TPWW Forums  

Go Back   TPWW Forums > w r e s t l i n g > wrestling forum

Old 10-22-2018, 01:24 PM   #2321
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Undertaker dealing w/ chronic knee pain right now:

http://www.bodyslam.net/2018/10/22/t...nic-knee-pain/
slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #2322
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slik View Post

well he is a geriatric.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #2323
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:

Considering his health issues in recent years and him looking out of shape at Super Show-Down, not surprised at all. WWE made a huge mistake not making Taker-HHH a short match like with Mania to preserve his remaining wrestling health.

Wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens with Rey Mysterio in the near future since his schedule back with the WWE barely has any real time off for rest.
Emperor Smeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:54 PM   #2324
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They've got this idea that main events always need to be "epics." So many featured matches at big shows would have gotten so much more out of being shorter and simply went about achieving their goals (Jerry Lawler killing Michael Cole, Bret Hart killing Vince McMahon, etc.).

The Undertaker was dealing with an arthritic knee in 1999.
Mr. Nerfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:56 PM   #2325
Mr. Nerfect

Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Mr. Nerfect makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
On Wrestling Observer Radio Dave Meltzer said the reason for the Daniel Cormier tryout on commentary (when it happens) is because FOX has asked for him to do play-by-play for SmackDown when it moves, as they really like him doing play-by-play for UFC.

Dave said FOX thinks Cormier will help give the product a more 'sports feel' and re-iterated that a 'sports-feel' is what FOX is indicating they want for Smackdown (translation : no more New Day/R-Truth segments)
That makes sense, but it's still a bit baffling to me that you pick up a Vince McMahon product when Vince McMahon doesn't do a sports presentation. It'd be like signing a Tim Allen sitcom and saying "Hey, can you have some modern jokes mixed with drama." Like, I get there isn't that alternative on a major level for wrestling right now, but it's just a square peg/round hole thing to me.

I give it less than six months before Cormier is in angles, by the way.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:24 PM   #2326
slik
Trickster Demon

slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)slik makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Meltzer reporting on WO Radio that Lashley is injured, not sure if he'll take time off or needs to yet though
Old 10-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #2327
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Emperor Smeat makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Today's Dirty Sheets:

SPOILER: show
WWE once again rumored to be planning to use the main event of the all-women Evolution event just to hype up Survivor Series. Rumored to be calling up the rest of the MMA 4 Horsewomen for Ronda and debut as a group there during the match.

Currently unknown if WWE will have Nikki lead Team WWE against MMA 4HW at Survivor Series or rush WWE 4HW together as a group for Survivor Series.

Also currently rumored Charlotte is beating Becky at Evolution since WWE wants Charlotte to look strong for the potential Ronda-Charlotte Mania tease at Survivor Series.

Spoiler tags used since its related to potential plans for Evolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer
A combination of the lack of baseball competition and the shocking news of Roman Reigns' leukemia diagnosis led to Raw being up six percent last night and averaging 2.54 million viewers ...

Women stuck with the third hour at a higher percentage than men, which is different from the usual pattern, and likely related to more interest in any follow-up on Reigns.

However, in the 18-49 demo, 41.5 percent of women stayed for the Evolution special, while 42.3 percent of men 18-49 stayed for the special.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.61 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.62 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.41 million viewers
Quote:
The broadcast team for Sunday's Evolution pay-per-view is set.

WWE has confirmed that Michael Cole, Renee Young, and Beth Phoenix will be on commentary for Evolution. That's the same commentary team that has called this year's Mae Young Classic.

Before the main card begins, there will be an hour-long pre-show on the WWE Network starting at 6 p.m. Eastern time. It will feature Young, Phoenix, and Paige. Lilian Garcia, JoJo, and Kayla Braxton will be the ring announcers, Braxton and Charly Caruso will be on the red carpet, and interviews will be done by Dasha Fuentes, Cathy Kelley, and Sarah Schreiber.
Link: https://www.wwe.com/shows/wweevoluti...-wwe-evolution

Quote:
Cody Rhodes' first IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship defense will be taking place at next month's Global Wars tour.

ROH announced today that Cody will defend the IWGP United States title against Beretta at Global Wars: Toronto on November 11. They've been building up a match against each other, which has included Beretta issuing a challenge to Cody at an NJPW Road to Power Struggle show and Cody tweeting out a poll asking if Beretta deserves a shot at the title.
Link: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/co...eretta-toronto

Quote:
Braun Strowman wrote about his friendship with Reigns: “I’ve been in many wars with this man. He’s been my biggest rival on tv!!!! But behind the scenes he’s one of my closest friends!!!! He’s is one of the toughest men I’ve ever met and I have no doubt he’ll kick leukemia’s ass and and be back to battling with me soon and I can’t wait. You and your family are in my prayers. Love you Big UCE!!!!! #FUCancer”
Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpQhh68l...y=adamscherr99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Post Wrestling
The WWE’s “Road to Evolution” special that aired immediately after Raw averaged 1,114,000 viewers on the USA Network.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrestlingInc
The "Road to Evolution" special that aired on the USA Network after last night's RAW did not air on the WWE Network as originally scheduled. It will now premiere on the Network this Thursday at 8pm ET. The thirty-minute special will also air on Wednesday night on the E! network after Total Divas goes off the air.
Quote:
Indies Roundup:
Christopher Daniels vs. Juice Robinson has been added to ROH’s Global Wars show in Lewiston, Maine on November 7. The Young Bucks vs. Bully Ray & Silas Young is also set for Lewiston. Tetsuya Naito will face Hangman Page in Lowell, Massachusetts on November 8, and Jay Lethal vs. Chris Sabin in a proving ground match (if Sabin wins, he gets a future shot at Lethal’s ROH World title) is set for November 9 in Buffalo, New York.

Daniels is the final entrant in this year’s Survival of the Fittest tournament.

Joey Janela will have surgery on his knee this Friday. He tore a number of ligaments in his knee back on 9/21 in a match against Psicosis.

Nick Aldis will defend the NWA Worlds Heavyweight title against Billy Gunn at a CWA event in Puerto Rico on December 16.

Joey Ryan & Hornswoggle, forming a tag team called “Size Matters”, will make their MLW debut as a team in Chicago on November 8. Joey Ryan & Swoggle form a tag team called Size Matters and face the Dirty Blonds on the 11/8 MLW show in Chicago. That's the show headlined by Pentagon Jr. & Rey Fenix vs. L.A. Park & El Hijo de L.A. Park.

Marko Stunt vs. Ace Romero has been added to the November 8 MLW tapings in Chicago.

Not only is Impact moving from 10 p.m. to midnight Thursday on Pop TV, but there is no midnight replay this week. Impact also moves to 10 p.m. in Canada on The Fight Network. The show is also moving to 11:30 p.m. on Game TV in Canada.
ROH: https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ch...rvival-fittest , Janela: https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/statu...66083549757442 , NWA: https://www.facebook.com/cwapr/videos/1928509970778067/ , MLW: http://wrestlingnews.co/mlw-news/joe...-november-8th/ & https://mlw.com/2018/10/23/ace-romer...nt-in-chicago/

Quote:
The new main event for Crown Jewel is scheduled between Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman on November 2nd with the winner becoming Universal champion. The Crown Jewel show itself is in a state of flux. Tony Maglio at The Wrap is reporting that the WWE will decide the fate of the Crown Jewel event on Wednesday. The Turkish government was scheduled to release their findings into the murder of Jamal Khashoggi on Tuesday and it could sway the WWE’s decision to go to Saudi Arabia. Robbie Fox of Barstool Sports adds that the company is “frantically scouting locations to move Crown Jewel to. This is NOT definite confirmation that it’s out of Saudi Arabia, but the location and date are unquestionably in major jeopardy right now.”

The timing is important of the WWE’s deadline to make a decision. On Thursday, they are scheduled for their quarterly investor’s call and earnings report being released. I would imagine this subject will dominate the investor’s call and it’s going to be a tough position for the WWE to take if they stick to their plan of running Crown Jewel in Riyadh. Conversely, you will have shareholders and analysts also question the financial windfall of pulling out of the show and future repercussions to the deal with the General Sports Authority. This deal is a mess for the company and it’s a matter of mitigating rather than avoiding because any choice they make is going to have a backlash.
Quote:
Robbie Fox had reported Monday that John Cena and Daniel Bryan were refusing to work the Crown Jewel. I was told that on Monday afternoon, creative was informed that John Cena was off the show and they did have a replacement in mind. On Monday’s Raw, Cena was still being advertised and mentioned in a promo by Kurt Angle as participating in the World Cup. That tells me there is still hope they can work out a deal with Cena, or if the event moves it could eliminate whatever reservations Cena has. It’s worth mentioning, I was not given the specific reason for Cena’s removal from Crown Jewel.
Quote:
The only mention of Roman Reigns’ prior battle with leukemia was a vague reference by sports writer Justin Rogers in a 2015 article. The story focused on footballer player Calvin Johnson and his former Georgia Tech teammate, Joe Anoa’i. The article mentioned Anoa’i going undrafted and then, “As a free agent, Anoa’i got a shot with the Minnesota Vikings and Jacksonville Jaguars, but a serious illness forced him to take some time off.”
Quote:
WWE issued a new survey gauging fan interest on possible features for an upgraded tier on the Network. They wrote: "WWE is considering a new premium tier for WWE Network, offering more content, features and perks. This tier would be available for $15 per month."

