TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Wrestlers you thought sucked but they were actually pretty good or great

The Brutus Beefcake HoF discussion got me thinking. A lot of people tend to take periods of certain wrassler's careers and decide that their entire body of work was the shits.

I was probably guilty for feeling this with Beefcake, but even watching OSW reviews I could see he had some good charisma, a great look, a cool gimmick, and the crowd loved him.

But my most egregious misconception of a wrestler was Sgt. Slaughter. He was so past his prime in 1991 and that was all I saw of him. Then I started watching him from the early 80s and he is legitimately an all-time IN-RING great aside from his cool gimmick. In the past months I've seen him have barnburners with Shiek and Shultz plus there's his epic motherfucker of a streetfight with Pat Patterson.

I also didn't give King Kong Bundy much credit but in the early-mid 80s he was 400 pounds and had the mobility of a 225 pounder. I've seen several of his matches that both had great heat and solid work.

Who were you wrong about?
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote