TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 01-27-2020, 01:24 AM   #961
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy Victim Vito View Post
I know there's a lot of talk about making WrestleMania a two-day thing, but I really think they could make the Royal Rumble a two-day thing now that they have two of them.
Unless they really up the quality of the undercard, rather they keep it as is but just have the two Rumble matches and nothing else.

Have like a 10-15 minute cool down break with expert panel stuff and Rumble packages to relax the crowd in between matches.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:29 AM   #962
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCrippyZ View Post
I agree with you on Edge. However, if you want to get Edge over, there are (at least) better/easier ways to do it. Edge would've ultimately been (just as) over finishing in the top 4-5 as he would've if he'd finished 2nd.

The problem is, it seems (so far at least), if you're not going to use Edge to put over someone like Rollins, or Drew, why the fuck is he being brought back? Outside of selling tix to WM, and Edge's own ego of course?

If you're being objectively honest, Lesnar and Edge were the biggest stars on the Rumble tonight, and it wasn't even close. If Edge is going to come back for more than a one off (where he needs and can afford to lose to more of a "nobody"), than his loss needs to come to someone other than Reigns.

Hell, Im' not even sure Rollins would truly benefit at this point. No one has effectively been built up enough to realistically make it worth Edge losing to them. It's quite pathetic.
Well you've got to bring Edge back into the fold before you start having people smash him, lol. And he did put over Drew -- Drew won the match here and he got eliminated to put his star into Roman for Roman to then put it into Drew.

He can't just walk in and get his ass tossed by the first person he works with and walk off waving to the crowd like he's Tommy Dreamer. He's got to mean something and people have to accept and know that he's back and in form before beating him means what it means to beat Edge.

Brock and Edge were the biggest stars on the show, sure. Someone's got to be. Brock is the champion and Edge is coming back after nine years on the shelf. But you had Orton and Reigns who I would argue are names on a similar standing. And, truthfully, Rollins is probably there. But that's kind of besides the point. Brock helped Keith Lee, Ricochet, Drew McIntyre (in a big way) and did some good shit himself. That's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrodmuc316 View Post
Is it just me, or did AJ either get injured and had to bail out, or did he botch the spot and accidentally get eliminated? He was out before Gallows even got there. Without all 3 in at the same time, there is zero reason for either Gallows or Anderson to be in the match for a shot at a singles championship.

The Brock stuff was good, although I agree they should have protected both Morrison and Nakamura better.

I was a big fan of MVP but what a waste of a spot. He came out, was to slow to catch Paul Heyman, then was eliminated. That would have been a better spot for Sheamus, Walter, Matt Hardy, etc.

And Rowan, why even waste all this time building him as a monster with squash matches and his caged whatever?
I can't remember if I said this out loud already or not, but Morrison is likely going to be in a tag team program with The New Day moving forward. He doesn't need to look like he is an immediate singles threat to the WWE Championship. And he doesn't look "bad" for being thrown out quickly by Brock. It was what it was.

Nakamura looks ace every time I see him. His presentation and his facial expressions. The outfit still isn't really my deal, but it looks a bit more stylized now. And he oozes charisma and he looked like a confident fucker getting in there with Brock.

If they do Bryan vs. Nakamura at WrestleMania, which I so, so, so hope they do now, then Nakamura is probably going to be in fine standing. But he's not about to headline a Mania himself or be that guy opening Raw with a 20-minute promo, so this was fine by me. And I love Nakamura.

With Rowan...I'm not sure if he's supposed to be a tippy-top guy. He's big. He probably works hard. He's got the goofy cage thing. He's probably best squashing guys much smaller than him and not being focused on as a headlining portion of Raw. Brock sold for him and got him out quick, which Brock sold as a strategic decision. It's not like they blew it all away with him. He'll be in his place, but that place is probably the Andre Battle Royal at Mania, so this is fine.

Quote:
This is so much hyperbolic buillshit and wishful thinking, it's pathetic and beyond you. I'm actually shocked you actually posted it because you're usually so much smarter and better than this type of nonsense. They haven't made a star in 15 years, despite a ridiculous number of attempts and multiple needs to do it.