The survey stated that the new tier would include exclusive streaming content, such as live monthly Saturday Night Main Event shows, special live events, as well as current and archived ICW and Progress Wrestling events. Non-streaming features with the new tier would include free shipping on merchandise purchased on WWE Shop, a WWE rewards program where you receive points for money spent on the premium subscription or on WWE Shop, early access to live event tickets, automatic entries into WWE-themed sweepstakes and the ability to stream and download WWE content on up to 4 devices concurrently (instead of 2).

Elsewhere in the survey were questions about viewing habits, other promotions like NJPW and ROH airing on the Network, what other benefits fans would be interested in and more.
Quote:
Scott Hall celebrated a milestone birthday on Saturday as the WWE Hall of Famer turned 60 years old. Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson tweeted Hall a happy birthday message and said he often studied Hall's matches while wrestling in Memphis, Tennessee (in 1996 for the United States Wrestling Association, which also served as a developmental promotion for the World Wrestling Federation). The Rock said Hall heavily influenced his "work style."

I studied the f--k outta Scott's work and while working for Jarret in Memphis, I watched his matches nightly back at my apt. Big influence on my work style. Happy Birthday Bad Guy ????
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) October 21, 2018

Hall responded:

You took it to another level Rock. Thanks for the birthday wishes https://t.co/K000me5Rzu
— Scott Hall (@SCOTTHALLNWO) October 21, 2018
Links: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1053935376484761600 , https://twitter.com/SCOTTHALLNWO/sta...45553606840325

Some other sheet news:
  • Besides wrestlers, ROH and Madison Square Garden sent messages of support for Roman Reigns in his battle with leukemia. https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/stat...06109175926784 , https://twitter.com/TheGarden/status...50297632296960
  • PWTorch's Wade Keller reported Roman Reigns' speech last night was not something planned nor known backstage prior to the show. Creative originally had plans for him to give a different promo and same for RAW's booth being legit caught off guard with his farewell.
  • In a "WWE Did You Know" type fact, today is the 18th anniversary of the passing of Yokozuna.

Some stuff from TPWW Frontpage:
Old 10-23-2018, 10:10 PM   #2328
Mr. Nerfect

Dammit, Dwayne -- Jarrett used to spell his name out for you and you still get it wrong and say you're friends with the family.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:11 PM   #2329
Mr. Nerfect

WWE's tiered pricing system is basically them admitting that they can't get new Network subscribers and have to milk more money out of their current ones.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #2330
Mr. Nerfect

They really should have just used the Network for old PPVs and the occasional special. I guess NXT and the Takeovers and stuff too, but NXT would benefit from being on proper TV -- or they could pitch the Takeovers to other places.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:26 AM   #2331
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

They tried that model initially but while its great for launch, its not sustainable if you want to actually grow and maintain a healthy subscription base.

Even MLB and NFL realized their vast vaults mean nothing if your not constantly supplying new content since that is what people care for the most. Same with Netflix and their constant buying of new films and shows to keep up the interest for subscribers.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #2332
LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)LibSuperstar has a good deal of rep (10,000+)
If they uploaded some Capitol Wrestling footage I'd be up for it.
LibSuperstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 09:28 PM   #2333
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Today's Dirty Sheets:

Quote:
Coming off last week's highly-rated 1,000th episode, SmackDown viewership dropped 18 percent this week to the second-lowest number of the year. At just 2.087 million viewers, this was also the fourth-lowest number since SmackDown moved to its live format.

This came despite the fact that Raw was up this week, and was likely due to SmackDown airing opposite the World Series. Game one between the Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers averaged almost 14 million viewers, and ratings juggernaut NCIS on CBS cracked 11 million viewers.

SmackDown was down over 22 percent year-over-year and retained just 82 percent of the Raw audience from the night before, which may have been inflated due to curiosity about the health of Roman Reigns.

SmackDown finished eight for the night on cable in terms of total viewers, which is right in the normal range.
Quote:
WWE and EVOLVE have made a couple of announcements concerning WWE wrestlers working upcoming EVOLVE shows.

As was announced earlier this month, Mustafa Ali will be wrestling at EVOLVE 115 in Livonia, Michigan on November 9 and EVOLVE 116 in Oak Lawn, Illinois on November 10. Ali's opponents were revealed today, with him facing DJZ in Michigan and Darby Allin in Illinois.

Kassius Ohno is set to wrestle at EVOLVE 117 in Queens, New York on December 15 and EVOLVE 118 in Deer Park, New York on December 16. He'll also be a guest trainer at a seminar that WWN is holding in Long Island on December 16.

EVOLVE Tag Team Champions Chris Dickinson & Jaka issuing an open challenge has been set up for EVOLVE 114 in Ybor City, Florida this Sunday. On Twitter, it's being teased that The Street Profits (NXT's Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) will be the team to face Dickinson & Jaka.
Links: https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe-205-li...olve-wrestling & https://twitter.com/AngeloDawkins/st...75916520841216

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
WWE Network News is reporting that the following Brothers of Destruction matches will be this week's "Hidden Gems" added tomorrow on the streaming service:

RAW 04/16/2001 – Destruction After Dark

The Brothers of Destruction look to put the brakes on Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H’s power trip in this rarely seen moment from RAW.

OVW 06/30/2001 – Destruction Comes to OVW

The Undertaker has a big surprise in store for the team of Diamond Dallas Page and Leviathan when he brings his brother Kane to OVW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI/Post Wrestling
Indies Roundup:
MLW issued the following: BRIAN PILMAN JR. VS. TOMMY DREAMER IN A BATTLE FOR RESPECT ON NOVEMBER 8 IN CHICAGO AT MLW FIGHTLAND. CHICAGO – Following a violent attack on Kevin Sullivan, the Hart Foundation’s Brian Pillman Jr. wants to add the head of another legend to his mantle: the “Innovator of Violence” Tommy Dreamer… and Dreamer has accepted the challenge.

CMLL star Rush has been booked for the 12/13 and 12/14 MLW events in Miami, Florida.

In regard to rumors of European star WALTER coming in [MLW], there are no current plans for that. The two sides had contact several months ago but nothing came of it and they've had zero communication since.

Chris Jericho announced Wednesday that the Rock ‘N Rager cruise is now sold out. The cruise boards on Saturday from Miami and sails to the Bahamas and returns October 31st. There is a huge list of wrestlers and personalities that are part of the cruise, including a big tag match with Jericho & The Young Bucks vs. Kenny Omega, Cody & Marty Scurll, as well as the Sea of Honor tournament. Talent from Ring of Honor and Impact Wrestling will be on the cruise and the Bucks will have an inter-promotional match against Santana & Ortiz of LAX. Select matches will be airing on Honor Club and FITE TV on Saturday, November 3rd.

The El Rey Network will be airing an all-day marathon next Wednesday Lucha Underground’s fourth season leading into the first part of Ultima Lucha at 8 pm Eastern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Former WWF and WCW star Samu Anoa'i publicly revealed today that he is battling stage four liver cancer and is waiting for a liver transplant.

Anoa'i revealed his battle during a Facebook post this morning addressing complaints about t-shirts he began selling this week, which some criticized as being exploitative after Roman Reigns announced the return of his leukemia.

Quote:
I want to take a minute to address the situation with myself and that of my family.

I recently have posted I am selling shirts “Anoa’i Strong”

These shirts have been for sale for many years and in light of the current situation that has struck myself and my family, I have decided to change the shirts to various colors for cancer.

My cousins news has struck the world and we are all devastated at this time. What many of you may or may not know is I am also dealing with stage 4 liver cancer and am currently waiting for God’s grace to help me get a transplant.

I am an elder member of my family and in no way am I or my family attempting to profit from any serious sickness. Instead, I want to use our name in order to help doctors and researchers find ways to cure this evil sickness.

I do not endorse or will I ever endorse profit on the misfortune of others or myself or that of my family.

I want all of my friends, family and fans to know we will always remain “Anoa’i Strong.” and these shirts will remain for sale and we will be speaking with various cancer organizations on how we can help.

Until you can stand in the shoes we stand in you will never know the pain and the struggle we endure daily.
Over the course of his run in professional wrestling, Samu has worked as the third member of the Wild Samoans, headlined Madison Square Garden, worked World Class and the NWA/WCW with Fatu (later Rikishi) as the Samoan SWAT Team and then returned to WWF with Fatu as the Headshrinkers. He currently operates WXW out of Allentown, PA and has competed for MLW at their BattleRiot event in NYC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Do you think that the reaction to Becky Lynch is similar to that of Daniel Bryan, while inadvertently, making Charlotte the female Roman Reigns?

Becky definitely has the Bryan role. The fans have gotten behind her and want to cheer her and see her reach the summit. I don’t think they hate Charlotte like they did Reigns, for the simple reason that Becky got the Title. WWE didn’t want to give the Title to Bryan so that made the fans angry at whoever got pushed in his place. Now, if that ends up being what they do with Becky, we can revisit it then.
From PWI's weekly Q&A articles on the similarities between Becky Lynch and Daniel Bryan in terms of crowd support and WWE's stubbornness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
With Roman Reigns' health issues, all early plans for Wrestlemania 35's main event picture are now out the window we are told.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
As of this morning, tickets still have yet to go on sale for the 11/2 Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia.

