London
  11. Rock promo on Undertaker
Unforgiven 2003 Card so far (9/28)
  • WWF World Heavyweight Title: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Kurt Angle
  • WWF World Tag Team Titles: World's Greatest Tag Team (c) vs. Edge & Christian
  • Road To Redemption: The Rock vs. Undertaker
  • John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
  • Eddie Guerrero vs. Triple H
  • Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Raven
Old 03-17-2015, 10:47 PM   #2462
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

One thing about EWR that would definitely help out with these journals is that it gives you the description of the match so you can just cut and paste it. I feel really lazy when it comes to writing out a description.
Old 03-17-2015, 10:48 PM   #2463
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Also, slightly sad the Rougeaus didn't win the tag titles.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:12 AM   #2464
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Still in monthly online PPV mode for now for GFW as the best TV deal I could get is syndication and I don't think it's worth it. There could have been a better way to go about this but... fuck it. I'm going realistic and I didn't wanna cheat the system and just assign myself a TV deal. Making running storylines a little tougher though.

Global Force Wrestling June PPV online preview:
In a post-show interview from Global Uprising, Jeff Jarrett and Bullet Club, AJ Styles confronted Jarrett about the GFW roster getting involved in his match and preventing Bullet Club from interfering. Jarrett said he'd talk to the guys and get things straight before announcing AJ Styles would take on Alberto El Patron in a monumental IWGP World Champion vs AAA World Champion match at the June PPV.

Jarrett confronts the GFW roster in the dressing room. Nick McNeil acts as the spokesman and explains that they aren't like the other guys who have contracts elsewhere arouns the world and have backup plans and they aren't gonna allow GFW to become corrupt like other wrestling companies and watch it burn to the ground before it even gets going. That's they came out during the main event to make sure it didn't happen. Jarrett seems to be understanding and tells them all "You're right" before shaking everyone's hand individually and leaving.

GFW's next iPPV will be LIVE Sunday June 14th from Kingsport, Tennessee. Here are the announced matches:

AAA World Heavyweight Champion vs IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Non-Title Match:
Alberto El Patron vs AJ Styles

The Von Erich Legacy vs Bullet Club

Cody Hall vs Xavier

We'll also see the debut of second generation star Jesse White as well as former NXT Tag Team Champion Joel Redman (AKA Oliver Grey). Also in action will be JD Maverick as he continues the search for his new valet. The first entrant into the Global Force Championship tournament, the masked Archadia will also compete.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:56 AM   #2465
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

GFW on PPV (June 14th, 2015)

Dark Match: RJ Brewer vs Bruce Hart Jr.

RJ Brewer comes out to explain to the crowd that while many perceive his views on immigration to be controversial, he is not a racist and makes it a point to wish Alberto El Patron the best of luck in his match tonight. RJ Brewer beats Bruce Hart by pinfall in 4:30 after an implant DDT. (Rating: E)

After a video hyping tonight's show and the historic inter-promotional main event, Jim Ross and Matt Striker welcome us to the show and the beautiful Payton Rain is in the ring to announce the first match.

Kenny Doane vs Jesse "The Great" White

Kenny Doane enters first, doing pushups in the ring while he awaits his opponent. Out comes Jesse White, stopping at the top of the ramp and spreading red and black strips of war paint down his cheeks, an homage to his father, Vader. Halfway through the match, Doane takes control and gets on the mic and begins taunting White, saying he can't keep up because he's an out of shape pig just like his father was. This makes White irate and he tackles Doane, taking control and running out and grabbing a chair. As he goes to hit Doane with it, the ref grabs it and the distraction allows Doane to roll White up for the pin at 11:14. (Rating: E+)

After the match, Doane runs out and White follows right behind him, chasing all the way backstage until he loses Doane. Jack Korpella is backstage to get a word with White and he explains that he is proud of everything his father accomplished and promising Doane is gonna pay.

Back in the ring, JD Maverick comes out to pull another woman from the crowd to evaluate for his valet search. He picks another woman and picks apart her minor flaws before telling her that last month, the woman he rejected stalked him as he was leaving the arena so he's gonna have to have security escort her from the building now, which they do.

JD Maverick vs Pierre Le Prestee

Prestee puts up a good fight but the match ends when Maverick gets the pinfall via top rope dropkick in 8:43. After the match, another woman runs out from the crowd for Maverick and has to be stopped by security as he laughs and walks out. (Rating: E-)

Bullet Club members AJ Styles, Cody Hall, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows and Jeff Jarrett are backstage talking about their upcoming matches. Styles questions Jeff Jarrett's loyalty to Bullet Club after he failed to put his GFW roster in check and Jarrett assured him it will be fine.