It's ridiculous, but it seems like, for whatever reason, no one here really wants to truly acknowledge the reality of just how fucking stupid/senile and out of touch Vince really is. I don't get it, but it's getting pathetic and sad.
They haven't really needed a star. 15 years takes us back to Cena and Batista, who are stars, even if Cena wasn't accepted by the fans. But you also had Shawn Michaels, Edge, Randy Orton, Hulk Hogan, Triple H, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio floating around for a good while. Then you move into the "Rock's back" era where they tried with CM Punk, who is a star and it was not long before Brock came back and they started with The Shield (Project Reigns).

There hasn't really been a need, because they've been coasting on their brand name.

Is Vince out of touch? In many ways. But this was very clearly put together by someone with a vision. You can see what that vision is. It's Drew McIntyre as a top star, Seth Rollins as a top heel, AJ Styles as a working heel underneath, Samoa Joe, Kevin Owens and Alistair Black as your underneath/rising babyfaces, Orton and Edge as babyface legends and Ricochet as an underneath featured player. This was not "Hey, let's get guy (x) and give him a Rumble win to set up a title match with (random heel champion)." I know you want it to be that, but this was them getting a guy they've been protecting and have had featured into top and middle programs for a while, and move him into good standing with the fans so he can be that babyface and stay there.

Quote:
I know there's a lot of talk about making WrestleMania a two-day thing, but I really think they could make the Royal Rumble a two-day thing now that they have two of them.
I'm all for the progressive shit, but the Women's Royal Rumble is just unnecessary. It just doesn't play to their styles. A good Rumble is time for a shit-kicking. They don't have the brawlers for it, and their size means the work is getting seen through.

Set up angles and stories. Becky Lynch vs. Asuka was enough. One year in the making, Becky tries to avenge her loss at the same show. It makes sense, it tells a story. It can be your singles main event and you can promote the shit out of it. Charlotte can come out and cut a promo on the show talking about how ridiculous it is that The Queen doesn't get airtime at the Royal Rumble and she wants it to be known that she fully intends to challenge for the Women's Title and avenge her loss in the main event of WrestleMania last year and it's all "Becky, Becky, Becky" avenging her losses. Well, she's going to give that cunt something to avenge. If you want Bayley and Sasha involved, this is where you put them. "You've been acting like the Queen but you ain't the queen of shit." Cue them fighting and someone going through a Barbershop window.

That accomplishes the same shit, possibly even more and definitely better than having a bunch of women miss kicks, doing soft forearms, telegraphing their spots and struggling to flip themselves over ropes.

Quote:
My issue isn't necessarily with Drew winning. Yes, I think it was rushed for all the wrong reasons. However, my issue is with 1. the build to him winning, 2. how he won, and 3. the plans for what happens next. 1. He basically came out of nowhere and was rushed with no logical build to winning the Rumble after getting released years ago, i.e., no meaningful under card WWE title runs since 2013. 2. He beat guys who should and probably are significantly more talented and over than him, again with not justifiable build. 3. Vince will have no idea of how and what to do with him to keep and build on this momentum for him in the long term.
Drew's been back there since after Mania in 2018, lol. They've been protecting him since the move to Raw. I'm fairly certain he hasn't taken a pin since Owens on SmackDown. They didn't telegraph him winning, but he was surely one of the short-listed picks outside of Reigns and Velasquez. He seemed to be a lot of people's pick to do something with Brock at Mania. Had they done any direct story on Raw? No, but that's the story they were telling here. Brock was kind of "meeting" Drew for the first time. That's what this was about. Drew cutting bullshit promos on Raw about how he's going to win the Royal Rumble, blah, blah wouldn't do anything more. Winning the US Title only to drop the US Title and be visibly pinned wasn't going to do that either.