However, the first set of WWE staff members working the show are scheduled to travel there within the next day with the remaining heading over there following the next set of TV tapings. The talk at this week's TV among staffers was about traveling to Saudi Arabia, so everyone is under the impression they are going as nothing else has been communicated to them by management.

If WWE is going to change plans, they will have to do so very soon.
Quote:
Inside the Ropes has announced three speaking events with The Undertaker for 2019. The Undertaker will be doing shows on April 30th in London, England, May 1st in Glasgow, Scotland, and May 2nd in Manchester. Tickets for the three shows go on sale next Wednesday at www.insidetheropes.co.uk.
Quote:
We've noted how Alexa Bliss reportedly suffered a concussion at Saturday's WWE live event in Hartford, which has her status up in the air for Sunday's Evolution match with Mickie James against WWE Hall of Famers Lita and Trish Stratus. PWInsider reports that the belief is Bliss suffered either a concussion or a broken nose as both stories are going around backstage. WWE kept Bliss off TV this week as they wanted her to heal up to make sure she's good to go for Evolution. As pointed out earlier this week, Bliss indicated that she's been at home but she's still planning on being at Evolution as she has new merchandise dropping.
Quote:
Triple H posted the following to reveal the following theme songs for the WWE NXT "Takeover: War Games II" event during Survivor Series weekend in Los Angeles - "Wonderful Life" by Bring Me The Horizon, "Mariana Trench" by Nita Strauss, "Voices" by Motionless In White.

.@WWENXT's War Ensemble…@MIWband, @BMTHOfficial, and @HurricaneNita are #NXTLOUD. #NXTTakeOver: WarGames #WeAreNXT pic.twitter.com/LiI322BnD8
— Triple H (@TripleH) October 24, 2018
https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1055190098013229058

Quote:
Roman Reigns announcing on RAW this past Monday night that he was vacating the WWE Universal Championship due to his battle with leukemia continues to be the talk of the wrestling world. Reigns revealed that he's been living with leukemia for the past 11 years and it has returned.

Leukemia is a serious form of cancer with an average five-year survival rate (the percentage of patients alive five years after the disease is diagnosed) of 57% in the United States. Reigns has not specified the type of leukemia that he has. There are many types of leukemia, however acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) are the most common in young adults.

According to Cancer.org, the total treatment time for ALL is 2 years. Treatment for AML varies depending on if chemotherapy is required, but in total it can be several months to a year.

While Reigns had never publicly revealed his previous battle with leukemia until this week, an article at MLive.com in June of 2015 stated that Reigns was forced to leave the Jacksonville Jaguars of the NFL because of "a serious illness" before signing with the Canadian Football League. Reigns was released from the Jaguars in August of 2007 before signing with the Edmonton Eskimos of the CFL in 2008 and playing for the Eskimos that fall.

Assuming MLive.com's report is accurate, that would mean that Reigns was out of action for about 10 months, since his last game with the Jaguars was in August of 2007 and he played for the Eskimos in the 2008 CFL season, which started that June.
Quote:
SmackDown General Manager Paige was backstage for last night's TV show in Newark but she was not used in an on-camera role. The decision was made to put SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon on the show this week as he eases back into a regular TV role. PWInsider adds that WWE officials still love Paige in her role as General Manager.
Quote:
Could the nWo be up for a WWE Hall of Fame induction in the near future?

Reddit user thegumpguy posted about meeting WWE Hall of Famer Kevin Nash at the Gump City Con in Mobile, Alabama this past weekend and said Nash claimed the upcoming nWo reunion is being done to gauge interest on a potential WWE Hall of Fame induction for the group.

Thegumpguy wrote on Nash, "No line at his booth, so I had plenty of time to talk to him, even gave him a cigar. ... He did a Q&A panel and discussed the upcoming nWo reunion and how it's just a bunch of Q&A parties to gauge interest for inducting them into the Hall of Fame" ...

There's no word yet on who the induction would be for but it could be for the original nWo - Hogan, Hall and Nash. The group featured more than 50 members since it was first put together in 1996.

Nash revealed at the convention that he's a big fan of Bayley and Sasha Banks, and that they would have been a welcomed addition into the nWo. Thegumpguy also noted how Nash said Jim Cornette is bitter about how the wrestling business has changed, and how he doesn't get why Joey Ryan is so popular as he thinks Ryan's gimmick is crass & not in good taste.
Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...in_nash_today/

Quote:
The Rock has been pretty savvy about avoiding controversy throughout his career, but a months-old social media post has inserted himself into the Saudi Arabia situation.

Six months ago, The Rock posted on Instagram that he had the pleasure of having dinner with Mohammed bin Salman, the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. Rock described it as a "fascinating experience" and one that he "asked a lot of questions. Listened and learned."

CNN reporter Oliver Darcy uncovered that old Instagram post and blasted The Rock for it.

This Instagram post from @TheRock did not age well. Reached out to his publicist several times today to see if he has any new thoughts on MBS, but no response. pic.twitter.com/N538sD52X1
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) October 19, 2018

The Rock responded by calling Darcy's post "clickbait" and urged him to go back and read what he said in the Instagram caption.

Such a silly, clickbait post, Oliver. Im surprised you'd post this. Go back and really read my words. I listened and learned then. As I listen and learn now. C'mon man
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) October 20, 2018

Darcy responded with a tweet of his own in which he asked Rock if his opinion on bin Salman has changed over time.

You had dinner with a brutal authoritarian, playing a role in his PR campaign to convince the West that he was, as you'd say, someone with "modern views." Then you gushed about it on social media. Ppl look up to you. Do you regret giving him a platform? Has your opinion changed? https://t.co/yPHazTLIRt
— Oliver Darcy (@oliverdarcy) October 20, 2018

Rock hasn't responded to Darcy's latest post but he becomes the latest member of the WWE family to appear to, in some way, defend Saudi Arabia. However, Rock's post is from April 2018 and was before journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

Others who have more blatantly defended Saudi Arabia include JBL who commended the country for promoting change and Randy Orton who said going to Saudi Arabia for Crown Jewel would "make things better everywhere."
Quote:
WWE has a new poll asking fans who won the war of words between The Bella Twins and RAW Women's Champion Ronda Rousey over the last two weeks. As of this writing, 77% voted for Rousey.

Old 10-25-2018, 10:12 PM   #2334
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Today's Dirty Sheets:

Quote:
WWE took in $188.4 million in revenue in quarter three and ended with a $33.6 million profit. For a comparison, the first two quarters profit was a combined $21.8 million. Last year's third quarter had $186.4 million in revenue and $21.8 million in profits.

However, there were negative signs, in that the profit increase was due to a $15.6 million benefit provision from income taxes, so if you take that out, operating income fell from $31.1 million last year to $18.0 million this year ...

The major difference was an increase in spending which was not offset by the much smaller increase in revenue. In addition, while TV rights fees continue to increase, live events and consumer products were significantly down, to the point where the live events are barely breaking even, with just $120,000 in live event profits for the combined months of July through September.

Vince McMahon said that he has always considered live event attendance as the barometer of how well they are doing, that he knows what is wrong and said they are antiquated, that he knows how to fix it and that they will turn around.

They also said the long-term goal is to have Performance Centers all over the world in every major market and that they are working on major changes for the business. During the call, the company said that the show in Saudi Arabia was a sensitive subject and they would say nothing more than their statement earlier today.

The WWE Network had 1,615 subscribers on September 30, broken down as 1,186,000 in the U.S. and 429,000 outside the U.S. At this time last year, the numbers were 1,507,000 subscribers broken down as 1,106,000 in the U.S. and 401,000 outside the U.S.

However, that is misleading due to discount subscribers, as while during the quarter, the average for the quarter was nine percent more subscribers than last year (at the end that dropped to seven percent due to weaker performance at the very end of the three months and stronger performance in the earlier portion), the revenues were only up two percent, meaning far more people were paying lower rates ...

Arena attendance, averaging 4,500 fans in quarter three in the North American market, was the lowest in many years.

Even with the declines in key indicators of overall popularity, the television rights fees will keep the company at record profit levels going forward.
Some notes from today's fiscal report and investor's meeting by the WWE.

Quote:
Kevin Kay, a huge figure in MMA history and to an extent pro wrestling, is out after more than 20 years with Viacom. Kay was running the Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT. Kent Alterman will take over Paramount, TV Land, Comedy Central, MTV, VH1 and will also be the man in charge of Bellator. Key helped create the environment where Raw could command real money in TV rights in a 2000 deal with WWE, and also green lit UFC on television in 2005, TNA on television in 2005, and purchased Bellator. He literally saved TNA which was on the verge of shutting down, may have saved UFC and basically gave it life, and made Bellator stable. He was a big combat sports fan and his being out could lead to major changes in the future with a new person in charge of Bellator.
Quote:
Cody on Twitter kind of outright said he wouldn't be working the ROH/NJPW Madison Square Garden show in April. He wrote, "I am not on that show." It's notable also because the group of Cody, Young Bucks, Hangman Page and Kenny Omega have talked of sticking together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The scheduled WWE talent appearance on today's Megyn Kelly Show on NBC has been scrapped as Kelly is in the middle of a controversy after she defended the idea of using Blackface for Halloween costumes, which as you might imagine, received an extremely negative response.