The Von Erich Legacy vs Bullet Club (Gallows and Anderson)

In a long, back and forth match, The Von Erichs got countless near falls until Gallows seemed to get poked in the eye and then punched the referee, causing a disqualification at the 16:00 mark. Ross and Striker question whether the young Von Erichs were giving Bullet Club more than they could handle and Gallows intentionally got himself DQed to save face. (Rating: D-)

As The Von Erichs stand in the ring recovering, out comes Dakota Darsow, in full Native American makeup and attire. He gets a mic and does an awful accent saying "I heard there were a couple cowboys out here... As your sworn enemy, I challenge you to a match." They look at each other puzzled before leaving the ring as security comes in to take Darsow out and he screams, sarcastically yelling at Jim Ross as he gets taken away "This is what they want! A gimmick machine! I'll sell out!"

Backstage we see Jack Korpella interviewing Gallows and Anderson and Gallows gets angry at the idea that they were afraid they might lose to the Von Erichs saying it was an accident.

Oliver Redman vs Shannon Moore

The UK's own, former NXT Tag Champion Oliver Grey makes his debut as Oliver Redman in a relatively quick squash, pinning Shannon Moore after a bridging belly to back suplex in 4:01 (Rating: E)

After the match, Redman leaves and the lights flicker for a bit before turning red as a voice starts whispering in carny lingo before saying "The carnival is here..." The lights go out all the way and suddenly a ball of fire appears at the entrance ramp. And another. And another. When the lights slowly get brighter, we see Sinn Bodhi at the top of the ramp with a fire stick in his hand with two men and a woman in makeup and goth garb behind him. They slowly walk to the ring and kneel in front of Shannon Moore. Bodhi explains that they are only here to help him. He says Shannon has lost his confidence. They all rejected him. To the point where he was known as "The Reject". He says it's time to embrace that and introduces Facade, Kraven and Anastasia. They are The Carnival of Sinn. Bodhi helps Shannon up and he leaves with them.

Jack Korpella is backstage with "The South Beach Party Boy" Nick McNeil where he says he hopes Jarrett does the right thing for the company and not for Bullet Club tonight. He's interrupted by Jaden Jeter who says he and McNeil want the same thing. He wants McNeil to join him in his fight against this company becoming just another place trying to hold guys like them down. McNeil gives an hesitant look and says he'll think about it.

Cody Hall vs Xavier

In a competitive match, Cody Hall beats Xavier with a lariat in 13:19. (Rating: E-)

Alberto El Patron cuts a promo backstage on AJ Styles and what tonight's match means to him.

Charles Mercury vs Archadia

Before the match starts, Charles Mercury gets on the mic and offers Archadia $5,000 dollars to put his spot in the title tournament on the line tonight. Archadia just shakes his head and Mercury ups the offer to $10,000 but Archadia still says no. The match starts and Archadia takes advantage on the outside only for Mercury to grab a chair and hit Archadia with it causing a DQ at 5:51.

After the match, Mercury throws Archadia into the ring and ties him to the ropes before pulling off his elbow pad with an evil grin and walking out. When gets untied, he seems emotionally shaken as he holds his elbow and the commentators seem confused.

Jim Ross and Matt Striker announce that the tournament to crowd the first ever Global Force Champion will officially begin in 2 months with qualifying matches happening next month.

Audrey Miller vs Jayme Jameson

Hamada comes out to watch the match from ringside. Jameson tries to get the pin with her feet on the ropes at one point but Hamada knocks them off. Miller gets the pinfall with the roundup in 5:13

After the match, Miller gives Hamada a look of approval while Jameson looks on angry in the ring.

A video airs hyping the debut of The Thomaselli Family where they walk around their childhood hometown in the Bronx and talk about how they're gonna use GFW to give their family the good life.

Jaden Jeter comes out to announce that Los Luchas are not in the building tonight as Phoenix suffered an injury last week when he attacked him. The SAT IS in there though and they want a fight. He introduces the Riggs brothers, Johnny and Jason. Two guys who were, much like him, once signed to the big leagues and never given their proper shot.