They're going to Mania with him. In the main event against Brock. You don't have to like it, but you almost literally can't have a more upwards direction than he's got right now lol.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:39 AM   #963
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
I went into this match not really loving Drew McIntyre. I even posted about it earlier. But he's very good at what he does, lol. And this show went a long way to making him a guy with potential to being a guy realizing it. It's been a long time since a wrestling story has actually been able to endear someone to me, so I'd say this was pretty fucking effective.
I'm kinda in the same boat. I didn't really get him when he came back and others were immediately pretty high on him. But a few months ago, I can't tell you exactly when, I started warming up to him. He's been slowly building steam all fall/winter and tonight, when he had his biggest opportunity to showcase himself thus far, he fucking shined. He played his part perfect. When he stared down Lesnar after the elimination until he left while still fighting a couple people off? You can't ask for a better performance than that. I'm sold on him being a very solid main eventer at this point. We'll see if he can run with the momentum now.

Also he is a v attractive dude. Easily top 5 in WWE. Say what you will, but you can't ask for a much better look for a guy at the top of your card.
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:49 AM   #964
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guru Dave View Post
Chelsea Green...interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock Jaw View Post
Chelsea Green theme familiar....
I'm playing catch-up. I just got here, and I thought it was going to be another "surprise" entrant in Summer Rae.
Tom Guycott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 01:52 AM   #965
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
He does have presence. And the nuance of the things he was doing with Brock were there. Like, he looked more "thoughtful" compared to a lot of the talent that would just get in there to get shit-canned. He looked confident, but hesitant. I liked that, because it shows that he thinks he can take Brock, but he's also weary of just exactly what he is.

And Brock went out of his way to make that shit look amazing and really sell it. You knew that was the Mania main event as soon as it happened.

And he's 6'5, 265lbs. He's in the right ballpark for a Rock/Triple H-sized guy that is going to pass the airport test and be a face you can put on magazines and lunchboxes at the same time. He's big enough, good looking enough and talented enough.

I think the tricky part will be coaxing that little bit of charisma out of him. It's all in his poise and how he's presented so far. You can lead a horse to water all you want, but at some point I think he needs to bubble over himself if he's going to really maximize the situation they're putting him in.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:52 AM   #966
Destor
I am the cheese

Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Destor makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Noid is on fire
Destor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:25 AM   #967
Rebecca Reigns

Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)Rebecca Reigns puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
My hubby did so well tonight!
Rebecca Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:30 AM   #968
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
According to PWInsider, Sasha Banks was originally planned to be one of the entrants in the Women's Rumble match but got swapped out in favor of Kelly Kelly instead at some point this past weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Sasha Banks was listed as a Rumble competitor over the weekend internally. We are told it appears Kelly Kelly ended up with her slot in the Rumble.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:32 AM   #969
Mr. Nerfect

When Brock left, Vince decided he wanted the WWE brand to be what sells. This was compounded when Bobby left in 2007 or whenever that was. Looking around at their business and the attention it's about to get because Vince McMahon will be a hot topic because of the XFL, they realize they could probably use some stars now.

In the past, they haven't cared because they are the only wrestling so you've got to watch what they put on and ask for a third, fourth and fifth hour of that shit. Now that they want to get house shows up, TV ratings up, etc. it might be a different tune. Also, they're signing guys for five year deals now, so they can probably justify feeding Drew McIntyre a lot and not worry about him deciding he wants to go and chase a dream of playing for the Rangers or trying his hand at kickboxing next year.
Old 01-27-2020, 02:34 AM   #970
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Smeat View Post
According to PWInsider, Sasha Banks was originally planned to be one of the entrants in the Women's Rumble match but got swapped out in favor of Kelly Kelly instead at some point this past weekend.
I haven't cared about Sasha in a while, but if they want people to care about her, leaving her out was probably the best thing for her. They can turn this into an angle or position fans behind by "shafting" her.

Personally, I think they're going to do Becky vs. Charlotte vs. Bayley vs. Sasha for both belts and that will be Sasha's in -- "the company screwed me by making sure I couldn't have a shot."
Old 01-27-2020, 02:54 AM   #971
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Tom Guycott makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Let's be real, Charlotte was always winning a Rumble eventually. They want to load up her resume as much as possible.