Kelly was taken to task by her fellow NBC broadcast journalists and has apologized.

NBC has distanced themselves from Kelly (who is now rumored to be leaving the Today Show) and will air a rerun instead of a new, live episode.
For some comparison on how messed up WWE has become, WWE feels being associated with someone making blackface comments is worse than being associated with someone making racist comments on tape (Hogan). Both are bad but potentially being an actual racist is less bad in WWE's eyes.

Quote:
Indies Roundup:
Rey Mysterio Jr will be on the Jericho Cruise on 10/27 and 10/28.

Tom Lawlor vs. Sami Callihan in a street fight has been added to MLW's tapings in Cicero, IL on 11/8.

The Women of Wrestling promotion that debuts on AXS in 2019 will be both performing and participating in a panel at the L.A. Comic Con on 10/26 to 10/28 at the Los Angeles Convention Center. There will be matches on Saturday at 4 p.m. and a panel discussion on Sunday at 2:30 pm., and more matches after that.

ROH is putting tickets on sale tomorrow at 10 a.m. local time for shows on 12/15 in Philadelphia at the 2300 Arena, 1/24 in Dallas at Gilley's Dallas, 1/25 in Houston at the NRG Arena, and 1/26 in Austin, TX at the Austin Highway Event Center.

Big League Wrestling announced today that Neville (who is again going by the name PAC since departing WWE) will be making his United Kingdom in-ring return at their show at the Westlands Entertainment Venue in Yeovil, England on Sunday, November 18. He'll be facing Dean Allmark and Jake McCluskey in a three-way match.

Ireland's OTT Wrestling also announced that Neville is coming to their promotion soon. A date for when Neville will debut for them wasn't announced, but OTT noted that it wouldn't be in November.

The Young Bucks vs. KUSHIDA & Chris Sabin has been added to the card for ROH’s Global Wars show in Toronto on November 11. The Briscoes vs. Beretta & Chuckie T vs. Cody Rhodes & Hangman Page is set for Global Wars in Buffalo, New York on November 9. Jeff Cobb vs. Christopher Daniels and Jay Briscoe vs. Scorpio Sky have been announced for Lowell, Massachusetts on November 8.
BLW: https://twitter.com/GoBigLeague/stat...85557000507392 , OTT: https://twitter.com/OTT_wrestling/st...41570391040000

Quote:
Will Ospreay is off Power Struggle after suffering an injury earlier this month.

New Japan’s English website made the announcement tonight that Ospreay will not make his scheduled match against Taichi for the NEVER Openweight championship at next weekend’s event, saying that he needs more time to recover from the injury. There will not be a replacement match and instead the bout will be cancelled.

Ospreay suffered an injury to his ribs back on October 14 in a match against Chris Ridgeway on a RevPro/New Japan Global Wars UK event in Brixton, England. He landed wrong after a kick and was taken to a hospital for evaluation after the match.

A few days later, New Japan announced that Ospreay would be taken off the Road to Power Struggle tour and instead would focus entirely on the NEVER title match at Power Struggle. Obviously, things have changed.
Link: https://www.njpw1972.com/37866

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
The National Wrestling Alliance announced today that a new version of their NWA 70 event from this past weekend has been uploaded to FITE.tv, correcting the audio issues from the live broadcast:

We thank everyone who ordered #NWA70 on @FiteTV!

We can confirm that an updated version of the show is now available with the audio issues fixed including the 2 backstage interviews. If you bought original event, you now have this version!#NWA70 - https://t.co/2XNYx8pJwX pic.twitter.com/psC526g5Sd
— NWA (@nwa) October 25, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/nwa/status/1055479905234825217

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Nikki also did an interview with the New York Post, where she admitted she wasn't happy about the Ronda Rousey line a few weeks ago on Raw regarding Bella's relationship with John Cena. “I’ve grown thick-skinned to it,” Bella said “I just can’t wait for the day it can stop and not every promo towards me brings up my ex and I think it will [stop]. I think there will come a day for that, but maybe there won’t, but I do hope so.”
Wow so the rumor was actually true after all. Literally have thin skin when it comes to not being able to handle worked shoot or "pipe bomb" promos. Probably why they let her try one on Ronda about her mother as a makeup to keep her happy. Link for those interested: https://nypost.com/2018/10/24/nikki-...ys-cena-taunt/

Quote:
Vince McMahon was not at television, which explains his not being in the video footage the company shot of Reigns backstage after his interview hugging everyone and leaving. That was also a surprise since the show was in Providence, which is in the Northeast, closer to Stamford than most shows. But he was in constant contact. Reigns was kept on a bus all day before the show, at his own request. Vince made moves during the day to prepare people who had to know, without going into detail ...

It is believed Reigns found out about the diagnosis on or just before 10/18, because it was that night that Vince McMahon first found out. It wasn’t until the next morning when the key people knew who had to start making plans for what to do, at least temporarily, without him and how to fill the hole of his not being around ...

About an hour before the show, a few people, including both Rollins and Ambrose, were told that Reigns would be opening up the show and giving up the title, but were also given the same word we were, basically that it would all be explained when he did his promo. Reigns had told Ambrose and Rollins before the show to be ready to come out and meet him when his promo was done, but neither were told what it was about. Michael Cole also knew that the show would open with Reigns relinquishing the title, but it is believed he also didn’t know why ...

Leukemia is no joke, and getting it a second time at the age of 33 is worrisome. It would seem to indicate that even if and when he beats this again, he’s at a high risk for it to come back later. Because we don’t know what form of leukemia this is, this percentage may not be accurate, but for leukemia in general, about 57 percent of the people who get it will live for more than five years. It also should be noted that most who get it are much older than Reigns, and not nearly as strong and fit. At the same time, strength and fitness, and even age to a degree, is not a safeguard against the disease because cancer isn’t fair ...

If he has Chronic myelogenous leukemia, which he may have based on saying he’s had it in him for 11 years, then he would be lucky to the degree leukemia is lucky, which is more the best of the worst luck. Chronic myelogenous leukemia is treatable with the drug Gleevec or similar drugs and 90 percent of the people who get it will live five or more years. Hairy cell leukemia, a disease that almost exclusively hits adult males, is both incurable, but easily treatable. About 96 percent or more of people diagnosed with it will live at least ten more years. But both of those forms, while he is likely to survive for a number of years, are also high risk of giving him problems many more times throughout his life.

If it is another form, the odds greatly differ. The other reality is that if he’s got the version of leukemia we hope he has, while nothing is a sure thing, he’s probably beating it and coming back. If he can beat this and come back with most of his athletic ability, he may become the most popular wrestler in the business based on real-life beating of the disease, and coming off the expected highly visible work he’ll do in raising attention and funding for treatment and a cure. In his long-term life story, that will end up being far bigger than main eventing WrestleMania or a delayed coronation or number of times holding championship titles.

Since 2012, Reigns was the guy in the on deck circle, the handpicked replacement for Cena. He was supposed to take the spot in 2015. While it was delayed, with Cena pretty much gone as far as full-time wrestling goes, he’s had the spot since beating Cena in a program and nobody else was considered. The feeling was that it was a spot they probably didn’t have to worry about for five or more years, giving them ample time to find somebody new. The one decision they figured they wouldn’t have to worry about for years is now one they have to make.
Meltzer pretty much went down the list of stars in the main roster and NXT and pretty much came with the conclusion that WWE doesn't have anyone who could fill in Reigns' spot beyond being a temporary or transitional top star. Pretty much just Drew McIntyre and even he's not at the level yet to be an established top star. If Vince gets rid of his size and muscular fetish, the pool for a real potential successor improves by a good amount.

Quote:
More details have come out on the lawsuit filed by Riki Paul Johnson, the first husband of Ashley Fliehr (Charlotte Flair), against Ashley, father Richard Fliehr, author Brian Shields and the WWE ...

The Charlotte Observer had printed excerpts regarding a 2008 fight with Johnson and Ric Flair before the book came out.

The incident in question took place on September 5, 2008, long before Ashley, 22 at the time, became a pro wrestler and before Ashley and Johnson were married in 2010. The two divorced in 2011. At the time Chapel Hill police said that neighbors called for help when they heard a commotion in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Officers found Rick, Ashley and Johnson in a room and that there was a fight that had left Ric bloodied and bruised. Richard Fliehr at the time declined to press charges against Johnson. Then Ashley allegedly kicked an officer and police used a taser gun on her. She was charged with assault on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest. The issue was quickly resolved as a family matter. She pleased guilty to a lesser charge, was sentenced to a 45 day suspended sentence, put on probation and fined $200.

Ric’s version of the story in the book, saying that his daughter and Johnson were having a fight and he tried to step in. “Your daughter,” Ric claimed Johnson said was all he heard before it turned into an altercation. “My daughter did everything for this guy. He could barely hold a job. I got up and said, `Do you think you’re a man behaving this way? You’re not a man.’ Ashley’s boyfriend exploded in a fury and started throwing punches at me. I just stood there. Police arrived, and all hell broke loose. When one of the police officers entered her space and asked her to put her hands behind her back, I heard her say, `Don’t touch me. I said don’t touch me.’ The next thing I knew, the officer used a taser to subdue her. She was brought to the floor and taken into police custody in handcuffs. Her boyfriend assaulted me. I had bruises on my face, and somehow my daughter, who tried to be the peacekeeper, was arrested.”