The SAT vs The Riggs Brothers

Joel Maximo goes up to the top for a moonsault on Johnny only to be tripped up by Jaden Jeter as Jason distracts the referee, allowing Johnny to roll him up and pick up the pinfall in 11:17. (Rating: E+)

A video airs hyping the upcoming champion vs. champion match

Alberto El Patron vs AJ Styles

Jeff Jarrett comes out to sit at ringside for the match. As El Patron gets an advantage, Bullet Club members Cody Hall, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows come out only to be met by Nick McNeil and the Von Erichs. As the match continues in the ring, the six men brawl at ringside but Doc Gallows is able to slide a pair of brass knuckles into the ring. Just as AJ reaches down for them, Jeff Jarrett stands up and grabs them, shaking his head "no" as AJ gets rolled up but kicks out at two. The match continues as the brawl outside works its way backstage and finally AJ Styles goes for the styles clash only to have it reversed into a rollup for the three count as Alberto El Patron wins the battle of champions in 26:30. (Rating: D+)

After the match, Styles walks out and confronts Jarrett who just shrugs and says "sorry" before Styles suddenly kicks him in the head, knocking him face first into the ringpost and out cold before being chased away by El Patron. The GFW roster comes out to check on Jarrett as the show goes off the air.

Final show rating: D+
Live Attendance: 1,000 (Sold out)
The company gained popularity from the show.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:32 AM   #2466
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

And just to keep a visual for things...

Updated GFW Roster:

Male roster

Andy Ridge

Archadia

Charles Mercury

Dakota Darsow

Facade (Member of Carnival of Sinn)

Jaden Jeter

JD Maverick

Jesse White

Kenny Doane

Kraven (Member of Carnival of Sinn)

Nick McNeil

Pierre Le Prestee

RJ Brewer

Oliver Redman

Ryan Nemeth

Sinn Bodhi (Leader of Carnival of Sinn)

The Reject (Member of Carnival of Sinn)

White Tiger

Xavier

Tag Teams

The Riggs Brothers (Johnny Riggs and Jason Riggs)

The SAT (Jose Maximo and Joel Maximo)

The Von Erich Legacy (Marshall Von Erich and Ross Von Erich)

The Thomaselli Family (Pauly Thomaselli, Vito Thomaselli and Sal Thomaselli)

Los Luchas (Phoenix and Zokre)

Women's roster:

Audrey Miller

Hamada

Jayme Jameson

Anastasia Ivy (Member of Carnival of Sinn)

Announcers/Interviewers

Jim Ross

Matt Striker

Jack Korpela

Payton Rain

Road Agent

Ace Steel

Referee

Mickie Henson
Old 03-25-2015, 01:25 AM   #2467
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

So... I'm considering making a WMMA3 mod for wrestling and starting a game of that that treats wrestling as if it were real. Thoughts?
Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #2468
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

That'd be interesting. So basically every match is a legit MMA fight or something? It'd be cool to see who the top guys wind up being in such a mod, besides Brock of course.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:10 AM   #2469
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

As always seems to be the case this time of year, the temptation is growing to try another modern WWE game from post-WM and on. If I were to do that at some point, I'd almost surely need to not post anything except for PPVs and the like

I feel like "back in the day" I'd get on a serious roll with my feds because I'd just book whenever I felt like playing and would only post the PPVs here. When I try to force myself to post every TV show I run it winds up slowing me down because it ends up being more of a time commitment than I really have available.

But when I would only post PPVs I'd be able to sit down and do a whole week or two of television when motivated and it'd keep the fed plugging along at a decent pace.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:00 AM   #2470
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

I think a quick synopsis of the month leading up to the PPV and then just posting the PPV would work for something like WWE. With my GFW game, I felt the need to go into too much detail to give a mental image for all the unknown characters. With a WWE game, just a quick rundown of what the guys did during the month would suffice though.

We could also all do some sort of roster split game. In fact, a multi-player game of some sort seems like something that should have been done before in this thread. Not sure if I missed it or not.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #2471
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Cruz View Post
That'd be interesting. So basically every match is a legit MMA fight or something? It'd be cool to see who the top guys wind up being in such a mod, besides Brock of course.
Basically, the idea was to have everyone perform like their character. For example, Brock Lesnar would kill everyone easily in real life but instead I'm giving everyone skills that match their "imaginary" wrestling skills. Which means that suddenly John Cena has tons of heart and is actually capable of beating Brock at any time. Same for a guy like Daniel Bryan who will suffer from being undersized but has certain special fighting skills and a ton of heart that makes him a threat.

Just seems like it would be something different. I started on the mod a little last night and got surprisingly far in only an hour or so.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:36 PM   #2472
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
We could also all do some sort of roster split game. In fact, a multi-player game of some sort seems like something that should have been done before in this thread. Not sure if I missed it or not.
I think it's been tried a few times, mostly in TEW which I've never really been able to get into because of how in depth it is. I know that Champion of Europa and I did a split EWR game at one point, a loooooong time ago, probably back on the old boards. He booked Raw and I booked SmackDown, and we'd just swap the files to one another.

It was fun, we did a draft before starting the game and set the TV stations so that each of them had the max potential rating so we could fairly judge who was booking the best show.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #2473
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

And yeah, if I did a modern WWE game I'd stick to just monthly recaps and PPVs. I doubt I'd get started on it until next week at the earliest pending the results of WrestleMania. Frankly I might even just do a game booking WM 31 on my own and going from there.

Dunno. Not willing to say my NXT game is dead yet either, I've just been bogged down with other projects the last couple of weekends so my time to sit down and write is limited.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #2474
loopydate

ECW Hardcore TV (9/16/2003)

The show opens with Paul Heyman in his office backstage. "Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Paul Heyman. And two nights ago, Extreme Championship Wrestling proved that we are still the true innovators of pay-per-view with our Anarchy Rulz event. In six weeks, on October 26 we will return to pay-per-view with a show called Ultimate Jeopardy. On that show, the brand-new ECW World Heavyweight Champion, the Japanese buzzsaw Yoshihiro Tajiri will defend his title against the man who defeated Masato Tanaka two nights ago, Mister Pay-Per-View, Rob Van Dam! Thank you, and enjoy the show."

Steve Prazak and Joel Gertner welcome us to the show from inside the arena. They talk about tonight's huge Sabu/Tajiri main event as Erik Watts is making his entrance. Joe E. Legend is already in the ring waiting for him when suddenly, he's laid out by a steel chair by Ken Shamrock! Shamrock then blasts Watts with the chair as well! The former World Champion is on a rampage. He pummels both downed competitors, then clamps Legend in an ankle lock. Shamrock has, dare I say it, snapped and become a bad-ass submission machine!

"All-American Boys" hits as the referees clear the ring and Danny Davis the other ECW agents somehow get Shamrock over the barricade. The unlikely tandem of Little Guido and Nathan Jones are the Fabulous Rougeau Brothers' opponents tonight, but their lack of chemistry is overpowered by decades of partnership and the Quebec Press, and the Rougeaus pick up the victory.

Back from break ECW Television Champion Gedo is set to defend his championship against Jerry Lynn, who tore the house down against Low Ki at Anarchy Rulz. Lynn spends a good chunk of the match selling the beatdown from Ki, but he does eventually catch Gedo in a mistake and hits a cradle piledriver for the win! After the match, Lynn celebrates with the championship.

Christopher Daniels cuts a promo and is an unhappy bastard. He picked up a clean victory over Sabu two nights ago, but he's still looking around at a company that celebrates anarchy and wondering how it still functions. This place needs order, and the Fallen Angel is the one to bring it. Cue Metallica. "Enter Sandman" hits and the crowd goes ballistic. Daniels continues to deride the Extreme side of ECW while its poster child smashes a beer can against his forehead. It looks like we've got an impromptu match on our hands!

Sandman takes a swing at Daniels with his Singapore cane, but Daniels dodges to the floor to avoid it. Finally, Daniels disarms Sandman and begins working him over with actual wrestling maneuvers. Sandman does some brawling and manages one of his corner sentons, but eventually Daniels' superior speed and skill is too much, and he picks up the win with Angel's Wings.

Two nights ago, La Resistance won a threeway dance to become #1 contenders for the Tag Team Titles. Tonight, they cash in that title opportunity against Danny Doring and Roadkill! We've already had one title change tonight (and two in the last 48 hours), will we see a third tonight? It's a good match that sees a bunch of near-falls both ways. Doring heads to the top rope for his Danaconda legdrop, but he's shoved off by Cyrus The Virus! Rene Dupree takes advantage and covers Doring for the win. After the match, Cyrus helps Dupree and Grenier issue a bit of a beating to the former champs.

Cyrus grabs a microphone. He introduces Dupree and Grenier as his clients. He then motions to the back, and they're joined by Sonny Siaki, Little Guido, and Nathan Jones. Cyrus says that the six of them are The Infection. The Tag Team Titles were just the first step. Soon, this team will have infected all of Extreme Championship Wrestling!

Siaki remains in the ring after a commercial break. 2 Cold Scorpio makes his entrance, only to be blindsided by Ken Shamrock! Shamrock hits a massive belly-to-belly suplex on the stage, then sprints to the ring. He tackles Siaki, then begins raining elbows down on his face. ECW officials once again somehow manage to run him off, but the damage is done.

Backstage, Bill Alfonso is hyping up Rob Van Dam and Sabu. They hype Van Dam's title match with Tajiri in six weeks, but they also talk about Sabu's main event tonight against Tajiri. The roles are reversed from years ago when it was Van Dam softening up Bam Bam Bigelow for Sabu's TV Title match, and the irony or whatever it is (they're not real clear on what irony actually is) is not lost on them.