Best to just get it over with.
Yeah... just wish they wouldn't telegraph it so much, though. It felt a bit like that one year that they were bound and determined to get Roman over, and literally any of the other 29 people would have been a more interesting direction. Charlotte isn't ever dropping out of the main event picture; take that time to meaningfully start to build someone else.

Hell, part of it seemed like her winning was a setup just to show that Cricket commercial off like she was really talking to the anthropomorphic dildo right after her match.

I was also going to comment on Bayzler vs Flair showdown being the Queen of Spades vs The Queen of what I would presume to be diamonds (then, by figuring, I pictured the Divas of Doom being the Queen of "Harts" and the Queen of Clubs by proxy)... and her promo at the end kinda made it feel like I wouldn't have been as clever as I thought it sounded in my head.

Nice showing by both Bliss and Bianca. To have improved enough on both of their faults to be trusted to go as far in this thing as they did is one of those "testament to hard work" things... but I fear it will eventually mean nothing in short order given WWE's penchant to just let things go forgotten unless it fits some steadfast agenda (like Charlotte must win, or we need to continue Lana vs Liv). How long will Belair's eliminations be "impressive" enough to mention to this company? Hell, I thought they were going to be passed in the same match by the aforementioned Charlotte.

This seemed like the perfect opportunity to plant seeds for the Horsewomen vs Horsewomen feud by having Shayna win, or at least be the one who got rid of Charlotte so she can lord it over her. Then slowly start having the WWE Horsewomen get on the same page by neccessity.

Anyway, on with the show...
Old 01-27-2020, 03:24 AM   #972
Mr. Nerfect

I don't think Marina and Jessamyn are there, and if Ronda was ready to be back, she'd be back. They could have gone with Shayna winning to go against Becky or whatever, but they obviously have different plans.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:50 AM   #973
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
This seemed like the perfect opportunity to plant seeds for the Horsewomen vs Horsewomen feud by having Shayna win, or at least be the one who got rid of Charlotte so she can lord it over her. Then slowly start having the WWE Horsewomen get on the same page by neccessity.
Only problem is the other 2 MMA Horsewomen are pretty bad in the ring and supposedly regressed a lot after all the early hype they got in the PC and NXT house show circuit.

Like they barely are good enough to just be lackeys for Shayna.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:45 AM   #974
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:14 AM   #975
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1-wwf-fan View Post
What is going on here. I remember Bailey turning heel but there’s no way Lacey is a face, is she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nerfect View Post
Apparently she's pro-USA military super-mom now.
Her career is so relatively short, but she is already rivaling Big Show. Maybe I should find that picture of Top Man and re-edit it into her.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:18 AM   #976
Tom Guycott
I W C DEEZ NUTZ!

I honestly don't care for Marina or Jessamyn, for the record. I get that they suck, and Rousey is a *maybe*. But the rumor persists that the company wants it to happen, and you know how they like to keep trying to fit the apple into the triangle.

I didn't really see a problem with nWo Bayley. Lacey is still kinda awful, but got carried nicely. DB/Fiend surprised me, not so much because Daniel jobbed, but because Bray didn't. Refreshing not having him lose all the goddamn time.

Asuka/Lynch was great, and not just because I dig Becky and love me some Asuka. It was just a good ol' fashioned wrestling match. This was one where the ride was the fun, and the destination didn't matter. Liked the mist counter, though. On the subject of that, though, I selfishly wished she would be the one to re-introduce the progression in "danger" scale of mist colors to modern wrestling (green
Corbin and Reigns happened.

Men's rumble was nice, for the most part. I expected Lee or WALTER to show up to have a showdown with Brock. I didn't expect Drew. My only negative was that there were way, way too many "Let's draw attention to ourselves and form an alliance... SWERVE!" spots. It happens all the time, but here, it went way past the realm of self-parody. About the only one I liked was the teased betrayal of Orton on Edge, and when he got caught, he was just like "... hey, It's in my nature. Had to try."