Ashley noted that she gave up her scholarship at Appalachian State University as a Division I volleyball player after her sophomore year to move in with Johnson, who was attending the University of North Carolina. She claimed in the book there were multiple instances in which arguments led to him become physically violent toward her and also claimed that he used to do drugs with her younger brother, Reid, when Reid lived with them. The lawsuit claimed in that incident that she was the one who went into a tirade directed at the police officers and in doing so said disparaging remarks and racist comments about the African-American community in Chapel Hill, NC.
Quote:
Evolution is at about 300 tickets shy of capacity, which would be about 10,900 tickets. Some of that is because scalpers went in heavy early and they are dying now with lots of tickets out at around $9 or $10, the lowest big show price for entry in years, with about 1,650 tickets left on the market with a few days left. The show was dying until the Ronda Rousey vs. Nikki Bella angle, but even the late sales were something of an illusion as noted by the secondary market pricing.

There are a lot of interesting questions, notably how the Nassau Coliseum crowd, one of the two arenas (Pittsburgh's PPG Center being the other) that have the reputation as the hardest crowds in North America, will react. Rousey gets the biggest reactions and she and Nikki Bella are considered the company's two biggest mainstream stars. Rousey has come through in the clutch and the promo buildup for this has revitalized the show. Lynch and Flair have gotten strong reviews for their house show work and also have a heated storyline. Lynch is the hottest she's ever been, even if it's as a babyface even though each weekly they try and turn her heel.

All of the NXT women that are on television were at one point slated to appear on the show in some form. They were still listed as being there but nothing has been announced for any of them except Baszler, Sane and Shirai.
Quote:
While this week's editions of RAW and SmackDown Live did very little to promote the pay-per-view, Dave Meltzer on the most recent Wrestling Observer Radio noted that the internal reaction to WWE Evolution was that nobody in the company saw it as a big show. Meltzer further noted that the event was announced for Stephanie McMahon to brag about the show, and also as a way to take heat off for the women not traveling to Saudi Arabia for WWE Crown Jewel.
Quote:
Nick Aldis regained the NWA heavyweight title from Cody at the NWA's 70th anniversary show on 10/21 at the Fairgrounds in Nashville. The deal was always that Cody would take the title at All In, and then drop it back at the NWA's show. Cody is still under an exclusive ROH contract, but ROH allowed him to wrestle on this show as part of a deal that included Aldis doing some ROH shows and Cody getting the championship. The change had nothing to do with whatever may or may not be the future of Cody, The Young Bucks and others at the start of 2019. Under the circumstances, with an inability to guarantee that he would be available after the first of the year, it did make sense to move the title back to Aldis, who, along with David Lagana, are really the only people working full-time for Billy Corgan's version of the promotion ...

Corgan has a name and business connections, but hasn't been able to get a TV deal unless there is something unannounced on the horizon. It's known that he pitched the idea to TBS, and some would find something historically significant about the NWA on TBS, since a very different NWA did control the station for most of the period from 1972 to when the initials were dropped in favor of WCW around 1990. But nothing seems to have transpired from it. Most of the top talent these days is under contract to WWE, New Japan or ROH, with a few with Lucha Underground and Impact. Corgan is likely shut out of that talent, as well as CMLL, because they work with ROH, unless it's a unique deal like Cody, who was a key reason the show did as well as it did.
Apparently this show drew the largest crowd ever for a wrestling event at the venue. Crowd size was roughly around 1400.

Quote:
NJPW had cracked down on usage of both GIF's of their product and on people who have produced their own videos. The argument against the move is that this only increases awareness for New Japan. The thing is, a company does have the right to control its content and they do charge for usage of their footage, as does WWE, and NJPW charges a ton to outside parties, which is why you don't see people using a lot of NJPW footage in documentaries. On the flip side, cracking down on the Showbuckle videos that explain the storylines and such of New Japan is so unbelievably counterproductive
Supposedly they are considering easing some of the restrictions but not sure if it was done yet.

Quote:
Cody’s ROH contract actually ends at the end of this month, so his last contracted dates are the Jericho Cruise. However, he is expecting to continue through January but he hasn’t signed a new deal and I wouldn’t expect he would right now as he and The Young Bucks and Hangman Page really are trying to stick together and see what the open market has. Once January comes, for obvious reasons, nobody knows right now what is next. As for Cody and New Japan, nothing is concrete but he’d like to continue to work for New Japan for the rest of his career if that is possible as he loves working there. He doesn’t have a New Japan contract at this point
Quote:
The only thing we were told about the Austin Aries situation is that Aries has a minor concussion and is physically beaten down that there are a lot of layers to the story and what has gone down. The company did not confirm or wasn’t aware of a concussion and that those who talked with him after the match saw no signs of one, but that he and Johnny Impact were stiffing each other with a lot of shots during the match because the early part was trying to work it as a shoot (which is very different and more tiring) and later they tried to do some hard hitting New Japan style hitting and from that style of a match something like that is possible. It is also confirmed that Aries’ contract has expired and no new deal has been signed. He was there on 10/8 in the morning on the first day of television and then was sent home. The television was rewritten to take the stuff involving him out before he was sent home. There is also a lot of Pillmanesque stuff going on with him, as we’ve seen from the entire Johnny Impact angle
Quote:
In a further attempt to make the 12/26 MSG show special and get a rare sellout, they have added a ten-man NXT tag match with Tommaso Ciampa & Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly & Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish vs. Pete Dunne & Aleister Black & Velveteen Dream & Johnny Gargano & Ricochet. The whole deal among other things is with the NJPW/ROH sellout in April, the last thing WWE wants is the story to be that WWE hasn’t been able to sell out MSG in years, especially when they couldn’t last time out with both the return of the Undertaker after eight years to MSG and the debut of Rousey.
Quote:
WWE sent Dana Warrior to Spirit Day to support LGBTQ youth. This is really a weird one since Ultimate Warrior was as publicly anti-gay as almost anyone ever, to the point he lost college speaking engagements and caused a stir because of just how homophobic he was. Now, just because her husband said those things doesn’t mean she believes them. However, it went one step farther as she wore Ultimate Warrior face-paint while doing so
Quote:
Garza Jr., was interviewed in Mexico and talked about his WWE situation. As we reported, Garza was to be signed but because his shoulder was so messed up, after his examination, WWE passed on signing him. Garza said he will have a another shot at a contract early next year and is hoping his shoulder heals enough that he gets clearance this time, noting that he was nixed by the doctors and not by WWE. Garza is barely wrestling these days, hopeful that speeds up the healing process
Quote:
Hogan in an Orlando Sentinel article when asked about holding down younger talent while on top admitted that was the case. “Once I got in the spot, to keep the spot, that’s where the politics came in. Everybody goes, `Well, Hulk Hogan was a politician.’ Well, thank God I was. That’s why I made more money than anybody, that’s why I kept the belt longer, that’s why instead of a five or six or ten year run like The Rock or Stone Cold or different wrestlers, I had a 35 year run on top.
Pretty much a noted piece of shit in wrestling basically being proud at being a big piece of shit during his career.

Quote:
There was recently a pitch made to reunite Bray Wyatt and Harper on WWE TV, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

There's no word yet on if The Wyatt Family reunion is actually being considered but Wyatt and Harper have both been without programs since their partners went out of action with injuries. Wyatt had been teaming with Matt Hardy and the two had a run as RAW Tag Team Champions. Harper and Rowan had a run with the SmackDown Tag Team Titles as The Bludgeon Brothers.
Quote:
We noted earlier this week how Bobby Lashley has reportedly been working through an injury.

Lashley has been working with a separated shoulder, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. The injury has been causing Lashley a lot of pain but he continues to work through it.

There's no word yet on if Lashley will miss any ring time because of the injury but it was believed that he would keep working as long as he could. It could be a situation where he takes time off down the road to heal.

Some other sheet news:
  • WWE continues to get bad press due to their unwillingness to cancel their upcoming Saudi show. The latest being an article from the Associated Press exposing the contradictions of WWE running shows in Saudi Arabia while proclaiming to be a positive force for women's wrestling evolution. https://apnews.com/d7b11ede0d1c48e28b7320d82852894a
  • Texas based Children's Health clinic recently offered their words of support to Roman Reigns on behalf of his kid fans fighting their own battles with illness at their clinics. https://twitter.com/ChildrensTheOne/...21301944745986
  • For those interested, Post Wrestling will be holding a charity drive on November 2nd for their Crown Jewel post-show with them personally donating $5 for every minute discussed about the show. The charity is called Committee to Protect Journalist.

Old 10-26-2018, 05:33 PM   #2335
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
G1 Supercard is 6 months out. And now Cody comes out and says he's not working it?

I doubt ROH & NJPW haven't even thought about a card that far off let alone what the production setup is going to look like.

He's got plenty of time to change his mind.
ClockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 09:46 PM   #2336
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Today's Sheets:

Quote:
Unsurprisingly, this week's Impact drew the promotion's lowest ratings since debuting on Pop TV.

Last night's Impact averaged 98,000 viewers on Pop. This was the first episode to air since Impact moved time slots, with the show beginning at 10 p.m. Eastern time and ending at midnight. In the old time slot, last week's Impact averaged 189,000 viewers.