Our main event is everything you'd expect from Sabu and Yoshihiro Tajiri. Lots of super-stiff kicks and strikes, plus some high spots that don't QUITE work out like Sabu had planned. Lots of chairs, some tables, and one big Kick Of Death that ends the match. Tajiri stands over Sabu with the title as we go off the air.

Quick Results (Final Rating 1.45)
  1. Paul Heyman announces Rob Van Dam vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri for Ultimate Jeopardy
  2. Erik Watts vs. Joe E. Legend ends in no-contest when Ken Shamrock attacks both
  3. Fabulous Rougeau Brothers over Little Guido and Nathan Jones
  4. TELEVISION TITLE - Jerry Lynn over Gedo to win the title
  5. Christopher Daniels promo on Sandman
  6. Christopher Daniels over Sandman
  7. TAG TEAM TITLES - La Resistance over Doring & Roadkill to win the titles thanks to help from Cyrus The Virus
  8. Cyrus introduces The Infection (Little Guido, Nathan Jones, Sonny Siaki, and La Resistance)
  9. 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sonny Siaki ends in a no-contest when Ken Shamrock attacks both
  10. Bill Alfonso, Rob Van Dam, and Sabu cut a promo on RVD's match with Tajiri
  11. Yoshihiro Tajiri over Sabu
Ultimate Jeopardy 2003 Card so far (10/26)
  • ECW World Title: Rob Van Dam vs. Yoshihiro Tajiri (c)
Old 04-23-2015, 09:49 AM   #2475
Dukelorange
Embracing the deception..

Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)
This is cool stuff... Can someone give me the cliff notes about what this is all about and how this is done?
Dukelorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #2476
loopydate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukelorange View Post
This is cool stuff... Can someone give me the cliff notes about what this is all about and how this is done?
The two main games we use are EWR (Extreme Warfare Revenge, which is what Vito and I use) and TEW (not actually sure what it stands for, which is what Fan uses for his GFW game). They're booking simulators. EWR was made in 2003 and comes loaded with all the wrestlers and staff from that time. There are tons of fan-made mods with modern rosters or pretty much any historical period you can think of, or any "alternate reality" as well.

TEW is a much more advanced game. Because it originally cost money (EWR Has always been free), the creator (Adam Ryland) couldn't include real names. So it comes preloaded with made-up names and promotions. There are, naturally, a bunch of fan-made mods to include the real thing.

EWR is really simple. You can knock out a show in 15 minutes. TEW has a lot more options, so if you really want to dive deep, you could take an hour. The game, though, only provides so much information. These stories that we post are mostly just us expanding on what we've booked in-game for our own amusement.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:55 AM   #2477
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

Yeah, I've actually got TEW 2013 which cost money but is ridiculously in-depth. I've actually started a game where I take over WCW at the beginning of 2000 and try to keep it from going under but like loopy said, when you're sharing here, it's best to go into some detail past what the game gives you for the benefit of others. That's what keeps people from following up on their "dynasties". Having to write stuff out for just one or two people.

There are websites for people who are REALLY into the booking of dynasties and stuff and you can share/talk/getfeedback and stuff. I've just never really gotten THAT deep into it. I was always more comfortable just seeing if I could help build TPWW its own community but I don't think there's that many EWR/TEW players to keep it alive. Which is odd because with constant mods to keep up with the times, it really is a timeless game. Especially with all the flaws in WWE's current booking style.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:34 AM   #2478
Dukelorange

Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)Dukelorange is pretty cool (5,000+)
Where do you get these games... and what PC specs do you need to run them?
Old 05-01-2015, 08:35 AM   #2479
#1-norm-fan
Resident drug enabler

I'm not a computer whiz but they're not very flashy games. I assume they can run fine on any remotely decent PC.

You can download EWR, which is free and preferred by a lot of people because of its simplicity and the ability to quickly run through months of booking at a time here...

http://www.ewwarehouse.info/mod-index/ew-mod-index/

The very top one (EWR 4.2) being the latest. You can also find all the roster updates on that page. I suggest trying that one out first and seeing how you like it.

Then there's TEW, which is much more in depth but also more time consuming. The first version is free. You can download it, along with the roster updates here...

http://www.ewwarehouse.info/mod-index/tew-05-mod-index/

And finally, if you play those for a bit and want even more depth, there's TEW2013 which costs $35 but is so in depth that some people just can't find the time to basically devote their life to booking a wrestling company via a video game and stick to to free ones.

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/tew2013/
Old 05-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #2480
Dukelorange

This seems like a pretty great sim!!! Can you create characters and stick them in the sim.