Good job putting Drew over. My only fear is that WWE will squander this. Been burned too many times, even with them super selling his story about his release, rehire, and "finally getting his opportunity". Don't want Vince to just get bored with him and give up like as has been done with so many others.

On an unrelated note: why Edge and Sheamus? Not in a disparaging way, but the nature of their injury and why they had to step away... and now, those two and even Bryan being back on the active roster worries me. Next thing you know, WWE will announce they signed Shibata.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #977
Mr. Nerfect

They are not risking the bad pub of having Edge end up in a wheelchair. He's cleared enough to take bumps. I doubt we see him willingly do any TLC Matches or whatever, but he's good enough to go to the point that WWE aren't going to risk a story being published about Edge being paralyzed after taking a basic back bump when they let him back in the ring and reversed their medical decision.

It's like Bryan being back. Maybe he did have real lingering issues with concussions, but WWE is not going to get themselves dragged over the coals by having this guy's brain turn to mush under their watch.

We hear Sheamus has got spinal stenosis, but we're not sure the severity. I doubt they'd be using him if he weren't able to do the things he is doing. I'm sure they all take their toll, but that's his choice as he puts the miles on his body. I'm sure he's made enough money after being a toppish guy for a decade to not *need* to do this anymore, and they'd surely give him other things to do if he needed a paycheck.

Well, Kurt Angle gives me pause on that. But Kurt's always been a freak, so we don't really know what was going on there, and I think he only worked a handful of matches. More like a legend getting back in the ring than signing a guy to take bumps all the time.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:42 AM   #978
Triple A
Triple A

Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Triple A makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Meltzer says Shayna Baszler and Roman Reigns were originally scheduled to win the Royal Rumbles.

Quote:
This is confirmed. Shayna Baszler and Roman Reigns were scheduled to win the two Royal Rumbles. And then as they were trying to decide what was going to happen for WrestleMania, the decision was made instead to go with Charlotte Flair and Drew McIntyre.

The 14th would have been the day of the change because there was a lot of money that started being bet on Charlotte Flair on the 14th. Originally almost all of the money was coming in on Shayna Baszler.
Triple A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:57 AM   #979
erickman
king of sucks

erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)erickman puts the "bang" in Bangladesh (30,000+)
yep smart choice roman would get booed out of the building. 2020 the year of the uk with drew winning, marty taking over roh, an magnas still nwa champ.
erickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:11 AM   #980
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Best Moment of the Night: Edge’s return followed closely by Drew eliminating Brock

Worst Moment of the Night: Santina. Anthony Carrelli is transphobic and has openly spoken out against intergender wrestling in numerous interviews, presumably except for when he’s being paid to do it. Oh and he eliminated himself so there wasn’t even a feel good moment of someone chucking him out.
Evil Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 08:58 AM   #981
Lock Jaw
Loque Ja

Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Lock Jaw makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Guycott View Post
I'm playing catch-up. I just got here, and I thought it was going to be another "surprise" entrant in Summer Rae.
That's the one! Thanks!!
Lock Jaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:19 AM   #982
Seanny One Ball
World Class References

Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Seanny One Ball makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I see the fourth entrant lasted all of 41 seconds.

Someday #4 has to win this thing.
Seanny One Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #983
Jordan
It's a blood match!

Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Jordan makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
My thoughts on what stood out to me...

Becky/Auska had some slow moments but built so well to a great finish. I loved the idea of kickin the mist into her face for the win, really genius match layout. Becky's offense isn't GREAT all of the time, but Auska's is and Becky has great charisma and selling so this was really good.

Bray/Bryan... one of my favorite WWE matches I can remember in recent history. Bryan's genius was on display, what a well put together WWE gimmick match. Really top of the line. Great spots, super intense and realistic. Great job.

Women's Rumble - Had some spots that were fun but mostly it wasn't very good. Santino was bullshit, Shayna was great, I love Charlotte and it was a really cool finale when it was over.