This week's show was headlined by Johnny Impact retaining his Impact World Championship against Fenix.

The rating in the 18-49 demo was a 0.04. That's unchanged from the past couple of weeks.

The previous low mark for Impact was 161,000 viewers for the episode that aired on December 14 of last year, which went up against WWE's Tribute to the Troops special. The previous low for this year was the 168,000 viewers that Impact averaged on August 9.
Massive loss in terms of percentage and something that needs fixing fast or else lot harder to see POP TV renew their deal even at more favorable terms to them.

Quote:
On what's been a busy week of announcements concerning EVOLVE's relationship with WWE, two NXT wrestlers have been confirmed for EVOLVE 114.

The Street Profits (NXT's Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) will challenge for Chris Dickinson & Jaka's EVOLVE Tag Team titles at EVOLVE 114 in Ybor City, Florida this Sunday. Dawkins & Ford answering Dickinson & Jaka's open challenge had been teased on Twitter before the match was officially announced.

WWE.com is also teasing further NXT involvement in Sunday's show: "Sources say the upcoming match has gotten the attention of the NXT locker room, meaning there’s no telling who else could attend this Sunday’s event."
Link: https://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/art...dickinson-jaka

Quote:
WWE stock fell to $69.78, a drop of $5.90 per share today coming off the decision to go to Saudi Arabia. It was $77.37 when the decision was made and the drop was a combo of some disappointment in the third quarter results, even though it was the most profitable quarter in company history, weak house show numbers and merchandise numbers were a concern but given that this is no longer a company about engaging consumers as much as selling product to third parties, those are metrics that define popularity but they don't define the financial future of the company which is all about the content market after 2024 and nobody can predict that.
Quote:
Seeking Alpha analyzes the WWE stock and states that it’s coming back down to Earth. The stock has fallen 28% since October 1st. Analyst Kevin Cavanagh looks at the results of their third-quarter earnings report and how live events, television numbers, and social media engagement performed and has provided concern.
Link: https://seekingalpha.com/article/421...ing-back-earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer/PWI
Indies Roundup:
Defy tomorrow night in Seattle at Washington Hall has Shane Strickland defending the Defy title against Schaff, Mike Santiago & Ethan HD defend the tag titles against Flamita & Bandido, Rey Fenix vs. Artemis Spencer, Brody King vs. Jeff Cobb and MJF vs. Randy Myers. There will also be a Halloween costume party. You must be 21 or over to attend.

Some new matches from Australia are Brian Cage vs. Bandido for the Impact X title on 11/25 for World Series Wrestling in Perth, Brandi Rhodes vs. Shazza McKenzie for 11/26 in Sydney and Rhodes vs. Erika Reid vs. Indi Hartwell on 11/23 in Melbourne.

Stokley Hathaway will return to MLW on 11/8 in Chicago at Cicero Stadium.

Tommy Dreamer, Low Ki and Sami Callihan also work behind the scenes as agents for MLW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
Konnan has risen in power in Major League Wrestling and will be replacing Bruce Prichard as the company's senior Producer and top agent behind the scenes.

Prichard, PWInsider.com has confirmed, will be leaving MLW in terms of working behind the scenes in what has been said to be an amicable departure. We are told the doors are open for Prichard to return in another role down the line should something come up and that Prichard and Conrad Thompson's uber-popular Something To Wrestle With podcast will continue on MLW's podcast network. That podcast has morphed into a WWE Network series, which is potentially being brought back for a second season.

Konnan started behind the scenes for MLW last month in Fort Lauderdale and almost immediately grew into a larger role, running the locker room at the MLW Fury Road event in NYC. He will be taking over all of Prichard's former responsibilities, which also included gorilla position. The wrestling side of MLW now has Court Bauer, Konnan and Mister Saint Laurent, who all started the first MLW podcast together years ago, as the trio heading up the wrestling side. We are told this will have no bearing on Konnan's work with AAA or Impact Wrestling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWI
How Triple H treats the female talents: "He's really invested in building up the women, he treats us like wrestlers,he'll talk to me like he does to Adam Cole. I wish people would understand how much freedom he gives us. Just the fact we're getting a creative say is making it different."
From a recent episode of the Breaking Kayfabe podcast show with Shayna Baszler as the guest: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/12...n-raw.html?p=1

Quote:
Ronda Rousey spoke to TMZ on the WWE’s decision to move forward with the Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia. Rousey brought up her own experiences at the 2004 Olympics games and running with an Iraqi athlete following the U.S. and Iraq conflict that began in March 2003 and citing how this story hits home with her sister being a journalist. While Rousey admittedly states she is an “idealist”, any defense of running this show must include the fact WWE is being paid such an exorbitant amount of money and that was the ultimate decisionmaker as opposed to the company acting as change agents. In April, this was not a show about change, and if it was, it was the WWE’s willingness to “change” how they operate with the exclusion of talent and complicit endorsement of a foreign government with a horrible track record of human rights violations. For the WWE to present a similar show in tone next week, will renew a lot of the backlash. The WWE’s defense would have less criticism if they were running a regular show that was independent of the Government, that is not what this show is. The company didn’t wake up one day and realize they need to enact change in Saudi Arabia, they were offered an enormous contract to bring a “form” of their entertainment to the country. These shows are seen as a larger commercial for Saudi Arabia to a worldwide audience and that is what they are paying for.
Pretty much the same BS type reasons as WWE, JBL, and Randy Orton had on how WWE has to hold the event there in order to bring positive change to women's rights in the country. Link with the quotes and video: https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/r...-arabia-268761

Quote:
As of Thursday, we were told that John Cena is still off the Crown Jewel event. A replacement for Cena in the World Cup tournament probably won’t be announced until Raw on Monday.
Quote:
On today’s Super Junior Tag League show from Korakuen Hall, they tried out a new English commentary team with Shaun “Mavs” Gillis and Lanny Poffo. Gillis is a sports broadcaster that is based out of Nova Scotia.
Quote:
It looks like the WWE Network will start airing two episodes of the WWE NXT UK series each Wednesday, beginning next week. The Network schedule currently has two one-hour episodes scheduled for 4pm and 5pm ET on Wednesday. The usual 3pm ET timeslot will now feature a replay of the previous week's episode. Noam Dar vs. Zack Gibson and Trent Seven vs. Saxon Huxley are being advertised for the 4pm episode. Wolfgang vs. Mark Andrews and Moustache Mountain vs. Huxley & Sam Gradwell are being advertised for the 5pm episode.
Quote:
New NXT Superstar Chelsea Green (former Knockouts Champion Laurel Van Ness) is set to make her in-ring debut for the brand at tonight's live event in Largo, Florida. She was originally scheduled to debut at Thursday's show in Cocoa, FL but that show was postponed until next month due to Hurricane Michael. Green tweeted the following on tonight's debut and asked fans which side of her they want to see:

Who do you want to see tonight, @WWENXT Largo?
??????? or ???? https://t.co/ESxKweClhr
— Chelsea Green (@ImChelseaGreen) October 26, 2018
Link: https://twitter.com/ImChelseaGreen/s...15447206080512

Quote:
Tye Dillinger is the latest WWE Superstar to play a game of "tweet & delete" on the social media platform.

Dillinger posted a #TBT tweet on Thursday and included a photo of his match with WWE United States Champion Shinsuke Nakamura. Dillinger wrote, "#TBT To that time I used to wrestle."

Matt Jackson of The Young Bucks responded to Dillinger's tweet and wrote, "Money ain't everything."

Dillinger responded to Jackson's tweet with a simple, "Word."

It's interesting that Dillinger and Jackson deleted those last two replies to the original #TBT tweet. You can see a screenshot of the deleted exchange below, thanks to Reddit user ceps2111.

With the deleted tweets, it's also interesting that Dillinger left up several other tweets related to the original #TBT tweet, including fan comments on how he could potentially be released for tweeting something about how much in-ring time he gets. It looks like at least one of the fan replies could have been a reference to his "Word." tweet to Jackson.
Link to the tweets: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...ackson-647158/

Quote:
WWE officials reportedly tried keeping Rey Mysterio from going on Chris Jericho's "Rock 'N' Wrestling Rager at Sea" cruise that sets sail this weekend, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

Mysterio informed WWE officials of the cruise booking as a pre-existing commitment when he signed his new contract to return to the main roster and told them he would not be wrestling, he would just be attending as a guest. WWE still tried to keep Mysterio from going.

Mysterio was not booked for any WWE live events this weekend but it will be interesting to see if he makes Tuesday's SmackDown tapings in Atlanta, the final show before Crown Jewel. WWE currently has Rey advertised for SmackDown but the cruise does not end until the next day. It's possible Rey leaves the cruise a day early when they make it to the Bahamas on Monday.
Quote:
Nearly as shocking as Roman Reigns' announcement that he's battling leukemia is the revelation that he battled the disease before. Both fans and fellow Superstars were unaware of Reigns' history with the disease but Triple H was one of the few who knew.

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon appeared on the Elvin Duran Show where Hunter discussed why Reigns didn't make public his first battle with leukemia.

"Very few people knew about [his first battle]. He and I had spoken about it and this was something that he didn't want to put out there until he had reached a certain point in his career because he didn't want people to feel like he was being pitied or given things for a certain reason," stated Triple H. "He wanted to be able to come out at the end and say, 'Look, I've dealt with this the whole time. You can do anything. This is not an end sentence.'