Men's Rumble - Probably one of my top 3-5 favorite Rumble's ever. I LOVE strong angles in the Rumble. Flair's story, Austin/McMahon, HBK/Bulldog, Bret/Luger, CM Punk, Steven Austin...

Edge was so cool. So haggard looking lets but honest but balanced by literally no ring rust and amazing physical shape. I think the Orton match at Mania is ideal and such a cool thing that we get to see. Then later he can branch off against new talent he has no history with, but yeah starting with Randy makes the most sense.

Thank God Roman didn't win it would have ruined the whole match. He's great, I love him honestly he is so capable of being a great WWE babyface and having a great match but yeah... thank God he didn't win. However if they can build him up in a GREAT personal story with Feind for Mania then I will be very happy. They need to be work very hard to ensure that Feind doesn't get a baby face pop against Roman at Mania. I hope they make it a top concern.

Lesnar - What a fucking man. What a legend. I loved his work here. His part of the Rumble is probably my favorite story from a Rumble I can remember. Brock and Keith Lee was SO EXCITING. So cool of Brock to actually work 20min on a PPV! When Drew eliminated him Brock's selling was so cool. He took like 6 minutes to sell that kick and all of the exhaustion he was feeling.

Drew - It's your time big boy! Reach for the stars! Should be an amazing match with Lesnar. I can't wait to see what they do.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:26 AM   #984
Mr. Nerfect

I might have to go back and watch Bryan vs. Bray. I love me some Bryan, but don't care about Bray. But if the match was that good...
Old 01-27-2020, 10:27 AM   #985
Mr. Nerfect

I'm just thinking of how much better this overall show would have been if it were just the Men's Rumble. It's got to be so exhausting for the crowd. If you want to put Charlotte into position, there are so many better ways to do it.
Old 01-27-2020, 11:15 AM   #986
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Evil Vito makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I wonder how long Edge's return has actually been on the table. I'd guess the talks started all the way back at SummerSlam when they allowed him to give Elias a Spear. In response he stoked the flames a bit on the E&C podcast by saying that even though he'd be blown up, he feels he could work a match as he'd been doing his own stunts on TV and was leading a pretty active lifestyle in recent years. But he also made sure to add that WWE would never clear him.

But really it was a month or two later when he quit the podcast that it seemed like it'd actually happen. He cited time concerns for quitting but as best I could tell he would sit in a room in his house for only an hour or two a week and talk wrestling, sure felt like he was quitting because he wouldn't be allowed to be on a non WWE-sponsored show that talks about other promotions.
Old 01-27-2020, 01:23 PM   #987
Volare
Da Gif/Pic Pimp

Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Volare makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Lee had the fans behind him alright...

Volare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:28 PM   #988
xrodmuc316
RoBOT Reigns

xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)xrodmuc316 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I really hope that they move Charlotte over to Smackdown with that win. It's not just that I don't want to see her vs Becky again, but Smackdown has consistently under delivered since Bayley regained the title.

I don't care if Charlotte and Andrade are dating, they can be on different shows. It's not like they can't tour the other brands house shows. Hell give them an alternating schedule and an extra day off so they can travel to both Raw and Smackdown.
xrodmuc316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:12 PM   #989
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
So if the original plans were Baszler and Reigns winning and they shifted to Charlotte and Drew, I think we can easily speculate Roman is still facing the Fiend and they probably soured on Baszler getting a call up.

Also, I guess Edge didn't forget about this

Maybe they'll do Edge vs Seth in SA and go with Edge vs Randy at Mania.
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:32 PM   #990
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
So if the original plans were Baszler and Reigns winning and they shifted to Charlotte and Drew, I think we can easily speculate Roman is still facing the Fiend and they probably soured on Baszler getting a call up.
I don't think they soured on Baszler getting the call-up...they just decided they wanted to add a Rumble win to Charlotte's resume and will find another path for Baszler to get to a Mania match. Probably just her showing up and wrecking Becky and/or Charlotte on Raw.