"As we talked about on Monday, [I told him] 'Life is what happens when you're busy making plans.' The rest of the stuff happens and it didn't work out the way he thought it would. It's back and now's the time to spread that message."
Link with more quotes and video interview: https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...battle-647153/

Quote:
Above is this week's WWE Network Pick of the Week, featuring Toni Storm introducing her Mae Young Classic win over Meiko Satomura. Storm will now face Io Shirai in the MYC finals at Sunday's WWE Evolution pay-per-view.

It's worth noting that WWE's YouTube description for this video notes that Storm will be doing battle for the WWE NXT UK Women's Title on Sunday at Evolution. It appears this is just an error by the social media team. WWE's official match preview for Storm vs. Shirai confirms the winner will receive the MYC trophy. There is no mention of the NXT UK Women's Title.

It's also interesting that the NXT UK Women's Title match has been pulled from the official Evolution card on WWE's website ... WWE noted that there would be a NXT UK Women's Title match at Evolution when they first announced the pay-per-view several months ago.
Likely due to the inaugural winner of the UK Women's belt hasn't aired yet and WWE decided to hold that title match at the recent batch of NXT UK tapings instead even though they've been spoiling who won it at recent NXT house show events.

Some other sheet news:
  • According to recent tracking, WWE for some strange reason decided to release more tickets for sale for Evolution even though it seems to be around 1400-2000+ away from original sell out status.
  • According to the Observer, the secondary market for Evolution's tickets is at its lowest ever amount for a WWE event in a very long time at $7.64. Seems to be a mix of scalpers bought up way too many tickets and general interest being lower than usual.
  • Apparently Vince McMahon had a fondness for both Yokozuna's and Rikishi's ass which was the origin for Rikishi's Stink Face move, according to Bruce Prichard. https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...k-face-647157/
  • According to Showbuzz Daily, this week's episode of Lucha Underground drew around 80k viewers.

Old 10-27-2018, 06:28 PM   #2337
Mr. Nerfect

Wow, TNA has almost fallen to Lucha Underground levels.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #2338
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

Them suffering a sizeable drop was to be expected considering its happened to them before in the past but since they were already dealing with a tiny viewerbase, that drop ended up being magnified a lot more.

Their current tv deal with POP TV expires at the end of this year so not a lot of time left for them to gain back what they lost and then recoup their viewership losses from the past couple months.

I'd still put them ahead of LU in terms of health considering El Rey is very weak as a national network in the US and they are about to take a major hit to their value once their Netflix deal expires mid-November.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:03 PM   #2339
Mr. Nerfect

The writing is on the wall with TNA, I think. They moved them back for a reason. There is better stuff to put in that slot. They may have had a chance of surviving if they could retain their fanbase at the later time, but nope. They certainly won't be making money off their deal if they get offered a new one, and what is the appeal of TNA to other networks? <100,000 viewers? They have a history of being thrown off TV and being absolute pains to work with (say what you want about new management -- this is the legacy they have inherited).

Their parent company might try to keep them alive because of international TV deals and their presence on their app or whatever, but I'd be surprised if they end up with something better than POP given that they've scaled back their presence.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:04 PM   #2340
Mr. Nerfect

Interesting to see if that number goes down even more.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:20 PM   #2341
Emperor Smeat
Former TPWW Royalty

To be fair, POP supposedly gave them no warning at all about the timeslot move and they only found out about it at the same time as everyone else. Not even WWE would be immune to that type of drop percentage-wise if they had little to no heads up.

Could see POP give them some slack like when Destination America did the same but yeah the writing is on the wall for their future on the network unless they can quickly recover from this drop and the gradual decline since the Summer.

Dixie screwing up TNA/Impact's relationship with Spike TV keeps coming back to haunt them since they would have been in a much better place had she just sold them the ownership share they wanted and listened to their "No Russo" rule.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:25 PM   #2342
Mr. Nerfect

That POP doesn't value them enough to tell them about the change speaks loads, honestly.

The Russo/Spike TV is still absolutely boggling.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:27 PM   #2343
ClockShot
TPWW Fire Pro Champ

ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)ClockShot makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Daaaaaaamn. WWE signed Chelsea Green?

I hope she brought along the hot mess gimmick. That was fun at All In.
ClockShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:59 AM   #2344
Mr. Nerfect

She can do a lot better than Zack Ryder.
Old 10-29-2018, 09:59 PM   #2345
Bad News Gertner
Best Poster

Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Bad News Gertner makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
RIP Dirty Sheets
Bad News Gertner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:16 AM   #2346
Sepholio
3 Dicks Out For Trips

Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Sepholio makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Sepholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #2347
slik
Trickster Demon

Quote:

While WWE has not officially confirmed Bryan's status, PWInsider.com has confirmed that Bryan made it clear he would not be traveling to the event and WWE began making alternative plans last week.

WWE were making plans to have the Styles and Bryan bout take place at the WWE Performance Center and then airing it during the Crown Jewel broadcast on Friday. However, those plans were scrapped.

Bryan is advertised to face off with Styles on tonight's Smackdown Live broadcast, so the company has several choices in front of them. They could run an angle to take Bryan out of the match and have AJ Styles face someone else at Crown Jewel (we've heard Rusev's name mentioned as a possible replacement) or simply tape the Styles vs. Bryan match at tonight's taping to insert into the Crown Jewel broadcast. The company could also change direction and have the match on Smackdown tonight in order to close out the storyline and move Styles on to another challenger. They have several options open to them as of this writing and we are told no final decision had been made as of last night.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=121389
Old 10-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #2348
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Daniel Bryan not wanting to go to Saudi Arabia to wrestle for the WWE Title after going through all he went through is hilarious. Hope he never gets another title shot
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 05:52 PM   #2349
Mr. Nerfect

I don’t blame Bryan for not wanting to shake hands with a murderer in order to get a title shot like a mark.
Old 10-30-2018, 06:03 PM   #2350
Blonde Moment
It's all Bullshit

Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Can we just archive this
Blonde Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:31 PM   #2351
Droford

Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Droford makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noid View Post
I don’t blame Bryan for not wanting to shake hands with a murderer in order to get a title shot like a mark.
That's not the point.
Droford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:40 PM   #2352
Blonde Moment
It's all Bullshit

Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Blonde Moment makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
I would have Miz ambush him tonight or pretaped for Friday and have him wrestle and beat Styles. Have Styles get screwed out of his match at Survivor series, have Bryan beat the Miz at the RR and Styles win the RR so he can get his belt back.
Blonde Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 07:03 PM   #2353
Mr. Nerfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droford View Post
That's not the point.
What is the point?
Old 10-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #2354
Mr. Nerfect

The only other point I could possibly gather is that you think it's funny that they only offered him a title shot in Saudi Arabia, a place no one wants to travel to right now, and that it'd be even funnier if he never got a chance to headline again? Gtfo, Droford.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:53 AM   #2355
slik
Trickster Demon

Old 10-31-2018, 11:57 AM   #2356
Ol Dirty Dastard
boop/bop/beep

Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Ol Dirty Dastard makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
They'll fuck it up if they try book Becky as a cowardly heel against ronda. Should book it as badass face versus badass face.
Ol Dirty Dastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:23 PM   #2357
Damian Rey 2.0

Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Damian Rey 2.0 makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
If they really feel that way why the fuck are they booking Becky and Ronda for survivor series? They would've booked Nia for that match
Damian Rey 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 12:31 PM   #2358
slik
Trickster Demon

TLC bouts being advertised currently are (surprisingly all RAW despite it being a dual-brand show):

Quote:
IC TITLE
Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose

Braun Strowman vs. Drew McIntyre

RAW WOMEN'S TITLE
Ronda Rousey vs. Nia Jax
Old 10-31-2018, 12:32 PM   #2359
Swiss Ultimate
Amazon Affiliate

Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Swiss Ultimate makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
Dirt Sheets Sponsored by Chicago Steak Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer
EVOLVE ANNOUNCES STREET PROFITS, AICHNER'S FIRST TITLE DEFENSES

After WWE-contracted wrestlers were crowned as champions this past weekend, EVOLVE has revealed the lineups for their next two events.

At EVOLVE 114, NXT's Fabian Aichner defeated Shane Strickland to win the EVOLVE Championship and The Street Profits (NXT's Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) defeated Chris Dickinson & Jaka to win the EVOLVE Tag Team titles. Their first title defenses are set for EVOLVE 115 in Livonia, Michigan on November 9. The Street Profits will defend against JD Drake & Anthony Henry, and Aichner will defend against the winner of Harlem Bravado vs. Jason Kincaid vs. Josh Briggs vs. Leon Ruff from earlier in the night.

Aichner defending his title against AR Fox has been announced for EVOLVE 116 in Oak Lawn, Illinois on November 10. The Street Profits will be in singles matches on that show. Ford is facing Strickland. Dawkins is wrestling Briggs.

As part of EVOLVE's relationship with WWE, Mustafa Ali is also wrestling at EVOLVE 115 and 116. His matches against DJZ and Darby Allin had already been announced.