There have been numerous times in the two title era where the last two in the Rumble wind up being the Mania challengers anyway.
Old 01-27-2020, 04:44 PM   #991
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
I don't think they soured on Baszler getting the call-up...they just decided they wanted to add a Rumble win to Charlotte's resume and will find another path for Baszler to get to a Mania match. Probably just her showing up and wrecking Becky and/or Charlotte on Raw.

There have been numerous times in the two title era where the last two in the Rumble wind up being the Mania challengers anyway.
I can't see them doing Baszler vs Bayley at Mania. Baszler pretty much had to face Becky at Mania. Charlotte vs Bayley doesn't make sense either.
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #992
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Could see Baszler be put on Smackdown to boost the star power there and hold off on a potential Becky vs. Baszler match till after the next Shakeup happens or even till Survivor Series.

Had Triple H not completely screw up NXT's call-up process because of potential ego reasons, Baszler would have been called up months ago and would have gotten as much focus as Charlotte did for potential Rumble winners. Instead WWE waited too long for her potential call up and a Becky vs. Baszler feud for Mania probably would end up feeling rushed.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:11 PM   #993
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
I can't see them doing Baszler vs Bayley at Mania. Baszler pretty much had to face Becky at Mania. Charlotte vs Bayley doesn't make sense either.
The women’s division on Smackdown has been a big nothing and Charlotte is likely viewed as star power for over there. Not worried about the whole thing with Charlotte, Andrade, Zelina, and Aleister being a package deal because everyone shows up wherever during Mania season and they’ll probably have yet another draft after Mania.

It never made sense for Becky and Charlotte to both be on Raw and nobody wants to see Charlotte/Becky for the millionth time.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:12 PM   #994
Mr. Nerfect

If Baszler is getting called up, now is the perfect time. She’s just lost the NXT Women’s Title in one of the best pieces of business they’ve done down there.
Old 01-27-2020, 05:19 PM   #995
Evil Vito
President of Freedonia

I'm hoping Edge is something of a special attraction vs. wrestling on Raw regularly but if he does the latter I can see an OC vs. Edge/Hawkins/Ryder 6-man tag one week. Wouldn't surprise me if Edge requests a match like that because he's still tight with the Edgeheads and probably wants to give them the "rub" of teaming with him even though they're a jobber team.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #996
DAMN iNATOR
Rigged from the start

DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)DAMN iNATOR makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
I'm hoping Edge is something of a special attraction vs. wrestling on Raw regularly but if he does the latter I can see an OC vs. Edge/Hawkins/Ryder 6-man tag one week. Wouldn't surprise me if Edge requests a match like that because he's still tight with the Edgeheads and probably wants to give them the "rub" of teaming with him even though they're a jobber team.
Would he even be medically cleared to do more than the extremely occasional one-off match of likely a very short duration though? I have my doubts.
DAMN iNATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #997
Mr. Nerfect

I think he'll do more than people think. Most weeks he'll just be there in spirit, or cut a promo or Spear someone -- basically have a night off -- but I do think you'll get Edge matches on Raw, smaller PPVs and even house shows.
Old 01-27-2020, 06:28 PM   #998
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Old 01-27-2020, 06:38 PM   #999
Blonde Moment
It's all Bullshit

Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
edge wasn't back 2 minutes before he injured someone. nice
Blonde Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:51 PM   #1000
Mr. Nerfect

I'm not fan of Corbin's, but they are. Working with that mentality, and given that Corbin isn't exactly HORRIBLE -- he's just boring -- working with Matt Riddle between NXT and SmackDown heading into Mania could be a great program that cross-pollinates. You've got the big football/boxer "fuck yo' indies" guy against the laid back UFC fighter that doesn't fit the corporate mould. There's something there.

I don't think WWE does it. I don't think the emphasis they placed on that was anything more than a one-time thing. But I would be pushing for it, because I can't think of anything better for Corbin to do, and I think having some of the more outstanding NXT guys appear on SmackDown more often is probably in their best interests.