Here are the cards for the two shows:

EVOLVE 115 --
  • EVOLVE Tag Team Champions The Street Profits defending against JD Drake & Anthony Henry
  • Mustafa Ali vs. DJZ
  • Fabian Aichner defending against the winner of the four-way freestyle match
  • Harlem Bravado vs. Jason Kincaid vs. Josh Briggs vs. Leon Ruff in a four-way freestyle match
  • AR Fox (w/ Ayla Fox and The Skulk) vs. Austin Theory (w/ Priscilla Kelly) (stipulation to be announced)
  • Barrett Brown also advertised

EVOLVE 116 --
  • EVOLVE Champion Fabian Aichner defending against AR Fox
  • WWN Champion JD Drake defending against Anthony Henry, Austin Theory (w/ Priscilla Kelly), and Harlem Bravado in an elimination match
  • Mustafa Ali vs. Darby Allin
  • Montez Ford vs. Shane Strickland
  • Angelo Dawkins vs. Josh Briggs
  • A special attraction match from Freelance Wrestling
  • Jason Kincaid vs. Barrett Brown
  • The Skulk also advertised
20% off orders over $40 at Warm Belly Bakery, code CHIP, exp 11/30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Observer
HULK HOGAN ADVERTISED FOR WWE CROWN JEWEL

While no official announcement has been made, a notable name is now being advertised for Crown Jewel.

WWE.com's events page for Friday's show in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia now lists Hulk Hogan among the "featured superstars." The events page has also been updated to reflect the changes that were made on this week's television, with Bobby Lashley replacing John Cena in the World Cup tournament and Samoa Joe replacing Daniel Bryan in the WWE Championship match.

The names listed for the show are: Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Kane, Randy Orton, Joe, AJ Styles, Lashley, Kurt Angle, The Miz, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, Seth Rollins, and Hogan.

In an interview with the Orlando Sentinel last week, Hogan indicated that he could be appearing at Crown Jewel. “There are a lot of plans in the works,” Hogan said. “I’m looking forward to going to Saudi Arabia with the WWE, looking forward to WrestleMania -- but yeah, we’re moving forward at a rapid pace. It’s exciting to have this opportunity again after all these years where I was there and gone.”

Hogan was reinstated to the WWE Hall of Fame in July and met with the WWE locker room backstage at Extreme Rules, where he addressed the situation and apologized for the racist diatribe that was made public and led to him being fired from the company in 2015.
Crazy Like A Fox: The Definitive Chronicle of Brian Pillman 20 Years Later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling Inc
Backstage News On Possible WrestleMania 35 Plans For A Pair Of WWE Hall Of Famers

We noted before how WWE has plans to use Hall of Famers Trish Stratus and Lita in the future as big pay-per-view events like the Royal Rumble or WrestleMania. Word now is that WWE is already working on plans for Team Bestie in early 2019 as we go into WrestleMania 35 season.

WWE officials are reportedly planning on using Trish and Lita at WrestleMania 35, according to PWInsider. The idea is to use the two in a major tag team match but there's no word yet on who their opponents might be.

Trish and Lita returned to the ring together at WWE Evolution on Sunday night, defeating Mickie James and Alicia Fox. They then worked a 10-woman match on RAW the next night, teaming with Natalya, Sasha Banks and Bayley to defeat Mickie, Fox and The Riott Squad. It's believed that they will be back around towards the end of the year.

There's obvious speculation on Trish and Lita being involved with the planned WWE Women's Tag Team Titles, which are expected to be revealed soon. Stephanie McMahon spoke with Sky Sports last week and said we would see the titles "sooner rather than later" but she did not elaborate.

SPUNK Lube Pure Silicone 128oz Gallon

Quote:
New WWE Title Match Announced For Crown Jewel

Samoa Joe vs. WWE Champion AJ Styles is now official for Friday's WWE Crown Jewel event in Saudi Arabia.

The match was made after Styles retained his title over Daniel Bryan in the opening match of tonight's SmackDown. Joe returned and attacked both men after the match before celebrating with Styles' championship belt.

Bryan vs. AJ was originally scheduled for Crown Jewel but Bryan is not making the trip, presumably due to the controversy surrounding WWE's relationship with the Kingdom following the state-sponsored death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

As noted, tonight's blue brand episode saw SmackDown Commissioner Shane McMahon make Bryan vs. Styles after interrupting an in-ring argument between the two. This was WWE's way of working around Bryan refusing to go to Saudi Arabia. Joe attacked both men after the match and AJ later talked SmackDown General Manager Paige into making the match for Friday.

Below is the updated card for Friday's Crown Jewel event, which takes place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia at the King Saud University Stadium:

Vacant WWE Universal Title Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Braun Strowman

WWE Title Match
Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles

SmackDown Tag Team Title Match
The New Day vs. The Bar with Big Show

WWE World Cup: One-Night Eight-Man Tournament
RAW: Bobby Lashley, WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle, WWE Intercontinental & RAW Tag Team Champion Seth Rollins, Dolph Ziggler
SmackDown: Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Rey Mysterio, The Miz

DX (Triple H and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels) vs. The Brothers of Destruction (The Undertaker and Kane)
Quote:
Roman Reigns Gets Support Aboard Jericho Cruise, The Elite Halloween Costumes, Starrcast, ROH SOTF

Above, The Kingdom hyped their upcoming title match against the ROH Six-Man World Tag Team Champions Cody and The Young Bucks at this Sunday's ROH Survival of the Fittest in Columbus, Ohio. The Survival of the Fittest tournament winner will receive a future ROH World Title shot. The event will stream for HonorClub members at 7pm ET. Below is the full card:

* The Kingdom vs. Cody and The Young Bucks (ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship)
* Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky vs. Jay Lethal and Jeff Cobb
* Tracy Williams vs. Jonathan Gresham (SOTF First Round Match)
* PJ Black vs. Luchasaurus (SOTF First Round Match)
* Beer City Bruiser vs. Christopher Daniels (SOTF First Round Match)
* Adam Page vs. Colin Delaney vs. Dalton Castle (SOTF First Round Match)
* Andrew Everett vs. Guerrero Maya Jr. vs. Flip Gordon (SOTF First Round Match)
* Silas Young vs. Stuka Jr. vs. Marty Scurll (SOTF First Round Match)

- During "All In" weekend, Starrcast hosted multi-day events for fans coming to the show, including numerous live podcasts. The company has since changed its Twitter handle from "Starrcast" to "Starrcast Events" hinting there could be more on the way. While on the Jericho Cruise, Cody Rhodes said he was going to do everything in his power to bring "All In 2" to the fans.

#New @twitter #handle @StarrcastEvents

— #StarrcastOnFITE (@StarrcastEvents) October 31, 2018

- Below, The Elite sent out a Happy Halloween to the fans and showed off their Mario Brothers group costumes. There's been a running joke on Being the Elite that Nick Jackson is the "Luigi" of the team and that's exactly who he dressed up as.

Happy Halloween from The Elite. pic.twitter.com/adZ5mYT6GE

— The Young Bucks (@MattJackson13) October 31, 2018
Sex Music: Sexy Erotic Instrumental Romantic Piano for Love Making Romance and Sexual Healing

Quote:
Vince and The Rock Both Included in Variety500

Vince McMahon and The Rock have been included on the updated Variety500 list, which is online at this link. The Rock's business partner and ex-wife Dany Garcia is also included on the list.

The Variety500, which was updated today for 2018, is an index of the 500 most influential business leaders that shape the global $2 trillion entertainment industry. The update revealed today reflects the accomplishments of its members over the past 12 months. The members were selected by the Variety editorial board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportskeeda
WWE News: Why you must attend the 'For The Love of Wrestling' Convention in Liverpool

The heart of the matter
As of this writing, For The Love of Wrestling have already announced a very impressive list of 11 wrestling legends, with the intention of announcing up to 40 more, which will quite literately make it the biggest wrestling convention that the UK has ever seen.

With still more than 6 months to go, For The Love of Wrestling have already announced guests such as the 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Booker T, Lita and Ted Dibiasie Sr. And joining these Hall of Famers are former World Heavyweight Champion Christian, the Honky Tonk Man, Kelly Kelly, Brutus 'The Barber' Beefcake, the Brooklyn Brawler and the ever lovable Virgil.

And while Ric Flair and Bret Hart are two of the greatest in history of the game, For The Love of Wrestling has promised more headlining talent to come. That will include the overall headliner to be announced on December 9, who FTLOW promise is someone who has never made a UK con appearance before, rarely made these kind of appearances at other events, that people will want to come just to see him and that his photo ops and autographs will all sell out online, and very quickly!

Perhaps the best thing of all is how very well priced the event is. Entry tickets start at £22.00 per adult and children over 10 and £5.50 for ages 5 - 9, with infants free. Photo opp prices and autograph prices are very well priced to. While the like of Ric Flair can often be as much as over $100 for a professional photo at an American convention, the 'Nature Boy' sits at just £40 for a professional photo at For The Love of Wrestling.

What's next?
For the Love of Wrestling takes place in Liverpool, England on the 27 and 28 of April.

This is an event not to be missed!
Please remember to thank our sponsor by buying a delectable Large Maine Lobster tail today!

Last edited by Swiss Ultimate; 11-02-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Swiss Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 02:17 PM   #2360
Fignuts
Hey Mister!

Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)Fignuts makes a lot of good posts (200,000+)
The new guy sucks.
Fignuts is offline   Reply With Quote